Dead Space Ignition - Free w/ Pre-order of Dead Space 2

Tgebbs

CAGiversary!
Dead Space - Ignition hits PSN Oct. 12th and XBL Oct. 13th, it's basically a motion comic with three mini games in it, but it's a prequel to Dead Space 2 (with four unique endings!), and if you complete it you unlock a new outfit for Dead Space 2, the 'Hacker Suit.'

Now Ignition is set to be $4.99 or 400 MS Points, but as the Playstation blog just announced, it's going to be free for anyone who pre-orders Dead Space 2. Amazon, the EA store, and Gamestop will email / print out on the receipt a unique code for you to redeem at http://www.dsignition.com/ which then will give you a unique download code for Dead Space Ignition on your platform of choice.

Dead Space's Facebook page confirmed this deal is applicable to both platforms, sorry for the confusion. - Thanks Crimzun Wolf

As
kidrocklive points out, Dead Space's website lists Amazon and GameStop as their retail partners, so expect at least those two, and EA's store is also a likely candidate.

Producer of Dead Space 2, Rich Briggs, has also responded to a few posts on the PSblog, giving details of "but if you already pre-ordered there will be a rave card with a code on it waiting for you, provided that the retailer is participating in the program." I'm not sure what to think about this, this isn't even applicable to Amazon first off, and GameStop seems to have done away with the voucher cards, and uses codes printed out on receipts of games lately.

This promotion is also bound to the UK. An EA-UK press release just said that GAME and Gamestation will be the participating retailers there.

Will update when more info is available.

Here's a picture of the Hacker Suit unlock.

5070971704_9c38496978_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll preorder when they start printing the codes for it, thanks for the heads up. I also remember hearing before that the PS3 version comes with a port of extraction. Is that only for preorders too?

[quote name='Green Card200']I'll preorder when they start printing the codes for it, thanks for the heads up. I also remember hearing before that the PS3 version comes with a port of extraction. Is that only for preorders too?[/QUOTE]

No, all PS3 copies will be the "Limited Edition" I believe and will have Extraction on the disc. I don't think that version will be around forever though, sort of like how Bad Company 2 had an LE initially.

[quote name='Green Card200']I'll preorder when they start printing the codes for it, thanks for the heads up. I also remember hearing before that the PS3 version comes with a port of extraction. Is that only for preorders too?[/QUOTE]

No, it will just be part of the Limited Edition I believe. Which will be the only edition at the game's launch, as per usual with EA Limited Editions. Although, if you miss out and don't get a LE, extraction will be on the PSN Store eventually, for a price.

Edit: i'm slow.

I have looked everywhere to see which retailers, no luck yet. Called amazon, and they said they would get back to me... So ?? anyone know which retailers?

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']I have looked everywhere to see which retailers, no luck yet. Called amazon, and they said they would get back to me... So ?? anyone know which retailers?[/QUOTE]

No, we all have the same resources as you dude.

Hopefully it'll apply to the 360 version (and at Amazon in general) as well. Pre-ordered it back in December for $49.25 and was going to buy it as part of their current buy 2400 points get 800 back promo.

I think it'll be on the XBL as well. That PS Blog post didn't mention any sort of exclusivity for the PS3. They wouldn't really have any reason to make it exclusive as they do with Extraction

[quote name='Sway']Hopefully it'll apply to the 360 version (and at Amazon in general) as well. Pre-ordered it back in December for $49.25 and was going to buy it as part of their current buy 2400 points get 800 back promo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got the preorder for this price as well (PS3), so I'm hoping that I'll be seeing an e-mail in my box in the next day or so. Was going to buy this anyway, so getting for free would be even better!

Considering Dead Space's Website says "retail partner" for gamestop and Amazon, I'd assume you'd get it from either of those places in addition the actual EA store.

Well that settles that, now I have to pre order this damn game. Loved the first and can't wait to play the second along with this prequel and extraction!

[quote name='darknight88']DS2 with the 50% off ea Store coupon I got from MoH = Win!!!

So far Im getting the game+Extraction+Ignition for $30. Muhahahaha[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here, cept I just pre-ordered it from amazon and got it for $35 with Prime 2 day shipping. Ordered it like....6 months or so ago if not more. It really is a great deal for PS3 owners, even at $60 you get $25 or so worth of stuff for free.

[quote name='darknight88']DS2 with the 50% off ea Store coupon I got from MoH = Win!!!

So far Im getting the game+Extraction+Ignition for $30. Muhahahaha[/QUOTE]

What was this coupon? Was there a glitch or something?

[quote name='wrencrest']What was this coupon? Was there a glitch or something?[/QUOTE]

Basically EA, i think, removed some DLC preorder bonus from MoH preorder on PS3/360, so those who had it preordered from way back, got a 50% coupon off from cart. So you could add all the games you wanted and every single one got slashed to 50%!!! I saved like ~$160 lol. Some others ordered like 10 games, 2 of each copy...haha.

This is also coming to Europe, and there's more info on that apparently. GAME and Gamestation will be the participating retailers in Europe. So good news for Euro gamers for once, usually things like this get overlooked and only come to the states.

I have it pre-ordered at the EA store...I hope I get a code. Also, my guess is that the code will be available at time of pick up, which sucks if it is since the game comes out this week.

Here is more info from the playstation blog.

1) If you already pre-ordered DS2, you can pick up a rave card with a code from the retailer, as long as they are participating in the program. If you pre-ordered online, then the code will be emailed to you.
2) The pre-order program and Ignition are both available in Canada. Codes should be arriving this week.
3) With respect to the timing, we needed to wait until all of the elements, such as the codes, were in place before announcing this.
4) The program is available as long as the rave cards last. We want everyone to be able to take advantage of this, so we printed a lot, but don’t wait too long!
This is a new program for us, and we’re very excited. The key thing to remember is that this is available to everyone, not just those who pre-order from this point forward. We wouldn’t leave out our core fans who pre-ordered DS2 early! It’s another trip to the store but I think it will be worth it. Just call your retailer to make sure they are participating and have the codes.

[quote name='bobo2k4']What was the deal on the PS3 version of Extraction? Was it coming with every copy for free?[/QUOTE]

I think that Extraction is coming exclusively with the Limited Edition, which is strange, since Medal of Honor: Frontline is coming with both Limited and standard versions of the game (PS3).

I called Gamestop and they said, "Yeah, if you come in and preorder DS2 then your code for Ignition shows up on your receipt."

When I got there, though, the code wasn't on the receipt. "You have to come back tomorrow, the codes aren't showing up yet."

She said I might be able to get one of the employees to give me my code over the phone tomorrow rather than making a separate trip, but it still pisses me off. I could've just waited to preorder it tomorrow but I wanted to get it out of the way.

Yeah, I'm going to try it tonight at Gamestop at the midnight launch of MoH. Maybe it will be active once it's 12:01? I'm sure it will require a system update of sorts that won't be around until the store opens tomorrow.

[quote name='Tgebbs']I think that Extraction is coming exclusively with the Limited Edition, which is strange, since Medal of Honor: Frontline is coming with both Limited and standard versions of the game (PS3).[/QUOTE]

Are you sure Frontlines is coming with the Standard Edition too? I believe only the LE will have it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Are you sure Frontlines is coming with the Standard Edition too? I believe only the LE will have it.[/QUOTE]

I think he means that Dead Space 2's PS3 release is limited-edition only, which has Extraction with it. On the other hand Medal of Honor appears to have a NON limited edition, which in theory would NOT include Frontline.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Are you sure Frontlines is coming with the Standard Edition too? I believe only the LE will have it.[/QUOTE]

Standard Edition will also have Frontlines. LE is only for the guns and BF3 beta.

I can't find a good link to confirm it, but I've read it multiple times today, and even the community manager Matt Pruitt just confirmed it when someone asked on gametrailers for the HourOne of MoH.

[quote name='SDC']I think he means that Dead Space 2's PS3 release is limited-edition only, which has Extraction with it. On the other hand Medal of Honor appears to have a NON limited edition, which in theory would NOT include Frontline.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and no. I don't know what else has been promised for Dead Space 2's LE, apart from Extraction, so it would make sense that Extraction is the LE bonus. Also, it's been confirmed that Extraction will hit the PSN store, therefore, would not disappear forever after all the LE of DS2 are gone.

But again, positive that Frontline will still be included in future standard editions of MoH, you'd just be missing out on early access to the shotgun, the MP7, and whatever else they're including in it. (and bf3 beta likely)

Edit: Lots of links I'm finding are showing it as being only on the LE, but that's just misinformation, the most solid thing is from the previous noted HourOne on GT, where Matt Pruitt responds to that very question, here.
picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to see an Amazon/BestBuy.com/Newegg confirmation on this. I'm ready to pre-order right now, just let me know who I can give my money to.

NOTE: Admitted Dead Space fiend. I've got the DVD, read the online comics, bought Extraction for the Wii and I'm quite proud that Dead Space was my first Platinum trophy.

Yeah Amazon would get my money fo' sho' if there was some confirmation about this on their page. The inclusion of Extraction isn't even hyped on the page, and they killed the $10 pre-order bonus for now. I can wait, I suppose...

Please post if you managed to get this already and what retailer you got it from. I've been trying to get up to 2400MS points spent for the promo this month and this was apart of my calculations. If I can get this free i can spend 400 points else where =)

Called Gamestop just now. At first she tried to tell me Ignition wouldn't be available until January when DS2 ships. I had her check again and she got it straight, but then she told me she couldn't get her computer to print the code and printing it is the only way it will show up. She gave me the corporate customer service number.

Idiots.

I just called my local GS and I was notified that they don't get sent "rave cards" anymore since the codes now print out on the receipts. I asked if anyone pre-ordered today and got their code on the receipt, but nobody did (pre-order today that is). Will it be me?

Just fired off an e-mail to Games Stop corporate:

"
There is a lot of confusion regarding the "Dead Space: Ignition" rave cards (or codes on receipts) that should be available for pre-ordering Dead Space 2. "Dead Space: Ignition" dropped last night on the PlayStation network and will drop tonight on the Xbox Marketplace. Representatives at EA specifically stated that they weren't going to release "Dead Space: Ignition" until the participating stores (Game Stop and Amazon) had the codes in place.

I just called my local Game Stop......and they're clueless. I don't want to have to buy it for 400MS points just to play it when it comes out tonight when I've got a code entitling me to get it for free for pre-ordering.
"

Think imma just buy the arcade game for $5 bucks then buy DS2 for 20 next year when it drops and save myself more overall. Especially since Xbox live has their spend 2400 get 800 deal going on atm. Kinda like what Im doing with dead rising 2 / case zero atm heh.

[quote name='Draken Zero']Think imma just buy the arcade game for $5 bucks then buy DS2 for 20 next year when it drops and save myself more overall. Especially since Xbox live has their spend 2400 get 800 deal going on atm. Kinda like what Im doing with dead rising 2 / case zero atm heh.[/QUOTE]

well if anything, if you just put down $5 at gamestop it's the same price, and that can go towards the purchase later, or another game.

I called my local Gamestop and they gave me a 16-digit code over the phone. I hope this code is unique to my account and that they don't give it out to anyone else.

They then told me to go to gamestop.com/code and look up the instructions for Dead Space 2. Those instructions state that you have to go to DSIgnition.com and enter that 16-digit code.

So then I went to DSIgnition.com and it says, "Check back 10/13/10 to unlock DS Ignition" blah blah blah.

Christ, this is the hardest I've ever worked for $5--except that time I was in Tiajuana...

I called Game Stop Corporate and the customer service agent checked three different sources and said that Game Stop IS NOT one of the retailers supporting this.......

This is odd since I'm now seeing reports that codes are appearing on GS receipts today AND gamestop.com/code is now populated with instructions ti check back 10/13.

Went to Game Stop, pre-ordered, no code on receipt. The shift manager had to do something in the system to print me out a code. The code ended up being only 16 digits (4 sets of 4) instead of the expected 20 digit Xbox code. Evidently, the 16 digit code entered at gamestop.com/code will give me the 20 digit code, but only when the clock hits 10/13/10....

Also,
If you've pre-ordered it already with Game Stop at the store, call them before they close (@9pm) and they can produce a code for you and read it over the phone (it produces a unique code every time they do this).

If you've pre-ordered it already with Game Stop online, then call their customer service number (1-800-883-8895) and see if they can't e-mail you a code (they had to do this with me with my scorpion rig for DS1).

bread's done
Back