[DEAD] Newegg Summer Sale

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Newegg is currently have a summer sale, and has a ton of games listed.
All of the following come with free shipping and are eligible for Shoprunner.
Sale is officially over.

Playstation 3
Resistance 2 $12.99
Killzone 2 $12.99
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99 SOLD OUT
Call of Juarez: The Cartel $12.99
Resonance of Fate $14.99
Virtua Tennis 4 $14.99
Yakuza Dead Souls $29.99 SOLD OUT
MotorStorm $12.99
Air Conflicts: Secret Wars $9.99
Binary Domain $29.99
LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year Edition $12.99
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames $8.99
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction $12.99
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One $24.99
X-Men: Destiny $24.99

PS3™ Accessories
CTA Vertical Induction charger for PS3 controllers with AC Adapter $19.99
SONY New Owner's Kit (DualShock3, HDMI Cable, USB Cable) $39.99
CTA Bowling Ball For PlayStation Move $7.99
CTA PlayStation Move Sniper Rifle $7.99

Nintendo® Wii Games
A Boy and His Blob $12.99 SOLD OUT
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword $29.99 SOLD OUT
Just Dance $19.99
Just Dance 2 $19.99

XBOX 360® Games
Resonance of Fate $14.99
Call of Juarez: The Cartel $12.99
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $7.99
Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
Dance Central $17.99
PowerUP Heroes $14.99
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
Kinectimals $14.99
Binary Domain $29.99
Limbo/Trials HD/Splosion Man Triple Pack $9.99
El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron $12.99 Thanks KanYozakura

XBOX 360® Accessories
CTA Digital Bowling Ball For Xbox 360 Kinect $7.99
CTA Digital XBOX 360 Triple Induction Charge Station $19.99

Nintendo® 3DS Games & Accessories
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D $24.99
CTA Digital Bowling Ball for Wii $7.99
Rayman 3D $9.99 SOLD OUT
Michael Jackson: The Experience $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dawg Pound']What is the verdict on Operation Flashpoint: Red River? Read some reviews, but was wondering if anyone here has played it?[/QUOTE]

Haven't played Red River, but have the 1st one, think it was called Dragon Rising or something. Definitely not like Battlefield/Call of Duty, very realistic, one shot, one kill (in some cases, cheap kills, from where they can see you from like a mile away even if in wooded/jungle cover). Must have a lot of patience to play or enjoy more realistic military action games.

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']The "Other discounted games" link under Xbox 360 turned up no results. Is that because they are sold out?[/QUOTE] I was trying to link all the games that Newegg has listed as "discounted" that aren't listed in this specific sale. Unfortunately, my links work sporadically at best so I just removed that line.

If interested to see what else they have, just go to their website and filer by system, then it should say "Discounted Titles" either the second or third option on the left side under filtering options. For example, they have House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut for the PS3 for $14.83 with free shipping which I picked up.

[quote name='ratzombie']Damn, disappointed I missed out on Yakuza: Dead Souls... been waiting for it to hit $30.00.[/QUOTE]

me too. ugh. hope it comes back in stock.

wound up getting El Shaddai, FEAR 2, the PS3 version of Resonance of fate (have 360 but at thaty price why not both), and decided to snag Darkness II. Mostly because i wanted to make sure i get the Limited edition and am not sure if I will if I wait for a 20 dollar price point. $26 isn't bad. Are most of the copies out there still LE? Amazon doesn't mention it anymore. All in all about $75 total. Would have been cheaper if I passed on Darkness II

Grabbed El Shaddai (360) and A Boy and His Blob. Really tempted on Binary Domain, but I'll wait for it to drop just a bit lower...

Thanks OP!

I am weak. Ended up getting Binary Domain. Yeah it'll get cheaper eventually. Ah well. Xmen Destiny is definitely not worth 25 tho. I got it for $10 at Gamefly- that pricepoint is about right.

[quote name='ratzombie']Damn, disappointed I missed out on Yakuza: Dead Souls... been waiting for it to hit $30.00.[/QUOTE]

Same here, not sure how I missed this thread the first time. :(

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Enslaved, and Dance Central are back in stock. Last Day to get in on this sale.

WARNING! some of the games are shady as hell. I got FEAR 2 and it is NOT new. There is no xbox seal on the side and its an obvious reseal. Hell theres even a big gap on the side where the plastic didn't wrap all around. My copy of the Darkness II looks a bit odd too. Theres a strange yellow sticker under the outer plastic that my Best Buy copy doesn't have. I'll take some pics, but not too sure about that one

FEAR 2 is most definitely a used game though. What the hell, i've never had problems with Newegg before. Are they selling refurbished/used crap as new now? Should I even open this or just call/email them right away? I need to return Darkness anyway because it was on sale for 12 bucks at BB

[quote name='Kenshindono']WARNING! some of the games are shady as hell. I got FEAR 2 and it is NOT new. There is no xbox seal on the side and its an obvious reseal. Hell theres even a big gap on the side where the plastic didn't wrap all around. My copy of the Darkness II looks a bit odd too. Theres a strange yellow sticker under the outer plastic that my Best Buy copy doesn't have. I'll take some pics, but not too sure about that one

FEAR 2 is most definitely a used game though. What the hell, i've never had problems with Newegg before. Are they selling refurbished/used crap as new now? Should I even open this or just call/email them right away? I need to return Darkness anyway because it was on sale for 12 bucks at BB[/QUOTE]

This is Splinter Cell all over again.

[quote name='earvcunanan']This is Splinter Cell all over again.[/QUOTE]

^What happened?

Never had a problem with Newegg. Then again, I haven't looked as closely at my Newegg games as I should.

[quote name='ComTruise']Picked up El Shaddai a while ago, as well as some Sennheiser noise-cancelling headphones for $19.99 lol![/QUOTE]

Why do people use 'lol!'instead of a period at the end of their sentence? Cause your post definitely did not make me laugh out loud... or maybe my humor is too dry.

I'm intrigued about this used as new issue because out of my many purchase I've never had an issue and guess I missed the splinter cell issue

people don't always laugh from humor, often it's simple social bonding or basic interacting. and i think lol became disconnected from a literal meaning at least a decade ago. internet acronyms are often used as style elements, like italics or small caps.

anyone who got a used game instead of new, definitely contact newegg. both to have the csr resolve the issue and get them to address what could be a serious supply problem.

especially if the fear code was used.... was the game disc scratched? perhaps the outer wrap got ripped in the warehouse so they just resealed it. possibly never "used" before.

edit: lolololololol

[quote name='Kenshindono']WARNING! some of the games are shady as hell. I got FEAR 2 and it is NOT new. There is no xbox seal on the side and its an obvious reseal. Hell theres even a big gap on the side where the plastic didn't wrap all around. My copy of the Darkness II looks a bit odd too. Theres a strange yellow sticker under the outer plastic that my Best Buy copy doesn't have. I'll take some pics, but not too sure about that one

FEAR 2 is most definitely a used game though. What the hell, i've never had problems with Newegg before. Are they selling refurbished/used crap as new now? Should I even open this or just call/email them right away? I need to return Darkness anyway because it was on sale for 12 bucks at BB[/QUOTE]

I'm very sorry to hear that but F.E.A.R. 2 wasn't a part of this sale, so I'm guessing you paid $17.99 for it for the Xbox 360?

And just like CAGs are weary of 3rd Party sellers on Amazon, this too is sold by a 3rd party seller called iNetVideo. If the game you received is indeed a reseal, it wasn't Newegg that tried to scam you but iNetVideo. I'd contact Newegg and iNetVideo, and I'm sure Newegg will rectify the situation. They don't want to risk bad word-of-mouth about their business I'm sure.

In the future, just be aware while on Amazon or Newegg who exactly the seller is. If it's being sold direct by the two you should be fine. If it's a 3rd party seller, be prepared for anything as their quality assurance can vary.

yeah i know its hilarious im bitching about $2 but the principle of them using a bait and switch on it is more than enough to justify a good kitn

[quote name='cjenvy']any idea why enslaved is listed at 7.99 but when you add to cart comes up as 9.99?[/QUOTE]

That's because this deal is dead, it should have ended at 5/31 but they were slow to change the prices back.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Id like to know the same for the brotherhood game, but for the 360. Are there platinum hits of Brotherhood out there? I dont want a platinum version but dont know how to tell[/QUOTE]

I got the black label version today from Newegg.

[quote name='Bosamba']I'm very sorry to hear that but F.E.A.R. 2 wasn't a part of this sale, so I'm guessing you paid $17.99 for it for the Xbox 360?

And just like CAGs are weary of 3rd Party sellers on Amazon, this too is sold by a 3rd party seller called iNetVideo. If the game you received is indeed a reseal, it wasn't Newegg that tried to scam you but iNetVideo. I'd contact Newegg and iNetVideo, and I'm sure Newegg will rectify the situation. They don't want to risk bad word-of-mouth about their business I'm sure.

In the future, just be aware while on Amazon or Newegg who exactly the seller is. If it's being sold direct by the two you should be fine. If it's a 3rd party seller, be prepared for anything as their quality assurance can vary.[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice it was a 3rd party. I always watch out on Amazon for that, but wasn't aware that Newegg does that now too. I dont think they did years ago back when i bought stuff from them before

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']especially if the fear code was used.... was the game disc scratched? perhaps the outer wrap got ripped in the warehouse so they just resealed it. possibly never "used" before.

edit: lolololololol[/QUOTE]

fear code? what do you mean? Was this suposed to come with some DLC? I dont know if it was scratched because I didn't open this. Its such an obvious reseal its laughable. Here are the pics i took today, im going to email them tomorow... should i just email neweggs general customer service addy?

Here are some pics of it.
https://home.comcast.net/~kenshindono/junk/fearused1.jpg
https://home.comcast.net/~kenshindono/junk/fearused2.jpg
https://home.comcast.net/~kenshindono/junk/fearused3.jpg
https://home.comcast.net/~kenshindono/junk/fearused4.jpg

what a joke. I took a pic of a REAL sealed game for comparison
https://home.comcast.net/~kenshindono/junk/newexample.jpg

anyway, id hope that this is a no hassle return/refund. What a scam. The 3rd pic in particular shows how the damn thing isn't even sealed on the edge. Its wide open

By the way my copy of Darkness II is weird looking. Im sending it back since i bought it cheaper at bb, but it has an odd sticker on it

darkness.jpg

on the bottom left of the pic there (top left of the case). What the hell is that?? The copies i saw in stores dont have it. Its under the wrapping. Is there some extra code under there? Is it suposed to be there? If its some extra bonus i may keep this version and send back the BB one

what the heck.. anyone done a return through newegg? Im trying to return Darkness II since i found it cheaper, but i cant seem to do it through the automated process.. do they just flat out not take refund/returns?? Thats a horrible policy if thats the case. I expected to just have to eat return shipping on it

[quote name='Kenshindono']what the heck.. anyone done a return through newegg? Im trying to return Darkness II since i found it cheaper, but i cant seem to do it through the automated process.. do they just flat out not take refund/returns?? Thats a horrible policy if thats the case. I expected to just have to eat return shipping on it[/QUOTE]

Don't know which platform or what the policy was when you ordered, but currently for the console versions it is:
Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
Return for refund within: non-refundable
Return for replacement within: 30 days

Seems pretty clear.

that does seem to be the case.. well thats really lame. I assumed as long as it wasn't open it shouldnt be a problem. Now i have an extra overpriced copy of this game.. yay. I guess i can try contacting them via email or something and requesting a return. Pretty damn stupid policy. Pretty much any online retailer lets you return stuff unopened

I cant for the life of me find a way to contact 3rd party sellers either. I need to take care of that used copy that was listed as new. The link on the returns page for report a problem just takes you to the general search page on the help section. Yeesh, Newegg used to be pretty decent, looks like theyve gone to hell

I hate when stores reseal and sell as new. There should be consequences from doing it. Also, a lot of stores say they just opened it "for display purposes" but you look at the game disc and it has clearly been played multiple times.

That is no different from ordering a box of fine chocolates and it arriving with some of them missing from the box.

New is new and opening and/or playing is not new. They are the biggest hypocrites too, because if you open a game, most game stores won't give you a full refund(only exchange for same game) back because it has been used. So they can sell you games opened as new, but won't take it back themselves.

bread's done
Back