[Dead] Metal Arms 4.99 @ Best Buy is back.

The July 3rd group - I will be calling tomorrow also. I still have not received mine. I find it strange that there was NO tracking number for any of us even though everyone had a status of SHIPPED. Well I am hoping they do have some in stock for us who should have priority over the people who ordered AFTER US but I must be in fantasy land if I think that will happen. Good luck guys, believe it or not, I hope at least one of us gets this game (any of us). Don't get me wrong, I hope its me but hey at least I can get my money back.

[quote name='AlucardDE']The July 3rd group - I will be calling tomorrow also. I still have not received mine. I find it strange that there was NO tracking number for any of us even though everyone had a status of SHIPPED. Well I am hoping they do have some in stock for us who should have priority over the people who ordered AFTER US but I must be in fantasy land if I think that will happen. Good luck guys, believe it or not, I hope at least one of us gets this game (any of us). Don't get me wrong, I hope its me but hey at least I can get my money back.[/quote]

I got a tracking number. Not a valid one.

Ass Beans! I thought it was $9.99 and I was going to get it. Then I saw the tag said 29.99. I fiured the price went back up.

[quote name='AlucardDE']The July 3rd group - I will be calling tomorrow also. I still have not received mine. I find it strange that there was NO tracking number for any of us even though everyone had a status of SHIPPED. Well I am hoping they do have some in stock for us who should have priority over the people who ordered AFTER US but I must be in fantasy land if I think that will happen. Good luck guys, believe it or not, I hope at least one of us gets this game (any of us). Don't get me wrong, I hope its me but hey at least I can get my money back.[/quote]

I just called and was told it has only been 20 days and Best Buy does not consider it lost until 21 days have past. What a joke. I was told to call back tomorrow. My bet is they won't have any in stock. Man I hate Best Buy.

I'm going to talk to a supervisor tomorrow because it's ridiculous for them to have sent emails to multiple people from the July 3rd group saying the game shipped when it didn't.

It's one thing to be told the game isn't in at all but to be lied to kinda pisses me off.

To update this situation, they're giving me a refund. I have to fill out some form they're sending me and then fax it back to them. This has been such a freaking hassle, I'll probably never order off Bestbuy.com again.

since were all complaining about BB screwing up shipping........

i got a memebership to the linkin park club as a gift. they told me they shipped my package on Jan. 17(or some day) it took 3 weeks to show up when it did the stamp said shipped out of Cali 4 days ago. so they were telling me crap. all of the newbies on the site were complaining and mods only said it takes time to ship, we don't ship them all at once. Well if you don't how about you don't lie to me about. one member who had been there for years was giving me crap. i pm'ed her about why she has all these stories when she flat out has said many times and in her sig, that it shipped on the 17 and showed up on the other coast the same day.

just figured i post another great story about bull-shipping customers.

[quote name='mmn']To update this situation, they're giving me a refund. I have to fill out some form they're sending me and then fax it back to them. This has been such a freaking hassle, I'll probably never order off Bestbuy.com again.[/quote]

they'll probably back-order your form too.

Don't give up hope guys. Ordered mine back on the 15th and order was completed a couple days ago. Just checked the tracking confirmation and it stated:

Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 11:56 am on July 24, 2004 in BOLINGBROOK, IL 60440. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Mine is enroute to my front door. So that's pretty exciting to know since so many of us missed out on this deal. I'm assuming that those with their orders completed will get their games sooner or later. Good luck.

[quote name='dukedynamo']Don't give up hope guys. Ordered mine back on the 15th and order was completed a couple days ago. Just checked the tracking confirmation and it stated:

Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 11:56 am on July 24, 2004 in BOLINGBROOK, IL 60440. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Mine is enroute to my front door. So that's pretty exciting to know since so many of us missed out on this deal. I'm assuming that those with their orders completed will get their games sooner or later. Good luck.[/quote]

Ditto.

Holy Crap! I just got my email confirmation just a few minutes ago.

Ordered 7/15
Shipped 7/23

Rock-N-Roll!!!

I just got my shipping confirmation also. I was worried that they were going to cancel all those backorders. I can't wait to get this one........

I just checked and they have charged my credit card, so between that and the package tracking, I'm feeling pretty confident it will find its way to me......

It's true indeed... Just got shipping confirmation email:

Dear Stud Muffin:

The items listed below have shipped on 07/23/2004. Your credit card has now been charged for the shipped items.

Order Date: 07/15/2004
Order Number: BBY01-4xxxxxxxxxx

QTY Product Description

1 Metal Arms: Glitch in the System-Xbox
Stud Muffin
xxxxxxx
Modesto, CA

Tracking info: 00xxxxxxxx

[quote name='neonglow']My order got cancelled. Darn![/quote]

As did mine. Way to get my hopes up yet again BestBuy, I thought maybe you'd actually make good on your deal this time, but alas I was wrong.

Edit - My email to BestBuy.com customer service. I encourage anyone else who had a similar experience to do the same (not that it will make a lick of difference, but you never know).

This is ridiculous. I've had several orders cancelled by BestBuy, and I have NEVER been given a reason. Your online ordering and warehousing process is SEVERELY flawed. I suggest you find a new solution before you alienate the rest of your customer base. When it comes time for me to purchase that plasma screen TV I'll be sure to give my business to someone I know that can fufill my order -- read: CircuitCity.com.

Ahhh yes. Add this one to the huge list of games I've ordered from BB that got cancelled without them notifiying me.

I can take solice in the fact that I "almost" got it as I placed my order on the 15th like several others who actually got the game.

BestBuy.com rocks!

Sure hope mines arrives later today. I was on back ordered and according to the shipping tracker, it's arrived in my state as of yesterday. I was expecting them to cancel the order, so I'll be happy if I actually get it .

What's real bullcrap is those of us who ordered it on the 3rd of July didn't get ours, yet those who ordered on the 15th did.

I really don't think I'll ever order from BestBuy.com again, no matter how good the deal looks.

bestbuy.com is notorious for pulling this nonsense. i got my re dead aim copy so i cant complain tho. imo it is worth it, there will always be people that bitch: someone else will be bitching bc they missed out and never ordered, another person will be bitching bc their order got cancelled.

I could care less honestly. I was just reporting that my was cancelled. I'm sure if I bitched enough to BestBuy.com they MIGHT give me a $5 store credit, but I highly doubt it.

I guess that is the chance you take when something is on back-order. no big deal really

Mine came yesterday. I was very surprised, especially considering I didn't even get the notice that it shipped until after I found it in my mail.

Just got mine today. I'm guessing that those with their orders stated as complete will get their games shipped. Thanx to the person that posted this deal. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

[quote name='"kaw"'][quote name='neonglow']When it comes time for me to purchase that plasma screen TV I'll be sure to give my business to someone I know that can fufill my order -- read: CircuitCity.com.[/i][/quote]

Now I know you're kidding. Circuit city is notorious for bait and switch tactics (never having anything in stock).

I got mine today. I ordered on 07/22. Question to the people that had their order cancelled, did you try to order multiple copies?

[quote name='mmn']What's real bullcrap is those of us who ordered it on the 3rd of July didn't get ours, yet those who ordered on the 15th did.

I really don't think I'll ever order from BestBuy.com again, no matter how good the deal looks.[/quote]

What pisses me off even more is that they are treating me like a thief. I ordered the 3rd of July, they claim they ship it, they take my money, they can't prove it was ever delivered, but I am the one who has to sign an affadavit that I didn't receive it. That is disgusting and absurd. The fact that people who ordered on the 15th got copies and I didn't is just salt in the wounds.

Got mine yesterday.

rebthor - Mine was shipped with delivery confirmation. Do they claim yours was shipped with DC and the Post Office shows it as being delivered? If so, that sucks. If not you might be able to bitch that you know they shipped some DC, so why the heck did the one they shipped to you that got 'lost' not have DC?

bread's done
Back