Dead Rising confirmed for Wii

[quote name='rocky435']If you've played re 4 before and more so on the wii; the game should still be fun and that goes for even if you haven't played it.
[/quote]

Or have a 360, which the point is moot here since "everyone" owns a 360 and has played this game.

I just want to point out that the Wii will hit a whole new demographic with a ton of more owners.

Granted it's not a complete port but for games coming out, it would make sense to do a Wii/360 on some titles.

I think the Bikini Zombies is a great example, but that's two different stories, not the same game.

What would be the thoughts of if they made it different? Say instead of a Mall, how about a massive hotel complex\estate or something?

I think making the same game is a bad move.

[quote name='xycury']Or have a 360, which the point is moot here since "everyone" owns a 360 and has played this game.

I just want to point out that the Wii will hit a whole new demographic with a ton of more owners.

I think making the same game is a bad move.[/quote]
I may be reading this wrong, but it seems like you are contradicting yourself. I know roughly 30 Wii owners and 10 360 owners. The overlap of those who own both is exactly one person. So for 29 of those 30, the game will definitely be new to them whether it is almost the same as (or even inferior to) the 360 version or not.

[quote name='The Crotch']I think the key, albeit poorly placed, word in xycury's post was "here".[/quote]
That could here be the case indeed.

I very much enjoyed this version.
It plays completely differently than the 360 version, so they can't really be compared. One is a free-roam game with strict time limits whereas the other is a more linear mission-based affair.

I think having the mall crowded with zombies wouldn't work with RE4 controls. You'd try to aim, but zombies would constantly be interrupting you for some real frustration. I love the RE 4 controls. The only thing I dislike about them is trying to turn. It's too slow for my tastes.

It's honestly a good game. It's just another enthusiast press knee-jerk reaction. I only bother reading previews now. ;)

bread's done
Back