[Dead] Polarium down to $12.99 brand new at ebgames.com

crap... woke up this morning... afternoon... and its back at $29.99... =( i guess the decision was made.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']crap... woke up this morning... afternoon... and its back at $29.99... =( i guess the decision was made.[/QUOTE]

Same for me . . . I kept putting off buying it until the discount went away :)

I swear I would buy it now, well maybe, then again . . .

Bought Polarium, pulled the trigger, even though I just bought 5 games (only $35 after 2x pricegrabber though) and I threw in Gex 3 for $2.25 as well for my sis' since she likes platformers.

Alright, I broke down and bought it.

I had a reservation rewards code heading toward expiration anyway . . . they are so hard to use on used stuff . . .

Came out to $5.25 with shipping and tax (after $10 off)

I guess I'll go pick this up at CC. grrrr... Why did I have to buy this stupid DS?!? Now I will have no money...

Mario
Nintendogs
AWDS
Polarium
Kirby
Yoshi
Wario

and then there is the lineup for the remainder of the year... Too many great games... :evil:

:lol:

im not sure if someone said before... but has anyone had success picking this up at eb b&m at this price? i dont really like ordering stuff online.

well it's gone now. i still have the page where it said 12.99 so im going to try to go pm it at CC today.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']well it's gone now. i still have the page where it said 12.99 so im going to try to go pm it at CC today.[/QUOTE]Did you save the page? I should have but didn't think it would change so fast.

[quote name='banpeikun']Did you save the page? I should have but didn't think it would change so fast.[/QUOTE]I guess I could just save the new page myself and change the price in the html. Weird. Then couldn't you do that for every game?

[quote name='SAGExSDX']well it's gone now. i still have the page where it said 12.99 so im going to try to go pm it at CC today.[/QUOTE]

Sage, don't you ever learn . . . you and I both missed it last time. It burned me that I missed it . . . so this time I jumped on it.

Good luck with CC . . . honestly.

Some of us have tried to figure out the formula that EB uses on these price drops and their duration. Good drops can often be very short.

Polarium was down to $12.99 for a long time . . . it must have took awhile to meet their quota for sales. Then it went up for days and came back down for a short time. Did they "discover" they had more copies to clear out???

i know schultzed T_T

when i saw u say u jumped on it this time, i had deep congratulations for you dawg

but i didnt learn my lesson because of my dislike of online ordering T_T

well ill be going to CC in a few minutes so... maybe ill be back with it. the CC i go to is pretty cool about pricematching and everything. a bunch of younger people work there.

[quote name='banpeikun']I guess I could just save the new page myself and change the price in the html. Weird. Then couldn't you do that for every game?[/QUOTE]

yeah i was thinking the same thing... and last time when i went into CC with a print out of an online price (kmart when they had ghost recon 2 for $20 back in november), they didn't even check online on a computer...

not saying i endorse or encourage fraud... just saying i had the same thought (without the thought to take action of course)

EDIT! It's back at $12.99!! Haha man i have to agree with a previous poster, someone at ebgames.com has A.D.D. or something.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']yeah i was thinking the same thing... and last time when i went into CC with a print out of an online price (kmart when they had ghost recon 2 for $20 back in november), they didn't even check online on a computer...

not saying i endorse or encourage fraud... just saying i had the same thought (without the thought to take action of course)

EDIT! It's back at $12.99!! Haha man i have to agree with a previous poster, someone at ebgames.com has A.D.D. or something.[/QUOTE]It's a power struggle at ebgames.com! Someone's gone ballistic and keeps trying to lower the prices!

haha. just got back from Circuit City. no problems there. they pricematched it no problem. it came out to be 11.85 after 5% tax.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']haha. just got back from Circuit City. no problems there. they pricematched it no problem. it came out to be 11.85 after 5% tax.[/QUOTE]I went to CC and they said they only pricematch online prices from their own website. Then I tried Sears, but they didn't have Polarium... grr.

Anyone know of other stores who PM? The two nearest Sears by me don't even sell videogames and my local Game Crazy doesn't PM new games. And the nearest CC is about a half hour away, not really worth the gas to pick up it up there.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Anyone know of other stores who PM? The two nearest Sears by me don't even sell videogames and my local Game Crazy doesn't PM new games. And the nearest CC is about a half hour away, not really worth the gas to pick up it up there.[/QUOTE]

Circuit City and Sears are the only ones who do it.

Best Buy won't PM online stuff, Target dosen't PM at all, and I believe Wal-Mart also won't PM online stuff.

There is a 2% chance you can get EB B&M to honor it, but that is an extreme YMMV longshot.

I went in to BB and told them about it, and showed a clerk there the page. She told me to just tell the cashier that they had to do a price match for it and not show the page. Lo and behold it worked and they didn't even want confirmation. I know that this would be ymmv big, big time.

Nice game too. Thanks for the deal!

[quote name='kaw']Polarium back at 12.99 if anyone cares.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't expect it to drop again. This is great news for everyone who didn't get it the first time around though.

Now if only Meteos would drop that low...

[quote name='Maverick CRV']Wow, I didn't expect it to drop again. This is great news for everyone who didn't get it the first time around though.[/QUOTE]

yes... great news for people who didn't get it the first time... and then the second time... and then the third time... this is the 4th time in recent memory the game flipped its price at ebgames.com. :lol:

For 13 dollars it is a decent deal. It has single cart multi player so thats a plus, but the single player game is a bit boring.

Just saw that the game is back to $12.99. Have no time to read this entire thread, but has anyone had anyluck getting it at EB B&M? Otherwise, I might just have to put out and get it. Love me my DS games.

For people who are skeptical, its quite a good game. Got mine for $5 after gift card. Really effing hard, but TONS of replay value. Good game for $13

If it comes back to $12.99, don't hesitate.

Personally, I like it better than Meteos (although I understand why many will disagree).

Meteos is faster and flashier. But Polarium is a solid puzzler.

Get both (in the long run).

[quote name='zman73']I have a copy SEALED , I would ship for 15 to a fellow CAG[/QUOTE]

I just sent you a PM if it's still up for grabs.

Don't forget that they just added Polarium to the green-tag sale at TRU. So if that drops to 70% as we expect on Tuesday, it will be $9 there. I just need to decide if I want to spend $9 cash, or $13 in EB credit...

Edit - Now it looks like the 70% might not happen next Tuesday, so EB would be the best bet for a cheap Polarium now (it is back to $29.99 now but we know how these things change).

I see that it's back in-stock now, but I don't really want to pull the trigger for an online order for a couple of days. Anyway, anybody gone B&M to try and get the game for this price?

I know I asked before, but I still have recieved any answer yet.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I see that it's back in-stock now, but I don't really want to pull the trigger for an online order for a couple of days. Anyway, anybody gone B&M to try and get the game for this price?

I know I asked before, but I still have recieved any answer yet.[/QUOTE]

I tried price matching it at Circuit City a couple of weeks ago since I have a card there and I wanted 110% of the difference. They were selling it for $29.99. I approached the clerk at one of those end cap registers and said that the EBGames.com website shows it for $12.99. So she looks it up and there it is and she was about to do it for me.....until....."Oh I have to get the manager to override the price match for me, be right back". So over walks this doofus and when he sees the price asks if she had called over to the local EBGames at the mall across the street and she she says "No" and then runs to do it. Meanwhile the manager turns to me and says "Sorry for the wait...it'll just take a moment". So the clerk comes running back and says "They have it for $29.99" and the manager says sorry but he can't match it.

As I am walking to the exit he happens to be walking by and says again "I'm sorry we couldn't do that for you, maybe if there wasn't such a huge difference in the prices." Um, OK, that doesn't make much sense...PRICE MATCHING is what it says and I don't recall a $ limit to that. Before I shrugged it off because it was on the web and I wasn't sure if they'd honor it since it was a "Web Only" deal but now he pissed me off by saying what essentially is a kick in the face of their own policy and I just walked out. I guess I was a bit irritable now because I drop a bunch of cash in that store, and one of the few times I price match they can't come through for me because of what the manager told me on the way out. I'd of taken the "Web Only" deal excuse in stride but not that second one. What a moron. At that point it could have been ANY item, much less Polarium.

On a side note he didn't make sense either in that I had price matched my laptop a year prior for like $500 less and they didn't have a prob with that. Go figure.

bread's done
Back