[Dead] Star Wars: The Clone Wars/ Tetris Worlds (Xbox) $0.01 at Circuit City

They had them in stock, the cashier kept doing a price check over and over like it was going to change, I knew I wasn't getting it the second she asked a fellow cashier and manager what to do. She came back with the promitional item line and that was that. Even took the rest of them off the floor. Couldn't bring myself to argue over a one cent game and just left.

Here's a little tip for those getting shot down trying to purchase this combo for a penny in-store. The cashier is less likely to notice or say anything about the game only being a penny if you are buying something else as well. So just pick up something else if you are worried about being rejected by the cashier.

[quote name='shipwreck']Here's a little tip for those getting shot down trying to purchase this combo for a penny in-store. The cashier is less likely to notice or say anything about the game only being a penny if you are buying something else as well. So just pick up something else if you are worried about being rejected by the cashier.[/quote]

yea, same thing goes with those guides at best buy. i have never been questioned once when i've bought something else with the penny items.

[quote name='coolsteel']They had them in stock, the cashier kept doing a price check over and over like it was going to change, I knew I wasn't getting it the second she asked a fellow cashier and manager what to do. She came back with the promitional item line and that was that. Even took the rest of them off the floor. Couldn't bring myself to argue over a one cent game and just left.[/quote]

This better not be at any near me, I want to go get it myself.

[quote name='coolsteel']You would still owe a penny even if they applied 10 percent.[/quote]

Actually, since it is 10% of the difference, and BB sells it for $69.99, they would owe you $6.99. I wouldn't hold my breath, though.

[quote name='rallen']I'd give my right nut to see someone pricematch this.

Imagine the manager's face, when he's pricematching to a penny! (Don't forget your extra 10 percent at best buy)[/quote]

I'd love to see that too . LMAO

i really wish i wouldve picked up a few more copies to hand out to you guys (id do it for just shipping..cmon, a penny...haha)

oh well, i was trying to be nice to others by allowing them to buy this deal up, so i only ordered 1 (cant wait to see my visa statement....a penny!..haha)

this deal rules...7am deals rule!

I knew calling was a big mistake . . . my CC has 5 in stock . . . but after I called (it's about an hour round trip and with the kids and all) the clerk checked with her manager and they don't know what to do . . . "thumbs up their asses."

They're saying that the district manager is coming to the store tomorrow . . . the pile of 5 games is being put in the manager's office . . . my name and number is on one of them.

I will make a pretty big stink if I don't get one. This is one of those things that can lead to me boycotting and bad-mouthing a store for years to come.

Personally, I do prefer Best Buy . . . but I've been less and less happy with them for the last 2 years.

THUMBS UP THEIR ASSES -- "Michael Bolton" in Office Space

[quote name='Namelessloser']Sadly they wouldnt allow me to buy mine in store. I went there twice today. Called them up already. Called online support, they were more useless than the dirt on my tires.

When I went the manager said, we are selling the game. Because I asked him, as soon as i spotted it. Then when I went up to the cash register, he rang it up, went to go talk with some more mangaers, came back and said. We are sorry, we arent selling this game unless you buy an X-BOX. I was like wtf? First you say yes, now you say no. I left, came right back., with the price printed from the online store. They stood around, sniffed eachothers ass for a bit. It was kinda funny, they looked like a football team or something. Then said, we will only sell it at $99. I flicked them off and left. Called online support, got this japenese guy... You can already see where that went.

him: *mumbles crap i cant understand* find it instore
me: Sir they will not allow me to buy it in store, how can I get it in store if they I cannot buy it.
him: it is sold out online, *mumbles crap* sold out, *mumbles* price ....

Then I chatted with one of them. They basically typed the same bs over and over again. If you cant buy it online, then you cant buy it instore?

I dont know. Screw CC, thats why I buy from best buy u.u[/quote]

Yea, you are about the only one that prefers BB over CC. In my case, the CC is 10x nicer than BB, and BB doesn't even do online price-matches, and the clerks there are nazis; they don't let you get away with any price match, even if it was an ad. CC on the other hand has the most careless and free-spirited employees; they won't argue; they see the price then that's the price they'll sell it to you, no questions asked. I am about over 75% sure that I'll be able to buy it today.

I hate my BB with a passion (even though my last couple purchases were from them).

On a side note, today I'll do quite a few price-matches, which I'm never too excited about, especially considering that it'll be for every item I'll buy. I will save over $40 on the three, so it'll be worth it, especially since I'll probably never see the employees again.

Damn, I'm pissed I missed this one. I don't even own an Xbox, but I would have gotten this. .01?!? Plus one of my friends is getting an XBox, just sell it to him for like 10. :D

For those in the south burbs of Chicago, the Calumet City CC still has 2 copies (unless they hid them after I left). Went on my lunch and tried to buy them out, but they only let me get three copies. Wasn't even sure I was getting all those until I told them that was the limit on the web site. Thanks for the great deal!

[quote name='Birbo']For those in the south burbs of Chicago, the Calumet City CC still has 2 copies (unless they hid them after I left). Went on my lunch and tried to buy them out, but they only let me get three copies. Wasn't even sure I was getting all those until I told them that was the limit on the web site. Thanks for the great deal![/quote]

Would you be willing to hook up a fellow-CAGer. I'll send you 5 bucks through Paypal for one.

Score!

Went to the BB in Wilmington, DE off 202. The one at the Chrisiana Mall wouldn't price match. But I called the other CC and they were honoring it. Not only that, but they were ringing up for a penny at the register. Picked up 2 copies. One for myself and one as a future gift. They had five or six more copies in store as of 5:00. Didn't want to be greedy and buy them out. So, if you're in DE, go to the CC on 202 and pick up a copy. Please be nice and only buy a couple, not the whole store's supply.

The CC I went to didn't have any Tetris/Clone Wars, but they did have 2 SegaGT/JSRF's that rang up for $.01, so I got one of those and some DVD-R's that I needed. The cashier looked at it funny but apparently didn't care enough to investigate it any further.

I may be willing to sell one when they get in I got a hold of a couple. I would rather trade for another cheepy game but it dosn't matter to me The 5 dollar paypal sounds great but they will chrage for me to get it so Id rather just trade you something I have every system so offer me something.

[quote name='PapiChullo']Damn, I'm pissed I missed this one. I don't even own an Xbox, but I would have gotten this. .01?!? Plus one of my friends is getting an XBox, just sell it to him for like 10. :D[/quote]

That is the sign of a true friend. Someone who is willing to sell you something for 1000 times what they paid for it. What a pal. I can understand marking it up if selling it on half.com, but seriously, that is pretty messed up.

I just got back from the CC on Rt 17 in Paramus, NJ. They had 14 copies left. I went up to buy one and the sales guy said "This can't be right I have to check this out." Proceeds to scan it over and over again. Then he asks a fellow employee about it. They then say I have to check with my manager. Goes off into dark room and gives his manager a BJ while the manager looks it over. I wait in the games section and out comes the employee saying "Its a no go." Tells me that this is supposed to be packaged with new XBOX's. I then show him the printed up copy of the CC website page showing the item being sold seperately for a penny. The employee then goes back to give his manager another BJ while they try to find a way out of this little predicament I put them in. I wait once again in the games section when the employee comes out and tells me its a no go again. Points out on the top right corner of the page just under availability check that it says this: "Game Titles are only available through our Online Store." That's when I gave-up. It just wasn't worth pursuing anymore. Can you believe that crap? They never gave me a prob back in January when I cleaned out all the preorder bonus crap and demos they had for a penny then. Amazing... BTW if anyone lives in the Paramus, NJ area go cleanout the Rt. 17 CC of Clone Wars/Tetris bundles. There are 14 left. I'm sure you'll have better luck cleaning out those games if you go to an employee away from the games area.

-Morpheus

I couldn't get it either. I looked in the games section and didn't see it and an employee asked if I needed help. I told him what I was looking for and he said they are only bundled with Xbox systems. Had I seen the game on the shelf, I would have taken it to the cashier and tried it anyway. The trip wasn't a total loss though since I picked up a Pokemon Bonus Disc for $0.01

I got one at the McHenry CC in Illinois. I will sell my old copy I bought a while ago for $5 shipped priority mail with delivery confirmation. It has some scratches on it, but plays perfectly.

[quote name='Requiem']If the cashier looks at any of you funny, do your best Rick James impression.[/quote]

I had to talk to 3 employees and a manager!

[quote name='"BigNick"']I got one at the McHenry CC in Illinois. I will sell my old copy I bought a while ago for $5 shipped priority mail with delivery confirmation. It has some scratches on it, but plays perfectly.[/quote]

BigNick, isn't the minimum cost for Priority w/DC $3.85? Not much of a profit.

edit: sorry, still a noob, how can i make my quoting more normaler?

[quote name='JackSuper'][quote name='BigNick']I got one at the McHenry CC in Illinois. I will sell my old copy I bought a while ago for $5 shipped priority mail with delivery confirmation. It has some scratches on it, but plays perfectly.[/quote]

edit: sorry, still a noob, how can i make my quoting more normaler?[/quote]

I just got a new copy for a penny, plus I am feeling nice today. :) so i dont care about any profit on this.

My CC was awesome about this deal. Told the clerk about it, she helped me look for a copy. Found one buried behind some other games, went to ring it up, said something along the lines of "free if you bought it with the Xbox". She scanned another barcode or entered the upc code manually, whatever it was, it came up as CLONE WARS/TETRISWOR ... 0.01.

Sweet.

i just got hosed at my circuit city -- they had 20 copies and wouldn't sell me any despite my entreaties, i am mildly peeved, they really shouldn't be selling them so i understand that but it does annoy me that they had them on the shelves and were asking $40 a pop which i am sure they would have taken had someone offerred, they immediately pulled them all off the shelves

i picked up three at a b&m store

ill trade them for preactically anything, look at my want list to get a general idea of what i like.

[quote name='JackSuper'][quote name='BigNick']I got one at the McHenry CC in Illinois. I will sell my old copy I bought a while ago for $5 shipped priority mail with delivery confirmation. It has some scratches on it, but plays perfectly.[/quote]

edit: sorry, still a noob, how can i make my quoting more normaler?[/quote]

Like this

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I may be willing to sell one when they get in I got a hold of a couple. I would rather trade for another cheepy game but it dosn't matter to me The 5 dollar paypal sounds great but they will chrage for me to get it so Id rather just trade you something I have every system so offer me something.[/quote]

PM sent to you and Big Nick.

[quote name='punqsux']i picked up three at a b&m store

ill trade them for preactically anything, look at my want list to get a general idea of what i like.[/quote]

Check my tradelist.....I would be willing to trade you the January 2004 (#234) of CGW it has full verisons of Deus Ex, America's Army V1.9, Warlords Battlecry and Thief II (also some demos and a movie)

[quote name='waxHead']no prob, figured it would be an even trade ;)[/quote]

im not sure if it would be even, given the potential hours of gametime u could put in to 2 games, for a guide, which i almost never use anyways, but still buy for my rpgs lol

i would have done it tho just cuz i want to hook up cags with some good deals

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='waxHead']no prob, figured it would be an even trade ;)[/quote]

im not sure if it would be even, given the potential hours of gametime u could put in to 2 games, for a guide, which i almost never use anyways, but still buy for my rpgs lol

i would have done it tho just cuz i want to hook up cags with some good deals[/quote]

sorry, should've explained a bit more in my previous post. I picked it up at TRU for a penny :)

Anymore copies of the game available?

I can offer an OXM #5 with disc and an Eidos promo DVD :p or maybe some money, who knows.

[quote name='punqsux']sorry i dont have an xbox, but i have almost every other system, got anything else?[/quote]

interested in a pre-owned copy of Project Eden for PS 2?

forgot I had it kickin' around.

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='punqsux']sorry i dont have an xbox, but i have almost every other system, got anything else?[/quote]

interested in a pre-owned copy of Project Eden for PS 2?

forgot I had it kickin' around.[/quote]

ill keep it in mind, as i said id like to trade for something ill actully get use out of :wink:

bread's done
Back