[DEAD] Newegg.com Sale.. Borderlands 2 $19.99 Dead Island Riptide Preorder S39.99

I went in store to Best Buy and cancelled my $5 pre order and paid 39.99 for the pre order matching newegg. They questioned the word "Special Edition" on BB's item info but I mentioned that the regular edition is the special first edition if you will.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Got my BB order for it price matched on the 2nd try. I made sure to write down the confimation number as well because the credit won't be issued until my order ships.[/QUOTE]

Ya, that's the same with my order. Glad I'm not in this boat alone ^_^

Just made an order on the phone with the PM to Newegg's price. The BB rep was so helpful and there was no problem. I gave her the item number on Newegg's website and she saw the price and went straight to placing an order with the new price. I asked for the confirmation number to write down just in case.

for those that got Bestbuy to pm, did you place the order first then called or cs has to place the order for you?

also has anyone ever been able to pm a preorder in store?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']for those that got Bestbuy to pm, did you place the order first then called or cs has to place the order for you?

also has anyone ever been able to pm a preorder in store?[/QUOTE]

I placed my order first, but the price hasn't been updated on the order page and was instead told I would be credited back $10 when it shipped. Others have had success placing the actual order over the phone and had their order directly reflect the $39.99 price. I tried to place a new order this way, but was shot down 3 times - I'm going to just keep the first one and hopefully be credited back without any issues (if there is any, I have the reference number so I should be covered).

[quote name='Gamer SDP']for those that got Bestbuy to pm, did you place the order first then called or cs has to place the order for you?

also has anyone ever been able to pm a preorder in store?[/QUOTE]

I placed order over phone. the rep knew about the newegg price so it was easy

Placed it over the phone and had them set everything up (I had a gift card I wanted to use, etc.). I just got billed about an hour ago for the order. Came out to 32.89. Still no email confirmation but I held onto the # I was given just as a previous poster did.

[quote name='Link2999']hm. I just called twice again to have them try and reorder Riptide for me, but both CSRs told me they can't pricematch preorders. I'll see what happens with my existing order I guess.[/QUOTE]

I've price matched a few pre-order games over the phone with no problem. I tell them that I am price matching a pre-order and they go ahead and do it. I guess sometimes you get a rep that has no business answering the phone.

Just caught an awesome CS rep that dropped a $15 gc in the mail for cover the tax on the $10 pm. She didn't want to cancel the order, but that works just fine for me. Fourth time's a charm.

[quote name='TooPoor']Why is Riptide this cheap for preorder? Is it just a good deal or it's kind of like a Dead Island 1.5 thing?[/QUOTE]

The devs have been up front about what this game is: basically a big expansion pack with some new gameplay elements added in. The MSRP was also explained by the devs. They thought it was too late in the console lifecycle to charge $60. Whether that truly is the case, $39.99 day one is pretty hard to pass up. This isn't the Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.

[quote name='kellte2']The devs have been up front about what this game is: basically a big expansion pack with some new gameplay elements added in. The MSRP was also explained by the devs. They thought it was too late in the console lifecycle to charge $60. Whether that truly is the case, $39.99 day one is pretty hard to pass up. This isn't the Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, saved me a lengthy research :lol:
I still haven't got to the first one yet, since I need another console to do co op with the wife.

Well, I was just denied over the phone with my local Best Buy to try to pre order just like I thought I would. So, I just called the corporate 1-(888)-237-8289 and ordered it there successfully! This was the first time I have ever had fantastic service. The woman on the phone was so nice and helpful. She verified I would be receiving the Steel Case, and the $20 RZ Certificate. I don't know if I will ever order anything from my local Best Buy ever again. LOL
Take the few extra minutes to call the number above and order yours or modify what you need to. It's worth the 10 extra minutes it'll take. One of the cheapest pre orders I think I've ever made.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']Well, I was just denied over the phone with my local Best Buy to try to pre order just like I thought I would. So, I just called the corporate 1-(888)-237-8289 and ordered it there successfully! This was the first time I have ever had fantastic service. The woman on the phone was so nice and helpful. She verified I would be receiving the Steel Case, and the $20 RZ Certificate. I don't know if I will ever order anything from my local Best Buy ever again. LOL
Take the few extra minutes to call the number above and order yours or modify what you need to. It's worth the 10 extra minutes it'll take. One of the cheapest pre orders I think I've ever made.[/QUOTE]

I called that same number and had a different experience. I was told that it couldn't be done because it was a pre-order, and a lot was made because it was the special edition so...

I dunno if it's worth it to keep making a fuss over it.

Got a preorder in for Riptide with In Store Pickup, the $10 off was nice, but mostly I wanted to switch my store preorder to online the way BB's System's have been making preorder pickup's a nightmare. This way I will save like 40 minutes of "hmm why is the $5 not being taken off?" Walk in, show pickup slip, walk out with game.

Used $25 in RZ cert's.
Product Total: $39.99
Shipping: $0.00
Sales Tax:$0.95
Total Credit: -$25.00
Order Total:
$15.94

I called over the phone to try to order the PS3 version and she refused to pricematch for me, because for some reason... newegg has special edition listed for $50 and normal edition listed for $40, but it's the reverse for the xbox. For the xbox, normal is listed at $50 and special edition is listed at $40. I tried to tell her it should be the same for both consoles, but she was like hmmmmm, no, it doesn't say special edition for the PS3, I don't like it. Let me check with my manager, blah blah blah, I'm sorry, looks like we're not going to be able to pricematch, but I can offer you 10% off your order. I just said no thank you and hung up. I wanted the steelbook case, but it's whatever. I'll just buy this when it's $20.

[quote name='krashhole']Lotta hassles over $10[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing when I was on the phone. I'll see if my buddies at another store can do something if the price holds for some reason.

The $20 RZ certificate is the make or break of this deal (especially if you don't have to pay tax at Amazon...which I don't). I thought about switching my order to BB, but I'm not an Unlocked member....so I'd be spending $15 and paying $4 in tax to save $10 and get the $20 certificate. Still not a terrible proposition...but a fair amount of effort considering I don't go to BB too often. I was never able to get Amazon to match the price...but like I said, after tax, it's only a $6 difference, and Amazon does give a $10 video credit with it. So, that's at least something.

Congrats on CAGs getting this for essentially $20 at launch. Glad GCU still has its value even after the policy adjustment.

[quote name='Sonne']I called that same number and had a different experience. I was told that it couldn't be done because it was a pre-order, and a lot was made because it was the special edition so...

I dunno if it's worth it to keep making a fuss over it.[/QUOTE]
I'm very surprised by this. The person I had on the phone looked up NewEggs price with me on the phone and verified that it was indeed cheaper. I did give her the Best Buy SKU# 5732219 and the Newegg Item# N82E16874165024 to make it quicker for her. I would definitely try calling the 800 number again, give those two numbers, and maybe you will get a different person that will help you out.
As far as making a fuss over it, it is definitely worth it. Not only are you saving $10 right off the top, you are also getting a $20 Reward Zone certificate that is same as cash at Best Buy. You're also getting the limited steel book case free. There is all sorts of win on this deal. I personally loved the first game. So, maybe I have a little bit of bias towards it, I was planning on picking it up anyway regardless of price. Maybe it's more of a happy little personal victory for me!

[quote name='ShirtSizeXXXLXT']I'm very surprised by this. The person I had on the phone looked up NewEggs price with me on the phone and verified that it was indeed cheaper. I did give her the Best Buy SKU# 5732219 and the Newegg Item# N82E16874165024 to make it quicker for her. I would definitely try calling the 800 number again, give those two numbers, and maybe you will get a different person that will help you out.
As far as making a fuss over it, it is definitely worth it. Not only are you saving $10 right off the top, you are also getting a $20 Reward Zone certificate that is same as cash at Best Buy. You're also getting the limited steel book case free. There is all sorts of win on this deal. I personally loved the first game. So, maybe I have a little bit of bias towards it, I was planning on picking it up anyway regardless of price. Maybe it's more of a happy little personal victory for me![/QUOTE]

You have to have the Unlocked membership for the Cert, which I don't. I'm considering not renewing my PowerUp Rewards with GS at the end of the month, and going with BBY instead.

I loved the first, so I'll get this somehow at some point. Hell, maybe even at full if I want all the extra crap, I don't mind supporting Techland and Deep Silver on this one.

[quote name='PenDynasty']I know this one is dead, but did anyone get an email confirmation who called in the price match?[/QUOTE]

I never did get an order confirmation but I checked my order status on the website and my game shipped today.

bread's done
Back