*DEAD SALE* X-plorer Guitar $9.99 , Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Bundle $29.99

tridotslash

CAGiversary!
LATE UPDATE: All of the deals are now dead , ALSO , as a (long boring) side note ,

I personally ordered a X-plorer guitar for my 360 back in mid-December for 10 bucks , now i know the shipping price sucked , but other than that i had no problems with Red Octane.

Now i didn't know people had previous bad experiences with them so i decided it would be ok to post up some deals i found on their site , if you did happen to buy a guitar(s) from Red Octane i hope it all worked out , best of luck , laters

thanks Medium_Pimpin for the tip about the Aerosmith Bundle!

The 10 dollar X-plorer 360 guitar is a great deal for such a reliable guitar (i still use mine)

Also all guitars work for Rock Band 1 and 2 , and all Guitar Heros' on their console

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the PS3 guitar backwards-compatible with PS2 Guitar Hero titles? I mean, can I buy it and plug it into my PS2 and play GH3?

[quote name='darkwingduck13']Is the PS3 guitar backwards-compatible with PS2 Guitar Hero titles? I mean, can I buy it and plug it into my PS2 and play GH3?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, there is an adapter to go from PS2 to PS3.

There is no PS3 to PS2 adapter.

[quote name='opportunity777']As far as I know, there is an adapter to go from PS2 to PS3.

There is no PS3 to PS2 adapter.[/quote]

I'm not sure but they both do use usb adapters, so maybe?

If it's possible, it would be a must buy for me.

edit: guess not

I bought 2 of them!!! Still have 1 at home not even opened yet but I love these guitars and at $10 that can't be beat!!!

Great find! Thanks for the heads-up! Just ordered the 360 les paul to replace my wife's broken one. Good deal, came to $32.01 including the cheapest shipping method. Thanks again! :)

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']The Xbox 360 Aerosmith Bundle w/Wireless Guitar is only $30 +S/H[/quote]

I was wondering for those who have this or someone may just know. Is the guitar that comes with this bundle the same as the Les Paul guitar you can buy separately? I ask because I was looking at the description of the Aerosmith bundle and it says Guitar Hero Wireless Les Paul Guitar Controller* but they don't explain what the * is at the end of the guitar desc. If it is the Les Paul, then I'll just get the bundle instead of the guitar by itself. Thanks in advance

[quote name='Foo228']I'm not sure but they both do use usb adapters, so maybe?

If it's possible, it would be a must buy for me.

edit: guess not[/QUOTE]

The USB ports on the PS2 is crippled beyond hope.

The ports are practically useless.

[quote name='pdm76']I was wondering for those who have this or someone may just know. Is the guitar that comes with this bundle the same as the Les Paul guitar you can buy separately? I ask because I was looking at the description of the Aerosmith bundle and it says Guitar Hero Wireless Les Paul Guitar Controller* but they don't explain what the * is at the end of the guitar desc. If it is the Les Paul, then I'll just get the bundle instead of the guitar by itself. Thanks in advance[/quote]

Yeah, it's the same Les Paul controller you can get seperately or with
Guitar Hero 3. The * might just be because it comes with a special
Aerosmith faceplate instead of the normal black. I'm not sure.

Courtesy of DealNews and listed right on the site, there is a 5% off coupon code:

5OFF

Was going to order a $10 X-plorer since I was too stupid to pick one up at CC before they went under, but $8 shipping?? Lame.

Standard disclaimer - ordering from RedOctane BLOWS. Expect to wait forever to get the item, and you've got a 50-50 shot of them screwing it up.

[quote name='ninja dog']are these guitars "clicky"? I know Xplorer is, but what about the Wireless Les Paul for the 360?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the clickers can be removed if you are willing to void the warranty.

[quote name='jeremy517']Yes, but the clickers can be removed if you are willing to void the warranty.[/quote]

i think i might go try that out now......

[quote name='Ronin317']Standard disclaimer - ordering from RedOctane BLOWS. Expect to wait forever to get the item, and you've got a 50-50 shot of them screwing it up.[/quote]

I second that. Good luck with Red Octane if anyone orders from them. They had my 30 bucks for a month before refunding. They screwed up with their coupon code system and just about everyone who ordered from them got screwed over. :bomb:

[quote name='Ronin317']Standard disclaimer - ordering from RedOctane BLOWS. Expect to wait forever to get the item, and you've got a 50-50 shot of them screwing it up.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

You do not want to order anything from Red Octane. They WILL screw something up and they have NO customer support.

I did not know they were so sketchy to order from. I ordered two guitars yesterday morning and got the shipping notice and FedEx trackign number yesterday afternoon.....I'll update what happens but things appear to be on track.

[quote name='Tommymoe']I did not know they were so sketchy to order from. I ordered two guitars yesterday morning and got the shipping notice and FedEx trackign number yesterday afternoon.....I'll update what happens but things appear to be on track.[/quote]

Same here, I had no idea they were looked down upon so much for their online sales. That said, I ordered the wireless les paul for 25 back on Thursday, I also got the shipping notice and tracking information a few hours after placing the order. The guitar arrived today with no problems with shipping or billing (knock on wood.) Hope everyone else that ordered from them has the same experience I've had instead of the obviously bad experiences other folks have had. Good luck all.

There were quite a few people bashing RedOctane and hopefully nobody is being discouraged by that. I ordered two X-plorers on 1/29 and had a tracking number and notice of shipment by the evening and they arrived today (1/31) as estimated by the tracking. Got exactly what I ordered and they tested out just fine....anybody considering this do it!!!!

bread's done
Back