(dead) Sony PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset $50 at GAMESTOP B&M YMMV

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Saw this on SD and had not seen it on here yet great deal if you get lucky lots of reports of success so far

probably a part of that sony play days deal but it deserves a thread of its own http://us.playstation.com/playdays/?CMP=ps3news12202011&psu=4883718355281256495

"
A friend stopped by gamestop to get the headset, and it rang up $50.
Don't even bother calling, the worker didn't even know and grabbed the last one.

At B&M STORES Only and YMMV."

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, may be time to use 25,000 of my 27,000 rewards points for the $25 off coupon to snag this for $25.

GS doesn't do YMMV sales unless it's a promo like a district doing a B2G1. This is nationwide for now, thought it may be fixed soon.

Might want to add a ymmv to this one. It's a computer glitch that the employee is supposed to correct

[quote name='spug21']Might want to add a ymmv to this one. It's a computer glitch that the employee is supposed to correct[/QUOTE]

Lol, I had ymmv and someone told me it was not 3 post up.. Im getting mixed messages on this front im gonna leave it as is for now

[quote name='thetruth1983']I got shot down at 1 store but got 2 at the next. I advise anyone interested to snag one asap because I'm sure this will be fixed by morning.[/QUOTE]

I really dont think its a glitch the sony accessory sale in the link in the op says up to 50% off nation wide at retailers including gs

[quote name='bredbu']I really dont think its a glitch the sony accessory sale in the link in the op says up to 50% off nation wide at retailers including gs[/QUOTE]

Sony already listed all the prices on their blog. The sale price for the headset is just $10 off, $89.99. This is likely a mistake of some kind which is why it's not on gamestop.com and it's totally YMMV in store.

Went to two of my three gamestops, the first time it rang up for $49 but the clerk punched some buttons and changed it to $89, she then told me it was a price error. The second one didn't scan the thing and just said its $10 off, he then looked at a fax/memo to confirm and said it's $89.

There are 3 GameStop's in a 2 mile radius near me so I went to the closest and he rang it up as $49 but then talked with his co worker and he told him to go out back and call someone. Then the guy said there was a lot of confusion over this promotion. After he came out he said the in store discount was only $10 off.

So I went to the next closest and got it and when it rang up $49 the clerks face was pure puzzlement and he even told his co worker these are $50 off. They both stood there for a second but then just rang it up as usual so I got it for $49. I traded in Arkham City on PS3 for it and got $36.80 credit on it. So I paid only $15.69 for the headphones! lmao

Hmm i know the move bundle for deadmund's and sports championship is $79.99... But do you think the regular move bundle is 50% off too?

Just got back from GS and got a headset for 49.99 plus tax. The employees were all surprised, however they rang me up. Thanks for the heads up OP!

Snagged the last one at Woodfield Mall(sorry NW suburb CAGs), but Rolling Meadows said they had a couple. According to the cashier, the Sony thing is being acknowledged by GS B&M. G'luck!

I struck out at my East Coast GS... An assistant manager, was there showing a new hire how to ring it up. They explained it as a glitch on their (GS') part, that Sony had nothing to do with; so for those who got in, good times, sorry that I wasn't able to share in the spoils.

The glitch is still active in their system, and needs to be overridden by the clerk, so if you get a clerk who is easy going, then you're in luck. But an email has gone out company wide to all stores, it is just a matter of who has read it and followed through with the implementation of the corrections...

Blah, blah, blah... tldr GS glitch, get it while you can!

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Snagged the last one at Woodfield Mall(sorry NW suburb CAGs), but Rolling Meadows said they had a couple. According to the cashier, the Sony thing is being acknowledged by GS B&M. G'luck![/QUOTE]

Rolling Meadows has one less than they did. I saw 2 left on shelf.

Alright I went to my last GS in the mall and scored! Used credit of corse but mine didn't come with instructions. I assume I have to charge it first? Can you use it while it's charging?

Edit: these are nice, you can use while charging.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked one up for 49.99 plus tax .the stupid lady was like its 99.99 after I told her nicely to scan the price and insisted it was 99.99 luckily the man put her in her place and said "no the're on sale" I grabbed the second to last one

Damn by the time I can get to a GS tomorrow these will either be gone or the price will be fixed. Was really interested in these, damn work taking up all my time lately.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Weird how some GS are flat out denying the sale. The receipt shows the promo code: 12447. Maybe that's the Sony coupon code?[/QUOTE]

Just got denied. Employee said he got an email stating the 50% TIV promo was confused with the $10 promo and to not honor it. So my quest for a cheap upgraded headset over my x21s continues.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Is the reason they are selling for 49.99 because there is a new model coming out?[/QUOTE]
I doubt it since its a glitch at GS. Everywhere else is atleast $70

i went to my gamestop and the manager was like no im going to give it to you for 50. went to another gamestop and guy sold it to me for 50, but i had the motorstorm game that was on sale for 5 at best buy and traded it in. at the end i got it for 27 bucks. not bad

[quote name='drakma676']does anyone know how to get these to work with your tv so you can hear the tv and earphones.[/QUOTE]

I believe you change the settings in the XMB under wireless headset.

[quote name='drakma676']does anyone know how to get these to work with your tv so you can hear the tv and earphones.[/QUOTE]

Good question. Not sure if that's even possible. Most tvs I've seen have a audio out, but it's usually RCA. I would also like to know if this is at all possible!

If you would like to choose whether or not game and chat audio are played simultaneously on the headset, go to the "Accessory Settings" menu and locate the "Stereo Headset Audio Extension" tab. Press the
icn_btnx_color.gif
button.

If you would like to hear BOTH chat and game audio on your Wireless Stereo Headset, select the ON option and press the
icn_btnx_color.gif
button. If you ONLY want chat audio to play on the headset, select the OFF option and press the
icn_btnx_color.gif
button.

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2439

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Wait so GS is the only place that sold them for 49.99?[/QUOTE]
Yes. It seems like most people are selling them from $80-90. So 10-20% off

Target or Meijer might have had them for $70

But GS is deff a glitch

Yeah it's definitely a glitch.

There is suppose to a promotion where select Sony accessories are UP to 50% off, but the computer was just discounting all the Sony accessories 50% off.

The headset was suppose to be 10% off making it $89.99, while the sharpshooter for example was 50% off making it $19.99 instead of the normal $39.99 price.

This headset is definitely selling for $50 at Gamestop right now. My friend who works at a GS just bought one a while ago after I told him.

FYI, you can't output game audio to both the tv speakers and headset. It looks kinda goofy if you're playing rock band with these suckers on but there's nothing on the television.

Denied at Roseville, CA. Waited in a 20 minute line (never seen that before), and the guy knew about the price but claimed there was a memo from corporate that said to sell them for 89. He was being real weird about it. There are more GS that have them in stock but they're a bit further out, not sure if ill keep trying to have an employee try and be a company hero.

[quote name='htz']If you would like to choose whether or not game and chat audio are played simultaneously on the headset, go to the "Accessory Settings" menu and locate the "Stereo Headset Audio Extension" tab. Press the
icn_btnx_color.gif
button.

If you would like to hear BOTH chat and game audio on your Wireless Stereo Headset, select the ON option and press the
icn_btnx_color.gif
button. If you ONLY want chat audio to play on the headset, select the OFF option and press the
icn_btnx_color.gif
button.

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2439[/QUOTE]

Still only plays sound on just the tv or just the headset, not both. Thanks for the link though. Did anyone get it to work on both?

[quote name='Stimes']Still only plays sound on just the tv or just the headset, not both. Thanks for the link though. Did anyone get it to work on both?[/QUOTE]

Why would you want both you hardly hear anything with them on o.o

or maybe I'm just no getting what you're asking exactly..

Scored in Newark, DE just after 8:30pm! The employee looked quite surprised when the $49.99 "sale" price appeared on his monitor, but gave me no hassle whatsoever. :D

I don't know about him but my girlfriend watches me play and I use my headset at the same time. I keep the tv volume up so she can hear it too.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I don't know about him but my girlfriend watches me play and I use my headset at the same time. I keep the tv volume up so she can hear it too.[/QUOTE]

This is what I haven't been able to do.

[quote name='MrRosales']Why would you want both you hardly hear anything with them on o.o

or maybe I'm just no getting what you're asking exactly..[/QUOTE]
i play mw3 split screen online. thats why i wanted to use the headsets and the tv sound. works on turtle beaches, but cant get these headsets to work

bread's done
Back