[DEAD!] Playstation.com deals thread (tax+s/h not included)

I get an e-mail everyday telling me my order has be cancelled, yet it still says the order is processing on the website, along with saying it charged me four times.

I wish that site eternal damnation.

Maybe they'll make another error refunding you multiple times. It was an error, it happens, get over it, it's not the end of the world.

[quote name='hosewater2']http://bbbonline.com/

Also everyone please alert your credit card companies to Playstation.com's fraudulent and unethical business practices. At the very least, have your credit card company hassle them a little bit.[/quote]

Outside of taking the charges off your card your credit card company isn't going to care what you say about Playstation.com. As for turning them over to the bbb i'm not sure what that'll do either. People have tried this countless times in the past with amazon.com, and amazon just busts out their little legal document they keep on hand for such purposes. Plus Sony will just tell the bbb they're giving the 10 dollar coupons for compensation and that'll be that.

Read their policies and as I stated above... get over it. They, as well as most others, have their asses covered.

From their policies page.....

ERRORS AND OMISSIONS POLICY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to a display or typographical error, or an error in pricing information received from our suppliers, or store partners, us.PlayStation.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.

us.PlayStation.com shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, us.PlayStation.com shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of your original charge.

my credit card hasnt been charge and ordres been cancelled. I have emailed Sony and said that if my card is charged i will do a charge back i dont care if they will refund the money in 2 billing cycles. I will dispute the charges as soon as i get the bill.

If sony charges your card just dispute it

Same here, if I get billed I will be disputing the charges as well. For them to bill me for a cancelled order is not acceptable.

I just got notice that they had credited back my card.

"A credit has been processed for the following order:

============================================================================
Credit
Order: 2155326 -- 09-25-2004 12:07 PM
Credit Card Credited : $23.75
============================================================================"

Unfortunately, of the two games I ordered, they only credited back one game.

"Order #: 2155326
Date: 09-25-2004 12:07 PM

---------------------------------------------------------
Product Line 1 : Phantom Brave
Product ID: 2918251
Item Price: $20.67
QTY Ordered: 1
Shipping Method: 3rd Day
---------------------------------------------------------
Product Line 2 : Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires
Product ID: 2918238
Item Price: $12.19
QTY Ordered: 1
Shipping Method: 3rd Day

----------------------
YOUR ORDER BALANCE:
----------------------

Subtotal: $32.86
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $6.16
------------
Total $39.02"

Anyone else have this happen?

they said i was credited 2 games but i dont think they ever billed me. Im not waiting 2 billing cycles if it appears on my bill im giong to reverse the charges.

[quote name='RacinReaver']Well, this is freaking confusing. I got three e-mails saying that my order had been cancelled. When I go to check up on the status of my order, I get four separate charges under the Payment Information area (one for each game individually, then one for the total). Then, at the bottom of the page where the final total is after shipping has been calculated, it says this: Amount Charged to Credit Card: $62.29 Amount Charged to Credit Card: $62.29 Amount Charged to Credit Card: $62.29 Amount Charged to Credit Card: $62.29

Still no activity on my card at all, though.[/quote]
It did the same shit to me

Yeah I got my credit email too... I'll wait for my credit card summary to show up before I take any actions, no need to get worked up right now.

[quote name='jimbodan']Has anyone gotten the coupon code to work, I've heard people were having trouble using it.[/quote]

Yep, I can't get the code to work at all. It says that there's an error and to read below, but there is nothing actually listed as the problem.

You would think that Sony would have better monkeys running their site then what I've been seeing over the last two weeks.

Umm I have a question for everyone. Did your credit cards get charged when they cancelled your order?
What is the shaq-fuing deal. The cancel my order then a day later they charge my credit card. I'm about ready to call up and just go nuts

[quote name='hutno']Bump because I want to know if this just happened to me[/quote]
It happened to me too, Ive been checking my account everyday since I ordered, except for weekends, and they just took the money out, bastards, now Im pissed

The online activity record of my creditcard company shows no Playstation.com activity at all on my card so I'm not worried anymore.

I suspect they're doing it just so you have a 0 balance in their own records.

I already got my refund. Sucks that they are pulling money out of your accounts to give me back my money.

[quote name='hutno']Umm I have a question for everyone. Did your credit cards get charged when they cancelled your order?
What is the shaq-fuing deal. The cancel my order then a day later they charge my credit card. I'm about ready to call up and just go nuts[/quote]

I just checked this morning and am pissed as well....Just giving me more reasons never to order from them again....They best put my money back...

I sent an email last night and this is the response I got back. I do ebanking and when I checked my account I still haven't recieved a refund

Hello:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be advised your credit card has been refunded for both orders.
You may contact your credit card company to verify these credits have
been issued and properly processed.

If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this email, reach
us via the Customer Assistance Inquiry form on our store or call us
toll free at 866-249-3696.

Your Case ID for this request is:

Sincerely,

Playstation.com Store Customer Service

Original Message Information:
-----------------------------

Subject: Re: Store: Billing Inquiry

Received Date: 10/5/04

Today's Date: 10/5/04

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Name :
Phone :
Store : PlayStation.com
Order #:
Reason : I'd like to know why my crdite card was charged for the 2 orders i placed that were canceled. I'm really angry at the fact that you cancel an order and then your charge my card for it. I relized you had issues with your system and I hold no grudges but why the hell did you charge my card for orders that you canceled please get back to me as soon as possiable.

[quote name='daphatty']shaq-fuers got me too! :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: AND IT OVERDREW MY ACCOUNT!!!!:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:[/quote]

Did that give you a overdraft fee? I had a company over charge me for something once and I incurred a fee. It was a pain in the ass but I got them to eventually pay the fee

I wonder how mad Playstation.com would get if I sent them and email with the link, that showed Halo 2 selling 1 million copies and then call them bitches

[quote name='yeahokthenfu']I wonder how mad Playstation.com would get if I sent them and email with the link, that showed Halo 2 selling 1 million copies and then call them bitches[/quote]

They'd probably laugh at your stupidity for trying to open their eyes to something that is common sense, then delete it.

[quote name='jlarlee']Did that give you a overdraft fee? I had a company over charge me for something once and I incurred a fee. It was a pain in the ass but I got them to eventually pay the fee[/quote]

Yes it did. Fortunately, Bank of America is very proactive on these types of issues so they have placed an inquiry into the charge and removed the overdraft fee. The funds should be returned to me by tomorrow.

Hmm...update on my situation.

I got the e-mails on the second saying that they cancelled my order. Then, on the third, they said they refunded my order.

Today, I got a message from my school's mail room saying that I got a package UPS. I checked the tracking number they gave me because I wasn't expecting any packages (and my parents said they hadn't sent me anything), and it turns out it's coming from Baltimore, Maryland. It had also shipped on the fourth.

I then checked the balance of my checking account and saw that they had charged me for the purchase on the fifth (three days after cancelling my order and two days after refunding my account).

Of course, when I went to the mail center to pick the package up, they weren't able to find it. They have a record of it coming in, but no record of it going anywhere. Said a supervisor would try to track it down for me overnight, so we'll see if it does wind up being my three games (which I could really right after I finish my Thermodynamics exam).

This whole thing's bugging the heck out of me and makes me remember why I never bothered shopping from that store in the first place.

Those rat bastards charged me too, luckily I have plenty to cover it, but it's the damn principle of the matter, plus the fact I'm probably going to have to do some work to sort it all out.

[quote name='daphatty'][quote name='jlarlee']Did that give you a overdraft fee? I had a company over charge me for something once and I incurred a fee. It was a pain in the ass but I got them to eventually pay the fee[/quote]

Yes it did. Fortunately, Bank of America is very proactive on these types of issues so they have placed an inquiry into the charge and removed the overdraft fee. The funds should be returned to me by tomorrow.[/quote]

I would raise holy hell with them anyways. You might be able to score a nice voucher for your hardship. After you call them 5 or 6 times they will want to be rid of you.

Well, just got my account refunded today; each game was given credit individually. Still no clue what the package they lost in my mail center was (hopefully they'll find it before the weekend).

bread's done
Back