Dead Rising in action

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wow... friggin badass.. the kid clothing and skateboard stole the show for me :lol:[/QUOTE]

And to think we are only 28 days away.

I can't wait to run through a zombie crowd with a chainsaw :drool:

[quote name='Sporadic']And to think we are only 28 days away.

I can't wait to run through a zombie crowd with a chainsaw :drool:[/QUOTE]

:lol: I still have to buy a 360 >_< ... I'll have one probably a week before this comes out though.

[quote name='seanr1221']21 days left! Does anyone else think that these look to be the best graphics on the 360 yet?[/QUOTE]

I second that. I personally think this is the first of all games to really show the 360's power. The character models look great, and it's complimented by great gameplay.

pulled this on gamefaqs... it's a quick rundown of basic info to know if you don't know already:

No Multipalyer

Time depends if you do missions or not. the more missions you do the more time you have.

50 acheivements. 20 points each.

Free Play is unlockable

Achievements:

kill 1000 zombies with your bare hands

kill 10,00 zombies

end acheivements

X360 only.

there are no ragdoll physics

there is a rumor of a videogame store which you can probally play some Capcom classics

this game is capable of showing 1000 zombies

You can change your clothes in the game.

There are 10 different endings depending on your actions

there are vehicles in the game (morticycles, bicycles, jeeps, convertibles)

there is a rumor of a movie theater where you can see trailers and such for capcoms upcoming games.

You earn prestiege points (PP) by taking pictures,doing missions, and killing zombies. PP are like experince in RPG's you gain levels or moves by using them.

There are two wings of the mall and a courtyard. To unlock extra areas you must do missions.

Also this game is free roaming so you don't have to do anything or you could do everything it is up to you.

Here's many of the weapons:

-TANKS
-Chainsaws
-Lawn trimmers
-Baseball bats (wood and metal)
-Hammers
-Garbage cans
-Benches
-Chairs
-Hangers
-Frying pans
-Shower heads
-Those weird lego head things
-Lightsabers
-Hedge Trimmers (like giant scissors)
-Electric Guitars (flying V, lespaul '60's it looks, fender stratocaster)
-All sorts of knives (duh)
-Barrels
-Katana
-Double egdged straight sword
-Firefighter axe (one sided blade)
-Battleaxe (double sided blade)
-M-16 or M4, there's some debate.
-Pistols (looks like a colt1911, glock18, p22
-Shotguns
-Rifles (like bolt action, snipers)
-Submachine guns
-Teddy bears
-Claymores (longer version of a double edged straight sword)
-Hockey sticks
-Soccer balls
-Basketballs
-Chairs
-Tables (i think)
-Other bodies
-Pies (blind 'em)
-Bottles
-All sorts of foods
-Bicycles
-Cars
-Trucks
-Poles (wooden and metal it seems)
-Potted plants (ferns, cactuses, etc...)
-Fire extinguisher
-Plates (like for eating)
-Run zombies over with skateboards
-Big punching gloves (Sok 'em Bok 'em style)
-Mega Man Blaster Gun or something...
-Bowling balls
-Motorcycles
-MATTOCK (you might think its a pickaxe but trust me, ive done yardwork. one side looks like the backside of a hammer, its a wedge without the spacing, and theres a thing narrow side that looks like a pickax's.)
-Mops/Brooms of course!
-Golf clubs and golf balls
-Sickles
-Giant gumball machine
-Buckets
-Some manican (a dummy that wears clothes and is put in shop windows)
-Toy Lightsaber

Here's other info (proving it's not 72 real time hours)

- there is 120 stores

- 260 items to pick up and use as weapons

- 72 hours (about 15 hours in real time).

-100 other human residents

- stronger zombies at night.

Some control info:

Controls:

Left stick = Move
Right stick = Move Camera
X = Attack
RT + X = Throw
LB/RB = Change item/weapon
Down on D-Pad = Discard item
Up on D-Pad = Use bare hands
Right stick click = N/A
Left stick click = N/A

Ive been really looking forward to this for a long time also. But i have a really strong feeling that Gamespot will give it a 7.4-7.9. Not that i care cause im buying it no matter what but the higher the score equals more poeple that will buy it and means the bigger chance we'll have a sequel in a whole entire town or somethin.

I was pretty down on this game for having no multiplayer, but its growing on me. Definatly going to try get this from Gamefly right when it comes out and maybe even keep it. I can actually see my girlfriend playing this as well.

Saw this over at SA.

Spotted this on xboxyde. Rough translation of some Japanese scans regarding the "infinity mode".

What I can understand about "Infinity Mode"

Rule1 : Normal time limit is now replaced to "starvation". If you getting hungry badly, your life meter will decrese.

Rule2 : Eating is only way to recover your health in Infinity Mode, You know there are tons of stores which hold foods, but this time, the amounts of foods are limited.
(It says "limited" but I think this means "won't respawn" in actual game.)
And other human survivors also want these foods, And fight against Frank with no hesitation, You have to win this survival race!

Rule3 : Compete how many days you could survive, It will be uploaded to Leaderboards via Live.

Interesting but I was really hoping we'd just get a normal infinity mode.

[quote name='Sporadic']Saw this over at SA.

Interesting but I was really hoping we'd just get a normal infinity mode.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure in the end there will be a cheat to counter this or at least an alternate free mode. At least you have reason to kill the other people now.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm sure in the end there will be a cheat to counter this or at least an alternate free mode. At least you have reason to kill the other people now.[/quote]

Yeah, but did you really need a reason? :twoguns::fridge::boxing::no:

[quote name='guessed']Yeah, but did you really need a reason? :twoguns::fridge::boxing::no:[/QUOTE]

no :lol:

well, i guess I should rephrase that and say it's necissary to kill them now for survival. Plus, I noticed there's alot of people over 50 dying in this game :)

I put $5 down it today. Normally I don't like preordering without a bonus but its Capcom so its kind of a crapshot as to how many units they'll be shipping initially. Now I know I'll get me a copy as soon as possible.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I put $5 down it today. Normally I don't like preordering without a bonus but its Capcom so its kind of a crapshot as to how many units they'll be shipping initially. Now I know I'll get me a copy as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]

Some places are offering the t-shirt (Sporadiac posted a picture in one thread) with a pre-order. Gamestop shipped my shirt last week.

[quote name='terribledeli']Some places are offering the t-shirt (Sporadiac posted a picture in one thread) with a pre-order. Gamestop shipped my shirt last week.[/QUOTE]

I thought the shirt was online only. Damn, that kinda sucks that I didn't get a shirt. Oh well it probably only comes in XLarge anyway so it would be too big to wear.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I thought the shirt was online only. Damn, that kinda sucks that I didn't get a shirt. Oh well it probably only comes in XLarge anyway so it would be too big to wear.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It was XL, and its really sorta goofy. I'm glad it wasn't another black one, but the tag line of "Chop till you drop" and the shopping cart just confused folks at work. I was asked why I was wearing a girl's shirt when I picked up my paycheck

[quote name='terribledeli']Yeah. It was XL, and its really sorta goofy. I'm glad it wasn't another black one, but the tag line of "Chop till you drop" and the shopping cart just confused folks at work. I was asked why I was wearing a girl's shirt when I picked up my paycheck[/QUOTE]

Hmm, yeah I'll pass on the shirt then even if it's free.

[quote name='terribledeli']Yeah. It was XL, and its really sorta goofy. I'm glad it wasn't another black one, but the tag line of "Chop till you drop" and the shopping cart just confused folks at work. I was asked why I was wearing a girl's shirt when I picked up my paycheck[/QUOTE]

:lol: why did they ask why it was a girl shirt when it was XL?

The shit is decent, but actually would've been cooler with just a pic of the shopping cart with no words... something more wearable then.

also, from the IGN hands-on the hornet bee thing sounds badass as well a the cult.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: why did they ask why it was a girl shirt when it was XL?

The shit is decent, but actually would've been cooler with just a pic of the shopping cart with no words... something more wearable then.

also, from the IGN hands-on the hornet bee thing sounds badass as well a the cult.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that they thought it said "Shop til' You Drop" at quick glance which would make it seem like a very feminine shirt regardless of the size.

Has anyone seen or heard about 1 video game store in the game. I been waiting for them to announce one but still I haven't heard anything other then a music store.

DeadRisingmall.jpg

[quote name='terribledeli']So where was these maps? Is there a big standee that has them? Or are they by the register?[/QUOTE]

I got mine from a standee, but if you don't see one ask an employee. Haha did anybody notice the shop called "Jill's Sandwiches" on the map?

bread's done
Back