(DEAD) The Goonies (25th Anniversary Edition)blu ray only $6

I really would have liked to have gotten in on this deal. I have Goonies on DVD (Not the 25th Anniversary edition though) so I'll just keep waiting for a good price on the Blu-ray.

Wow, What an awesome deal. I wonder if Amazon will honor it though. I do not see this being a surprise sale, but more of a mistake. Regardless, still awesome.

Sadly I missed out, this is one of my favorite childhood movies. Hopefully, they can release a stand-alone blu-ray movie like the UK-Only release. Which I hope will happen. Sucks that I misses it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to have jumped on this...no way it would have lasted until I woke up though :)
For those that raped the deal...I hope you find a "real" job soon and get off unemployment.

[quote name='depascal22']There are just as many flippers here as there are on slickdeals.[/QUOTE]

I agree but a few differences:

Here some are willing to flip but also sell to another CAG at cost because they missed out (I have done this a few times including the Fairytale Fights for free flip gave it to local CAG who honestly didn't even say thanks when he picked it up :bomb:)

On average people here won't whore the deal to the point its gone (IE only allowed to pick up 3 so they make 5 accounts to profit $6)

On the flip side though here some flippers have a snobbish fucking attitude when it comes flipping but I don't see that much here.

FML, would have bought this without blinking..no cancellations yet huh guys? as massive as this thing is, I can't believe they sold it for this low..

[quote name='token2k6']FML, would have bought this without blinking..no cancellations yet huh guys? as massive as this thing is, I can't believe they sold it for this low..[/QUOTE]
Amazon is good about honoring pricing errors. I was able to get Halo Reach Legendary at launch for $60 with a $20 dollar credit and thats a bigger screw up then this blu-ray.

I'm a very small time reseller. I get shit when the opportunity comes and I resell it. To me it's just good business sense. I certainly don't do it for a living but it helps keep the cost of my gaming habits lower than they would otherwise be.

My "philosophy" on it is basically you win some you lose some. Meaning sometimes you will get lucky and get in on a deal and sometimes you will wake up at 3:30 am and find that you have missed out (by mere minutes!) on a movie that you love for a price that you would have killed for. When I miss out I fully realize I am not a victim and the people that hoarded it are not scum or anything else they're (we're..) so often called.

I missed out on this originally and yes it sucks. On the bright side, there are going to be many more and many even better deals in the future that I won't miss. The same can be said for everyone else. There's no reason to hate on people that got in on it, or people that are going to resell them. Everyone has the same chance. It's just the timing. Sometimes youre lucky with it and sometimes not.

Having said that, it would be nice of people that ordered a bajillion copies to spread the love. I see that is not going to happen and I'm not surprised or mad. I'm just saying it would be a nice thing to do.

Wow, I ordered a DVD copy and on a whim asked if they would PM the earlier price.

The nice lady via email said not a problem and made it the BLU RAY! This is why I love Amazon.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Would love to have jumped on this...no way it would have lasted until I woke up though :)
For those that raped the deal...I hope you find a "real" job soon and get off unemployment.[/QUOTE]

Christ Almighty... Really??? You don't think that maybe the deal didn't last because Amazon obviously fucked up the price? You think they would have just left it live if everyone had just picked up 1 copy for their own use? "We're not in the business of making money, just leave the pricing mistake live for a few days. It's just a few thousand or tens of thousands of dollars, right?"

Give me a fucking break.

You missed the deal. Either stay up or don't bitch. I would have bought one, too. I wasn't up at 3 AM. I'm also not going to crucify anyone that bought more than one. That's just stupid.

[quote name='physlics66']Wow - thanks OP. Totally expected this would get cancelled but I just got a confirmation email that it shipped.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Glad to see Amazon honored this 'mistake'. I think it had to be a mistake...the price ending in .00 instead of .99 is the clue that it was some kind of holiday blunder! Perfect for me, my g/f loves this movie and wanted this BR anyways. I only snagged one, I'm too lazy to flip stuff like this. =p

Well I ordered this earlier today for the $6 price. Somehow the order just disappeared off of my order history. I contacted their support via the chat and they couldn't find the order. So they felt bad and said they would give me a $15 promotional credit for the trouble and if it comes back in stock to call them and they would adjust the price. So as we all know it is back in stock so I called them. They adjusted the price to $6. So I get this release for $6 and I got a $15 promotional credit. I love you Amazon!!!

[quote name='bizman316']Well I ordered this earlier today for the $6 price. Somehow the order just disappeared off of my order history. I contacted their support via the chat and they couldn't find the order. So they felt bad and said they would give me a $15 promotional credit for the trouble and if it comes back in stock to call them and they would adjust the price. So as we all know it is back in stock so I called them. They adjusted the price to $6. So I get this release for $6 and I got a $15 promotional credit. I love you Amazon!!![/QUOTE]

Awesome! Yet another reason I continue to spend thousands and thousands at Amazon! :applause:

[quote name='bizman316']Well I ordered this earlier today for the $6 price. Somehow the order just disappeared off of my order history. I contacted their support via the chat and they couldn't find the order. So they felt bad and said they would give me a $15 promotional credit for the trouble and if it comes back in stock to call them and they would adjust the price. So as we all know it is back in stock so I called them. They adjusted the price to $6. So I get this release for $6 and I got a $15 promotional credit. I love you Amazon!!![/QUOTE]

Did they actually find the order in your account when you called?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Did they actually find the order in your account when you called?[/QUOTE]

No they didn't. It was weird. I never had that problem with Amazon before and I order a ton of stuff from them.

So anyone could really say that, and attempt to still get that $6 price. Almost tempting, but I think I'd feel evil about it.

I went to bed just before this deal hit, but in retrospect I don't know that I'd have bought one anyhow. The movie was good for its time, but having seen it a couple times on TV recently I wouldn't really consider owning it, heh.

[quote name='pk24']So anyone could really say that, and attempt to still get that $6 price. Almost tempting, but I think I'd feel evil about it.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree you could. That would make a person dishonest though. It would be tempting I have to admit. As stupid as this sounds it reminds me of the movie family man. The scene in the convenience store where Don Chedel purposely gave the wrong change to a girl and she just kept it. Then he went on a short diatribe about how people have no integrity and are dishonest.

man I wish we had a deal graveyard for DVD's..I must've clicked the link in the OP 20 times since yesterday just to check on it. RIP Great Deal, RIP The Goonies!!

[quote name='token2k6']man i wish we had a deal graveyard for dvd's..i must've clicked the link in the op 20 times since yesterday just to check on it. Rip great deal, rip the goonies!![/quote]

Goonies Never Die!

[quote name='bizman316']Yes I agree you could. That would make a person dishonest though. It would be tempting I have to admit. As stupid as this sounds it reminds me of the movie family man. The scene in the convenience store where Don Chedel purposely gave the wrong change to a girl and she just kept it. Then he went on a short diatribe about how people have no integrity and are dishonest.[/QUOTE]

Can I buy the PS3 and return it but keep the $100 gift card? :lol:

Thanks, Slickdeals, my local Toys R Us also had the Kinect price error so I bought all 25 of them they had in stock to flip!

Amazon Customer Reps can lookup the exact time the item was on sale, and the time you placed the order.

Spoke to a Customer Rep after placing my order on the same day this deal was live. She looked at my order and noticed that the Movie was on sale about 40 minutes ago at $6 before I placed my order. So I actually missed this deal by less than an hour.

She made a one-time exception seeing that the order was placed on the same day just 40 minutes after the sale, and gave me store credit for the difference for future purchases.

I guess it also helped to have $150+ worth of stuff in that same order too, since she remarked that I took advantage of some jackets on sale and understood why I wanted to save a few $ more.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's a trade forum for buy/sell requests, and it's not in this thread.[/QUOTE]
Deal is dead. There's a section for that, and it isn't here. ;)

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'll just sell my extra on ebay for profit then. I'm sure that makes everyone here happy to know.[/QUOTE]

If you were a mod, you might see several removed posts from the same CAG.

[quote name='Pookymeister']If you were a mod, you might see several removed posts from the same CAG.[/QUOTE]
Who said that?? Stop putting words in my mouth :)

And yeah I asked about buying one earlier in this thread and it was removed, but I managed to get the deal after all anyway. I think I only asked once though. Sorry if I asked more than that.

Hello,

We have good news! We're able to get this part of your order to you faster than
we originally promised:

Sean Astin, et al "The Goonies (25th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]"
Previous estimated arrival date: January 05 2011 - January 11 2011
New estimated arrival date: December 29 2010

:D:D:D

Did anyone know that this would come with the board game and crap? Maybe I didn't read the description too well when this deal came online, but I was pleasantly surprised. Now I have this enormous box on my movie shelf :)

[quote name='cod4rulez4']Did anyone know that this would come with the board game and crap? Maybe I didn't read the description too well when this deal came online, but I was pleasantly surprised. Now I have this enormous box on my movie shelf :)[/QUOTE]
No kidding. UPS just dropped mine off. This thing is HUGE and comes packed with all sorts of goodies. Best $6 bluray purchase ever.

I was actually blessed to get this as a Christmas present from Trollsmeesh. Came in earlier today and I never expected the box to be as large as it is... Man, it's great :D

[quote name='cod4rulez4']Did anyone know that this would come with the board game and crap? Maybe I didn't read the description too well when this deal came online, but I was pleasantly surprised. Now I have this enormous box on my movie shelf :)[/QUOTE]

I had read the description on Amazon and looked at the pictures so I knew it would come with that stuff. I just didn't know that it would be so high quality. Now I wish I had bought a second copy to give as a gift.

Missed out on the Blu-ray but bought the DVD for $6 in hopes that I can flip it to help pay for the Blu-ray the next time it's less than $30 somewhere. Weighs a lot. Anyone feel guilty that it probably cost Amazon $6 just to ship these out via anything faster than media mail?

bread's done
Back