[DEAD] Steam Midweek Madness - Trine = $5.00

Xealot42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
265 (100%)
trine_mw_spotlight.jpg

Steam has a Midweek Madness deal up in addition to their Total War deals.

Trine = $5.00

Metacritic = 80

Demo:
Steam

Dev. Website

Last edited by a moderator:
During the holiday sale, I believe it was $7.49. Great price, wish I had known they'd drop it further not much more than a month later. :p

[quote name='gunm']During the holiday sale, I believe it was $7.49. Great price, wish I had known they'd drop it further not much more than a month later. :p[/QUOTE]

That was the price the majority of the sale, but it was featured as a daily deal at 75% off from 19.99, so 5.00.

i missed Trine during the holidays. will be buying it when i get home.

Edit: Scratch that. Just realized I can buy it now and d/l later. Done.

Ah, but it was $4.99 during the Holiday Sale's Daily Deal. (It was part of the sale's last Daily Deal lineup, I believe.)

Yes, all you late adopters get to pay 1 cent more.

Going to get this one. I was hoping Steam would lay off the midweek deals with the Total War week going on. Thanks OP.

Iam new to steam and saw their valve pack for 99. It has a boat load of games. anybody know if they ever put that on sale. I already know it was on sale during christmas but I missed that. DO they have other times they do big sales?

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Ah, but it was $4.99 during the Holiday Sale's Daily Deal.[/QUOTE]
Indeed it was! Owned.

[quote name='Freeisgood']Iam new to steam and saw their valve pack for 99. It has a boat load of games. anybody know if they ever put that on sale. I already know it was on sale during christmas but I missed that. DO they have other times they do big sales?[/QUOTE]

I have never once seen that go on sale aside from the 10% of the holiday sale. I'd say just bite now if you don't already own any Valve games. You're in for a treat.

great game for $5, got it during holiday sale and one of the few games I've beaten that I bought during that sale lol, so yeah worth it.

[quote name='Tate Donovan']Do you need a gamepad for this?[/QUOTE]

I feel it is easier with mouse, targeting, drawing boxes etc etc. I hooked up a controller thinking it may be better but it wasn't... for me.

[quote name='wasabi5858']I feel it is easier with mouse, targeting, drawing boxes etc etc. I hooked up a controller thinking it may be better but it wasn't... for me.[/QUOTE]
A friend of mine had the same reaction. I, personally, enjoy using the 360 gamepad for even the box-drawing. It really isn't bad at all, but, I guess that's just me.

Either way, full recommendation for Trine; Go grab it.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Less than greater than 5? :p[/QUOTE]
Well, I think he meant less than or equal to $5, which is what his statement essentially says, although way more confusing than it should be. Maybe he was just challenging our brains

/benefit of the doubt

I highly recommend Trine. It's a brilliant physics based puzzle-platformer. The great part is that there are often many ways to approach a puzzle with all the different powers, rather than the usual one solution puzzle games.

[quote name='aznguyen316']great game for $5, got it during holiday sale and one of the few games I've beaten that I bought during that sale lol, so yeah worth it.[/QUOTE]

Same here!

YOU MUST get this game! One of the best games, not just from an indie, but from any studio. Wanted to show much love for the devs for putting together such an enchanting game. Trine use to run $30 so at $5, it should be a no brainer!

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Trying to figure out if I should get this now or wait for the 360 version... hmmmmm.[/QUOTE]

It won't drop that low on the 360. IF they put it on sale, the lowest it would go is 10. MS and Sony are too greedy to lower prices too drastically unless it's a rare, special occasion.

I played the demo, and it really didn't seem like my thing.

I've got far too many other things to play at the moment, too.

That said, I'll probably end up caving and buying it later in the week. :/

[quote name='Purple Flames']I wanna get this, but I'm afraid it's gonna join the list of impulse buys I never get around to actually playing.[/QUOTE]
exactly my thoughts

[quote name='Purple Flames']I wanna get this, but I'm afraid it's gonna join the list of impulse buys I never get around to actually playing.[/QUOTE]

Those are my thoughts too, but I don't think that I can pass it up at this price.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what I'm about to do.

Only knew this game by name and the buzz it has here. Looked at the Giant Bomb review and it looked sweet; sort of a sword & sorcery melding of Shadow Complex, Braid, and Torchlight. Just tried the demo and while it looks awesome, I'm finding the hopping around controls to be too funky for keyboard. After having all my people die in a pit of thorns due to botched jumps sucks. I'm gonna have to try again, but it went from a "slam dunk" to "maybe" purchase. Any tips on controlling this beast? I've got a 360 gamepad if that helps.

[quote name='kilm']That was the price the majority of the sale, but it was featured as a daily deal at 75% off from 19.99, so 5.00.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I picked it up at $4.99 myself, but that deal was just that one day.

I passed on Trine during the holiday sale, but that's when I was trying to save space in my budget for some deals that never materialized. I'm glad I get a second chance!

Just tried it again and got killed in pretty much the same place. Unless there's a better way to control it, it's regrettably going to be a no sale. Drat.

bread's done
Back