Dead Space 2 $9.99 Preowned PS3/360 @ Best Buy

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $9.99 Preowned

:360: Dead Space 2 $9.99 Preowned

The 10% off for Best Buy Reward Zone Gamers Unlocked should show online if you are profiled correctly to bring the price down to $8.99. I have ordered 6 preowned games from Best Buy in the last month & they all have come complete with box and instructions....
Price is good both in-store and online. The game will also combo with the @Gamer 30% coupon this month. Using this along with a Gamers Unlocked membership with coupon will bring the price down to $5.99.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']The PS3 Version comes with Dead Space Extraction if you get the Limited Edition copy. Adds more value to your purchase! :)[/QUOTE]

I have an extra LE code for PS3. If you jump on this pm me I will trade for a PSN card or shoot me an offer!

These will most likely not come with this code.

[quote name='WV Matsui']I have an extra LE code for PS3. If you jump on this pm me I will trade for a PSN card or shoot me an offer!

These will most likely not come with this code.[/QUOTE]

You don't need a code for Extraction, it is on the disk. There is the EA online code though, which these will surely not have.

If this had shipping, I would of been all over this :(. Oh well, great deal especially for PS3 users who have all the Move stuff. I played Extraction for the Wii, I thought it was boring as hell compared to other rail shooters like Resident Evil/House of the Dead but somehow people loved the hell out of it. Now that I have the Move, I really need to pick this game up again along with the DLC.

Are the online used deals also in-store? I have never bought a used game from BB but I have one of those 30% coupons they mailed out to unlocked members and this would be an even greater deal if I could apply that.

Someone said that the Collector's Edition got marked "used" in Gamestops system. Does that mean if I buy that (mine has a PS3 version sitting on the shelf) even though it is stickered as "new" that it'll ring up at $9.99?

[quote name='GBAstar']Someone said that the Collector's Edition got marked "used" in Gamestops system. Does that mean if I buy that (mine has a PS3 version sitting on the shelf) even though it is stickered as "new" that it'll ring up at $9.99?[/QUOTE]

Probably not since this specific deal is at Best Buy. According to Gamestop's website, their used price is $24.99.

If you are willing to gamble, you can wait until the Gamefly end of year sale on 12/21 (I think). I got the limited edition of DS2 a few weeks ago and it had the online code and Extraction.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Probably not since this specific deal is at Best Buy. According to Gamestop's website, their used price is $24.99.[/QUOTE]

I'm an idiot. I may need more coffee to get through the day. Thank you for pointing out the should be obvious to me.

[quote name='Glasscocked']This months gamer mag has a 30% off used games coupon too for what its worth.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm if this is in-store as well?

FYI, used games are part of the B2G1 deal so if you have 2 other games in this range you want might as well get one free.

Edit: You can combine used and new games also for the B2G1.

[quote name='cancerman1120']FYI, used games are part of the B2G1 deal so if you have 2 other games in this range you want might as well get one free.

Edit: You can combine used and new games also for the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

Yes. But this game is 9.99 and as such is excluded because it is games $29.99 or above

Unless you want to use your @gamer coupon

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Yes. But this game is 9.99 and as such is excluded because it is games $29.99 or above

Unless you want to use your @gamer coupon[/QUOTE]

:drool: Never roll out of bed and make a comment first thing in the morning. Yeah I completely spaced it on that one...sorry.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Can anyone confirm if this is in-store as well?[/QUOTE]

$9.99 every day in store and online. Hit or miss a little on if the actual game price sticker is right but it will be $9.99 at the register.

Great deal. I've never played Dead Space 2 but I bought this a while back for $10 used and it looks great on top of my stack of unplayed games.

[quote name='cancerman1120']:drool: Never roll out of bed and make a comment first thing in the morning. Yeah I completely spaced it on that one...sorry.[/QUOTE]

No problem I did the exact same thing. I actually went to order this and 2 dukes and wondered why in the world I was paying $20 instead of $15. Then it hit me.

I got a friend of mine a 360 copy from gamefly when it went on sale, but a week later he said his 2nd disc would freeze during gameplay so this is good time to grab again. I bought this new for $20 at sears but still haven't gotten to it in backlog.

[quote name='dc delta90']$9.99 every day in store and online. Hit or miss a little on if the actual game price sticker is right but it will be $9.99 at the register.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Yes. But this game is 9.99 and as such is excluded because it is games $29.99 or above

Unless you want to use your @gamer coupon[/QUOTE]

I picked up Mario Kart 7, Star Fox 64, Skyward Sword, and DS2...DS2 was the free one. I had to have her cancel out the transaction because I wanted MK7 to be the free one, lol.

Thanks OP!! ordered for instore pickup this has been on my want list and I have just been waiting for $12 or lower.

Good game and the multiplayer is actually kind of fun (although I doubt the code will be unused). Used my code for a new copy when I had it before, somewhat tempted to pick this back up at this price...

[quote name='Javery']Great deal. I've never played Dead Space 2 but I bought this a while back for $10 used and it looks great on top of my stack of unplayed games.[/QUOTE]

HA! I have the same problem. In my case, I got the LE of DS2 from BB a while back during a sale. Man, that is a great game... I think. I know the box sure is shiny. I expect to know more when I get around to opening it in 5 years to play it on the Playstation Quad.

[quote name='kramer0731']HA! I have the same problem. In my case, I got the LE of DS2 from BB a while back during a sale. Man, that is a great game... I think. I know the box sure is shiny. I expect to know more when I get around to opening it in 5 years to play it on the Playstation Quad.[/QUOTE]

LMAO this is my backlog too. I don't know why I keep buying games when by the time I get around to them they will be $2 at gamestop because like you said the ps4 will be out.

[quote name='mr_bungle']is extraction worth it with a Move? If so I'm picking this bad boy up[/QUOTE]hell yeah, great rail shooter.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Are the online used deals also in-store? I have never bought a used game from BB but I have one of those 30% coupons they mailed out to unlocked members and this would be an even greater deal if I could apply that.[/QUOTE]ALL BB deals are both in-store & online UNLESS it specfically states "online only" or "in-store only"

[quote name='chriscolbert']Can anyone confirm if this is in-store as well?[/QUOTE]^^^

So for those of you that bought it (all the stores near me are out of stock), I was just curious what kind of condition the game disc is in. Very beat up, minor scratches, or like?

[quote name='robbrism']So for those of you that bought it (all the stores near me are out of stock), I was just curious what kind of condition the game disc is in. Very beat up, minor scratches, or like?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy sends their used stock out for the disc to be resurfaced and to have the game resealed as well before having the game sent out back to the store for sale as used. So you should be safe in obtaining a clean disc at least....

[quote name='Javery']Great deal. I've never played Dead Space 2 but I bought this a while back for $10 used and it looks great on top of my stack of unplayed games.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I can give that same feedback as well. Once I open up my sealed copies of Alan Wake, Castlevania, and Enslaved and get through those, I'll tell ya how Dead Space 2 is.

[quote name='Newl']*online pass

+$10[/QUOTE]

no, this is primarily a single player game. while the online is fun to play, it felt a bit tacked on and is definitely not a selling point for this game by any means. the single player is excellent though and easily worth the $10, and even better if you can get the ps3 copy with extraction.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']no, this is primarily a single player game. while the online is fun to play, it felt a bit tacked on and is definitely not a selling point for this game by any means. the single player is excellent though and easily worth the $10, and even better if you can get the ps3 copy with extraction.[/QUOTE]EA wants DS to sell like Uncharted so they're "expanding" the DS universe. We'll probably see a DS "flight" game, "Uncharted style" game & FPS. I'd rather them focus on core gameplay & continue to improve the game thru more tension, difficulty, unique creatures & weapons. Don't want DS to become the "new" RE.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310025

Also, this is $15 new @ PC Richards or $10 as part of the 3 games for $30 deal
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301793

I have a PS3 online LE pass which will include extraction.

Looking to trade

PM me if you are interested

[quote name='Enuf']EA wants DS to sell like Uncharted so they're "expanding" the DS universe. We'll probably see a DS "flight" game, "Uncharted style" game & FPS. I'd rather them focus on core gameplay & continue to improve the game thru more tension, difficulty, unique creatures & weapons. Don't want DS to become the "new" RE.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310025

Also, this is $15 new @ PC Richards or $10 as part of the 3 games for $30 deal
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301793[/QUOTE]

Yeah I heard about that, I actually think both ideas could work... but hope they focus mainly on Dead Space 3 and just work on those projects on the side (the flight game could be a PSN/XBLA sort of game? orr that could even be a neat addition to Dead Space 3, like an extra mode) or even have complete separate teams/studios work on them.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']

The 10% off for Best Buy Reward Zone Gamers Unlocked should show online if you are profiled correctly![/QUOTE]

What does this mean and how do you do it? Is it free?

[quote name='WV Matsui']I have a PS3 online LE pass which will include extraction.

Looking to trade

PM me if you are interested[/QUOTE]

Online pass does NOT include Extraction. The disc has Extraction, the pass has nothing to do with it. This isn't Alice.

[quote name='robbrism']What does this mean and how do you do it? Is it free?[/QUOTE]

It's Best Buy's version of (Gamestop's) Power Up card. You buy an @Gamer magazine subscription for $14.99 at Best Buy; in addition to the magazine, you get 10% off used games and 10% more value when you trade in games. The magazine also comes with six coupons each issue.

In my frank opinion, you should subscribe. If you pay attention to any of the Best Buy threads here - and lately there have been several - you'll hear a lot of CAGs lamenting that they should have subscribed earlier (I'm one of them since I spent $100+ on used games during the Black Friday weekend and it would've paid for itself). Best Buy has been having some good daily deals, and by many accounts, they beat out Amazon with better deals on Black Friday. The year is not over yet and you should be salivating for what deals the holidays will bring. BestBuy.com already offers free shipping on all items until Christmas.

bread's done
Back