(DEAD) Shrek the Whole Story Quadrilogy Blu-ray Boxset - $30.36 + FS @ DeepDiscount

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:br: Shrek The Whole Story Quadrilogy (Blu-ray) Boxset

Save 25% off sale! Use promo code: 25more at checkout

Why Pay: $65.95?
Our Price: $40.48
Sale Price: $30.36 with code
You Save: $35.95
Tax: See Below*
Shipping: FREE

Release Date: December 7, 2010
UPC: 097360829747

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.c...oductID/5439BC1B-EEBE-4317-BC18-FED694CB87BD/

[quote name='Sales Tax']Orders shipped to the state of Illinois will be charged 7.75% sales tax. Orders shipped to the state of California will be charged 8.5% sales tax, with the exception of the following counties: San Bernadino - 9%; Orange - 9%; Los Angeles - 10%.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='knight19']Picked up one as well - saw this on slickdeals - just hope it ships.[/QUOTE]

I've had good experiences with deepdiscount. You should be fine. To bad I couldn't cancel my Amazon order, but good for people jumping on this.

What the hell? I add it to my cart, and when I try to put in the code or check out, it says there's nothing in my cart.

good deal but i think i should wait for the 3D versions to come out. i know they already have for the samsung exclusive kit. i hope they release it after the exclusive thing is over.

Thanks OP. Cancelled Amazon.
This will go nicely with my 3D set. which are not technically 1080p (because of how 3D has to double the image by using two 720 streams. Or something like that).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sancho1978']Thanks OP! Will make a nice Christmas gift for the wife.! :)[/QUOTE]

If you get it by Xmas. Based on experience with DD lately, I'm not so sure that will happen

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I'll gladly pay $10 extra to amazon than wait up to 3 months to get my order.[/QUOTE]Figuring they just shipped a movie on Friday that I ordered during Labor Day Weekend, it's worth getting it sometime before I'm dead.

Though, I did email Amazon on their "tell us about a lower price" link to the DD pricing. Maybe they'll drop the price to come close or to match it.

I was about to order it but its only a $5 for my order on Amazon since I got the Gold Box price, and since DD takes forever and can some times have backorder issues, I'd rather not risk it, I'll stick with my Amazon order.

[quote name='Pookymeister']If you get it by Xmas. Based on experience with DD lately, I'm not so sure that will happen[/QUOTE]

Yeah, hope they don't botch it. If I get it late, I get it late. (crosses fingers)

I don't trust Deep Discount anymore. I have two orders from the beginning of September that still haven't shipped. They used to be great but I guess they've fallen off over the past few years.

[quote name='Sancho1978']Yeah, hope they don't botch it. If I get it late, I get it late. (crosses fingers)[/QUOTE]

With the way they've been recently, I'd say you'll be lucky to get it before next Black Friday!

Think Amazon will match one of these prices ?

I did the "tell us about a lower price" bit.

[quote name='scum1']Think Amazon will match one of these prices ?

I did the "tell us about a lower price" bit.[/QUOTE]

Same here, let's hope!

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I don't trust Deep Discount anymore. I have two orders from the beginning of September that still haven't shipped. They used to be great but I guess they've fallen off over the past few years.[/QUOTE]

I still have one order from way back then that has yet to ship also but surprisingly one order I made in November I finally received just a few days ago and it looks like my order for my order for Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. for $15.99 (great price) is finally set to ship. Hopefully, they can get their act together and I'll give them a benefit of a doubt. Placed the order. Can always cancel later on if the order is not filled in a reasonable amount of time.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I'll gladly pay $10 extra to amazon than wait up to 3 months to get my order.[/QUOTE]

Yep...most of you that are expecting this for Christmas, beware. Once I ordered something from DD and it only took a week, then another it took 5. That was 5 weeks after I got a shipping confirmation, btw. My friend ordered from there around the same time and it took her 5 weeks also.

After reading all of this, I'm not gonna touch the offer at DD. Last time, only time, i used them was maybe a year+ ago, so I wouldn't have known otherwise.

For amazon, to tell us a different price...would they even consider the $30.36 since that total comes AFTER the 25% off coupon code?

[quote name='shrike4242']Everyone who has an Amazon order should go to the product page and click on the "tell us about a lower price" link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0046A9RMC/

You'd just enter in the URL for the item on DD, price, shipping cost and that's it. If enough people do it, we should be able to get Amazon to drop the price on the item.[/QUOTE]
Good idea. Sent my feedback to Amazon. I really don't want to give any business to DD.

[quote name='pk24']For amazon, to tell us a different price...would they even consider the $30.36 since that total comes AFTER the 25% off coupon code?[/QUOTE]

More likely they'd match the regular DD price -- which is $40.48, only one cent cheaper than what Amazon is already charging. Matching the coupon would mean matching not just the after-coupon price on this, but on lots of other items as well. I don't see them being willing to do that. That being said, I suppose it's worth a try anyway.

Personally, I think I'm going to order through DD, but pay using Google Checkout, so that if I have to dispute it I don't have to deal with them directly. I'm not really super hung up on getting this set right now, but if I can get it for this price I can't pass it up. If it takes a little while, no big deal, and if I don't get it at all, as long as Google makes sure that I get my money back I'm fine.

[quote name='spencerafg']Now it's $40.48 after the coupon code.[/QUOTE]Looks like they screwed up with the $30.36 price.

I'll be surprised if anyone's order at $30.36 goes through, since it should start shipping today or tomorrow with the release date being tomorrow.

[quote name='sdragon']I'd recommend every CAG member to steer clear of DeepDiscount.com
Click the link for details why.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they used to be top notch but now I don't hear anything except bad things about them. Oh well, Amazon is staying more competitive with deals these days anyway and because I'm a student I get the free prime upgrade for a year.

[quote name='Pookymeister']If you get it by Xmas. Based on experience with DD lately, I'm not so sure that will happen[/QUOTE]

Well, if he's talking about Christmas 2011 he *might* be ok.

This blows now I just want to cancel mine and buy it at Target...too bad this site doesn't let you cancel anything...waited for 40mins on hold for customer service today. This is totally not worth my time.

[quote name='arcane93']Eh, as I said, as long as they get it to me eventually, I don't really care.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
Also as long as they don't charge me until they send it, no big deal to me.
It's not like I can't watch them on DVD or DVR as well.

No big surprise, but my order is now listed as "backordered". I guess that's better than "cancelled", assuming they ship eventually.

bread's done
Back