[DEAD] Newegg Summer Sale

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Newegg is currently have a summer sale, and has a ton of games listed.
All of the following come with free shipping and are eligible for Shoprunner.
Sale is officially over.

Playstation 3
Resistance 2 $12.99
Killzone 2 $12.99
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99 SOLD OUT
Call of Juarez: The Cartel $12.99
Resonance of Fate $14.99
Virtua Tennis 4 $14.99
Yakuza Dead Souls $29.99 SOLD OUT
MotorStorm $12.99
Air Conflicts: Secret Wars $9.99
Binary Domain $29.99
LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year Edition $12.99
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames $8.99
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction $12.99
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One $24.99
X-Men: Destiny $24.99

PS3™ Accessories
CTA Vertical Induction charger for PS3 controllers with AC Adapter $19.99
SONY New Owner's Kit (DualShock3, HDMI Cable, USB Cable) $39.99
CTA Bowling Ball For PlayStation Move $7.99
CTA PlayStation Move Sniper Rifle $7.99

Nintendo® Wii Games
A Boy and His Blob $12.99 SOLD OUT
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword $29.99 SOLD OUT
Just Dance $19.99
Just Dance 2 $19.99

XBOX 360® Games
Resonance of Fate $14.99
Call of Juarez: The Cartel $12.99
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $7.99
Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
Dance Central $17.99
PowerUP Heroes $14.99
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
Kinectimals $14.99
Binary Domain $29.99
Limbo/Trials HD/Splosion Man Triple Pack $9.99
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99 Thanks KanYozakura

XBOX 360® Accessories
CTA Digital Bowling Ball For Xbox 360 Kinect $7.99
CTA Digital XBOX 360 Triple Induction Charge Station $19.99

Nintendo® 3DS Games & Accessories
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D $24.99
CTA Digital Bowling Ball for Wii $7.99
Rayman 3D $9.99 SOLD OUT
Michael Jackson: The Experience $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Bosamba. Although it's ancient, I rarely see Motorstorm this low from a top-tier vendor.

Of course, I reserve the right to remove Newegg from that category if they continue to ship Brazilian imports, pathetically disguised with "Hot New Release" stickers and homemade UPC labels.

Might bite on a Owners Kit. It was 35 on amazon in Dec and the controllers are usually 35-40.

ACB is 14.99 used at BBV but they might have a 3 for 20 sale

Is that a good deal on Tools of Destruction? I could have sworn i have seen it for around that price a few times at different places. Or am i thinking of A Crack in Time? lol

Ive never played a Ratchet game. Think its about time sigh

Which one should i even start with...

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']If Dead Souls was $20 I'd pounce.

BTW why are people on half.com (which by definition should mean half price) Selling the game for almost SEVENTY DOLLARS used? And over $70 new.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't know half.com still existed, that's lame.

Good price on Resonance of Fate, but already own it. Enslaved been that cheap for ages now, but still get it, good game.

To the above post about Ratchet and Clank^
Tools of Destruction is the first PS3 game, A Crack in Time is the 2nd. Both had a $10 Black Friday price 2 years ago, last Black Friday sucked and they were $15.

Though the PS3 games are better, I still recommend the HD collection, those were good games back in the day, and HD remakes would be the way to start out in my opinion. The HD collection has first game, Going Commando, and Up Your Arsenal. Wait for it to hit $20-30, but it has 3 full games in 1, love those.

Dance Central 1 is kinda tempting since I haven't seen it dip under $20 much. Already have DC2 so debating whether it's worth that price just to import the DC1 songs.

[quote name='MellowSeth']Is that a good deal on Tools of Destruction? I could have sworn i have seen it for around that price a few times at different places. Or am i thinking of A Crack in Time? lol

Which one should i even start with...[/QUOTE]

I haven't messed with the PS3 ones but I played the PS2 ones, they're pretty fun platformers but maybe a tad bit overrated IMO. I think they're coming out with an HD collection of the PS2 games. But it's your choice if you want to wait for those or start with these. Or of course if you still have a PS2 or backwards compatible PS3 and dont want to wait on the collection you can get the ones on PS2 individually for pretty cheap.

I have Dead Souls in my shopping cart, but no I must stay strong and wait until it's $15. Shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Anyone played it and have any opinions on it? Is it worth $30? Is it worth $15?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I have Dead Souls in my shopping cart, but no I must stay strong and wait until it's $15. Shouldn't be too long of a wait.

Anyone played it and have any opinions on it? Is it worth $30? Is it worth $15?[/QUOTE]

I waits for $20 price or less ;)

Yeah I will too. I have the money that's not the issue. I just like to get fair value for what I pay for games. From everything I've heard, this one is worth $5-$10. Maybe I'll still overpay and accept it for $15ish.

[quote name='shrike4242']That would work for starters, yes.

Long-term, if you get more Enerloops, I'd recommend getting a smart charger like a LaCross BC-700 or BC-1000.

Every single remote, game controller or other device I have that takes AAs or AAAs, which is quite a bit, has Enerloops in it.[/QUOTE]

I purchased those when I bought Skyword Sword, and they didn't work in my Wiimote Plus. When I plugged in the charger and followed the instructions, no light came on and I haven't touched them since. Wonder if I got a defective unit, or if they just don't work with Wiimotes.

[quote name='MellowSeth']Is that a good deal on Tools of Destruction? I could have sworn i have seen it for around that price a few times at different places. Or am i thinking of A Crack in Time? lol

Which one should i even start with...[/QUOTE]

I enjoy the R&C games. If I recall, Tools of Destruction does NOT have trophies. Don't know if you care. Don't take my word for it, look it up.
Still a good game.

Somewhat tempted to get Dead Souls and Binary Domain, but they will inevitably drop to 20 or less so I think I'll pass.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Goddamn. I don't even own a 3DS yet but I'm having a hard time on passing up Zelda.[/QUOTE]

If anyone knows, is this as good a deal as there has been for OoT 3D? I haven't watched price on this one at all and am thinking about grabbing it.

[quote name='mmxzero']If anyone knows, is this as good a deal as there has been for OoT 3D? I haven't watched price on this one at all and am thinking about grabbing it.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this is the cheapest it's been so far, especially if you don't pay tax at Newegg.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Goddamn. I don't even own a 3DS yet but I'm having a hard time on passing up Zelda.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo 1st Party games are incredibly stubborn with price drops, so I'd probably jump on this deal if you have any interest in picking up a 3DS at some point. I remember seeing NSMB for DS "on sale" for like $25 last year, and that was already a 5 year old game then.

[quote name='Jon7']I'm pretty sure this is the cheapest it's been so far, especially if you don't pay tax at Newegg.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. That seems right, being a Nintendo game.

I may as well pick up El Shaddai for $13 too and give that a try.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Skyward Sword for $30?! That is incredibly tempting...[/QUOTE]

Kmart had it for $20 like a week or two ago, but that deal probably was the best it's going to get for SS.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Kmart had it for $20 like a week or two ago, but that deal probably was the best it's going to get for SS.[/QUOTE]

wasnt that only in-store though? Kmart near me closed up years ago.

[quote name='GamerDude316']wasnt that only in-store though? Kmart near me closed up years ago.[/QUOTE]

it was a price mistake by kmart on SS, corrected by most stores in a day or two.

Good deal on the Sony starter kit I'll snag one if the nearest k-mart doesn't have a DS3+game Bundle on clearence (rather add another game to the collection than more cables I dont need:p)

Deciding upon buying Odysseus to the West new on newegg for $8 or buying used from BB with my credit for $5... Hmm... decisions, decisions...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kenshindono']360 version looks a bit better. PS3 has some aliasing and lighting issues. So probably 360 version. Its the version I got.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-resonance-of-fate/

not a major difference though[/QUOTE]Hmm, interesting. However, biggest thing I noticed was that PS3 version only allowed 720p, while 360 version has 1080p. Kind of glad I went with 360 version. Also neat that they already shipped out the game today.

[quote name='tomwaits1']Is Assassin's Creed Brotherhood a GH game on PS3? ie. If I order from newegg am I going to get a red GH case? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Id like to know the same for the brotherhood game, but for the 360. Are there platinum hits of Brotherhood out there? I dont want a platinum version but dont know how to tell

[quote name='KanYozakura']FYI El Shaddai is $13 on the 360 too :D[/QUOTE]

can i say damn you? as i much prefer the 360 controller in addition ive wanted to play this game for a while and it would likely go to front of the back log right after i finish asuras wrath

also about reasonance of fate. the game has an odd difficulty spike throughout it and loves to with no warning stick you into spots that are extremely hard. whats that your level 20 guys got through with moderate difficultly. oh the boss is level 80 have fun!!!! you have to grind ALOT to avoid getting pounded to a bloody pulp.

if its possible i dont remeber. i think it is but not sure MAKE BACK UP SAVES CONSTANTLY!!!!!!! if you cant make ones on the computer so you dont get stuck somewhere against an uber boss(EXTREMELY COMMON) and be basically screwed. also the way the game plays if your shield goes down you are dead almost instantly after wards and rest assured there will be at least one party member that gets focused on so their shield falls and you therefore die and you have crystals once that goes to 0 you are basically a walking target. crystals go up and down based on combat.

game is fun enough but it likes to stick you against ridiculous bosses at random intervals.

im only on chapter 8. i may come back to it and finish it sometime but im stuck another stupid uber boss with no way out. even grinding is ridiculously tough sometimes. i might suck at the game but eh its still rather tough.

just forewarning people that are buying the game so they might save themselves a few headaches. grind, grind, grind, grind ,grind and make back ups of saves on the computer if you cant do it in the game. trust me this isnt a game to go in under leveled. the AI will screw you.

Is one version of El Shaddai better than the other? I have both the 360 and PS3. Does one have sharper graphics and/or better framerates?

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']whats the deal with resonance of fate? looking at a review and I don't even know what to think...[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I am on the fence about this game right now... Decisions decisions...

[quote name='Kenshindono']Id like to know the same for the brotherhood game, but for the 360. Are there platinum hits of Brotherhood out there? I dont want a platinum version but dont know how to tell[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but I haven't seen a platinum hits Brotherhood yet at any of the local stores I frequently visit. If newegg sends a platinum hits version, you could probably buy a vanilla version locally and then return the platinum hits version to the same store since the upc should be identical.

Hm. Is that a good price for LBP GotY? I've actually been looking around for that game; I was hoping I'd be able to find it for $10, but I might bite for $13...

[quote name='coldgears']Deciding upon buying Odysseus to the West new on newegg for $8 or buying used from BB with my credit for $5... Hmm... decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

Do neither. It's an awful game.

[quote name='MochaRaf']Ditto, I am on the fence about this game right now... Decisions decisions...[/QUOTE]

Ultimately the game is alright. The combat system is a lot of fun and super challenging. It's very deep so it never gets stale along the 40 or so hours you will be playing for. It has a lot of original things going for it, but if you love story, then unfortunately the story in ROF isn't that strong. You only get glimpses and pieces of story after finishing an entire chapter of things that seem goofy and irrelevant. It comes down to what you're looking for, really.

[quote name='coldgears']Deciding upon buying Odysseus to the West new on newegg for $8 or buying used from BB with my credit for $5... Hmm... decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

Enslaved is awesome. Not for everyone, but for that price, can't really go wrong trying it out and seeing if you like it.

Grabbed a New Owners Kit. Now have 4 DS3 and the afterglow controller thats somewhat broke i got from Amazon for 13.

bread's done
Back