[DEAD] - Right Stuf's 12+ Days of Christmas - 2007

WTK

CAGiversary!
Right Stuf's 12+ Days of Christmas - 2007A Bundle of Anime JoyAnother Bundle of Anime JoyALL PROMOTIONS END ON MIDNIGHT, 12/25/2007!

maxgeek has noted that the first link doesn't work because of the CAG referral system that can mess up links. You have to remove the cag refferal (",a=cheap-ass-gamer") after you click on the link.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']The links does not seem to be working.[/quote]The sale starts tomorrow (12/3). The first link should work and the second link won't work until tomorrow.

The first link doesn't work because of the CAG referral system that can mess up links. You have to remove the cag refferal (",a=cheap-ass-gamer") after you click on the link.

[quote name='pete5883']Can anyone recommend or dis-recommend Eureka Seven?[/quote]

It generally gets favorable reviews. My brother liked it, I thought it was okay. I would wait for the thin pack or boxset to get it for less.

Oh boy, I'm glad to see this promotion back again this year. I hope I don't end up spending too much money though.

Yeah, I think Eureka 7 was a good enough show to merit a purchase, just not at that price. I'll wait until a boxset or thinpack comes out. Bandai, I've figured out how you work.

Wow, I didn't realize Eureka 7 was such a large series. 10 DVDs? Still, you should be able to get that for at least $50 at some point.

I'm really hoping (probably not going to happen), that some of these days have Geneon box sets for sale (for cheap). May they rest in peace...

[quote name='pete5883']Well its a Bandai series, I don't think it'll ever get cheaper than $9/disc.[/quote]
What Bandai series are you buying? Bandai has always been one of the cheapest publishers. You should be able to nab most "Anime Legends" collections for like $20.

Bandai box sets are always super-cheap, so I'm confident I can get the series for cheaper at some point next year. Bring on the next deal!

[quote name='Ndolger']Wow, I didn't realize Eureka 7 was such a large series. 10 DVDs? Still, you should be able to get that for at least $50 at some point.

I'm really hoping (probably not going to happen), that some of these days have Geneon box sets for sale (for cheap). May they rest in peace...

What Bandai series are you buying? Bandai has always been one of the cheapest publishers. You should be able to nab most "Anime Legends" collections for like $20.[/quote]

I'm certain he's referring to individual volumized releases. "Anime Legends" retail at the lower end of the spectrum anime price. I prefer the larger complete sets--a personal preference. I may or may not pick up this set; but compared to full retail price, this sale price is an absolute bargain.

And actually Eureka Seven actually has a total of fifty (50) episodes. If I have my facts correct there will be a total of 12 DVD discs. Volume 10 includes episodes 39 to 42.

Volume 11 is slated for a January 8, 2008 release (episodes: 43 - 46)
Volume 12 - to be announced. (episodes 47 - 50)

The following is simply a review of the series by an anime-planet forum member.
http://www.anime-planet.com/reviews/a295.html
http://www.anime-planet.com/anirec/1013.html

[quote name='pete5883']Can anyone recommend or dis-recommend Eureka Seven?[/quote]

I personally really enjoyed the series. The ending is a little... bizzare, but the series is still pretty solid.

i can recommend the series, but that is a bit steep for a set that will probably go down further eventually

I would like to take the time to point out that this series is probably like gundam and Gundam wing only RECENTLY got a cheap release at 50$ a box in two box sets, and the series are of about equal length (and keep in mind GW came out originally back in 2000), also I would like to point out that Gundam seed (the original) though having been out completely for over 2 years has not seen a cheap release. Do not hold your breath on giant robot series from bandai people, its not wise.

[quote name='Ndolger']What Bandai series are you buying? Bandai has always been one of the cheapest publishers. You should be able to nab most "Anime Legends" collections for like $20.[/QUOTE]
You're right, I only did a quick search for .hack//SIGN, whose collection is $150 MSRP for 6 discs. The Gundam SEED collection, while it is taking forever to come out, is a lot cheaper.

[quote name='pete5883']You're right, I only did a quick search for .hack//SIGN, whose collection is $150 MSRP for 6 discs. The Gundam SEED collection, while it is taking forever to come out, is a lot cheaper.[/quote]

Must have been a really quick search. There are 2-3 different .hack//sign sets including the anime legend one that sells for $30-45

I usually order 1-2 things from this sale although last year they had some insane stuff. I got this for $49.99
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/2bgQqGZHp4fCEKoMkw/browse/item/68731/4/0/0

and this for $22.49
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/2bgQqGZHp4fCEKoMkw/browse/item/69022/4/0/0

Well, that's true. Gundam has always remained on the high-end...more than likely just because it's Gundam. I've been waiting to pick up Seed for awhile now. I managed to get almost every Gundam Wing from BigLots!/Dollar General for $3 apiece though.

[quote name='Brian9824']Must have been a really quick search. There are 2-3 different .hack//sign sets including the anime legend one that sells for $30-45[/QUOTE]
Well the more expensive one is the only one on rightstuf's site.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Bandai box sets are always super-cheap, so I'm confident I can get the series for cheaper at some point next year. Bring on the next deal![/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I'll wait for a cheaper boxset in the future.

[quote name='Albinofury']pretty good price for a 51 ep bones series.[/quote] This isn't the full series. It's only the first 10 dvds. The remaining 2 aren't included since they haven't been released.

yeah 90 bucks for not a complete series is too much for me at the moment. A nice cheap item tomorrow would be nice.

Nothing yet, but maybe something good before it's over. I'd love a really good deal on the Samurai Champloo set, but that may be wishful thinking. ;)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I hope there's something that interests me this year.... I was looking forward to this sale for the past week or so. So far, nothing yet.[/QUOTE]What?! :shock:

Bitches looove Inuyasha. This is a fact... at least, I thought so. I was just talking to my girlfriend about the latest deal, and she said she likes Inuyasha but not enough to want to own it. I could have sworn I had boughten her the series on DVD (sans the movies), but apparently not. Only got her Rurouni Kenshin and Love Hina in the past. I guess ol' Inuyasha isn't as much of a heartthrob these days? :whistle2:?

[quote name='Javil']Bitches looove Inuyasha. This is a fact... at least, I thought so.[/QUOTE]
I can't decide whether I want to :lol: or :roll:

I likes the BOX & CD sound track. It worth extra $10 i guess !! Also, Regular box set is $30, Season 3 and Season 4 is $35 Each at local Walmart :)

[quote name='eau']Any pics of how the Inuyasha Movie Box Set look like and how the DVDs/CDs are stored inside?[/quote]
Check Amazon.com.

I have a separate fund for just tihs sale, just like I usually have for the two DD sales and the Criterion sale (unless something major something else I want comes up). So far it's been a so-so deal - yes it's a deal on the dvds and pretty good one until bandai releases a set, but not that great since it's not complete and I didn't care much for the show - and a pretty decent deal, though you might as well just spend the $10 more for the other boxset with the cds.

Hopefully something huge comes up during the 12 days or the subsequent extension of the 12 days like last year. i'm hoping for a deal on Ergo Proxy or would absolutely love, love some combo/deal on Gankutsuou - either on boxset or even on the individual releases. Other than those and hellsings, I haven't really seen that much anime from this year that either was interesting, merited a buy, I found good, etc. Kind of a slow year in anime I guess, but perhaps someone can throw up some recommendations for this year regardless.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I likes the BOX & CD sound track. It worth extra $10 i guess !! Also, Regular box set is $30, Season 3 and Season 4 is $35 Each at local Walmart :)[/quote]

I didn't even know that Walmart carried anime boxsets. The walmarts in my area carry regular tv show boxsets, but that section is always nearly empty or hardly stocked. Perhaps that's why I've missed seeing them or have passed over them. nifty to know that at least you can get some pretty good anime for relatively cheap.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I have a separate fund for just tihs sale, just like I usually have for the two DD sales and the Criterion sale (unless something major something else I want comes up). So far it's been a so-so deal - yes it's a deal on the dvds and pretty good one until bandai releases a set, but not that great since it's not complete and I didn't care much for the show - and a pretty decent deal, though you might as well just spend the $10 more for the other boxset with the cds.

Hopefully something huge comes up during the 12 days or the subsequent extension of the 12 days like last year. i'm hoping for a deal on Ergo Proxy or would absolutely love, love some combo/deal on Gankutsuou - either on boxset or even on the individual releases. Other than those and hellsings, I haven't really seen that much anime from this year that either was interesting, merited a buy, I found good, etc. Kind of a slow year in anime I guess, but perhaps someone can throw up some recommendations for this year regardless.[/quote]
What is this "extension' that you speak of? :bouncy:

Regarding Ergo Proxy and Gankutsuou, since I already have both sets including artboxes (with the exception of Ergo Vol. 5 and 6.), I'm hoping two available slots don't get taken with these titles. ;) Sorry.

Have you considered looking into:

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
Paranoia Agent
Black Heaven
Karas
Noein

[quote name='Javil']What?! :shock:

Bitches looove Inuyasha. This is a fact... at least, I thought so. I was just talking to my girlfriend about the latest deal, and she said she likes Inuyasha but not enough to want to own it. I could have sworn I had boughten her the series on DVD (sans the movies), but apparently not. Only got her Rurouni Kenshin and Love Hina in the past. I guess ol' Inuyasha isn't as much of a heartthrob these days? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]
:wall:
Do. Not. Want.

[quote name='Javil']What?! :shock:

Bitches looove Inuyasha. This is a fact... at least, I thought so. I was just talking to my girlfriend about the latest deal, and she said she likes Inuyasha but not enough to want to own it. I could have sworn I had boughten her the series on DVD (sans the movies), but apparently not. Only got her Rurouni Kenshin and Love Hina in the past. I guess ol' Inuyasha isn't as much of a heartthrob these days? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Pfft- Inu-Yasha got his bishonen days stretched out due to sliver hair and his evil brother, but no one cares about him anymore- these days it's all about the Ouran boys. Maybe Ichigo and Light if you're straight CN.

:lol:

i've been looking foward to this sale for a little while now after they had the 25 for 100 sale. Hope the coming days will have something more worthwhile.

[quote name='strawberryshortcake']What is this "extension' that you speak of? :bouncy:

Regarding Ergo Proxy and Gankutsuou, since I already have both sets including artboxes (with the exception of Ergo Vol. 5 and 6.), I'm hoping two available slots don't get taken with these titles. ;) Sorry.

Have you considered looking into:

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
Paranoia Agent
Black Heaven
Karas
Noein[/quote]

I love Paranoia Agent, but wasn't that last year? Haven't seen Karas but have heard mixed things from it and it sounds like they redid an old anime that they shouldn't have, ala Appleseed (blech, can't believe that I bought that one). I haven't seen Black Heaven or Noein, but am very interested in Beck. Beck sounds really really good.

I forgot to mention that I did enjoy Trinity Blood from this year, though most people seem to be very mixed about that show. I wouldn't mind a deal on that series.

Last thing, last year after the 12 days of christmas they had an extension that ran afterward. I forget what it was called, but it tied into the 12 days of christmas and actually had better items that the 12 days had had.

^Paranoia Agent certainly is an older series (I don't actually keep track of the actual release year), but thought I'd mention it seeing as how it's my ALL-time favorite anime. I netflixed Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad and it was indeed stellar. I currently have the Beck starter set and volume 2, 3 and 4 all new, awaiting volume 5.

I will have to look into Trinity Blood; not entirely thrilled about the animation based on sample clips. Seems like there was too many still/static frames.

Other Anime titlese to consider:
The Melancholy of Harushi Suzumiya
** (it's actually important to read some of the Amazon.com customer's review on this title)
Tekkon Kinkreet (movie)
Origin: Spirits of the Past (movie)
A Tree of Palme (movie)

**http://www.amazon.com/Melancholy-Ha..._bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1196837546&sr=8-4

Also understand that I grew up on Disney and American cartoons, and the transition to incorporate Japanese anime was a *task* The animation fluidity found in anime seems to be second rate comparatively. Personally I find it quite easy to simply buy *any* american cartoons released in the states and find total enjoyment.

Anime is a different story. Trying to find a title where static frames are trivial is a definite task. Youtube and Netflix is my next best friend for sample clips.

At this rate, I will likely pass on this christmas offering with the exception of possibly picking up day one's Eureka 7. Bring on day four NOW please. I guess I will have to netflix Inuyasha to determine its worth.

[quote name='Alien Spider']lol, it's conveniently priced $1 below the free shipping threshold. Well played, Right Stuf, well played. :\

I think I'll pass. Again. Next![/quote]
:D

Actually, I think it's $0.01 ( 1 penny ) below the free shipping threshold of $49

[quote name='WTK']Check Amazon.com.[/quote] Lame! A single digipak inside a wooden box. For a moment I though the wooden box houses the individual volumes plus the soundtrack CDs.

Thanks for the link though.

bread's done
Back