Dead Rising 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - Out now!

[quote name='62t']wont it is easier to sell the code instead of getting the game then having to ship it out (shipping will cost money)[/QUOTE]

Good point, I'll sell it for $15 if anyone on CAG wants it. If not, I'll talk to Amazon and try to get a $20 off coupon instead; unfortunately there is nothing I really want to buy until Gears of War 3.

EDIT: Sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started up my DR2 campaign over the Halloween weekend. I wanted to 200/200 Case Zero first. So far I'm really enjoying it. I like the improvements they've made to gameplay and graphics. Being a DR1 vet plus being able to import the save file from Case Zero helped tremendously.

Late to the party, I know, but I just got this from GF. Having fun with it so far. I am just doing the main storyline and trying to save as many people as I can, in order to level up. But I am looking at the achievements, and wow, there's a lot of stuff to collect and do in this game, especially considering you are still under a time limit. Has anyone here actually 1000'd this or came close? How'd you do it? Is there a guide or walkthrough to help you cram as much as you can into one playthrough?

There are guides but you don't have to do everything in one play through. A matter of fact; multiple play throughs are expected and encouraged. Don't let the confines of the story ruin the game for you.

I know it will take multiple playthroughs. There just seems to be so much stuff that, if one were to do separate playthroughs for everything, they would have to play the game a dozen times.

Thanks for the map. I realize you can do multiple things in a one playthrough. That's why I was asking if anyone had a guide that maybe gave a general idea of how to tackle a few things at once. For instance, I read that it would best to do the Zombrex posters achievement while tackling the storyline, because some of them are only accessible by opening up areas during the story.

So this morning I received the Zombrex Edition of Dead Rising 2. I'm really not into special/limited editions and I'm thinking about taking it back to Wal-Mart for an exchange for the regular edition and putting the difference towards something else. Thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

I would take it back if it were me, especially if you don't care for limited editions, and considering the Zombrex Edition is a pretty weak LE to begin with in my opinion.

I've decided I want to get all the achievements for DR2 and DR2:CW. If anyone would like to play some, I'm typically available to play after 10 pm central.. just add me on XBL: Dakkonn.

I have this on a rental and am on my second playthrough. Does anyone have a save file where they have used the bargain magazines trick? I would like to partner up to rack up some cash because the gambling trick is boring.

Picked up Case West when it was on sale for 400 last week, pretty satisfying purchase.

Anyone want to get Co-Op achievement? I have a save right at the last boss if anyone wants to do a quick an easy boss fight.

I've had this game on my backlog for too long. I'm still at the sarge towards the end of the game (6-3?), stuck at level 25 and not doing too well. Can anyone help sometime? I just want team up and beat the game one of these days.

With L.A Noire out, it'll be even longer till I beat it.

UGH I still need to beat this, I'm halfway through. My backlog is getting out of control. And I just ordered LA Noire.

DAMN YOU, CAG!

bread's done
Back