[dead] No More Heroes 2 for $14.99 + FS

Thanks OP. I think Ill try one, the first one wasnt to bad really.

[quote name='musicjunkie']geez, this makes me wish I had a Wii. Cheap games left and right.[/QUOTE]

Cheap does not equal good.

[quote name='gargus']Thanks OP. I think Ill try one, the first one wasnt to bad really.

Cheap does not equal good.[/QUOTE]

True but an 84 overall on metacritic generally does. I think I'm just trying to convince myself. $15 is nothing until you don't have $15 extra dollars to spend =/

I still haven't played past the first mission on this one...if it's still in stock later I may pick it up.

Yeah, I saw that and was thinking...err...the other platforms probably have more/better cheap games than the Wii.

Though I've been a Wii hater since the begining (I like power, I hate gimmicks...I want a Gamecube 2 with modern hardware...or at this point 2005 hardware LOL + a focus on real games, not "motion" controls)...so it's not my thing, BUT it's actually had a surprising number of good or solid games of late. Metroid Prime 3...at least the rerelease is solid (despite the controls). Super Paper Mario's pretty great. The three (!) Mario games are fantastic. The Munchables and Rabbids Go Home are both surprisingly great, etc. Still my last pick for a core gamer, but it's got a lot of real games now...almost feels like Nintendo knew the gimmick was wearing off and they'd need to start developing games again a few years ago...

...I say, before Nintendo anchors a holiday season next year with the vitality sensor ;) (Unfortunately I'm only half joking...they've done just as stupid things so far)

[quote name='chimpmeister']Fixed. :roll:[/QUOTE]

dude, get your anti-wii bullshit out of here.

NMH2 is a good game that just didn't sell well. This isn't something Imagine Family Petz Doctor or Indian Jones Staff of Kings.

Enjoy grinding boring mini-games for hours in order to be able to afford new weapons. Also, I hope you guys have Classic Controllers - this isn't a game you can play with the Wii Remote without throwing it at the screen in frustration.

It's a fun game if you can get past the gameplay, but watching Youtube runs would conveniently do that for you.

Damn...I bought this day one and only got about 2 hours in. :/

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Also, I hope you guys have Classic Controllers - this isn't a game you can play with the Wii Remote without throwing it at the screen in frustration.[/QUOTE]I will say that I did prefer NMH1 controls more, but I would never say the Classic Controller is better suited to use than the Wii-mote. Hell, this series is the only reason I'll stand behind the Wii-mote 100%.

[quote name='ryushe']Damn...I bought this day one and only got about 2 hours in. :/[/QUOTE]

Odd, figured you'd have already beaten it since you have Travis as your avatar.(So I figured you were a huge fan of the series)

NMH2 is great...probably. I haven't played it yet, but I did beat the first and that was awesome.

[quote name='ryushe']Damn...I bought this day one and only got about 2 hours in. :/

I will say that I did prefer NMH1 controls more, but I would never say the Classic Controller is better suited to use than the Wii-mote. Hell, this series is the only reason I'll stand behind the Wii-mote 100%.[/QUOTE]

Try fighting against the rank 24 boss and you'll see exactly what I mean. I'm not saying it's impossible to do, but you aren't gonna have an easy time using the basic controls.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Odd, figured you'd have already beaten it since you have Travis as your avatar.(So I figured you were a huge fan of the series)

NMH2 is great...probably. I haven't played it yet, but I did beat the first and that was awesome.[/QUOTE]Odd I know, but around that time Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2 and Tatsunko vs. Capcom came out all together and as much as I love Mr. Touchdown, those games just did more for me at the time.

I am a HUGE fan of the NMH1 though. Beat it on every difficulty and one time finished the whole game killing (almost) enemy using the darkstep ability. It, as well as SMG1/2, is honestly the only reasons I still have my Wii.

[quote name='confoosious']dude, get your anti-wii bullshit out of here.

NMH2 is a good game that just didn't sell well. This isn't something Imagine Family Petz Doctor or Indian Jones Staff of Kings.[/QUOTE]

28cpqtk.jpg

AAAAAAAH! That...did they KNOW what they were doing when they made that cover?!? That's...astounding

Other than the small portion of the game where you play as the female assassin, this is a stellar Wii game at an amazing price. I bought this for ~$35 and don't regret it at all.

I'll probably bite on this as soon as I get my Paypal sorted out. Stupid Paypal keeps freezing my account just because I'm in a different country. Once, fine but it's still annoying. Twice is just messed up especially since I didn't login to a different PC since lifting the limitations. I'll be calling them today. It should be sorted out quickly after the 10 minute hold.

I bought it at full price at launch. It was well worth the price even at that point. I'm not sure why it's getting all this hate. I had fun with the coconut mini game and other than the platforming you do with the female characters, there is nothing wrong with this game.

[quote name='g13']Can you use a Gamecube controller on NMH2 or only the classic controller?[/QUOTE]

From what I recall, you can't use the Gamecube controller. I bought a classic controller JUST to play this game (after my friend and I made a mutual agreement to stop trying the R24 boss as we didn't want to snap our wrists in order to beat it), which I wouldn't have done if I could use a Gamecube controller.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']From what I recall, you can't use the Gamecube controller. I bought a classic controller JUST to play this game (after my friend and I made a mutual agreement to stop trying the R24 boss as we didn't want to snap our wrists in order to beat it), which I wouldn't have done if I could use a Gamecube controller.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll wait until I pick up a classic controller before I buy NMH2.

Remember there's two types now I guess-the original is very SNES like, the new 'Pro' one is more Playstation like (which...also makes it SNES like but you know what I mean :lol:) So you can choose which you want I guess.

For some reason a lot of people don't like it I guess, but I love the Classic pad, and wish it were the default Wii controller...I kind of wonder if it was the Gamecube 2's controller before the system was scrapped for the Wii.

[quote name='ChicoChanqlueta']I bought it at full price at launch. It was well worth the price even at that point. I'm not sure why it's getting all this hate. I had fun with the coconut mini game and other than the platforming you do with the female characters, there is nothing wrong with this game.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that. (I'm not religious)

I dare say you cannot call yourself a gamer if you don't play NMH. The game is a freaking love letter to every gamer.. seriously, theres no excuse!

Wow, how did I miss that you could use a cc on it? Thats pretty cool but honestly the motion controls (and crazy story) made it one of my favorite games this gen.

I just ordered, figured it won't get much cheaper than $14.99.

[quote name='musicjunkie']geez, this makes me wish I had a Wii. Cheap games left and right.[/QUOTE]Just don't trade in a 360 or even a Triple for it if that's all you have. The good games (be they cheap or expensive) on the Wii are far and few between compared to the other two systems.

Thanks OP, good price.

[quote name='guinaevere']The good games (be they cheap or expensive) on the Wii are far and few between compared to the other two systems.
[/QUOTE]

Hearing fan-boy (-girl?) nonsense like this from a moderator is pretty unsettling. :(
Wii has dozens of GREAT games.

Thanks for the info, OP. I'll be ordering a copy ASAP. :D

[quote name='Gameboy415']Hearing fan-boy (-girl?) nonsense like this from a moderator is pretty unsettling. :(
Wii has dozens of GREAT games.[/QUOTE]

Hearing this from a user that has a Nintendo system as a username is pretty unsurprising.

Her statement is correct. There's only a handful of games on the Wii worth owning. Maybe two dozen games. Maybe. This game is one of them.

I wonder if they're going to release this on PS3 as well. I'd prefer importing to avoid picking up another title that could be slightly superior (even if censored -- though that's how it was, originally). Anyway, this price is crazy so in for one.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Hearing fan-boy (-girl?) nonsense like this from a moderator is pretty unsettling. :(
Wii has dozens of GREAT games.[/QUOTE]

I think mods on here are still entitled to express opinions.

Anyway, I don't think you have to jump to defend the Wii. The market has spoken.

As someone who has been inclined to agree with guinaevere and finally took the plunge, it's not about quantity. A dozen or so very good games (some with unique gameplay) are enough to justify the discounted price I paid for the console. And from what I can tell, this game is one of those.

Ugh, no idea when I'll ever get to my Wii games and I haven't played the first game yet but I want this. I want it so bad.

bread's done
Back