(dead) Sony PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset $50 at GAMESTOP B&M YMMV

bredbu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Saw this on SD and had not seen it on here yet great deal if you get lucky lots of reports of success so far

probably a part of that sony play days deal but it deserves a thread of its own http://us.playstation.com/playdays/?CMP=ps3news12202011&psu=4883718355281256495

"
A friend stopped by gamestop to get the headset, and it rang up $50.
Don't even bother calling, the worker didn't even know and grabbed the last one.

At B&M STORES Only and YMMV."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Denied at Roseville, CA. Waited in a 20 minute line (never seen that before), and the guy knew about the price but claimed there was a memo from corporate that said to sell them for 89. He was being real weird about it. There are more GS that have them in stock but they're a bit further out, not sure if ill keep trying to have an employee try and be a company hero.[/QUOTE]

I can definitely see that happening. I went in around 8. I stopped by on my way to pick up an online order up at BB. There were two hanging up behind the counter. I asked for 1 and before the clerk could ring it up, my brother sent me a text wanting 1. So, I asked for the other 1 as well. The guy rang them up and then said, "Wow, this a really good deal. There is a special promotion going on right now. They're $49.99 each." I was like cool and gave him my PU number. After I paid, another associate came over and my clerk told him what the price was. The guy was like, "No way. I've been waiting for that to go on sale for months." Then he said, "You can't buy both of them because one was on reserve." I laughed and said, "Too late, I already have." He then said, "Well, you can't." I replied, "I don't think you understand. I already have." Then I walked out. That's GS employees for you.

I have two friends that work at a gamestop and one of them is a manager. Hopefully I can score a headset and also I heard that Sony 3D Glasses are on sale too.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I can definitely see that happening. I went in around 8. I stopped by on my way to pick up an online order up at BB. There were two hanging up behind the counter. I asked for 1 and before the clerk could ring it up, my brother sent me a text wanting 1. So, I asked for the other 1 as well. The guy rang them up and then said, "Wow, this a really good deal. There is a special promotion going on right now. They're $49.99 each." I was like cool and gave him my PU number. After I paid, another associate came over and my clerk told him what the price was. The guy was like, "No way. I've been waiting for that to go on sale for months." Then he said, "You can't buy both of them because one was on reserve." I laughed and said, "Too late, I already have." He then said, "Well, you can't." I replied, "I don't think you understand. I already have." Then I walked out. That's GS employees for you.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty funny.

Employee: "I want one...I called dibs when you weren't here and no one else knew it, so you can't buy both"
You: "I already bought them"
Employee: "No, you can't"
You: "I already did, look at my receipt"
Employee: "Return one!"
You: "Make me! Ha ha"
Employee: "If you don't I won't let you shop at GS anymore"
You: "Right because you control every GS in the country along with the website portion"
Employee: "No, but...I can make some calls"
You: "Go and do that and tell them it's because I bought something you wanted"
Employee: "Gah...I hate my life"

[quote name='Saix_XIII']That is pretty funny.

Employee: "I want one...I called dibs when you weren't here and no one else knew it, so you can't buy both"
You: "Right because you control every GS in the country along with the website portion"
Employee: "Gah...back to masturbating to Elena Fisher in my basemant while my mom makes me hot pockets "[/QUOTE]

Fixed

damn, I want these headphones....but I told myself I would never step foot in a gamestop ever again earlier this year (my word vs. my cheap ass-ness.... what a predicament)

Employee: "Gah...I hate my life"[/QUOTE]

lol I like the closing part of the reenactment :)

[quote name='nillarilla']damn, I want these headphones....but I told myself I would never step foot in a gamestop ever again earlier this year (my word vs. my cheap ass-ness.... what a predicament)[/QUOTE]

Well look at it like this, you are only stepping foot into GS to take advantage of their mistake. They may actually be losing money on this. So I think it still fits into your oath of never supporting GS again, since you would be hurting them.

Employee: "Gah...I hate my life"[/QUOTE]

I was waiting for some kind of ban remark, but it never came. I thought it was hilarious he had the audacity to act like that. I think what really pissed him off was my laughing at him and the very condescending tone I carried throughout the conversation. I'm sure some people would have given in, but not a CAG. :lol: Oh well, I'm sure he will go to another store and get one tomorrow.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Well look at it like this, you are only stepping foot into GS to take advantage of their mistake. They may actually be losing money on this. So I think it still fits into your oath of never supporting GS again, since you would be hurting them.[/QUOTE]

nice! looks like I'll be heading out to GS tomorrow lol

Maybe if he was nice about it I would have, but to basically demand you return it because he wants it, that just screams of someone who thinks because they work at a GS they are important.

Those are the GS employees I detest, the ones who think that GS is the best place to buy games and they hold the key to everyone gaming happiness.

Snagged one a couple of hours ago. The only thing I don't like about it is I can't adjust the audio volume without adjusting the mic volume.

Other than that it's superb and it's worth $50.

I work at GS, and I know the bad rap some of you get and I sure do feel bad. Wish every store was like ours.. We try and do our job, customer first. Sorry to anyone who has a bad experience though. I just hate some of the crap stores that bring the company down.

But, as a side note, no one told us that they were going on sale (at least at a corporate level) and I just decided to sticker the crap out of all the sony stuff on sale today. I am guessing most stores will just have it hanging up behind the cashwrap or in the back, so if you ask they will surely sell them to you.

The 3D glasses were on sale as well for anyone interested in some cheap 3D glasses that will work for any TV. They are $35, the Move controllers were on sale for 25, the nav controllers were on sale for 15. Regular BT was 25. Same with the camo one.

Had 3 people buy the $50.00 headset tonight, and I picked up a regular sony bluetooth for $25.00 when someone informed me of them. Super awesome deals at the store today.
I hope you don't judge the whole company because of your bad experience at 1 store. Although, I would understand as I probably would.

Edit -- To the dude that bought the Wireless headsets and had that terrible experience...

tellgamestop.com

Take the survey, please let them know what a jackhole he was. CSE is important in our rankings and this year was the most important to store #'s it has ever been.. Our DM always gets on our case when someone complains on there (whether it be from our store or a store in the district). But, truly, I hope you get better service. If he was my employee, he would be promoted to customer tomorrow with that service he gave you.

[quote name='Kristopher']I work at GS, and I know the bad rap some of you get and I sure do feel bad. Wish every store was like ours.. We try and do our job, customer first. Sorry to anyone who has a bad experience though. I just hate some of the crap stores that bring the company down.

But, as a side note, no one told us that they were going on sale (at least at a corporate level) and I just decided to sticker the crap out of all the sony stuff on sale today. I am guessing most stores will just have it hanging up behind the cashwrap or in the back, so if you ask they will surely sell them to you.

The 3D glasses were on sale as well for anyone interested in some cheap 3D glasses that will work for any TV. They are $35, the Move controllers were on sale for 25, the nav controllers were on sale for 15. Regular BT was 25. Same with the camo one.

Had 3 people buy the $50.00 headset tonight, and I picked up a regular sony bluetooth for $25.00 when someone informed me of them. Super awesome deals at the store today.
I hope you don't judge the whole company because of your bad experience at 1 store. Although, I would understand as I probably would.

Edit -- To the dude that bought the Wireless headsets and had that terrible experience...

tellgamestop.com

Take the survey, please let them know what a jackhole he was. CSE is important in our rankings and this year was the most important to store #'s it has ever been.. Our DM always gets on our case when someone complains on there (whether it be from our store or a store in the district). But, truly, I hope you get better service. If he was my employee, he would be promoted to customer tomorrow with that service he gave you.[/QUOTE]

Do you think it will work this am?

[quote name='bredbu']Anyone try today yet[/QUOTE]

Stores don't open for another 30 minutes. I have a meeting at 10 and enter I will be heading over. God I hope this works still I really need one!

Deal might be dead, their web page shows shipping only, no option for store pick up.A couple of more hours do I can go and verify.

If anyone finds out if they're still @ 50% off let me know. I've been calling and they're telling me the Play Days prices. I don't know if its that they're telling them from memory and not checking out in system.

Got my hopes up! Just discovered this deal today. I was even at a Gamestop yesterday. :whistle2:(

Didn't buy anything because the tiny store was packed full of customers there for the buy 2 get 1 free deal. They need to make these deals, especially buy 2 get 1 free last at least a week like in the past.

I know some people have this huge problem with gamestop and everything they stand for. But

1. I personally have never had a bad experience at one. I don't live in a huge city and that may be why but still.
2. They are kind of just doing their job
3. Yeah some prices aren't that great but alot of times their prices aren't really that bad
4. The case thing is irrelevant. Its not gamestops fault that people just bring in the disc. Its the same policy at BB but BB does not take nearly as many trade ins therefore its more common at GS.

I personally like Gamestop. The last problem I had was when I brought up a perfect case at the Dayton one and they gave me a generic case. They were busy so I ended up just going to my local one and the guy just let me exchange cases.

[quote name='Jdub_smooth']Deal dead in Springfield, Ohio. I hate Gamestop. It reeks of evil.[/QUOTE]
I was just about to head out there this morning but decided not to. Glad I did.

I still need to go but I'll just go to the Troy one as its closer

Once again, as someone who owns these, I want to stress that they are really good for the PS3, but things go south from there. If your HDTV does not have a USB with audio out, you're SOL. The same goes for a DVD player or Blu Ray player if your tv does not have an audio out.

I think they are worth 50, but I think that you'd probably be better served (if you are looking for an all inclusive set of ear phones) to spend more for more connectivity options. That's just my opinion though. If you are buying them strictly for the PS3, you'll be pleased.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I know some people have this huge problem with gamestop and everything they stand for. But

1. I personally have never had a bad experience at one. I don't live in a huge city and that may be why but still.
2. They are kind of just doing their job
3. Yeah some prices aren't that great but alot of times their prices aren't really that bad
4. The case thing is irrelevant. Its not gamestops fault that people just bring in the disc. Its the same policy at BB but BB does not take nearly as many trade ins therefore its more common at GS.

I personally like Gamestop. The last problem I had was when I brought up a perfect case at the Dayton one and they gave me a generic case. They were busy so I ended up just going to my local one and the guy just let me exchange cases.[/QUOTE]
I agree with this. I know this is off topic, but I personally love my Gamestop. I go in there a couple times a week and spend maybe 2-3 hours just shooting the shit with the manager and a few of the employees. I try to pre-order when I can and get in on some deals so they know I'm not just there to talk, but to help their business as well. I have never had a problem there that I can truly say makes me hate Gamestop.

[quote name='Kristopher']I work at GS, and I know the bad rap some of you get and I sure do feel bad. Wish every store was like ours.. We try and do our job, customer first. Sorry to anyone who has a bad experience though. I just hate some of the crap stores that bring the company down.

tellgamestop.com

Take the survey, please let them know what a jackhole he was. CSE is important in our rankings and this year was the most important to store #'s it has ever been.. Our DM always gets on our case when someone complains on there (whether it be from our store or a store in the district). But, truly, I hope you get better service. If he was my employee, he would be promoted to customer tomorrow with that service he gave you.[/QUOTE]

I apologize I should not make generalizations like that. It is not right and it is not fair. I'm sure there are many great GSs and many great GS employees. I normally do not shop there. From the few experiences I have had with my local GS, I made that generalized comment. I had another experience at the same GS that left me a little bitter. I tried to purchase the Black Ops Prestige bundle and the employee would not sell me the entire bundle. He said I could only purchase the game and the extras were not included. I believe the bundle had been placed on the used list. I guess the other stuff technically didn't come with it, but in my opinion he wanted it for himself. I didn't want to argue. I went back the next day to see if I could purchase it from a different employee, but it had conveniently disappeared. So, if I have anything negative to say in the future, I will make sure to not generalize.

[quote name='xxsirvtecxx']Well my gamestops here in milwaukee, wi! So I'm about to pick up my headset today[/QUOTE]

Um it's dead dude...

Got lucky and purchased one last night on my way to BB. Rang up no problem at 49.99, and contemplated buying the other set on the wall (called a few friends who I knew were in need of headsets) but none of my friends wanted in on the deal, their loss. I figure I can run a comparison against my Tritton AXPRO set, and if these are good enough I plan to use these on my bedroom system because they are wireless (and not have to keep moving my AXPROs between systems and find an open plug).

Glad I didn't pay $100 for these, yeah they look good and sound great while playing FPS but that's about it. I hate how it mutes your tv while in use and haven't got it to work on Netflix yet. Also I have a half dozen USB dongles sitting next to my ps3 now.

bread's done
Back