(DEAD) Shrek the Whole Story Quadrilogy Blu-ray Boxset - $30.36 + FS @ DeepDiscount

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:br: Shrek The Whole Story Quadrilogy (Blu-ray) Boxset

Save 25% off sale! Use promo code: 25more at checkout

Why Pay: $65.95?
Our Price: $40.48
Sale Price: $30.36 with code
You Save: $35.95
Tax: See Below*
Shipping: FREE

Release Date: December 7, 2010
UPC: 097360829747

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.c...oductID/5439BC1B-EEBE-4317-BC18-FED694CB87BD/

[quote name='Sales Tax']Orders shipped to the state of Illinois will be charged 7.75% sales tax. Orders shipped to the state of California will be charged 8.5% sales tax, with the exception of the following counties: San Bernadino - 9%; Orange - 9%; Los Angeles - 10%.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
95 minutes on hold to talk to a real person.... amazingly inept customer service, got into a huge argument with the girl on the phone because while placing the order on my iphone, I clicked my mothers address in Texas as the billing address, though it had nothing to do with the card used. I wanted to cancel, and she told me I had to get someone from that address to cancel it... I threw out a couple F bombs, she talked to her manager and eventually it was cancelled... Whn I complained about the 95 minute wait, she spewed out the usual BS about it being such a big sale that phones were busy... It was never like that in the past I replied

...Immediately ordered from Amazon, set to be delivered tomorrow. I will never order from DD again. The Old 20% off sales were the stuff of legend... now no one cares about the 25% off sales, at least I dont. Amazon is so much better, my order of gummi apples arrived the other day with a small hole in the bag that allowed sugar to get all over. They overnighted another bag that day. I look forward to DD going out of business

I just got a shipping notice for mine. I almost bought this set at Borders today with there 50% off coupon for about $8 or so more I am glad I did not.

Just received my shipping notice as well. I don't mind the wait and I am definitely happy about the price. Saved a little less than $10 on the order and that makes my heart soar like a hawk (Little Big Man reference).

Hrm. Still "backordered" on mine, but I'm going to take the fact that others are getting shipping confirmations to be a good sign.

Update, one day later: Haven't gotten an email, but my Google Checkout info now lists a USPS tracking number. Less than two weeks since I ordered, not too bad really considering what I was expecting.

I'm glad CAGs are getting this at the reduced price, though with all the issues people have had with DD, I'd rather avoid them than deal with them.

Mine arrived today and everything looks right. I will be wary of buying anything else from them based on what people have said here but this was a very good deal.

My USPS tracking info is still giving me a "There is no record of this item." message two days after it has supposedly shipped, but I'm going to make the assumption for now that that one's on USPS. I really hate USPS shipping.

My odd situation is the order says 'Open' even though i got a confirmation e-mail of it shipping, and the charges on my card. If you did free shipping i shouldn't be having tracking though right?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']I want to buy death not volume 2 from deepdiscount
I guess I shouldn't now?[/QUOTE]

They are not as bad as people make them out to be. They will fill your order. The problem is that they will likely take 2 months to get it to you honestly, but if you aren't in a hurry there are some good deals to be found.

[quote name='dmdragon']They are not as bad as people make them out to be. They will fill your order. The problem is that they will likely take 2 months to get it to you honestly, but if you aren't in a hurry there are some good deals to be found.[/QUOTE]

Kudos for being another "dragon" on CAG, but the shipping is slow as heck (2-4 months sometimes), and when you have poor customer service, it really leaves a stain on the whole company.

Phone calls are over an hour, and get nothing accomplished, not being able to cancel ANY orders, items showing up as in stock when they are not, etc.

I was told my item shipped 3 different times by 3 different reps, when that was not true. That's just deceptive.

[quote name='sdragon']Kudos for being another "dragon" on CAG, but the shipping is slow as heck (2-4 months sometimes), and when you have poor customer service, it really leaves a stain on the whole company.

Phone calls are over an hour, and get nothing accomplished, not being able to cancel ANY orders, items showing up as in stock when they are not, etc.

I was told my item shipped 3 different times by 3 different reps, when that was not true. That's just deceptive.[/QUOTE]

eh, they've always fulfilled the orders. If you are not in a hurry and don't call them because you know it will be there eventually then it isn't so bad. I have never called them because i knew that would just upset me so I would just wait and eventually I always get it.

[quote name='dmdragon']eh, they've always fulfilled the orders. If you are not in a hurry and don't call them because you know it will be there eventually then it isn't so bad. I have never called them because i knew that would just upset me so I would just wait and eventually I always get it.[/QUOTE]

Haha . . . So today, I was checking my order status for my Shrek order (USPS still says "there is no record of this item", but that's not exactly unusual), when I looked at my Google Checkout history and realized that I had ordered a CD from Deep Discount back in May which I had never received. I had actually totally forgotten about it. It was still listed as backordered, but there hadn't been any updates in ages. So I called them -- according to the woman that I spoke to, the disc was still on backorder, so they still thought that they could get it. I told her that if they hadn't managed it in seven months, I didn't think they were going to, and to cancel the order and refund my money.* She said that a refund will be processed and should appear in the next few days -- we'll see what happens.

* Something of note -- Deep Discount says that they don't bill you until the item ships, however if you use Google Checkout, then Google will bill you right away. So if I hadn't noticed it and called, they'd have just been sitting on my money forever, apparently. Something to think about when selecting payment options, I guess.

[quote name='arcane93']

* Something of note -- Deep Discount says that they don't bill you until the item ships, however if you use Google Checkout, then Google will bill you right away. So if I hadn't noticed it and called, they'd have just been sitting on my money forever, apparently. Something to think about when selecting payment options, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I found that out the hard way as well...

Mine just arrived, even though USPS still lists the tracking number as "there is no record of this item." While I'm still certainly wary of doing business with Deep Discount (especially given the issue with the CD order that I mentioned a few posts ago), I have to say that I'm pleased enough with how this one went.

[quote name='arcane93']Mine just arrived, even though USPS still lists the tracking number as "there is no record of this item." While I'm still certainly wary of doing business with Deep Discount (especially given the issue with the CD order that I mentioned a few posts ago), I have to say that I'm pleased enough with how this one went.[/QUOTE]You could be evil and dispute the charge, saying the order never shipped since they have no tracking information for the order. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']You could be evil and dispute the charge, saying the order never shipped since they have no tracking information for the order. :D[/QUOTE]

Heh, nah, they got it to me, so I'm happy. :D Though I just checked again out of curiosity, and even a day after it was delivered, USPS still says they have "no record" of it. WTF, USPS?

So, it's being delivered by the post office? I still haven't gotten mine. :(

Hopefully it'll be here today!

Edit: Got it today! :)

Great deal, but I really don't see why they can't just include cheap tracking, etc. At least it showed, though! :)

[quote name='shrike4242']You could be evil and dispute the charge, saying the order never shipped since they have no tracking information for the order. :D[/QUOTE]

Businesses should always include tracking information...

[quote name='sdragon']Businesses should always include tracking information...[/QUOTE]

They did include a tracking number. As far as I can tell, it was USPS who dropped the ball by never actually having any tracking information associated with it.

Just got my Shrek Quad order yesterday along with 2 other orders I've made with them from previous months in the past week. Sounds like they're starting to get their house in order.

Just as long as I can save a couple of bucks, I'm willing to put up with their slow shipping.

Gotta give kudos to DDD for actually shipping this, but they did recently cancel my batman and matrix, but oh well you win some, you lose some. I will still try to order if they get great deals as I never have to have a movie right away and there is an off chance that it might ship.

[quote name='dmdragon']Gotta give kudos to DDD for actually shipping this, but they did recently cancel my batman and matrix, but oh well you win some, you lose some. I will still try to order if they get great deals as I never have to have a movie right away and there is an off chance that it might ship.[/QUOTE]

That's basically my take on it. I'll never order anything from them that I want right away, and I'll never order anything from them that I can get for the same price from somewhere else. For something with a really good price that I'm not in a hurry for (and not all that bothered if they cancel), though . . . eh, why not?

[quote name='arcane93']That's basically my take on it. I'll never order anything from them that I want right away, and I'll never order anything from them that I can get for the same price from somewhere else. For something with a really good price that I'm not in a hurry for (and not all that bothered if they cancel), though . . . eh, why not?[/QUOTE]

Very sad to see this as I used to LOVE DD when it was DDDVD all those years ago. How the mighty have fallen, I guess.

bread's done
Back