(DEAD) Punch-Out!! (Wii) $40 at Amazon

Justin42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Edit-- price back to $49.99 as of 5/22.

[IMG-R=5137]7131[/IMG-R]Little Mac for a little price. Amazon is offering next week's Punch-Out!! for $39.99.

:wii: Punch-Out!! $39.99

Had noticed this game was in my Gold Box Quick Picks deals at $46.99 and it suddenly just dropped to $37.99, so I checked and Amazon's dropped the price to $39.99. Not sure if it's an MSRP drop or if Amazon made a mistake or if this is just a nice sale to drum up support after Excitebots had a dismal launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking about ordering this from amazon earlier today. This price drop made my decision much easier.

Edit: Apparently I can't order it with the 360 Battery Pack I wanted because then the ECA discount comes off of that. Oh well, I'll just wait on the battery pack then.

[quote name='Magikarp830']Seconded. I didn't know it had that option... I guess I might actually get it now...

When have u ever played Punch Out and thought, "This is fun. But u know what would make it MORE fun? If I could play-act the fights and punch in the air! WEEEEE!!!!!" :D

I don't see how mock boxing with my Wii will make me NOT feel like a tool. Especially if someone walked into the room while I was doing that...

"TAKE THIS, KING HIPPO!!! HYAAAAH!!!! PUNCH!!! KAPOW!!!" :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll bet you look so much cooler pushing buttons on a control pad. That must get you all the ladies!

So tempting, but like Cheapy, I always end up neglecting my Wii no matter how good the game is. Plus I already have Super Punch Out on my GCN Fight Night disc. I'll stick with Fight Night Round 4. :p

So I cancelled my order and instead signed up with ECA and got a 10% code, reapplied that and my $5 promotional code I got from Amazon last year and am now paying a grand total of $30.97. From $50 to $30 bucks for a brand new and highly rated Nintendo game?! Steal of the year thus far for me.

This ECA discount is so worth it, I already got $4 off Punch-out!!, preordered RE: Dark Chronicles for $35.99, saved $4 bucks again, and preordered Wii Sports Resort for $42.29, saved $4.70.

That's a total of $12.70 saved and I payed $14.99 for the membership. One more purchase and it's true savings from here on out. Uncharted 2, God of War 3, so many games to preorder and so much to save.

The thing that is annoying about the ECA discount is if you have an existing order with it...it doesn't drop it, so say you aren't informed you are essentially paying more unless you ask for the adjustment or cancel and reorder....a slight annoyance to a great deal.

[quote name='$hady']Yes, yes I would. If I want to box i'll go to the gym. If I want to swing a sword i'll go to a Star Wars convention. I can go on all day....

The only Wii game that's kinda fun using motion in is Mario Kart but i'd rather use the wavebird. I prefer buttons but my casual gaming friends rave over the motion controlled gimmick. Give us both and let us play how we want rather than pushing one set of people aside.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should have stuck with the GC, and I don't really think the motion control is a gimmick, some people just like it better than pushing buttons, but what ever floats your boat.

[quote name='flatliner718']The thing that is annoying about the ECA discount is if you have an existing order with it...it doesn't drop it, so say you aren't informed you are essentially paying more unless you ask for the adjustment or cancel and reorder....a slight annoyance to a great deal.[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm waiting to buy Batman: Arkham Asylum collector's edition a week before to see if it really reduces in price - I don't want to waste an Amazon Prime Shipping Trial on a canceled order.

[quote name='Purkeynator']As much as I use it, I would like to punch out my wii.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='$hady']I am pumped for this game, I loved Tysons Punch-out. I was very happy to see that you can use buttons and play it old school style. I very much dislike the retarded Wii wave your arms controls and wish every game would allow you to play like a civilized person. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fshaia']So you would rather push buttons that feel like you are actually boxing ?

Ok, what ever works for you.[/QUOTE]

Yes, everyone who likes games would like to push buttons rather than ruining the game with broken "motion control" that just replaces a precise button press with an imprecise motion. (Okay EVERYONE may be a slight exaggeration, but most people like precise control.)

I would have ZERO interest in this if it were motion control.

As it is, if it were for the PS3 or 360 or PC or PSP I'd be buying it in a heartbeat...but like Cheapy and others on here the fact its on the Wii gives me pause. In my case its because so far I have one Wii game I like, and I don't know if it'll really end up as a long term investment, or just something I ditch when the games dry up (plus I've already had my first Wii fail, etc., etc.).

I do love the original Punch Out though, so this is really tempting.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lilboo']Yeah I re-ordered because I noticed my pre-order didn't change. $35.99 is an awesome price.[/QUOTE]

You can do that, but mine eventually showed up. Amazon even states it make take up to 24 hours to see the price reflected in your cart.

After reading the A+ review on 1UP, my anticipation shot through the roof. Now I can't believe how awesome of a deal this is!

In for 1! Thanks OP!

[quote name='belgario']Even though Amazon still has their preorder gurantee I didn't want to chance it since I had both the 5% Gold Box and 10% ECA discount, so I called and they adjusted the price before hand. My order total is now $33.99 with Prime 2 Day shipping... can't beat that :).. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

How do you get the 5% gold box deal? Thank you.

Great TV commercial for this, saw it last night. (Obviously aimed at the nostalgia crowd).
I'm liking this 10 dollar discount right out of the gate idea. If I hadn't just bought Devil Summoner 2 and if June wasn't filled with games I've been looking forward to, I'd bite.

[quote name='Waterhouse']Great TV commercial for this, saw it last night. (Obviously aimed at the nostalgia crowd).
I'm liking this 10 dollar discount right out of the gate idea. If I hadn't just bought Devil Summoner 2 and if June wasn't filled with games I've been looking forward to, I'd bite.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, because of this I googled it. Pretty funny. I watched the old Mike Tyson punch out commercial too. I am getting excited about this!

I got one wth, 39.99 without having to sign up for anything sounded good to me. So if if ships the 26th so what? I can wait a few weeks to save 15$ off of retail it would have cost I don't need it day one or week one.

8.5 from GT. Apparently you'll need to
abandon the Wiimotion entirely to complete the game?
. I must admit the game looks great and I liked the previous games, arrgh.

[quote name='gunm']8.5 from GT. Apparently you'll need to
abandon the Wiimotion entirely to complete the game?
. [/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I mean obviously the Wii's controls don't work, and every single critic I've heard talking about it says it's unplayable until you switch to the real controls, and then all of a sudden it's like "oh yeah, this is fun".

[quote name='Nicko']After reading the A+ review on 1UP, my anticipation shot through the roof. Now I can't believe how awesome of a deal this is!

In for 1! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

I'm sure it is good, but I don't automatically trust that given the crazy scores some games have gotten. After Fight Night got a 10/10 I started taking stuff with a huge grain of salt, since I would have scored that maybe a 2/10, and then mostly for the graphics.

made a quick mention about the nintendo release of it today on my blog here. i have the game will be playing it soon....

i dont know, the ECA discount is almost useless for me in New York, it would be $38.11 with free shipping. saving 2 bucks is hardly worth it. ugh..

[quote name='Trufatty']i dont know, the ECA discount is almost useless for me in New York, it would be $38.11 with free shipping. saving 2 bucks is hardly worth it. ugh..[/QUOTE]

Huh? You're saving $4, and the difference is coming from tax. You'd be paying ~$42.11 without the ECA discount.

[quote name='wasabi5858']Someone here posted this link. (don't recall the name etc, my apologies)
I've not really look into it yet (been leaving it up to chance), but I've bookmarked it for later use.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=707149[/QUOTE]

Wow, pretty smart. It's only worth doing for really expensive items, otherwise it's too much work to save about 2 bucks.

[quote name='Trufatty']i dont know, the ECA discount is almost useless for me in New York, it would be $38.11 with free shipping. saving 2 bucks is hardly worth it. ugh..[/QUOTE]

Well considering the game is $50 retail, getting it for $40 is still a bargain whether or not you pay tax...

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I ordered my Punch-Out from Amazon a while back, and it's giving me a shipping date of May 26?!?!?! Is that normal for Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but, you might get it before then. This kind of stuff usually happens when they get a lot of pre-orders. Don't count on getting it like the first few days..but it may not be on the 26th. Maybe I've had good luck with them so far, so, ::shrug::

[quote name='thesimplicity']Can people who ordered check their confirmation email? Mine is saying "[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping estimate for these items: May 26, 2009." I'm wondering if they sold out of the intial shipment and are bumping people back a week.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Isn't that the estimated date that you would receive it? Releases 5/18 + 9 days for free shipping.

[quote name='Indiana']Isn't that the estimated date that you would receive it? Releases 5/18 + 9 days for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

No. Amazon does estimated arrival dates only after they ship the item, so the item could be shipped anywhere from the 19th-26th.

Mine is estimated to arrive May 21st with Prime. Up to the 26th seems about right for free shipping. It can take up to 10 days when you use free shipping.

I thought I could hold out for a little while for this one, but hell I liked the original punch out too much. It probably won't dip below $40 for a while anyway. In for one.

lol i love how the fanboys have already swept through the reviews and gave the one 3/5 review 0/50 helpful points. standard amazon nintendo release procedure for the drones.

hehe it went down to 39.97 when i ordered it. I just went with free shipping since a backlog of games is starting to develop since I've been taking advantage of all the recent deals.

2 player would've been nice, but then again, the original NES/SNES versions didn't have it and they were amazing! I've got to play some of my backlog before buying more stuff though.

[quote name='Spooon69']2 player would've been nice, but then again, the original NES/SNES versions didn't have it and they were amazing! I've got to play some of my backlog before buying more stuff though.[/QUOTE]

It does have two-player Mac vs. Mac. Just not online.

[quote name='elwood731']It does have two-player Mac vs. Mac. Just not online.[/QUOTE]

That I did not know, thanks! Here's hoping the deal stays, I still need to sign up for that ECA membership. Post-exams me thinks.

bread's done
Back