Dead Rising 2: Case Zero - Available Now

[quote name='ZForce915']I couldn't play this game past 5 minutes...I have a 4 year old daughter and I hated where the story was headed. So I didn't get to second one of gameplay :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

So you know Chuck can save his daughter, right? And also that she's only a videogame character and not a real person?

[quote name='eastx']So you know Chuck can save his daughter, right? And also that she's only a videogame character and not a real person?[/QUOTE]

It's tough to explain, but when I see a little girl on screen that is hurt and will presumably die because of her zombie bite I can't help but think of my daughter and that hits me in the pit of my stomach.

I know it's a played out term, but you wouldn't understand unless you were a (good) parent.

I do realize it's a game, but can't play it for those reasons. Do you realize that you're condescending?

I am also the parent of a little girl. It's just a matter of separating reality from fantasy. When I play Case Zero, I don't become Chuck Greene and his whiny daughter doesn't become my daughter.

But the point I was making is that she won't die if you complete your objectives. I mean, lots of games have people in peril who need rescuing, though I admit turning into a zombie is a worse threat than just getting shot or something.

You're welcome to feel how you feel, but I'm also free to think it's a silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n4styn4t3']+1.

I think the best part of this is that it's not part of the full game. If I decide I want to buy DR2, I don't have to play this part over again. That's one problem I usually have with demos of games I want to buy.[/QUOTE]

One reason I don't even bother with demo's anymore.

If this is the future of demos, I'm all for it.

[quote name='ZForce915']It's tough to explain, but when I see a little girl on screen that is hurt and will presumably die because of her zombie bite I can't help but think of my daughter and that hits me in the pit of my stomach.

I know it's a played out term, but you wouldn't understand unless you were a (good) parent.

I do realize it's a game, but can't play it for those reasons. Do you realize that you're condescending?[/QUOTE]
I think you're implying that only bad parents can play this game and separate fantasy and reality. That's a slippery slope. Are you saying everyone who played this game is not fit to be a parent to a young female child?

I think you're being absolutely ridiculous. That would be like me saying I can't play Halo because I don't think we should engage in combat with extra-terrestrial species and anyone who does is a bad denizen of the planet Earth.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']I think you're implying that only bad parents can play this game and separate fantasy and reality. That's a slippery slope. Are you saying everyone who played this game is not fit to be a parent to a young female child?

I think you're being absolutely ridiculous. That would be like me saying I can't play Halo because I don't think we should engage in combat with extra-terrestrial species and anyone who does is a bad denizen of the planet Earth.[/QUOTE]

Or like saying that you shouldn't watch Friday the 13th because that makes you think that your daughter will be killed by Jason Voorhees.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']God help your daughter if there is ever a zombie infection. You're not half the father Chuck Greene is.[/QUOTE]
This is my new favorite post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a ton of fun with Case Zero and is most defiantly worth the $5 and it left me wanting more. I'm going to try to pick up Dead Rising 2 some time next week. I had some fun with Dead Rising 1 and this seemed to fix a few of the annoying things I had with the first title. I didn't feel nearly as rushed in this as I did with the first game.

bread's done
Back