[Dead] Star Wars: The Clone Wars/ Tetris Worlds (Xbox) $0.01 at Circuit City

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I'll trade for project eden. But I have to wait till mine come in got mine on the online deal![/quote]

sounds good. it hasn't gone anywhere till now, and it won't be goin anywhere till you get your game :)

I was able to get one at the Circuit City near the Springfield Mall in Springfield, VA. My dad said he placed the printed ad on the counter and put a penny on top, but still the cashier didn't believe him. That is . . . until he scanned the game. I'm sure he was shocked to see a formerly $100 game pack cost $.01! My dad didn't go to the customer service counter, though, so he was probably lucky that he got it. If the manager got involved, I most likely wouldn't have the games right now.

just got back from the store, had to talk to the manager and prove it was a penny on the website, got the game and the 2 months free of xbox live that comes with it, hell yeah all for one cent, o yeah im in socal :D

yeahokthenfu,
where in socal are you at? I checked with the pasadena sotre and they didn't have any on display.

Picked this up today for a penny at Circuit City. The manager was suprised the game/s were still out there because the employees usually buy them all up when games clearence like this.

I got the remainder from Oxford Valley PA. The manager actually was really cool about it. I told him they were selling on the website for a penny, and were sold out, called customer circus and they told me to check the store.

Also none in Lawrenceville, NJ.

Damn you C.C They canclled my order! Those bastards. Said it is out of stock! I was one of the first to order too! What up wit dat? Oh well I sent them a nasty gram!

I ordered it the minute he posted it :)

they said they shipped it but it may not go out if its Friday or so but its Wednesday :) so it should go out. I will check my circuit city for some more.

I received an email this morning that my order for this was cancelled due to it being out of stock. I had ordered 3 (without knowing that was the limit) yesterday morning at 7:34AM.

:(

Hmm... I got two. But I might as well check back at the CC tomorrow and see if there are any left. Highly unlikely but worth a look. And if there are, well, I gave others a chance to grab it.

thats weird, I hope they just dont say that they shipped even though they haven't/

I only got one and it seems a lot of the ones that were cancelled bought more than 1, am I right? :?

We are going to have to launch a protest over this!

Circuit City is really pulling a fast one.

The manager at my local is saying that the games are promotional to be sold for a penny only with the purchase of an Xbox . . . total crap.

i went to my CC in NYC and they rang up a penny, so they told me i had to see the manager, i went to see the manager and they told me its not a penny because it has a 39.99 sticker on it. I was like "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, SOME OF THE GAMES UP THERE RING UP 30 PERCENT OFF, EVEN UR PLAT HITS FOR XBOX ARE MARKED MORE THEN 20." they refused to sell it to me. So i left went back the next morn to find out they took all copys and hid it in the back. IM SO PISSED OFF.

[quote name='yeahokthenfu']just got back from the store, had to talk to the manager and prove it was a penny on the website, got the game and the 2 months free of xbox live that comes with it, hell yeah all for one cent, o yeah im in socal :D[/quote]

I think the 2 months free of Xbox Live offer expired as of 3/31/04. You could still give it a shot to see if the code still get accepted.

Which one did you go to, Union Square?

[quote name='Akkis99']i went to my CC in NYC and they rang up a penny, so they told me i had to see the manager, i went to see the manager and they told me its not a penny because it has a 39.99 sticker on it. I was like "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, SOME OF THE GAMES UP THERE RING UP 30 PERCENT OFF, EVEN UR PLAT HITS FOR XBOX ARE MARKED MORE THEN 20." they refused to sell it to me. So i left went back the next morn to find out they took all copys and hid it in the back. IM SO PISSED OFF.[/quote]

I went to my CC today and they told me they were sold out of them. It sucks cause it's a pretty far ride to get there and gas is almost 2 dollars a gallon. What a waste of time and gas.

I was amazed that I was able to pick up a copy this evening. I thought for sure they would have been all gone or pulled from the shelf.

They would only limit me to 4 copies yesterday, but also said I could pick up more on my next visit. I only needed 4 anyway for a lan party coming up, but they did have 10 or so left around 2pm.

This is the Staten Island CC btw.

[quote name='Pokemorpher1']I was able to get one at the Circuit City near the Springfield Mall in Springfield, VA. My dad said he placed the printed ad on the counter and put a penny on top, but still the cashier didn't believe him. That is . . . until he scanned the game. I'm sure he was shocked to see a formerly $100 game pack cost $.01! My dad didn't go to the customer service counter, though, so he was probably lucky that he got it. If the manager got involved, I most likely wouldn't have the games right now.[/quote]
was that the only one left?
I MISSED ONE?!!!!!

if ne one cares, Gamestop B&M gives $2 a piece for this game, and they except multiple copies. I was planning on buying a few to trade in to get one of their $10 games :)

That would be a huge waste, you could probably stand outside gamestop and sell it to someone for at least 5.

I got mine in the mail :) it wasn't in the plastic but has the seal on it. I dont even think they charged me because I didn't get any bill or something with it.

I think if they charged my credit card 1 cent they would have to pay more fees themself, lol.

I went to two Circuit Citys. One had about twenty out on the shelf, all with $.01 price stickers on them. When I tried to buy one, the cashier said I had to buy an XBox to get it (that was probably why there were so many still on the shelves).

At the other Circuit City I managed to pick up one no problem. It was marked $39.99 and the cashier didn't pay it any mind.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']if ne one cares, Gamestop B&M gives $2 a piece for this game, and they except multiple copies. I was planning on buying a few to trade in to get one of their $10 games :)[/quote]

That is really a waste you could get at least $5 a piece probably even $7 just asking people on the street.

I got two last Tuesday. Had already given them to friends. I expected them to be gone today when I went into the CC on 202 in Wilmington DE. The funny thing, The same six copies that were there on tuesday were still there today!

No one had bought any. I picked up three more thinking that I had given others plenty of time to get more. There are three left. Two have the green "promotion only" tag and should ring up at 1 cent. They're in the middle row in the middle of the xbox games display. There is also one non promotional copy on the lower rack that will probably ring up at $40. But you can probably talk a manager into lowering the price since the other copies ate 1 penny.

The funny thing is that the real reason I went to 202 was to hit the Best Buy across the street from CC for Boktai. (They were sold out :() But they had fifteen copies of the tetris/clone wars promo combo and they were selling it for $70! What a joke!

bread's done
Back