Dead Space $19.99 today at Amazon

If you've never played this game, and you don't buy it at this price... *shakes head*

I am disappoint.

Edit: I wonder if Amazon will send the Platinum Hits version for the 360?

anyone play Extraction on the Wii yet? is it necessary to play through this one to fully appreciate Extraction? b/c it sure looks intense for the Wii.

Damn I was about to order this yesterday with my last 3x ECA codes. I think it was 27.99, at 13.99 this is a MUST HAVE for me. Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='token2k6']anyone play Extraction on the Wii yet? is it necessary to play through this one to fully appreciate Extraction? b/c it sure looks intense for the Wii.[/QUOTE]
Since it takes place before Dead Space you wouldn't have a problem if you played Extraction first. But from what I hear you might appreciate some parts more if you haven't played Dead Space.

[quote name='token2k6']anyone play Extraction on the Wii yet? is it necessary to play through this one to fully appreciate Extraction? b/c it sure looks intense for the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Extraction is actually a prequel, so if I had to guess I would say that there are probably some nods (subtle or otherwise) to things that happen in Dead Space.

That said, if anyone out there hasn't played Dead Space, GET IT. Not quite as survival horror-esque as I'd hoped, but MUCH more so than Resident Evil 5.

Edit: Damn, beaten by seconds. :p

Playing through Extraction now -- I'd wager I'm past halfway through.

I'd say you don't -need- to have played through Dead Space to appreciate the title, but it does help. I've already revisited (it's an on-rails shooter, so perhaps more appropriate to say I've been made to revisit) several locations from Dead Space. It is neat to see how the locations have changed between the two games, and there are a few crossover characters.

I echo the general consensus of this thread: this game is worth far more than $20, and I wholeheartedly recommend it. Buy this game.

KB

[quote name='pete5883']Which is better, PS3 or 360 version?[/QUOTE]

I own both versions (yes, on both consoles, long story). Its absolutely the same; graphics, achievements/trophies, no true distinction I could find. Just buy the controller you prefer and there.

Back on topic, I just bought the 360 version last week at '$30' (came out to $21 after 3x ECA stacking, but still), damn it, knew I should have waited. Fantastic game, if you haven't bought it already get it, its better than RE5.

You know, I was gonna stop by GS and pick up Afro Samurai for $20...now I'm wondering if the $20 would be better spent with Dead Space...

And ECA + Free Shipping with no tax is always a plus as well

Holy cow this'll be GREAT for my Halloween gaming month! Bought a RB Mic stand I'd been eyeing too for free shipping, after ECA was 30 bucks for both. Great deal thanksOP!

it's never necessary to play a Wii game. :)

Is this really for today only, or is it a price-drop at Amazon? I want to pick it up, but am hoping to hold off for some trade-in credit first.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is this really for today only, or is it a price-drop at Amazon? I want to pick it up, but am hoping to hold off for some trade-in credit first.[/QUOTE]
same price at gamestop, looks like a universal price drop.

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']same price at gamestop, looks like a universal price drop.[/QUOTE]

Yep, looks like it. I'm guessing the used will go down to $17.99 or so? Might have to make a run to GS after all :lol:

In that case I'll look for a used copy at GS. I'm going there tonight for a tradein anyway. $17.16 after edge and 6% tax, and I'll have the credit for it. Perfect! I just need to find a complete copy.

EDIT: wait - used price is currently 24.99. :( Hopefully they change that before tonight.

[quote name='nightmare452']I own both versions (yes, on both consoles, long story). Its absolutely the same; graphics, achievements/trophies, no true distinction I could find. Just buy the controller you prefer and there.

Back on topic, I just bought the 360 version last week at '$30' (came out to $21 after 3x ECA stacking, but still), damn it, knew I should have waited. Fantastic game, if you haven't bought it already get it, its better than RE5.[/QUOTE]

I owned both (traded PS3 one away when I Platinumed it) and I own the 360 version now. He's basically right, except for load times. When you install Dead Space to the 360 HDD the install times are very minimal. The PS3 load times aren't bad at all, esp since it doesn't install to the HDD, but if load times matter to you the 360 one is a tad better.

I decided to bite, even if the universal drop is $20 now. For some reason amazon applied 2 eca codes for me (AGAIN) so I figured for $16 bucks it was worth it, plus I was buying some new studio headphones for my drums anyways, so I figured if I wanted any cheap items with free shipping, I'd buy them alongside.

Even more to play now in my backlog...FU cag =)

This game is so good, I'm tempted to pick up the PS3 version, even though I played the 360 version to death last year.

Worth the $20, easily. Go buy it!

I've wanted this for a while now, but with my backlog of games, I kept putting it off. At $20, I just had to bite. Also wound up tossing in the Williams Collection pinball for the $30 that they're selling it at now. I think for the first time, I'm actually glad the free super-saver shipping is as slow as it is, as it will at least give me a little more time to try and get caught up on a couple of my backlog titles before these get here. :p

This game is still worth $50 to $60. If you haven't played it already (and like Resident Evil 4 or 5 at all) then you owe it to yourself to get it. Easily one of my favorite games on this generations consoles.

I loved this game, but only discovered so after renting on day 1, rather than buy. Will not go cheap-ass and let them lose an early sale on any sequel for 360/PS3, guaranteed.

Will be picking this up myself soon, enough time has passed it should be fresh anew. But then I can recall a great deal of this memorable game as I'm typing.

one of my favorite new games, beat it like 5 times to get 1000 gamerscore. very fun and creepy at the same time

[quote name='joeboosauce']DAMNIT!!!! Its $20?!?!? I bought this for $30 last black friday!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]o noes! U had the game forever hahaha

Wow! at that price I'm thinking about buying a second copy. Game is absolutely fantastic. My only recommendation is to play it on the harder difficulty - there is much less ammo and it becomes increasingly more tense and desperate. I played through a second time and normal and all the extra ammo took away from the game a bit in my opinion. Just my two cents... either way you slice it the game is extraordinary

I'll be sure to throw it into my next order with Amazon, I've been wanting to play this game for awhile and $20 minus ECA is a pretty good price.

[quote name='skubish']Hasn't this been at this price at Target for months.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I always see it at $29.99 for the 360, and its the platinum hits. that's why I didn't jump on this, as another poster said, Amazon may ship out a PH copy, which would suck..

I got it at Target for $14.98. And you know what I did with it? I returned back to the store. I hated the demo. Than again third person shooters are not my thing.

I may get it eventually, there are a lot of games coming out that I want to get. Borderlands, COD:MW2, L4D2...

bread's done
Back