(DEAD) Sucker Punch 2 Disc EE (2 BDs, no DVD or DC) @ Amazon - $14.99

[quote name='Mixer236']Glad I'm not the only one that found enjoyment out of this movie :)

But some of you mentioned it had bad acting... I'm interested in hearing what exactly it is that you thought was so bad about it. I'm a bit curious as bad acting is a major pet peeve of mine, so I'm wondering what was so bad that I failed to pick up on as it's usually the first/main thing(in a movie that has it) that annoys me. I mean, I'm not saying there were any award winning performances, and at parts the main character came across as a bit stiff, but I thought the rest of the cast did a pretty good job and I certainly didn't notice any glaringly bad acting.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't the bad acting, it was the movie as a whole. Look I like action scenes and cool shit as much as the next guy, but when there's no real emotional depth or investment in it (both from me actually caring about the characters and the motivations behind the fight) then it just gets boring immediately. And when it's really the main driving force behind this movie (hot chicks in CRAZY action scenes) then all the more attention will be focused on it so it has to be good. Sadly the movie fell flat on it's face because all the fight scenes just felt so shallow. It brought nothing new to the table for me and instead the movie literally just felt like it was shoving "HEY! YOU'RE A GUY, RIGHT! SCHOOL GIRLS FIGHTING DRAGONS! EH? EHHHHHH? YOU LIKE THIS RIGHT?!" It just wasn't enough to keep me interested.

And that's just me bitching about the fight scenes. I Can go on with how stupid the ending was and how it literally was like the worst cut scenes from a video game spliced into a film, but...you get the point.

Count another who thought it was pretty entertaining. The action was over the top, but that was kind of the point. I thought the symbolism between the parallel worlds worked well. I liked that it didn't smack you over the head with the double-dream concept like Inception (which I thought was horrendous). 3/5, but I'll still wait until it's under $10.

[quote name='xverion']I saw it in the theater and liked it. It's a popcorn movie.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better myself.

When I heard people sayin this movie sucked, I just thought that it wouldn't be considered a "good" movie but it would still be a corny movie with cool ass action scenes, and I don't mind those at all. I don't mind watching movies where I can just go mind numb and watch cool shit happen.

With that said, this movie is garbage. They lost me as soon as those "cool" fight scenes were actually just her dancing around. What the fuck? The action scenes weren't even that great.

bread's done
Back