Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credit + Thanx goes to PrinnyOtaku

icon10.gif
Coupons do stack with sale prices
icon8.gif
Coupons do not stack with price matches, package deals (buy 2, get 1, etc) or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)

BESTBUY.COM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electronics/Video-Games/abcat0700000.c?id=abcat0700000

:ps3: $10 off Resistance 3 $50 after coupon
:ps3::360: $10 off Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY $10 after coupon
:ps3::360: $15 off Mortal Kombat $45 after coupon
:ps3::360::pc: $15 off Lord of the Rings: War in the North $45/$35 after coupon
:ps3::360: $20 off Rocksmith Game or Bundle $60/$180 after coupon
:ps3::360: $10 off Sonic Generations $40 after coupon
:ps3::360::wii: $10 off Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 w/ Gun OR Cabela's Survival Adventures w/ Gun $60/$40 after coupon
$30 off Turtle Beach Modern Warfare 3 Delta Headset $270 after coupon

MAGAZINE DETAILS

SUBSCRIBING (In-Store vs online)
In-Store - You get the current months mag for FREE JUST HAVE THEM SCAN IT when you bring the sub receipt from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep may allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail.

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used & + 10% extra trade-in)
Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-...11/td-p/320180

***YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE "UNLOCKED" TO USE THE COUPONS & IT'S NOT TIED TO YOUR RZ ACCOUNT JUST USE THE COUPON***

Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

Another reason to be "unlocked" as opposed to just buying single mag EXCLUSIVE COUPONS
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307422

For those who may not think the $15 is worth it here's the previous months mags since coupons started stacking judge for yourself:
June/July issue
August issue
September Issue
October issue
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304619

For Batman AA GOTY store stock issues; PS3 SKU-9927337 X360 SKU-9927328
If your a RZ silver member be sure to utilize the BB personal shopper feature, have them track down a copy for you w/free shipping & then return/rebuy using the coupon.
Personal shopper service online or on the phone at 1-866-923-6190 or [email protected]
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/

For those having issues in-store getting reps to abide by the new policy - link
This is the EXACT TEXT from the 6/1 memo that was sent to me;

"@Gamer Coupon Now Good on Sale Items

You asked for it and got it. Now there is even more value for our gaming customers that purchase @gamer magazine. Magazine coupons, effective June 1, are now good on sale prices. Coupons will still state that offers are NOT valid on sale prices so make sure your customers know that they can get value top of value!"

For any issues that occur with the system not being updated to accept the coupons or technical problems - link

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nah. While I do still have about $65 in credit at BB, I'm saving it for next week in the hopes that the rumored B2G1 happens. Besides which, I probably would never bother unboxing the troll statue n it'd sit here collecting dust.:whistle2:#

Next game I truly want is Saint's Row 3, which I just ordered last night w/ release day delivery for $1 from Amazon for $40(after $20 promo cred from LOTR: WITN;)).

That's another reason why I didn't wanna return my copy of LOTR: WITN to Amazon, since I've already spent their credit they gave me and I don't wanna risk being banned from there for doing shit like that.

Only problem is then I'm stuck with $16 n change in Amazon credit(both promo n regular) cuz Saint's 3 comes with a $10 promo code and nothing coming out that I want till either GTA V or I Am Alive(if that game EVER releases that is).[/QUOTE]

lol u got shit planned out. that being said, the troll already comes unboxed, as it is on display in just the clear clamshell packaging. the outer box is for the european CE (the statues are identical) so the outer boxes were likely tossed since that version isnt sold here. haha i think im just trying to get u to buy it for 10 bucks.

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol u got shit planned out. that being said, the troll already comes unboxed, as it is on display in just the clear clamshell packaging. the outer box is for the european CE (the statues are identical) so the outer boxes were likely tossed since that version isnt sold here. haha i think im just trying to get u to buy it for 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]
Hell yeah. It's like my own version of the coupon train from Kmart.;) With GTA V being so far off though and I Am Alive not even verified to still be in production at this point I may just give buying games(aside from AWD/clearance titles) a break for now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hell yeah. It's like my own version of the coupon train from Kmart.;) With GTA V being so far off though and I Am Alive not even verified to still be in production at this point I may just give buying games(aside from AWD/clearance titles) a break for now.[/QUOTE]

I Am Alive is now actually alive and slated for XBLA/PSN this winter. Check out the trailer here.

[quote name='exaznkid']those @gamer things need to get shipped out pronto, can't believe i'm gonna miss out on such a sick deal today[/QUOTE]

This is the entire reason I didn't get a sub. I figured I would only use 3-4 of them over a year. if I have to buy a mag to get a 1 or 2 day deal because they sent it late, it makes more sense to just buy them when I need them.

Though, if you buy a few games a month and could use the mags each time, then the sub makes sense even if you have to buy 1 or 2 so you don't miss anything.

Signed up for the mag yesterday and grabbed sonic and batman. Also traded in gears with a preorder of MW3 to get a little over 41 for gears. Ended up all costing about 60, but with the trade in credit and previous credit, it all cost nothing! Very happy with best buy, had no problem doing the whole purchase and the employee helped me do the transaction to my greatest benefit.

I'm very pleased with sonic as a game. Im only two levels in but it's very addicting with multiple paths on each level with reasons the replay them over and over.

got sonic for 20 after using gift card and coupon. Hoping to see resistance 3 go on sale BIGTIME. I mean, it didnt sell well, why is it still 59.99 2 months later?

[quote name='BoromirsFan']Because its first party title. Still waiting for my store to restock AA.[/QUOTE]
Well the issue is that it's a 1st party Sony title. Josh, over in the K-mart thread has indicated they don't drop their prices for much longer than 3rd parties and MS/Ninty.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']I Am Alive is now actually alive and slated for XBLA/PSN this winter. Check out the trailer here.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the information. Based on that, Ubisoft can kiss my ass if it's more than a $10-15(MAX) title. I was expecting a physical version to release, so at least if I get bored with it I could take it over a buddy of mine's house and let him try it out for a while or trade/sell it someplace. The UK will likely receive a disc version of it at some point, since they seem to get a lot of titles that come out as downloadable only here on an actual disc. If that happens, then maybe I'll just import it for PS3.

Just going by the screens in that preview of it, it looks like they used a lot of fog/smoke effect to cover up for not really putting a ton of detail/work into their environments.:whistle2:#

Thanks again either way though.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hey I was wondering, if I used my rewards card to get points do I get points if I use trade in credit or only cash ?[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen I haven't been getting points for gaming credit spent. :(

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hey I was wondering, if I used my rewards card to get points do I get points if I use trade in credit or only cash ?[/QUOTE]

No points are rewarded when paying with credit (gift cards) its bullshit I know :bomb:

I'm pretty sure they only give RZ points if you use cash. Otherwise I've 'bought' stuff with about $600-700 in game trade credit so far and have ZERO RZ points to show for it.:roll:

[quote name='Brother Daz']No points are rewarded when paying with credit (gift cards) its bullshit I know :bomb:[/QUOTE]

So that explains why I got 40 cents worth of points or less with my last 3 best buy purchases :(

When i went to PM Gears the return is showing up in my rewardzone along with points as if I paid for it in cash. Same with my BF3. I paid it off early with credit and for some reason its giving me points.

The 119th and Metcalf location in OP, KS has Sonic Generations still marked at $39.99 if anyone wants to try their luck. Didn't get a chance to confirm that it rings up.

[quote name='An J0e']This is the entire reason I didn't get a sub. I figured I would only use 3-4 of them over a year. if I have to buy a mag to get a 1 or 2 day deal because they sent it late, it makes more sense to just buy them when I need them.

Though, if you buy a few games a month and could use the mags each time, then the sub makes sense even if you have to buy 1 or 2 so you don't miss anything.[/QUOTE]yes/no, you may need to buy a mag or 2 but the other unlocked benefits will also help balance out the $15 + extra mag cost just look at the exclusive coupons that have already leaked on CAG. There's also the extra 10% trade too.

what happened to the user who was going to get extra AA copies for those who have no access to them?

I'd pay as long as its the same price of the discount

Just got my gamer mag in the mail today. Thank god my subscription went through fine in early october.

[quote name='xfreefallerx']Stupid, I still heven't received my first mag and I signed up when unlocked started.[/QUOTE]

in the same boat as you.....its frustrating to see others post who have signed up later (post above yours = early october) and they have received it already. I already have batman aa, so not too mad missing that, but sonic would have been nice to pick up earlier in the week for $30. Hopefully it comes soon though.

[quote name='jdb230']in the same boat as you.....its frustrating to see others post who have signed up later (post above yours = early october) and they have received it already. I already have batman aa, so not too mad missing that, but sonic would have been nice to pick up earlier in the week for $30. Hopefully it comes soon though.[/QUOTE] just go instore and explain your situation. Usually they'll just scan a coupon for you if not give you the current mag

I got my @Gamer magazine today, but nothing really jumps out at me. I'd be willing to sell coupons (individually or altogether) for, say, $1 each to cover shipping and handling. My apologies if this is the wrong place to mention.

[quote name='dkl415']I got my @Gamer magazine today, but nothing really jumps out at me. I'd be willing to sell coupons (individually or altogether) for, say, $1 each to cover shipping and handling. My apologies if this is the wrong place to mention.[/QUOTE]
I think offering to sell coupons(or posting scans of them) is against the CAG TOS, so you may wanna retract this offer.

But personally I was ready to offer the same deal the last couple of months, since it's been sheer luck if there's been 1-2 coupons I've actually had a use for, while some of them were downright hilfuckinarious($20 off an $80 pair of glasses:roll:).

[quote name='handsomepete']The 119th and Metcalf location in OP, KS has Sonic Generations still marked at $39.99 if anyone wants to try their luck. Didn't get a chance to confirm that it rings up.[/QUOTE]

It is like $37 on amazon right now.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']LOL^
My store finally has Batman AA. Is there anyway i can make them hold a copy for me?[/QUOTE]call the store

[quote name='frpilot']how long is batman aa going to be $19.99?[/QUOTE]it's not a sale the store has reduced the MSRP to $20

Employees can now see if you are a RZ unlocked when they scan your RZ card, I dont see why they wouldnt just let you use a magazine they have there.

Sonic is 50 MSRP, so 40 w/ the coupon.

Was surprisingly able to get the mag since I never even got my "free" one for signing and was able to get sonic for 30 aww yeah

My store had AA for 1 day....I checked again and now its "Ship to store" again.

Im going to ask this again. Is it possible for me to hold a copy? Please answer

[quote name='BoromirsFan']My store had AA for 1 day....I checked again and now its "Ship to store" again.

Im going to ask this again. Is it possible for me to hold a copy? Please answer[/QUOTE]

Best Buy's official policy is no holds.

If you order online, often you won't be able to do anything because they can't process a return for 2-6 hours after pickup.

If you are VERY lucky and get a very nice (or very clueless) clerk, you could order one online and when you get there, explain you have a coupon and just try to buy it outright and let the BB.com order cancel (they automatically cancel after 8 days). But that is EXTREMELY YMMV.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']My store had AA for 1 day....I checked again and now its "Ship to store" again.

Im going to ask this again. Is it possible for me to hold a copy? Please answer[/QUOTE]
Have you actually even tried going IN STORE yet to see if maybe the stock locator is inaccurate? It's been said before that if BB has less than THREE of an item in stock that the site will show it as out of stock.

So just take a chance and go to the store and look for the game. Take the SKU in with you and have the gaming rep do an inventory search for you while there in the event that you can't find it yourself.

As for the repeated questions(which are annoying as hell btw), only the people working at BB would know the answers to those, so just go to the store and ask there. While there you may actually find the game you're looking for.

I can't actually go there right now because i am away at college. Last week i called them when it said "ship to store" they said they didn't have any.

Yesterday it said "available" so i assumed it was good. Today it says "ship to store" so i am going to call them again.

Seeing as very few people actually answered my questions, i felt the need to bring it up until someone responded, which you did. Thank you.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']I can't actually go there right now because i am away at college. Last week i called them when it said "ship to store" they said they didn't have any.

Yesterday it said "available" so i assumed it was good. Today it says "ship to store" so i am going to call them again.

Seeing as very few people actually answered my questions, i felt the need to bring it up until someone responded, which you did. Thank you.[/QUOTE]
Again though, unless someone here works for BB they're NOT gonna know the answer to your questions, so why pester people on the forums? Honestly, it's just lazy/ignorant to keep doing so and only causes the threads you continue to repeat said questions in to bloat unnecessarily. For an example of threads that are bloated due to repeated questions see the Kmart Gamer thread.

idunno about the rest of you, but 10 times out of 10 if i call best buy or any store and ask them to hold a game for me and i give them an estimated time of pick up for that day, they'll hold it til the end of the day no problem. boromirfan if you're looking to hold it longer than that, then you're probably outta luck.

[quote name='technicalstylez']idunno about the rest of you, but 10 times out of 10 if i call best buy or any store and ask them to hold a game for me and i give them an estimated time of pick up for that day, they'll hold it til the end of the day no problem. boromirfan if you're looking to hold it longer than that, then you're probably outta luck.[/QUOTE]
Any time I've asked for a hold on a game/item at a store I've ended up being told it's first come first served. I can still remember when Hollywood Video was around and doing the $5 used game sales. I'd get there right at opening and half of the shelf was cleared out and a huge stack was behind the counter 'on hold' for various customers/employees.:roll:
As it turned out it was a fellow CAG and friend of mine on PSN who had some of those held for them.:razz:

That was extremely infuriating to me, since I was there that second to buy stuff and I had to argue with the employees to get them released just so I could buy them. At least if they put something on hold without someone having pre-paid for the items then at least hide that shit up under the counter.

LOL at your spoiler.. yeah i only ask for 1-3 games to be held max and they usually put them away or bring them to customer service desk. i guess it helps to be soft spoken with mega manners, i can only imagine you calling...

"HEY, hold 5 copies of _________ for me! arrrghhhh!"
"sir, would those be for xbox 360 or playstation 3?"
"ARGGGGH!, both! p;us the wii version! I gotta catch em' all! hold them for MEEEEE"
"um, -5 second pause- I'm sorry sir, store policy states that it is first come first serve. I'm sorry I won't be able to hold any games for you."
"ARRRRRGGGHHHHH, whAT???? but I'm sooo cheeeeaaaapppppp arrghhghgh.."
"click."

lololol jk =)

Don't know if this is the right place, but I have the inFamous 2 Sniper Blast 12 digit PSN code (got it from the edge promo awhile back). Would like to trade it the AA $10 promo coupon... PM me.

I only asked these questions because people gave me suggestions in the thread, then they disappeared without giving more information about it.

Example: One poster spoke about reserving copies, wasn't answered till now.

Another poster spoke about asking stores to order more copies so you could buy it in store.

Tomorrow i will call but please people, don't give out suggestions that can't be applied.

Thanks. Will go there. I get lost in this massive big world we call the internet... Sighh... Still happens. Hahaha.

[quote name='technicalstylez']^gtfo. jk..kinda. ur request would be in the trading forum.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']LOL at your spoiler.. yeah i only ask for 1-3 games to be held max and they usually put them away or bring them to customer service desk. i guess it helps to be soft spoken with mega manners, i can only imagine you calling...

"HEY, hold 5 copies of _________ for me! arrrghhhh!"
"sir, would those be for xbox 360 or playstation 3?"
"ARGGGGH!, both! p;us the wii version! I gotta catch em' all! hold them for MEEEEE"
"um, -5 second pause- I'm sorry sir, store policy states that it is first come first serve. I'm sorry I won't be able to hold any games for you."
"ARRRRRGGGHHHHH, whAT???? but I'm sooo cheeeeaaaapppppp arrghhghgh.."
"click."

lololol jk =)[/QUOTE]
Nah. I'm usually very soft spoken myself. But I've learned recently that it wasn't some stupid soccer moms buying out the local Targets of anything good clearance wise from the gaming section. It was the one fuckwad who owns THREE game stores around here cuz the electronics employees I asked described the scrawny lil bastard to a tee.:bomb:

How dare he steal MY games.
:lol:Kidding. Most times when I've bought something from Target clearance it sits in my backlog till I either play it or I trade/sell it to BB or one of the local sellers or on Craigslist.:whistle2:# So he's kinda been saving me money by buying up this stuff.

But I DID raise my voice to the chick working for HWV when she told me about all the 'on hold' games. My friend swears she said I threatened to get her fired or something like that, but I don't remember saying anything like that.

bread's done
Back