[DEAD] Official Toys R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Free shipping added to more games

Just picked up Fifa 2005, Nocturne, and Ace Combat 5 at the Union, NJ TRU. I dunno about Xbox or Gamecube, but they had a good selection of PS2 games still including GTA San An.

I got GTA San Andreas, Outrun 2 and Demon Stone (Gift for someone) and also got Day of Reckoning, Battle Front (XBox) and Kingdom Under Fire for XMas.

My TRU (Newington, CT) looked like it had way over 70-80 copies of GTA:SA, and almost everyone that went in bought one. Soem people didn't even take advantage of the BOGO and just walked out with San Andreas. My store was out of X-Men Legends XBox, didn't care Shin Megami Tensai (spelling) or Donkey Konga. Had pretty much everything else though.

[quote name='thagoat']:D time to do some christmas shopping. i went to TRU today. the deal is good on all games in the store(new and old). but here's the kicker! :lol: its good on presells as well( as long as you pay the total amount up front) :D i picked up halo 2 metroid 2, mario tennis, grand theft san andreas, metal gear snake eater, and another halo 2. booyah !! merry christmas to me :wink:[/quote]

OH DAMN! Better go back and try to prepay for Halo 2, MGS 3, and Prince of Persia 2. Damn me for not asking while I was there!

The store I went to in Puente Hills, CA actually only let each customer buy 2 GTA:SA. I guess there were alot of people wanting to buy 3+ of that game.

I'd call ahead about preordering, as I tried that at my local store and they said no. Of course each store could be different or the lady that was there was an idiot. She said ToysUUS don't even let you pay in full for presales can anyone confirm that they've ever paid in full up front?

Hmmm, wonder if the TRU around here would do the preorders. Have a buddy of mine about to die for Gran Turismo 4. Wouldn't mind getting it myself. I'm sure I can get someone else to jump in. 3 copies at $33 would be a good deal. That's if they would allow it. :)

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='gwill'][quote name='Benaorn']Woohoooo....thet finally let me preorder with buy 2 get 1 free. I got GTA, LoTR: Third Age, and Halo 2 Se. I'll come back to get some more.[/quote]

They let you preorder?!?!

Wow...if my TRU let us preorder I would preorder all the great games coming out...
MGS 3, GT4, LOTR: Third Age, Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, PoP: Warrior Within, R&C: Up your arsenal, and Jak 3....Wait....thats a lot of money....BUT STILL!!!

Edit...Ok guys....sounds like Covenant was a good pick up. I was debating between that and SMT: Nocturne. Its all you guys' heads if I dont like the game! :twisted: :D[/quote]

That guy is one lucky bastard. TRU's mistake. Hopefully they'll let him get Halo 2 and won't tell him it was a mistake. Huge YMMV.[/quote]

Very lucky bastard indeed, since they wouldn't let me do it.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='gwill'][quote name='Benaorn']Woohoooo....thet finally let me preorder with buy 2 get 1 free. I got GTA, LoTR: Third Age, and Halo 2 Se. I'll come back to get some more.[/quote]

Wow...if my TRU let us preorder I would preorder all the great games coming out...
MGS 3, GT4, LOTR: Third Age, Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2, PoP: Warrior Within, R&C: Up your arsenal, and Jak 3....Wait....thats a lot of money....BUT STILL!!!

Edit...Ok guys....sounds like Covenant was a good pick up. I was debating between that and SMT: Nocturne. Its all you guys' heads if I dont like the game! :twisted: :D[/quote]

That guy is one lucky bastard. TRU's mistake. Hopefully they'll let him get Halo 2 and won't tell him it was a mistake. Huge YMMV.[/quote]

Very lucky bastard indeed, since they wouldn't let me do it.[/quote]

Yeah, they wouldn't even let you do it on games out this week to guarantee your copies of other games. :roll:

[quote name='SteveMcQ']For fellow Indy CAGs...checked the Castleton TRU today.

Pretty good selection. Looked for the PS2 games that people here asked about. No Katamari Damacy, but they did have Shin Megami Tensei and Neo Contra if those interest you.

And in light of the crappy TRU employees we talk about, I gotta say the guy that works at the Castleton TRU (I think his name's Joe--looks like Craig from Malcolm In the Middle) is a really great employee.

Very helpful and nice and he knows his stuff, too. I wish more employees were like him.

I'll probably go back and get more games. Picked up three today.[/quote]

I went there Sunday and also had great service from the employees there. One of them helped me pick out some PS2 games when I told him I had just bought a PS2 the night before. Very helpful people all around.

The GC selection was a bit picked over, but that's probably been restocked. They had pretty much everything.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='gwill'][quote name='Benaorn']Woohoooo....thet finally let me preorder with buy 2 get 1 free. I got GTA, LoTR: Third Age, and Halo 2 Se. I'll come back to get some more.[/quote]

Very lucky bastard indeed, since they wouldn't let me do it.[/quote]

Yeah, they wouldn't even let you do it on games out this week to guarantee your copies of other games. :roll:[/quote]

Fscking sucks big donkey balls, it does.

[quote name='waxHead']how bout:

Shinobi (PS 2)
R-Type Final (PS 2)
Gradius V (PS 2)

for ~$47 after tax? I was happy with that :D[/quote]

How was that for $47, since Gradius and R-Type Final are $29.99 games?

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='waxHead']how bout:

Shinobi (PS 2)
R-Type Final (PS 2)
Gradius V (PS 2)

How was that for $47, since Gradius and R-Type Final are $29.99 games?[/quote]

Shinobi was rung up as one of the first two. it's a green tag game, and TRU has the original price at $30. after totalling it out, the price changes to $15, making the total $45 plus tax.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='waxHead']how bout:

Shinobi (PS 2)
R-Type Final (PS 2)
Gradius V (PS 2)

Shinobi was rung up as one of the first two. it's a green tag game, and TRU has the original price at $30. after totalling it out, the price changes to $15, making the total $45 plus tax.[/quote]

That sure as heck explains it. Good score.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='waxHead'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='waxHead']how bout:

Shinobi (PS 2)
R-Type Final (PS 2)
Gradius V (PS 2)

Shinobi was rung up as one of the first two. it's a green tag game, and TRU has the original price at $30. after totalling it out, the price changes to $15, making the total $45 plus tax.[/quote]

That sure as heck explains it. Good score.[/quote]

thanks man. spent about an hour playing Gradius V tonight before switching on the Sox, absolutely incredible game.

My TRU wasn't going to sell the game (edit: "the game" being GTA: San Andreas) until Thursday, either. Their reasoning was that they get shipments in on Tuesdays ... today. Hello?!

Either way, I went over to Best Buy, got them to pricematch the ad, and walked out with (2) GTA: San Andreas and (1) Donkey Konga for a total of $106. Best Buy didn't even call TRU to check their stock; they just ran the transaction through. I'm glad they didn't, since TRU isn't putting them out until Thursday.

Not only did TRU lose my sale, but it didn't just go away; it went to one of their competitors.

"gg, no re" ToysRUs.

Picked up this evening:

GTA: SA
Burnout 3 (xbox version)
Outrun 2
$107 with tax

Gradius V
R-Type Final
Street Fighter Collection
$64 with tax

VF4 Evolution (was green tagged)
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2)
SSX 3 (PS2)
SSX Tricky (PS2)
Soul Calibur 2 (PS2)
Crazy Taxi (PS2)
$75 with tax

Saved $10 due to VF4 Evo being $10. Noticed later that SSX Tricky rang up at $15, but it wasn't green tagged, so it counted as one of the free ones. This was in Monroeville, PA, which was stocked rather well. They had a big selection of the green tag games, too.

Filled out the PS2 collection for the PSTwo that I picked up last week....

So after a trip to 2 BBs and 2 CCs i was able to get the 2nd CC to price match the TRU sale. I got burnout 3, GTA, and Donkey Konga for $95 because of the 10 percent price matching difference. Woo!

I tried using the BB friends and family thingy but apparently that was monday. And they wouldn't let me get Donkey Konga because it had a controller packed with it.
So BB = teh gay

However, at CC, they priced Donkey Konga and GTA as 20 each and burnout as 50... so I don't believe I can trade in GTA in for Paper Mario.

got GTA SA (2 copies) and sreet racing syndicate today
my buddy and i got gta, and another friend got srs (not a good coice in my opinion)

but any way that means about $37 for me for GTA!!!

WOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I got:

Burnout 3
Snk vs Capcom: Choas
Ninja Gaiden

Star Ocean
Phantom Brave
Paper Mario 2

Viewtiful Joe ps2
Gradius V
Megaman Collection ps2

66 or so

yeah, I am happy for the moment. Just waiting for DOA ultimate to come in and then I won't be bored for awhile

Thanks!

What's the price on GTA: San Andreas at your Toys R Us stores? My local TRU says it's going to be $54.99. If that's the case, doing this B2G1 deal wouldn't be that great...

At both TRU I visited the GTA was 49.99 so you should be safe. However if it is 54.99 then is 5 bucks really that big a deal when you can get a free game out of it?

GTA:SA is $49.99 at most stores. I didn't think any of the TRUs would charge $54.99 as they tried doing that last year with some of the games. Madden was $54.99 at a few test stores to see if people would pay more for it, but it didn't work like they hoped.

Funniest thing they've done...they have their new low price signs on items whenever they drop in price. Well, the price change for the Operation board game was $11.95, but it was $9.95 before the price change, yet they want a new low price sign up on it. Hopefully it was a mistake but since it's that time of year I don't think so.

[quote name='icemanjmw13']At both TRU I visited the GTA was 49.99 so you should be safe. However if it is 54.99 then is 5 bucks really that big a deal when you can get a free game out of it?[/quote]

Five more dollars would make a difference if Fry's puts GTA on sale for $35. Then I could just buy it there and get 3 other (less costly) games for the TRU B2G1 sale.

That's a mighty big "if" there buddy. But then again, at least on Friday the fry's mega ad will be out and the B2G1 free is still going on... assuming TRU isn't sold out

It's not such a big "if" given my prior experience with Fry's. Practically every major release I've seen in the past 3 or 4 years has been on sale at $35 in its first week at Fry's, including the previous GTAs. I'm hoping for something in the newspaper ad tomorrow so I won't have to wait until Friday's insert...

[quote name='rapsodist']It's not such a big "if" given my prior experience with Fry's. Practically every major release I've seen in the past 3 or 4 years has been on sale at $35 in its first week at Fry's, including the previous GTAs. I'm hoping for something in the newspaper ad tomorrow so I won't have to wait until Friday's insert...[/quote]

I would say it is a big "if" seeing as their ad last week should've said something. But, ya know, the Best Buy deal is about equally as good. You can for sure use a GGC gift card, then you get a GH for $5 (even if it is just a normal one). It's a free $20 game of your choice with San Andreas, and if you haven't been keeping up with your coolection (I sure haven't), there are some badass GH much better than a lot of the full retail stuff.

Really? 35? You must be in Dallas or San Jose then.

LV Fry's has sucked a bit - always around the 40 range for some reason.

Actually, it's been my experience that they often don't give out the sale price until after the game is actually out. I guess it's so they can sell full-priced units to people who just have to have the game on the first day out.

Thanks for the BB suggestion, I was actually thinking about doing that but I don't think there are any good games in the GH list that I don't already have. Oh well, I'll figure it out by tomorrow, I guess...

seems like GTA: SA and Burnout 3 are pretty popular games in this b2g1 deal. Makes sense since they are both killer titles. It's interesting to see the third game in some of these mix and match though

[quote name='icemanjmw13']At both TRU I visited the GTA was 49.99 so you should be safe. However if it is 54.99 then is 5 bucks really that big a deal when you can get a free game out of it?[/quote]

Just get a CC or BB to price match it and you don't have to worry about the extra 5 bucks.

I'm guessing that my CC and BB have a better selection than my TRU, so I might have to take a look tomorrow.

Trakan, you've actually gotten your local CC and BB to match the TRU B2G1 sale? I've never heard of that... But I may have misinterpreted what you were saying.

Well, I'm done with this sale since I'm going out of town tomorrow. I have bought 4 games during these sales for the past 4 years. Ended up with:
Burnout3
X-Men Legends
SMT:Nocturne (free)

Fable
Shadow Hearts Covenant
GTA:SA (free)

I'll probably exchange Fable and Shadow Hearts for DOA:U and Halo 2 when they come out, maybe Metal Gear Solid 3. Depends how the reviews are. Anyway, I'm pretty bummed that I can't play any of my new games this weekend.

[quote name='rapsodist']Trakan, you've actually gotten your local CC and BB to match the TRU B2G1 sale? I've never heard of that... But I may have misinterpreted what you were saying.[/quote]

My local BB matched the offer for me yesterday morning. The CC I usually go to wouldn't match it because it said "while supplies last" in the ad, which is a crock. If you go to BB just find a drone and ask for the manager, always ask the manager about PM's etc., drones are worthless 99% of the time.

XMEN Legends must be selling like crazy. I went to 3 Toys R Us in Miami and all of them were sold out for both XBOX and Gamecube.

I got Zelda 4 Swords in hopes to return it for XMEN later on.

[quote name='godwheel']XMEN Legends must be selling like crazy. I went to 3 Toys R Us in Miami and all of them were sold out for both XBOX and Gamecube.

I got Zelda 4 Swords in hopes to return it for XMEN later on.[/quote]

Ouch. :shock: Don't make me choose between Four Swords and X-Men. Can't I have both?

[quote name='guerrila_gamer']Is the B2G1 free deals over at toysrus.com? Seems like it.[/quote]

What makes you say that? The site's not loading for me at the moment, but as far as I know it runs the same as the B&M, through Saturday (Oct. 30).

[quote name='Tybee'][quote name='guerrila_gamer']Is the B2G1 free deals over at toysrus.com? Seems like it.[/quote]

Nah. Got a while yet. It runs through Saturday (Oct. 30).[/quote]

Hmm. I've been clicking on these links and it all says unavailable.

[quote name='guerrila_gamer'][quote name='Tybee'][quote name='guerrila_gamer']Is the B2G1 free deals over at toysrus.com? Seems like it.[/quote]

Hmm. I've been clicking on these links and it all says unavailable.[/quote]

I think the site's just down right now, because the main page isn't loading right now either. Give it a bit.

[quote name='Tybee'][quote name='guerrila_gamer'][quote name='Tybee'][quote name='guerrila_gamer']Is the B2G1 free deals over at toysrus.com? Seems like it.[/quote]

I think the site's just down right now, because the main page isn't loading right now either. Give it a bit.[/quote]

Yeah but I could've sworn I saw 10 minutes earlier that it said all sold out and icurrently unavailable. We shall see though.

I also got my Best Buy (Aurora, Co...off Mississippi and 225) to match the TRU deal. I picked up Donkey Konga (x2), Fable (Free), Burnout 3 (xbox), GTA:SA and Ace Combat 5 (free). I may go back and pick up Outrun, Otogi 2 and KUF but I'm not sure if I really want those game right now.

[quote name='guerrila_gamer'][quote name='Tybee'][quote name='guerrila_gamer'][quote name='Tybee'][quote name='guerrila_gamer']Is the B2G1 free deals over at toysrus.com? Seems like it.[/quote]

I think the site's just down right now, because the main page isn't loading right now either. Give it a bit.[/quote]

Yeah but I could've sworn I saw 10 minutes earlier that it said all sold out and icurrently unavailable. We shall see though.[/quote]

Their site was being a POS last night for me, when you'd go through the pages for the different groups of games, it would error out and say it wasn't available. Their site is getting hammered, I think, from the people looking on the website for the stuff they can't find, like Shadow Hearts Covenant, Phantom Brave, and so on.

bread's done
Back