Dead Space $19.99 today at Amazon

I just did the Uncharted thing at BB with another pre-order (Forza 3) and it was free so the $5 off dead space should work at BB. I bought my Dead Space on Amazon for $16 after double ECA and pre-ordered Uncharted 2, got FSSS. It said it will ship around Oct 20th but I have such a backlog I don't care.

i think i am going to bite on this.
151l1259.jpg

Might get this from BB this week with a $10 off Reward Zone offer I earned earlier. The demo I played earlier was decent but not "great" (maybe because it was so short. Then again, I didn't like the RE5 demo either, and I LOVED RE4). As a survival horror fan, I'll definitely buy Dead Space anyway.

[quote name='sdcranford']I just did the Uncharted thing at BB with another pre-order (Forza 3) and it was free so the $5 off dead space should work at BB. I bought my Dead Space on Amazon for $16 after double ECA and pre-ordered Uncharted 2, got FSSS. It said it will ship around Oct 20th but I have such a backlog I don't care.[/QUOTE]
whats the uncharted thing?

I rented and beat this game when it came out and I'd still consider getting it at this price. It was a great game, and exceeded my expectations. Dead Space and the skate. franchise restored my faith in EA

I think I'm gonna order for pick up at Best Buy (for $19.99). I can't seem to do that right now, though (the Store Finder on Best Buy's website appears to be on the fritz). hopefully i can place the order at a later time. but I may get it with some other DS titles from TRU in the B2G1 sale starting Sunday (10/11). Republic Heroes DS (release date 10/06/09) is $30, and Dead Space XBox is $30. Effective price at TRU would be $20 (if price doesn't drop at TRU) -- of course it might be $40 at TRU on Sunday, also.

Hmmm...

I need to get BioShock, too.

And $30 at TRU = $20 after B2G1 from 10/11 to 10/17

I guess I could do a lot worse.

Gahh I just missed it from being in stock and sold by Amazon again. Someone pulled me away from my desk right before I pulled the trigger and it was no longer in stock and available to be shipped in a day or two. Now it says ETA October 21 - 23.

I'll probably just skip the ECA discount and go to Best Buy tonight to pick it up...don't know if saving the extra 10% is worth the wait lol :)

Bumping this back up since it's 18.49 (ships in 10-14 days). Anyone get theirs and can confirm if they are shipping Platinum Hits versions?

[quote name='confoosious']they sent me PH[/QUOTE]

Same here. Sounds like a good game though and I just finished up Ghostbusters, so I'm looking forward to it.

Well my delivery estimate isn't for awhile, but it will be a few days before my birthday. So I guess it's a present to myself. Is the content in the PH any different than the regular version, or it just the silver case?

Wow. $18.49. $16.64 after ECA, and free shipping since I have Prime. Hard to resist, but I should wait since I've got Bioshock coming from goozex and if I'm going to get this game I should wait for a trade-in to arrive and be credited at amazon first. Of course the price could go back up to $19.99 by then. Hmmm....

EDIT: it occurs to me that in 10-14 days I ought to have my trade-in credit. Does anyone know if they will apply credit to an order that has been placed before you had that credit? If so I'll just go ahead an order it now....

[quote name='crunchewy']Wow. $18.49. $16.64 after ECA, and free shipping since I have Prime. Hard to resist, but I should wait since I've got Bioshock coming from goozex and if I'm going to get this game I should wait for a trade-in to arrive and be credited at amazon first. Of course the price could go back up to $19.99 by then. Hmmm....

EDIT: it occurs to me that in 10-14 days I ought to have my trade-in credit. Does anyone know if they will apply credit to an order that has been placed before you had that credit? If so I'll just go ahead an order it now....[/QUOTE]

If the item has not shipped or entered the shipping stage, then you can apply a gift balance to your order

May have been mentioned but I don't have time to dig through for it right now. GS recently seperated their in store and online prices. It is 17.99 used IN STORE ONLY now.

Thanks. I went ahead and placed my order. $16.64 shipped is just too hard to pass up. Hopefully my trade-in credit does show up before it ships, but if not it's not a huge deal. I didn't want to miss out on this price....

[quote name='hobbie8046']May have been mentioned but I don't have time to dig through for it right now. GS recently seperated their in store and online prices. It is 17.99 used IN STORE ONLY now.[/QUOTE]

And unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to see what the in-store price is for a game, unless I'm missing something.

Haha you know, I got side tracked and decided to pick up Tales of Vesperia for $18 shipped.

Deadspace will be next weeks purchase :)

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']If 15 bucks is too much to buy, but 8-9 bucks for a week's rental is good, then I don't follow that line of thinking. This is a great game and great games are always good to come back to after a long time not being played. You can always sell it and likely end up spending less than you would have to just rent it for a week.[/QUOTE]

or you can pay $16 for 1 month of GameFly and the game can be beat in 1-2 wks

Anybody on the fence for this game, if you're even slightly interested in getting the crap scared out of you CONSTANTLY then you need to get this game. I've only played the first chapter and a half, and I'm utterly freaked out. If you play with the lights off and the volume up you'll love this game. It's incredibly worth $20!

[quote name='ohboy10451']or you can pay $16 for 1 month of GameFly and the game can be beat in 1-2 wks[/QUOTE]

You can't ever get any of that gamefly money back, buddy. IMO, gamefly sucks. I've tried it a couple different times and didn't think it was worth it. Really hard to get newer games and it took 3-4 days to get a game and 3-4 days to send one back. Nothing like getting a jacked up copy that won't play, then have to send it back and play the waiting game for another copy. Thumbs down from this cat.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']You can't ever get any of that gamefly money back, buddy. IMO, gamefly sucks. I've tried it a couple different times and didn't think it was worth it. Really hard to get newer games and it took 3-4 days to get a game and 3-4 days to send one back. Nothing like getting a jacked up copy that won't play, then have to send it back and play the waiting game for another copy. Thumbs down from this cat.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Blockbuster near you. Try their all access pass. 22.99 gets you 1 movie or game out at a time. It's definitely worth it. I beat Batman, Dirt 2, NFS Shift, Red Faction Guerrilla, and Wolfenstein all on one pass.

[quote name='RatedRSuperstar']If you have a Blockbuster near you. Try their all access pass. 22.99 gets you 1 movie or game out at a time. It's definitely worth it. I beat Batman, Dirt 2, NFS Shift, Red Faction Guerrilla, and Wolfenstein all on one pass.[/QUOTE]

I've done that also. Blockbuster jacked up the price a couple years ago, so I ditched the plan. I hate racing through games because I'm "on the clock" so to speak. I'm married with 3 little kids, so my time playing is limited and I don't want to feel rushed into playing a game. Buy at a bargain price, then sell on craigslist or ebay at my leisure for what a lot of times amounts to getting my money back or even making a little money. Plus there are some games I just want to have in my collection to go back to anytime I feel like it.

bread's done
Back