[DEAD] Official Toys R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Free shipping added to more games

[quote name='supadupacheap'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I don't get why people even have a big problem with taking to another store, as long as its unopened they can sell it. Its not like you're playing the game and then demanding they give you fifty dollars cash or something. I think the stores as vendors of said games shouldn't have much problem with taking back a product they sell, whether it came from there or not. It's not like they can't send it back.

But who cares anyway, its all capitalism at its finest. :)[/quote]

Some stores never update their prices which causes the games at that particular store not to sell. If I bought something for $10 at BB and returned it to Wal-Mart where it still sells for $50, it'd be fraud. While everyone can get the game for $10 at BB there is no reason to buy it for $50 at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart still gives you $50 in credit, and they're stuck with a game they'll never sell. It's wrong, illegal, and fraud.[/quote]

Not that Id advicating this or trying to prove I have a death wish but...
If the difference is so pronounced between two different stores on the SAME product, arent they kind of "aiding" the frauder? Like wal mart, they never reduce games it seems, never ever. Im not saying this should give us full rights to rape em at the customer service desk, but shouldnt they get a clue and price their product more in line with the market? In which case, their stuff would sell, there'd be little reason to defraud them, and instead of taking tax writes offs, they move and sell product (which is always a good thing in the eyes of a manufacturer (be it a game or towel maker)

Ok bros. Im ready to be burnt up like a weenie now.[/quote]

Wal-Mart should realize that the games never sell, but they don't. I don't own Wal-Mart, it's not my decision.

[quote name='ToddlerTN'][quote name='shrike4242'][If] you buy games for reduced price and return them elsewhere, such as Walmart, for full price without a receipt. That's fraud, just in case you weren't in the know about it.[/quote]
Everyone knows Best Buy will take returns without a receipt for two weeks after Christmas. They even do it most of the time anyway. There are bookstores and other retailers that do the same thing. On the question of fraud, I'm not a lawyer, but I don't believe it's fraud unless you lie or misrepresent yourself.

I traded twenty used titles to Hastings a few months ago for five brand new games. They didn't have the games I wanted in stock, so I got three copies of NCAA 2005 and two copies of Sudeki. I then took one NCAA and one Sudeki to Best Buy and it went like this:

"I'd like to exchange these for something else."

"No problem, do you know what you're wanting to get instead?"

"Well I'm not sure...."

"I'll give you a store credit then, how's that?"

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

I'm not sure what a lawyer would say, but I don't think that's fraud. Now if they had asked me if I bought them there and I said yes, then that's probably a different story. But if I say no, there's still no fraud.

A few days later, I tried to trade NCAA and Sudeki at EBGames. When they asked me if I bought them there, I said no. They said they couldn't give me full price then, so I said thanks and took them to the same Best Buy I had been at the previous day. This time, I accidentally left a Hastings receipt between the two games, and when the guy behind the counter looked at them, the receipt fell out. If you've ever done a trade at Hastings, you know the receipt clearly states "you traded the following games: xx1, xx2, xx3, xx4 for NCAA 2005" or whatever. So the guy at the returns desk looked it over and laughed and then said "sure, go get whatever you want." Still no fraud there, because I didn't lie to anyone.

I've also bought 7 GGCs, put $1 on each, then rang up 7 different transactions to get $5 off 7 games at BB...all at the same register, same cashier, same time. After each transaction, I would move to the end of the line if there were customers waiting. There's nothing dishonest about doing that, but none of my friends would have the balls to do that, either.

Personally, I don't see much difference in that stuff vs. returning a game 30 days later to TRU so that you can get Halo2 for $33. You're playing a shell game so that you can get Halo2 for 33% off as part of a sale that didn't include Halo2 to begin with. It doesn't make a difference if Halo2 wasn't out when the sale ran, or if you had a TRU employee tell you to do it. So you had someone on the inside who told you how to cheat the system...that doesn't legitimize it at all.

And yes, I may do that also. I'm trying to decide if I keep DOA:U or trade it for Halo2.

As long as you're not lying, I think it's all fair game. It's all a matter of where you draw the line, but I think some of you are fooling yourselves if you think your particular hustle is ethically any different than someone else's.[/quote]

Just because the employee is a dumbass, it doesn't make it any less illegal. You lied about where you got them. Notice EB turned you down when you said you didn't buy from them originally? I don't know what has to be said to get certain people to understand that this is indeed fraud.

Excuse me, Trakan, did you miss something? I didn't lie to Best Buy about where I got them. I was never asked. Even when they knew they were from Hastings, they exchanged them. When I was asked at EBGames, I told them and that's why they wouldn't exchange them. That's not fraud, that's me being honest.

Some stores have no problem with exchanges, even if the items weren't originally purchased there or without any documentation. And sometimes it's up to whoever is working that day as to what they will accept for return, and sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't. If they ask you if you bought them there, say no and they will probably tell you they are sorry but they can't exchange it. Just don't lie. And if they let you exchange it, then be glad you got someone cool behind the counter.

hey, dont worry. he is actually perfect and wouldnt pick up a $100 if it was on the floor and no one was around for miles. and he adopted little orphen annie too. give that man the purple heart!

[quote name='Trakan']Just because the employee is a dumbass, it doesn't make it any less illegal. You lied about where you got them. Notice EB turned you down when you said you didn't buy from them originally? I don't know what has to be said to get certain people to understand that this is indeed fraud.[/quote]

Last time I checked, omission of the truth is still a lie, when it comes to a case of legal fraud? If they don't ask you, it doesn't make it any less illegal.

Damn, if someone else's stupidity would allow me to do something illegal, I'd have been tossed into jail for 10 lifetimes. Sheesh.

[quote name='ToddlerTN'][quote name='shrike4242'][If] you buy games for reduced price and return them elsewhere, such as Walmart, for full price without a receipt. That's fraud, just in case you weren't in the know about it.[/quote]
Everyone knows Best Buy will take returns without a receipt for two weeks after Christmas. They even do it most of the time anyway. There are bookstores and other retailers that do the same thing. On the question of fraud, I'm not a lawyer, but I don't believe it's fraud unless you lie or misrepresent yourself.

I traded twenty used titles to Hastings a few months ago for five brand new games. They didn't have the games I wanted in stock, so I got three copies of NCAA 2005 and two copies of Sudeki. I then took one NCAA and one Sudeki to Best Buy and it went like this:

"I'd like to exchange these for something else."

"No problem, do you know what you're wanting to get instead?"

"Well I'm not sure...."

"I'll give you a store credit then, how's that?"

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

I'm not sure what a lawyer would say, but I don't think that's fraud. Now if they had asked me if I bought them there and I said yes, then that's probably a different story. But if I say no, there's still no fraud.

A few days later, I tried to trade NCAA and Sudeki at EBGames. When they asked me if I bought them there, I said no. They said they couldn't give me full price then, so I said thanks and took them to the same Best Buy I had been at the previous day. This time, I accidentally left a Hastings receipt between the two games, and when the guy behind the counter looked at them, the receipt fell out. If you've ever done a trade at Hastings, you know the receipt clearly states "you traded the following games: xx1, xx2, xx3, xx4 for NCAA 2005" or whatever. So the guy at the returns desk looked it over and laughed and then said "sure, go get whatever you want." Still no fraud there, because I didn't lie to anyone.

I've also bought 7 GGCs, put $1 on each, then rang up 7 different transactions to get $5 off 7 games at BB...all at the same register, same cashier, same time. After each transaction, I would move to the end of the line if there were customers waiting. There's nothing dishonest about doing that, but none of my friends would have the balls to do that, either.

Personally, I don't see much difference in that stuff vs. returning a game 30 days later to TRU so that you can get Halo2 for $33. You're playing a shell game so that you can get Halo2 for 33% off as part of a sale that didn't include Halo2 to begin with. It doesn't make a difference if Halo2 wasn't out when the sale ran, or if you had a TRU employee tell you to do it. So you had someone on the inside who told you how to cheat the system...that doesn't legitimize it at all.

And yes, I may do that also. I'm trying to decide if I keep DOA:U or trade it for Halo2.

As long as you're not lying, I think it's all fair game. It's all a matter of where you draw the line, but I think some of you are fooling yourselves if you think your particular hustle is ethically any different than someone else's.[/quote]

It's kind of sad that people can easily rip off BB, but at the same time they're dicks to people with legit beefs. One year, I bought my gf the Back to the Future collection on DVD for Christmas. They only had fullscreen, so I bought it with the intention of exchanging it after Christmas. I tried to do so (I had the receipt and she hadn't opened it), and got fed some BS line about the widescreen and fullscreen being different SKUs. They made me pay an extra $12 to do the exchange because the price went up.

That's one of many times BB has screwed me over. It's amazing I set foot in that store, though I don't much anymore since there's a Fry's nearby.

Has anyone been able to do an exchange after the sale. I did an exchange during the sale to get the Xbox version of X-Men Legends. My co-worker tried to exchange a game two days ago to get Ratchet and Clank: Up you Arsenal and they wouldn't do an even exchange. Only would give him $33 in credit for the game. This might be YMMV, but sales clerks were saying buy games and exchange them later for stuff that comes in stock.

[quote name='MadFlava']Has anyone been able to do an exchange after the sale. I did an exchange during the sale to get the Xbox version of X-Men Legends. My co-worker tried to exchange a game two days ago to get Ratchet and Clank: Up you Arsenal and they wouldn't do an even exchange. Only would give him $33 in credit for the game. This might be YMMV, but sales clerks were saying buy games and exchange them later for stuff that comes in stock.[/quote]

The supposed story for what they're supposed to do after the sale is the following:

Re-ring the whole thing up, doing the original purchase as a return.
Ring up all three games, the two non-returns and the replacement for the returned game.
Deduct 1/3 of the price of the cheapest game of the three from all three of the prices of the games.

They also could do the following:
Do an even exchange for the game you're bringing back with the one you want, assuming it's not the $0 game.
If it's the $0 game, they'll have do to the first procedure I listed.

The only time they should give you store credit is if they're idjits and can't figure out how to do the return.

TRU was the one who did it this way, they're the ones who should fix it correctly. If they just did the 1/3 off from all 3 games, instead of the $0 price on one, it would've made returns so much easier.

I made sure that the $0 game was one that I know that I will keep. So that on my receipt the two that I want to exchange are $49.99. I did an exchange like this during the sale and they had no problem with me exchanging a $49.99 game on the receipt for another $49.99 game.

[quote name='MadFlava']I made sure that the $0 game was one that I know that I will keep. So that on my receipt the two that I want to exchange are $49.99. I did an exchange like this during the sale and they had no problem with me exchanging a $49.99 game on the receipt for another $49.99 game.[/quote]

They should have the same non-problem with doing it after the fact.

I know that they were telling customers, including myself, to buy a game that they didn't want at the same price of an OOS or not-released yet game, and do the swap within the return period.

I'm going to be doing the same thing shortly, as I found a cheaper copy of La Pucelle Tactics, and I'm going to swap it for something else @ $49.99.

[quote name='ViolentLee']
It's kind of sad that people can easily rip off BB, but at the same time they're dicks to people with legit beefs. One year, I bought my gf the Back to the Future collection on DVD for Christmas. They only had fullscreen, so I bought it with the intention of exchanging it after Christmas. I tried to do so (I had the receipt and she hadn't opened it), and got fed some BS line about the widescreen and fullscreen being different SKUs. They made me pay an extra $12 to do the exchange because the price went up.

That's one of many times BB has screwed me over. It's amazing I set foot in that store, though I don't much anymore since there's a Fry's nearby.[/quote]

Hey ViolentLee, you might want to check out bestbuysucks.org :shock:

[quote name='jupitersj'][quote name='ViolentLee']

That's one of many times BB has screwed me over. It's amazing I set foot in that store, though I don't much anymore since there's a Fry's nearby.[/quote]

Hey ViolentLee, you might want to check out bestbuysucks.org :shock:[/quote]

It's actually http://www.bestbuysux.org/ Thanks for the tip. I'm checking it out as I write this. Some crazy beefs, not unlike a few I have. Of course, a site like this can be made for just about any corporation.

bread's done
Back