[DEAD!] Playstation.com deals thread (tax+s/h not included)

YeAp its OVER. Sony is a freaking dirt bag company who is taking the easy way out. THey dont have the guts to come out and say hey we made a mistake and we are going to cancell all the orders. NOPE instead they make up this piss ass story about the games not being around. What can you do you ask. SImple just spam the hell out of sony inbox and let them know how you fill. THey dont like it too freaking bad, if they can do this to the people who placed orders to hell with them. Email back the email and tell 10 people to tell 10 people. Load their boxes up so freaking much.

ITS OVER we will NEver get these games.

EDIT
[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Scorch']Ignore Slidecage. He's a shaq-fuing idiot. He's said the phrase "cancelled", "cancel", or "will be cancelled" at least fifty times in this thread. He's posting just for the hell of it. It's really annoying.[/quote]

sure is.

If your game comes it comes, if it does not , it does not come.

You cannot blame SONY and their distibutors for not wanting to honor a mistake.

I hope my game comes, but I am not betting on it.[/quote]

O yes we can blame sony. They dont have the balls to come out and say "hey we made a mistake over the weekend, sorry our prices were wrong and we got to cancell all the orders". Nope the company dont have to balls to say it, instead they say ummm theres a problem with shipping or something and if your game isnt there in 30 days it gets automatic cancelled. The weakest way a company can take out and SOny is taking the door out. LOL im an idoit you say, at least the ones who really belived the games will ship. have fun living in your make belive world. Everyone email sony maybe next time they will learn to stand up and take the right actions.

I don't mind them not honoring their cheap prices. The thing I don't like is this... if the plan is to hold out and automatically cancel the orders after 30 days then go ahead and cancel it now so I can get my money back a little bit sooner.

[quote name='slidecage']YeAp its OVER. Sony is a freaking dirt bag company who is taking the easy way out. THey dont have the guts to come out and say hey we made a mistake and we are going to cancell all the orders. NOPE instead they make up this piss ass story about the games not being around. What can you do you ask. SImple just spam the hell out of sony inbox and let them know how you fill. THey dont like it too freaking bad, if they can do this to the people who placed orders to hell with them. Email back the email and tell 10 people to tell 10 people. Load their boxes up so freaking much.

ITS OVER we will NEver get these games.

EDIT
[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Scorch']Ignore Slidecage. He's a shaq-fuing idiot. He's said the phrase "cancelled", "cancel", or "will be cancelled" at least fifty times in this thread. He's posting just for the hell of it. It's really annoying.[/quote]

sure is.

If your game comes it comes, if it does not , it does not come.

You cannot blame SONY and their distibutors for not wanting to honor a mistake.

I hope my game comes, but I am not betting on it.[/quote]

O yes we can blame sony. They dont have the balls to come out and say "hey we made a mistake over the weekend, sorry our prices were wrong and we got to cancell all the orders". Nope the company dont have to balls to say it, instead they say ummm theres a problem with shipping or something and if your game isnt there in 30 days it gets automatic cancelled. The weakest way a company can take out and SOny is taking the door out. LOL im an idoit you say, at least the ones who really belived the games will ship. have fun living in your make belive world. Everyone email sony maybe next time they will learn to stand up and take the right actions.[/quote]

you are a loser

I just recieved the same "delayed" email from Sony. I'm disappointed, but I half expected them to weasel their way out of their mistake. Not a big deal, at least I learned not to buy from Sony's website anymore.

Where does this incredible sense of entitlement come from? I got in on the deal, heck, I needed it more than most of those who did (I cant even afford NHL at $16) But I aint getting it, oh no, boo shaq fu ing hoo. Give it a rest guys. If you want to be outraged, go down to a chemical factory and check out the ponds and streams out back, sit in a Pinto and have somebody broadside you turning you into a human smore. But for gods sakes, dont freak out over games. Worst case scenario, you play something else or if you must have it, rent it some to get the need out of your system, then buy it when its about $30 in a few months. (or whatever price point for whatever game you wanted)

Another thing I love. How many of you REALLY shopped at playstation.com BEFORE the sale? One, maybe two? And if you did, shame on you for calling yourself a CAG! They seemed always retail to me until this event. I guess Id believe people more if were EB or Gamestop they were boycotting. But boycotting playstation.com? Who the hell bought from there anyway? (probably terribly confused soccer moms or grandparents)

[quote name='supadupacheap']Another thing I love. How many of you REALLY shopped at playstation.com BEFORE the sale? One, maybe two? And if you did, shame on you for calling yourself a CAG! They seemed always retail to me until this event. I guess Id believe people more if were EB or Gamestop they were boycotting. But boycotting playstation.com? Who the hell bought from there anyway? (probably terribly confused soccer moms or grandparents)[/quote]

You've completely missed the point. The point is Playstation.com screwed up their prices, and are unwilling to admit that to it's customers. They're saying the orders are back-ordered, or "delayed indefinitely", when they simply could say "Hey guys, we messed up, we have to cancel all of your orders".

I'm a member of GAP, a supporter of Playstation, and a very vocal gamer, and this is just not acceptable. I don't normally buy from their website, but I can guarantee you I never will now because I can't know wether they're going to pull some shit on me.

Point is there are company that will come out and say they made a mistake while there are others (Like sony) who will hide behind loopholes so it dont seem like they are the bad guys in the deal.........

I got 47% off target rain checks that expire on 10-11-04 so if i want them i can get the games ( Target never restocked PB or Gallop though) ONe good thing is i can save the money for paper mario 2

[quote name='Scorch']Bitter much?[/quote]

No I just believe people and companies should be honest. In the same day today I recieved a whole bunch of demos and magazines from being in GAP, and then an email about my order being delayed. It's just frustrating.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Another thing I love. How many of you REALLY shopped at playstation.com BEFORE the sale? One, maybe two? And if you did, shame on you for calling yourself a CAG! They seemed always retail to me until this event. I guess Id believe people more if were EB or Gamestop they were boycotting. But boycotting playstation.com? Who the hell bought from there anyway? (probably terribly confused soccer moms or grandparents)[/quote]

I tried buying the linux kit from them, but by the time I had the money together, they had just stopped selling it (they had not made the announcement yet, but they removed the purchase link).

aargghh...received "default" rejected e-mail....sourced?...that's different term for me....must be another word for dead deal...boy I've had bad luck lately with deals...oh well...shit happens..

Still no new emails from sony for me...

Also, is anyone having trouble logging in to playstation.com? For some reason, it's not letting me log in (yes, I'm typing the correct email and password).

Still no new emails here either - nothing past the original two (order confirmation and backorder).

And now my name and password aren't letting me in either.

Weird.

What nonesne! I got the order delay e-mail as well and the Burnout 3 I ordered was never on backorder, and has been sourced the whole time (I ordered very early into the deal, before there were even 2 pages of posts).

All some one has to do is buy BO3 or PB and see if it gets back order. If it does, we're not screwed!!!! You can cancel right when it gets sourced.

Lame I just checked my email(couldnt at school for some reason) and heres what i got

Dear TRUNG HOANG(me),

Thank you for placing your recent order with PlayStation.com.

We regret to inform you that shipment for part of your order may be delayed, as we have not yet received a shipment confirmation from the warehouse.

Below is information on the item(s) that may be delayed.

------------------------
YOUR ORDER INFORMATION:
------------------------

Order #:2155190

-----------------------------------------
Product Line 1: Burnout 3: Takedown

QTY Ordered: 1
QTY Unshipped: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We will email you with updates to your order once we are informed of the shipment date.

If you do not wish to wait, you may request a cancellation for your order, provided that the item has not shipped. If we do not hear from you before we ship the items, we will assume you have agreed to the shipment delay.

If we cannot deliver your item within 30 days, a cancellation will be processed automatically.

To request cancellation or to check the status of your order, please return to PlayStation.com and log into your account. Click the "Continue" button from the 'Order Status' menu and select the order number to process a cancellation request or check status.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience. Please be assured we are working hard to get these items sent to you as quickly as possible.

If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].

Once again, thanks for shopping with PlayStation.com!

Sincerely,

PlayStation.com Customer Service;

Now I can't even log in to check my account. It allowed me to change my password but it still won't let me log in!

[quote name='Pinnacle']Now I can't even log in to check my account. It allowed me to change my password but it still won't let me log in![/quote]

Same thing here, just give it a little time and you'll get in.

Dear PlayStation.com Consumer,

We recently had a technical error on our site that caused the
prices of several games to be significantly marked down.
Our records indicate that you have placed an order for one
or more of these titles. Unfortunately we've had to cancel
the erroneous orders, yours included, and we sincerely
apologize for this error and any inconvenience this may cause.

We'd like to give you a $10 coupon as a way of saying thanks
for understanding. While we're not required to do this under
our site's terms of use
http://playstation.mx0.net/r?cJWqllEPTcEHHclPvqlTl
we value our customers and we want you to be happy. See
below for the terms of the coupon, which you can use any
time before March 31, 2005.*

To redeem your coupon, just:
1. Select the product you want to order at www.playstation.com
2. Proceed through checkout as you normally would until you get
to the Order Review page
3. On the Order Review page, click the ADD button next to Coupon
or Discount
4. You'll be taken to a Discount page - just enter in your
discount code XXXXXXXXXX, click the ADD button and click CONTINUE.
5. That's it! If you have any difficulties, please call us toll
free at 866-249-3696.

Sincerely,

Playstation.com Store Customer Service

Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd.
Foster City, CA 94404

:x :cry: :x :cry: :evil: :cry: :x :evil: :evil: :puke: :headache: :headache: :headache:

Le Cry... Well, that's it, all lower price orders will be cancelled.

I just got one of those too - however, I did place 2 orders, and one of them was early on in the deal, so maybe one of them went through? I doubt it, but I'm hoping.

Well, it sucks they were all cancelled but I'm very satisfied that they admitted their error. The $10 coupon is nice, but like others have said I don't even know if there's anything on the site I'd want.

I just got the same e-mail, doh! Oh well, I suppose I this really doesn't come as a surprise. Well, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what to use the coupon on?

[quote name='Fizzgig']I just got the same e-mail, doh! Oh well, I suppose I this really doesn't come as a surprise. Well, does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what to use the coupon on?[/quote]

It's tough to give ideas, as the total would be slightly less then just using the GGC at BB.

So that means they didn't charge our Credit Cards right? I wonder if it beans both games I ordered were canceled, because it doesn't say.

[quote name='Scorch']Holy crap, I think I caused sony to hand out $10,000 in coupons.

Hah![/quote]

Dood, that would only be 1000 orders. You probably cost Sony closer to $100,000. Rock on.

[quote name='Scorch']Holy crap, I think I caused sony to hand out $10,000 in coupons.

Hah![/quote] Lol. Fight the power, scorch. Im just going to open my email box right now, and just hope the cancellation isnt there even though it is. :( :boxing: :boxing: :( :puke: :imwithst: :newbie:

[quote name='CrimsonGeist']What about Jak 3? It cost 40 dollars regular. If we get 10 bucks off, we can get it for 30.[/quote]

Don't forget about the $5 shipping.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='Scorch']Holy crap, I think I caused sony to hand out $10,000 in coupons.

Hah![/quote]

Dood, that would only be 1000 orders. You probably cost Sony closer to $100,000. Rock on.[/quote]

QUesiton is how many will really use it, I know for a fact that i wont. By the time you add in shipping and tax the price will be the same from buying it at the store using the BB coupon. Nice job sony for admitting it was your mistake, sadly almost a week later. Anyone know if you can combine the coupons cause i Got one i will never use

[quote name='Kain Vincent'][quote name='CrimsonGeist']What about Jak 3? It cost 40 dollars regular. If we get 10 bucks off, we can get it for 30.[/quote]

Don't forget about the $5 shipping.[/quote] DAMN YOU SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still annoyed at Sony for lying about it. Like the earlier e-mail they sent out saying they hadn't heard back from the warehouse/suppliers. I guess that was a lie and they weren't sure if they were going to cancel the orders or not so they sent out that e-mail to let us think they are still working on the order.

I just got the e-mail as well, though when I check my order status they're still shown as being backordered.

Maybe I could use the $10 off of a GTA:SA preorder.

bread's done
Back