[DEAD] Redbox $0.25 to $1.00 off rental, daily till 5/22

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Text Redbox daily till 5/22 for a new discount every day.

Text MAY to 727272 for $0.25 to $1.00 off today's rental.

How long does the 10 Days of Deals run for?
The 10 Days of Deals runs from 5/13/12 to 5/22/12 at 11:59:59pm CT.

Can I use the promo code for a DVD, Blu-ray Disc™ or video game?
Yes! The promo code can be used towards the first-day rental of anything at a Redbox kiosk. It's good for a discount off the standard daily fee for the first day of rental.

Can I use the promo code when I reserve a rental online or on the Redbox app?
Sorry, but the code can only be used at a Redbox kiosk.

What are the different discounts I might get?
The promo code you’ll get each day you send a text will be good for a discount of $0.25, $0.50 or $1.00.

When does my promo code expire?
Each promo code expires on May 22, 2012, at 11:59:59 p.m. CT.

How many promo codes can I get on my phone each day?
No matter how many texts you send to Redbox during the promotion, you’ll only get one promo code sent to your phone on each day that you send a text.

Can you email me the code instead?
Sorry, no – 10 Days of Deals is a text-only offer. If you can’t participate because you don’t have a cell phone that can text, stay tuned for more great Redbox deals & freebies coming soon!

Can I use more than one promo code for the same transaction?
Sorry, no – you can only use one promo code per transaction.

I texted but I didn’t get a promo code. What should I do?
Please make sure that the keyword is spelled correctly and that there are no extra characters (including a signature) in your text. Please also make sure that the short code you’re using is 727272. If you still don’t receive your code via text within 24 hours, contact the Redbox Customer Care team here. Have your mobile number and carrier ready to share.

Can I use the promo code to buy a used DVD at a Redbox kiosk?
Sorry, no – promo codes can only be used for rentals.

Regular Prices for Redbox
$1.20 for Dvd
$1.50 for Blu Ray
$2.00 for Game

Discount code terms: Code expires 5/22/12 at 11:59:59pm CT. Valid for either a 25¢, 50¢, or $1 discount off the standard daily rental fee for the item rented at a kiosk for the first night of rental. Limit: 1 code per transaction, regardless of # of rentals. 1 time use of code only. Not valid online, via app, or for prior rentals. Your payment card (necessary for any rental) will be charged the excess daily rental fee for the item and the full daily rental rate for any additional items, plus applicable tax (except for MD rental transactions for which additional tax is not charged) for the first night of rental, if applicable, and will be charged the full daily rental fee for all items plus applicable tax (except for MD rental transactions) for each day you do not return your rental by 9:00 pm local time (at the kiosk) after first rental night. Void where prohibited by law. Code must not be copied, sold, or otherwise offered. Any other use constitutes fraud. Cannot be combined with other offers. Not redeemable for cash. Offer subject to cancellation or change at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh cool! Thanks OP.

I was gonna rent Haywire Friday. Glad I held off. Got a $0.50 code, but I'm gonna hold off until I get $1.

Ok, thanks for the info! Maybe update the op with that info too. Texted and got a .25 I think it will be tough to get the 1.00.

Cool, thanks thanks thanks
smile.gif

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']Gonna use this for Max Payne 3 rental. On PS3. So I have the whole game. hehehe[/QUOTE]

I'm sure this is just meant as a joke but my redbox wont even rent the.games that are multi disc for 360. Rage, Mass Effect 3, and Battlefield have only available at my kiosk for PS3

[quote name='joeyatog']Here's a .50 code: V44V3WN[/QUOTE]

if you use a code can people say they used them so people dont try to keep using the same codes

thanks

o and those looking for a very cute family movie

cinnamon is a nice family movie to watch... watched it last night with my parents for mothers day..

laugh out probally 20 times how goofy it was ....

if your looking for a VERY BAD MOVIE

the UNDEAD DEAD it says ZOMBIES VS VAMPIRES but its not ... Its a story about Vampires who turn into zombie like creatures cause they drunk Cow Blood that was infected with MAD COW talk about a stupid movie

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Got a $.50 off code, used it for Prototype 2.

Received a CD-R instead. :mad:

They really need to use an anti-tampering sticker for their games,[/QUOTE]

20120119161717!Lolface.png

So not surprised when stuff like this happens.

I rented Green Lantern last night on DVD (no bluray copy in a 5 mile radius) and there were scratches all over the disc. 5 minute conversation with the CSR online and I have two free codes for dvd rentals.

Redbox will do you right. Just give em a chance.

[quote name='Calipso']
20120119161717%21Lolface.png

So not surprised when stuff like this happens.

I rented Green Lantern last night on DVD (no bluray copy in a 5 mile radius) and there were scratches all over the disc. 5 minute conversation with the CSR online and I have two free codes for dvd rentals.

Redbox will do you right. Just give em a chance.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, I'm not bashing Redbox. They gave me two promo codes as well. It's annoying and could greatly reduce this kind of stuff if those ring stickers were made to "deactivate" if tampered.

It seems like scams are happening more frequent but I'm not sure how widespread it is. I saw someone on Craigslist straight up selling a disc only copy of MW3, clearly had the Redbox tag on the spine. Called him out on it and didn't respond back but instead removed the pic silently from his listing. Ugh.

Just had to rant

[quote name='Wario64']It seems like scams are happening more frequent but I'm not sure how widespread it is. I saw someone on Craigslist straight up selling a disc only copy of MW3, clearly had the Redbox tag on the spine. Called him out on it and didn't respond back but instead removed the pic silently from his listing. Ugh.

Just had to rant[/QUOTE]

Yea, but the guy could have kept the game past 30 days and been charged full price by Redbox. Simliar to people who rented from blockbuster who forgot to return stuff and then got charged for it.

I doubt he did what I said and probably scammed like you said, but there is always that small chance the person was honest.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Oh no, I'm not bashing Redbox. They gave me two promo codes as well. It's annoying and could greatly reduce this kind of stuff if those ring stickers were made to "deactivate" if tampered.[/QUOTE]

Problem is what if some stupid parent had some idiot shithead kid who scratched the label off or they did it themselves. When they return it and it won't accept it, they'll flip out.

Redbox has probably just as many moron customers as they do scammers.

Redbox has a special gift just for you! Use this promo code* at checkout to take 50¢ off your first day of a DVD, Blu-ray™ or game rental:

NVJ32HQ

Is it just me or is availability of Max Payne 3 really low? I checked it last night and there was only about 3 locations that had the PS3 version. Now there's only 2...and they're kinda out of the way locations. I live in the Bay Area too so they should have been plenty

[quote name='Wario64']Is it just me or is availability of Max Payne 3 really low? I checked it last night and there was only about 3 locations that had the PS3 version. Now there's only 2...and they're kinda out of the way locations. I live in the Bay Area too so they should have been plenty[/QUOTE]

Seems like they're in the process of stocking them. There were only some in Dixon when I first checked this morning but now there's some in Davis and Fairfield.

[quote name='Wario64']Is it just me or is availability of Max Payne 3 really low? I checked it last night and there was only about 3 locations that had the PS3 version. Now there's only 2...and they're kinda out of the way locations. I live in the Bay Area too so they should have been plenty[/QUOTE]

When the games first come out on Tuesday, availability seems to increase throughout the day as the machines get stocked and the online tracker picks up on it.

[quote name='Wario64']It seems like scams are happening more frequent but I'm not sure how widespread it is. I saw someone on Craigslist straight up selling a disc only copy of MW3, clearly had the Redbox tag on the spine. Called him out on it and didn't respond back but instead removed the pic silently from his listing. Ugh.

Just had to rant[/QUOTE] yeah, day 1 disc only sale. don't redbox use Credit card to keep track. Redbox should install cameras. Etc

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Got a $.50 off code, used it for Prototype 2.

Received a CD-R instead. :mad:

They really need to use an anti-tampering sticker for their games,[/QUOTE]

similar thing happened to me with Saints Row 3. Rented it and it was a photocopy printout of the game. Redbox didn't charge me for it but didn't give me any free rental codes. also, i've seen Redbox copies of games at Gamestop. but they could have been "purchased" from Redbox as someone stated earlier.

I'm in the "has to be $1 off" frame of mind, so if anyone wants my fifty center, here you go: RRWJZ4G

Thanks for the thread OP. Hopefully remember to text each day...

[quote name='VexxedCS']Seems like they're in the process of stocking them. There were only some in Dixon when I first checked this morning but now there's some in Davis and Fairfield.[/QUOTE]

They haven't stocked any more at all here, I've been checking constantly through out the day. Actually there's no copies left around my area now.

Some more Redbox .25 codes:

ZR2ZN3Q
XK2MQHZ
RWG4MJ5
7K6KGR4

Hope these are of use to some CAG'er.

bread's done
Back