[DEAD?] The NEW Circuit City $1.99 Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thanks to CouRageouS for the original list. Newest additions are marked by **.

Playstation 2
18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker
2-pack (Dave Mirra/Smuggler's Run)
Aqua Aqua
Alter Echo
Auto Modellista
Backyard Basketball
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
Blood Omen 2
Bombastic
Big Mutha Truckers
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Cat in the Hat
Chessmaster
Commandos 2
Disaster Report
Disney's PK out of the shadows
Dynasty Warriors 4 XL **
Escape from Monkey Island
Eve of Extinction
Everquest Online Adventures
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
ESPN X-Games Skateboarding
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
Frequency
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge
Gravity Games Bike PS2
Grandia II
Gungrave
Haunted Mansion
Herdy Gerdy
I-Ninja
Jampack Vol. 10
Jampack Vol. 11
Jeopardy
Jet X2O
Jonny Moseley Mad Trix
Kinetica
La Pucelle Tactics
Legion: Legend of Exclaibur
Maximo GH
Men in Black 2 Alien Escape
Monster 4x4 : Masters of Metal ** Found this myself a couple days ago
Monster Jam Maximum Destruction
My Street
NBA 2K2
NCAA College Football 2K3
NCAA March Madness 2002
NCAA March Madness 2003
Oni
Project Eden
Pryzm Chapter One The Dark Unicorn
Rally Fusion PS2
Robot Alchemic Drive
Rygar
Scorpion King
Shadow Man: 2econd Coming
Silpheed
Smugglers' Run
Spawn: Armageddon
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Star Wars : Racer Revenge
State of Emergency
State of Emergency GH
Summer Heat Beach Volleyball
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Taz Wanted
Tekken Tag GH
Tribes: Aerial Assault
Twisted Metal Black
Wakeboarding Unleashed
Wallace and Gromit
Whirl Tour
World Destruction League: Thunder Tanks
X-Men: Next Dimension
X-Squad
Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Big Mutha Truckers
Bloodrayne
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Circus Maximus
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702)
Freedom Fighters
Genma Onimusha **
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
Great Escape
Gunvalkyrie
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
I-Ninja
Inside Pitch 2003
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (UPC 047875802513)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Minority Report
Mojo Morrowind XB
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
MX Superfly
Myst III Exile
Nascar Thunder 2002
New Legends
NHL 2002
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddyssee
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Spawn: Armageddon
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Thing
Transworld Snowboarding
Triple Play 2002
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
X2 Wolverine's Revenge
XGRA

Gamecube
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
Freedom Fighters
Freekstyle
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
I-Ninja
Jeremy Mcragth Racing
Looney Tunes: Back in Action
Lord of the Rings Two Towers
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
Prince of Persia Sands of Time **
Smashing Drive
Skies of Arcadia Legends
UFC Throwdown
WWE WrestleMania XIX

GBA
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Cat in the Hat
Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku
ESPN International Track & Field (GBC)
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
Earthworm Jim
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBA)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBC)
The Incredible Hulk
Legends of Wrestling II
Madden NFL 2004
Metal of Honor : Infiltrator
Midway Arcade Greatest Hits **
(Midway version, not Majesco version, check by looking at the bottom right corner of the front)
Pinball of The Dead
Pinobee
Razor Scooter GBA
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

[quote name='evilmregg']That's about $5 more than that game is worth.[/QUOTE]

Yeah whenever people talk about SoA on this forum everyone always puts it down... I however, do feel that the game is worth $5. $50? No. But definately 5. You can get a few hours of entertainment out of it... shieryda wanted the link and I knew it was $5 at amazon so I figured I'd help him out.

Picked up Freedom Fighters for GCN yesterday for $1.99. CC really needs to get their act together on updating their pricing, though. 1080 rang up as $49.99 when I went to check. Oh well...their lack of pricing ability helps when you want to see if something is cheap-ass.

Man, I don't know why people didn't like "State of Emergency"?! Rockstar Games is a great developer, and Gamespot.com gave the game an 8.5 (Great)!!!

Still, $5 for 8-10 hours of chaos and mayhem is worth it for me...

[quote name='shieryda']Man, I don't know why people didn't like "State of Emergency"?! Rockstar Games is a great developer, and Gamespot.com gave the game an 8.5 (Great)!!!

Still, $5 for 8-10 hours of chaos and mayhem is worth it for me...[/QUOTE]

People just expected it to be Grand Theft Auto: State of Emergency and it wasn't.

Cute title though.

That sucks b/c I have seen several of the 1.99 games at my CC but they have that crap generice "Value games" sticker on it. When I took them to the cashier she wouldn't scan the original upc barcode on the side of the game. Then she goes on to tell me how the games come from the warehouse with those generic upc codes. I bet those games are still there too.

I had my first deal denial ever today since joining CAG almost two years ago.

I went into the Poughkeepsie, NY CC today and found a copy of BG&E(GCN), Cat in the Hat(PS2), and Tekken Tag (Ps2 - with no value sticker). I thought, "Cool, some titles people must have overlooked". So, I see this girl by one of the end isle registers and I walk up to her with a smile and say, "Hey can you price check these for me, I saw online that they were being clearanced out." Well, something I said must have been the magic word, because this set her off into bitch mode. She starts shaking her head and says, "No, No,No!" with her voice raised. She says, " That's some BS website that I got that info from, and that it is a mistake". So, I say, "Well, the games are being clearance on the CC.com website." She says, "What does it say? A dollar and something....those prices are wrong."So, she takes Tekken Tag and scans it first, and it comes up $14.96 and she says all sarcastically, "$14.96....just what it says on the game...do you want it for that price?". Of course, I said no. Then she rang up CITH and BG&E and both come up $1.99. She says, " I can't sell these to you. I've been informed to take any of these games off the shelf". Then she took both games and walked off into the back. I just stood there stunned, and about to call over a manager and start a ruckus, but 3 things stopped me:

#1 - I had my 3 and 1/2 year old daughter with me and she was already fussy
#2 - I already have BG&E for PS2
#3 - Cat in the Hat definitely isn't worth the hassle

Anyway, that was my first run in with an asshat employee. I was pissed for about 5 minutes after I left because she was talking to me in such a bitchy tone, but I quickly got over it. I guess we can finally write this deal off as dead!

[quote name='maccabee72']I had my first deal denial ever today since joining CAG almost two years ago.

I went into the Poughkeepsie, NY CC today and found a copy of BG&E(GCN), Cat in the Hat(PS2), and Tekken Tag (Ps2 - with no value sticker). I thought, "Cool, some titles people must have overlooked". So, I see this girl by one of the end isle registers and I walk up to her with a smile and say, "Hey can you price check these for me, I saw online that they were being clearanced out." Well, something I said must have been the magic word, because this set her off into bitch mode. She starts shaking her head and says, "No, No,No!" with her voice raised. She says, " That's some BS website that I got that info from, and that it is a mistake". So, I say, "Well, the games are being clearance on the CC.com website." She says, "What does it say? A dollar and something....those prices are wrong."So, she takes Tekken Tag and scans it first, and it comes up $14.96 and she says all sarcastically, "$14.96....just what it says on the game...do you want it for that price?". Of course, I said no. Then she rang up CITH and BG&E and both come up $1.99. She says, " I can't sell these to you. I've been informed to take any of these games off the shelf". Then she took both games and walked off into the back. I just stood there stunned, and about to call over a manager and start a ruckus, but 3 things stopped me:

Anyway, that was my first run in with an asshat employee. I was pissed for about 5 minutes after I left because she was talking to me in such a bitchy tone, but I quickly got over it. I guess we can finally write this deal off as dead![/QUOTE]

Send in a complaint about that particular employee. There is no excuse for being a bitch.

Yep, I would definitely be calling Circuit City or going back to the store to talk to the manager. Her refusing to sell you those games at $1.99 may be perfectly acceptable, but the manner in which she did it is not.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Send in a complaint about that particular employee. There is no excuse for being a bitch.[/QUOTE]

I would have complained directly to the manager there (who knows...maybe she was the manager...she looked like she was in her 20s), but my daughter was wrapped around my leg and just wanted to leave. I didn't even check the girls name tag to see her name. I wasn't really pissed about not getting the deal, but I was pissed about her attitude. Even so, it wasn't enough to make me want to turn her in.

[quote name='maccabee72']I had my first deal denial ever today since joining CAG almost two years ago.

Anyway, that was my first run in with an asshat employee. I was pissed for about 5 minutes after I left because she was talking to me in such a bitchy tone, but I quickly got over it. I guess we can finally write this deal off as dead![/QUOTE]

all you had to do is complain Tell them your going to call up the main office and complain about the workers at the store. BB did this to me with the Penny guides. dont take crap off the workers Very good chance she just put the games back and probally will buy them herself .

[quote name='slidecage']all you had to do is complain Tell them your going to call up the main office and complain about the workers at the store. BB did this to me with the Penny guides. dont take crap off the workers Very good chance she just put the games back and probally will buy them herself .[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I would have done more than complain if it wasn't for the fact that my daughter was with me. No biggy...I scored huge,without a hitch, at that same CC while I was here last summer on vacation during the $4.99 sale. With all the horror stories I've read here about asshat employees at different places, I knew it was just a matter of time before I ran into one. If there's a next time though, hopefully my daughter won't be with me, and I will be sure to do exactly what you said.

I would definitely complain because you had your daughter with you. For all we know, that (expletive) employee scared your daughter to death. They had no excuse for raising their voice, especially in front of a child.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yep, I would definitely be calling Circuit City or going back to the store to talk to the manager. Her refusing to sell you those games at $1.99 may be perfectly acceptable, but the manner in which she did it is not.[/QUOTE]

If he was in CA that wouldn't be acceptable...in CA if something rings up for a price lower than the tag, they legally have to sell it to you for that price otherwise it's considered false advertising.

Picked up a copy of PoP: Sot for the GC today for $1.99 at my CC here in Jacksonville, FL. They had 3 on the shelf, all marked $19.99 but I took my copy to the cashier and had her price check it, rang up at $1.99. Also not news by any means but I also got FF7(GH) for $7.50, sticker price says $14.99 and they had 4 more of those and several other PS1 games that were being clearenced, I really did not pay attention to them though.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']I hate this new CC sale, the CC in my area put those dam stickers over every game that would be on sale, fucking ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Same here... there a bunch of these games on the shelf but they're all stickered up.

[quote name='sabin23']Same here... there a bunch of these games on the shelf but they're all stickered up.[/QUOTE]

I always check everytime I'm in a CC to see if they have the sticker over the UPC. Occasionally I will find a few games. Over the last couple of weeks I've found Hulk GBA, Konami Arcade GBA, Big Mutha Truckers Xbox, Cat in the Hat PS2, Frogger PS2 and La Pucelle. Not the greatest of games but my son has fun with them and now I can trade in the GBA games for Nintendogs for him.

gotta swing by CC tomorrow to see if i can find any of those $1.99 GBA games... hopefully the deal isn't dead like the topic says...

[quote name='SAGExSDX']gotta swing by CC tomorrow to see if i can find any of those $1.99 GBA games... hopefully the deal isn't dead like the topic says...[/QUOTE]

It's not dead, just getting harder to find games.

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse, but just thought I'd add to the list.

$1.99
X2: Wolverine's Revenge (PS2)

No longer works
Cabela's Deer Hunt 2004 Season (PS2)
Whirl Tour (PS2)
Project Eden (PS2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back