Dead Space Ignition - Free w/ Pre-order of Dead Space 2

Tgebbs

CAGiversary!
Dead Space - Ignition hits PSN Oct. 12th and XBL Oct. 13th, it's basically a motion comic with three mini games in it, but it's a prequel to Dead Space 2 (with four unique endings!), and if you complete it you unlock a new outfit for Dead Space 2, the 'Hacker Suit.'

Now Ignition is set to be $4.99 or 400 MS Points, but as the Playstation blog just announced, it's going to be free for anyone who pre-orders Dead Space 2. Amazon, the EA store, and Gamestop will email / print out on the receipt a unique code for you to redeem at http://www.dsignition.com/ which then will give you a unique download code for Dead Space Ignition on your platform of choice.

Dead Space's Facebook page confirmed this deal is applicable to both platforms, sorry for the confusion. - Thanks Crimzun Wolf

As
kidrocklive points out, Dead Space's website lists Amazon and GameStop as their retail partners, so expect at least those two, and EA's store is also a likely candidate.

Producer of Dead Space 2, Rich Briggs, has also responded to a few posts on the PSblog, giving details of "but if you already pre-ordered there will be a rave card with a code on it waiting for you, provided that the retailer is participating in the program." I'm not sure what to think about this, this isn't even applicable to Amazon first off, and GameStop seems to have done away with the voucher cards, and uses codes printed out on receipts of games lately.

This promotion is also bound to the UK. An EA-UK press release just said that GAME and Gamestation will be the participating retailers there.

Will update when more info is available.

Here's a picture of the Hacker Suit unlock.

5070971704_9c38496978_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jr1016']anyone having problems downloading Ignition from PSN? Mine keep saying downloaded but it says only 67kb..[/QUOTE]

You need both the unlock key (67kb) and the demo (over 1GB). As long as you have both, you are fine.

Preordered through Amazon to get the code. I'll cancel my current order and order the collector's edition once they have a listing for it. Thanks OP.

Well this sucks. I remembered I had a $20 credit at GameStop from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Of course it can't be combined with SAVER for free shipping which kills the deal and when I get to the confirm page the price goes back up to $80.

[quote name='SDC']You need both the unlock key (67kb) and the demo (over 1GB). As long as you have both, you are fine.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']how come when I got to dsignition . com it brings me to fox movies?[/QUOTE]

I had that problem as well. Make sure to add "www." on the address instead of inputting "dsignition.com" by itself.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I had that problem as well. Make sure to add "www." on the address instead of inputting "dsignition.com" by itself.[/QUOTE]

ahh, yeah that was it, haha. thanks!

bread's done
Back