(DEAD) Punch-Out!! (Wii) $40 at Amazon

Justin42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Edit-- price back to $49.99 as of 5/22.

[IMG-R=5137]7131[/IMG-R]Little Mac for a little price. Amazon is offering next week's Punch-Out!! for $39.99.

:wii: Punch-Out!! $39.99

Had noticed this game was in my Gold Box Quick Picks deals at $46.99 and it suddenly just dropped to $37.99, so I checked and Amazon's dropped the price to $39.99. Not sure if it's an MSRP drop or if Amazon made a mistake or if this is just a nice sale to drum up support after Excitebots had a dismal launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd amazon had this in stock on the 18th today for the longest time. But today I checked on it and it says in stock on the 21st. Also my delivery estimate is the 21st as well. Hmmm.

[quote name='Indiana']Isn't that the estimated date that you would receive it? Releases 5/18 + 9 days for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I have a shipping estimate of May 26 and a delivery estimate of June 2-8!?!??!?!?!?!?

So they're two different things.

[quote name='jackoman']I decided to cancel. Nice deal, but I'll wait for a bigger price drop.[/QUOTE]

You may be waiting a long time, Nintendo does'nt drop the price on their major titles very often. Then again, maybe you will be able to find it cheaper in a year or two.

[quote name='Indiana']So have anyone had their copy shipped yet?[/QUOTE] Nothing yet & I've hade it pre-ordered for a few months.

[quote name='habloc']You may be waiting a long time, Nintendo does'nt drop the price on their major titles very often. Then again, maybe you will be able to find it cheaper in a year or two.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Not sure if I'll like this, and I dislike that it's on a platform I barely buy anything for, but I figure it'll probably be a while before it drops back to that price.

Haven't gotten a ship notification yet...though in my case I don't care if it ships 3 months from now, as my backlog is gigantic.

EDIT: Dang, I wish Xbox 1 games got listed on my card thingee. At least GfWL games get on there.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Not sure if I'll like this, and I dislike that it's on a platform I barely buy anything for, but I figure it'll probably be a while before it drops back to that price.

Haven't gotten a ship notification yet...though in my case I don't care if it ships 3 months from now, as my backlog is gigantic.

EDIT: Dang, I wish Xbox 1 games got listed on my card thingee. At least GfWL games get on there.[/QUOTE]

I'd be shocked if you played the game and honestly disliked it. It oozes with quality.

i was gonna hold off but reviews have been stellar and i've been waiting for a new PunchOut for a while. $10 off, why not?

The website says In Stock. Seems odd that they would not be shipping all the orders now. Mine still says estimate May 26.

[quote name='oemor']mines is in the preparing for shipment stage i got prime though.[/QUOTE]Ditto. It now says my delivery estimate is May 21st, instead of the shipping estimate.

[quote name='Wolfpup']and I dislike that it's on a platform I barely buy anything for[/QUOTE]

You don't like that it is for a platform you don't buy much for... So if there were 100 games coming out this year on the Wii that you wanted to buy, would you like Punchout Wii more? Why?

I really want this game - it looks great, but I probably won't get it until later this year.

[quote name='crunchewy']You don't like that it is for a platform you don't buy much for... So if there were 100 games coming out this year on the Wii that you wanted to buy, would you like Punchout Wii more? Why?[/QUOTE]

Because I don't have room to store 9 trillion systems, backup parts, etc., etc. Plus my first Wii died on me, and my second one is doing flaky stuff the way the first one did.

It's just annoying to have like 1-3 games on a system when there are hundreds on other systems that I want. Annoying to waste all that space and money on maybe 1-3 games. It's not so bad with a portable system, but I'm already well out of room for these things.

EDIT: THE Reason I still have a Wii is Super Mario Galaxy. That game is incredibly good, but since then the only two games that have even interested me at all are Punch Out and Wario Land. I haven't actually played either yet, so I don't even know if I'll like them.

[quote name='habloc']You may be waiting a long time, Nintendo does'nt drop the price on their major titles very often. Then again, maybe you will be able to find it cheaper in a year or two.[/QUOTE]

Ya that's no joke. Just look at Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii Music, etc. These games have been out for quite a while but rarely do you see them on sale at major stores. Only time I see a possible deal is either when Target or Toys R Us has a buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Ironically the cheapest I've seen Galaxy was at launch at Toy's R Us. I think there's at least a chance this'll be the same way.

[quote name='Got_Wii']Ya that's no joke. Just look at Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Wii Music, etc. These games have been out for quite a while but rarely do you see them on sale at major stores. Only time I see a possible deal is either when Target or Toys R Us has a buy 2 get 1 free sale.[/QUOTE]

I know someone who used to own a shop and he said that Nintendo (and Sony as well I believe) doesn't offer reimbursement for price drops. So unlike EA which will refund you $10 X (however many units you bought), Nintendo sells it to you and that's that. Thus sales are harder to find on their items until initial stock runs low or second print comes.

Well, something like that. I don't remember it entirely but it was something about price-drop insurance or something...

I am glad I picked up Wii Music when amazon offered $20 gift card for pre-orders. I haven't even load it up myself, but I've left co-workers w/ small children borrow it. I still consider it money well spent. But yeah, I don't see this getting much cheaper in the next few months.

[quote name='nodoctors']lol i love how the fanboys have already swept through the reviews and gave the one 3/5 review 0/50 helpful points. standard amazon nintendo release procedure for the drones.[/QUOTE]

Missed this yesterday. I don't know about that specific review, but there didn't seem to be anything terribly wrong with it. I think I'd think just the opposite regarding Punch Out and Smash Bros., but it's still a valid view.

But...yeah, I totally know what you mean about the herd attacking anything negative about Nintendo games. I posted a negative review for the newest Fire Emblem, and got attacked left and right. It's not like I'm insulting anyone with it-I'm just saying it's way too hard for me (and compared it to the much easier, much more fun Gamecube one). It's a perfectly valid review, and I get slammed for it.

I *WANT* to read negative reviews for something. I don't just want glowing positives. I wish someone had written the review I wrote before I bought it-would have saved me $30+. (And left me open to trying new entries in the series in the future-sure won't now.)

I figure a lot of people are just avoiding posting reviews for fear of offending the Faithful, which in the long run actually hurts Nintendo more than it helps. I know I won't trust positive reviews on there for 1st party stuff after my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird thing. I ordered PunchOut this Saturday, chose Super Saver Shipping, and was notified that the delivery estimate is on the 26th with arrival estimate between June 2 and June 8. But I leave for the evening and come back... all of a sudden, it's been shipped and will be arriving within 3 days. Anyone else have the same luck?

Mine shipped yesterday, via UPS 2nd day air, since I have prime. Looks like I'll be getting it tomorrow. Can't wait to pump Momma said knock you out, while playing against Glass Joe.

[quote name='rickeeretardo']Anyone else have the same luck?[/QUOTE]

No. :( Nothing yet about that... still shipping on the 26th for me. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Beautiful thanks, shipping tomorrow fingers crosseed
By.jpg

[quote name='52club']Mine shipped yesterday, via UPS 2nd day air, since I have prime. Looks like I'll be getting it tomorrow. Can't wait to pump Momma said knock you out, while playing against Glass Joe.[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='rickeeretardo']Weird thing. I ordered PunchOut this Saturday, chose Super Saver Shipping, and was notified that the delivery estimate is on the 26th with arrival estimate between June 2 and June 8. But I leave for the evening and come back... all of a sudden, it's been shipped and will be arriving within 3 days. Anyone else have the same luck?[/QUOTE]

No luck yet for me. I ordered Sunday however.

[quote name='prateeko']I know someone who used to own a shop and he said that Nintendo (and Sony as well I believe) doesn't offer reimbursement for price drops. So unlike EA which will refund you $10 X (however many units you bought), Nintendo sells it to you and that's that. Thus sales are harder to find on their items until initial stock runs low or second print comes.

Well, something like that. I don't remember it entirely but it was something about price-drop insurance or something...[/QUOTE]

That's just not accurate. First of all, nobody offers refunds, they only provide credits good for future product through their distributors. If Nintendo drops the MSRP on a game, they do in fact provide credits through authorized distributors. Non-chain retailers, however, often have problems getting credits because their volume is low and they have little or no leverage with distributors or publishers. Nintendo just refuses to drop the MSRP most of the time until a game completely fails to sell and even then it's tough to get them to move. Music for the Wii is a great example.

Weird, earlier today ETA was 27th, I JUST got an email saying it shipped, will be getting it this Friday. Don't know if they just got some in stock or my Prime membership bumped somebody else's copy (sorry, if that's true).

I got this nice surprise in my inbox today :/

Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $0.02 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Punch-Out!!
Price on order date: $39.99
Price charged at shipping: $39.97
Lowest price before release date: $39.97
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $0.02

$0.02 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

I got the savings email too.

What is bizarre is when something else I ordered recently from Amazon dropped over $7 before release, I had to fight like mad to get them to refund it. (since they charged me the full amount) And today I get this happy email telling me I saved 2 cents. ;)

How dare you give Nintendo's share of rabid fanboys a bad review! I give your review of Nintendo fanboys an "unhelpful".

Now, those rabid Xbox and PS3... they'll mod down any negative review of their beloved games. It makes me sick and I don't think I can stomach it. From now on I'm only going to give 5 star reviews to 360 and PS3 games for fear of offending them.

^^^

hehe I've been looking for the version that's actually named Fahrenheit for that same reason!

I ordered mine really late and it shipped yesterday, so the wait isn't bad at all. That extra $.02 savings finally won me over.

Mine said May 26th and it shipped this morning. I woiuld expect your order will ship today or tomorrow.

Tried to get this at Best Buy first because I had a coupon that gets you a $10 gift card if you bought it between the 19th and the 31st. They were either sold out or didn't get a shipment because I didn't even see a blank shelf where it should have been. So I ordered it from Amazon. In stock the day it came out free super saver shipping. Saved the same amount of money now I just have to wait for it.

got mine today! Too bad I jacked up bluetooth sensor on my wii modding it. Hopefully that replacement will be here from hong kong...soon. If it ever comes. Might be time too buy a new wii....

bread's done
Back