[DEAD?] The NEW Circuit City $1.99 Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thanks to CouRageouS for the original list. Newest additions are marked by **.

Playstation 2
18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker
2-pack (Dave Mirra/Smuggler's Run)
Aqua Aqua
Alter Echo
Auto Modellista
Backyard Basketball
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
Blood Omen 2
Bombastic
Big Mutha Truckers
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Cat in the Hat
Chessmaster
Commandos 2
Disaster Report
Disney's PK out of the shadows
Dynasty Warriors 4 XL **
Escape from Monkey Island
Eve of Extinction
Everquest Online Adventures
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
ESPN X-Games Skateboarding
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
Frequency
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge
Gravity Games Bike PS2
Grandia II
Gungrave
Haunted Mansion
Herdy Gerdy
I-Ninja
Jampack Vol. 10
Jampack Vol. 11
Jeopardy
Jet X2O
Jonny Moseley Mad Trix
Kinetica
La Pucelle Tactics
Legion: Legend of Exclaibur
Maximo GH
Men in Black 2 Alien Escape
Monster 4x4 : Masters of Metal ** Found this myself a couple days ago
Monster Jam Maximum Destruction
My Street
NBA 2K2
NCAA College Football 2K3
NCAA March Madness 2002
NCAA March Madness 2003
Oni
Project Eden
Pryzm Chapter One The Dark Unicorn
Rally Fusion PS2
Robot Alchemic Drive
Rygar
Scorpion King
Shadow Man: 2econd Coming
Silpheed
Smugglers' Run
Spawn: Armageddon
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Star Wars : Racer Revenge
State of Emergency
State of Emergency GH
Summer Heat Beach Volleyball
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Taz Wanted
Tekken Tag GH
Tribes: Aerial Assault
Twisted Metal Black
Wakeboarding Unleashed
Wallace and Gromit
Whirl Tour
World Destruction League: Thunder Tanks
X-Men: Next Dimension
X-Squad
Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Big Mutha Truckers
Bloodrayne
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Circus Maximus
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702)
Freedom Fighters
Genma Onimusha **
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
Great Escape
Gunvalkyrie
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
I-Ninja
Inside Pitch 2003
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (UPC 047875802513)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Minority Report
Mojo Morrowind XB
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
MX Superfly
Myst III Exile
Nascar Thunder 2002
New Legends
NHL 2002
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddyssee
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Spawn: Armageddon
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Thing
Transworld Snowboarding
Triple Play 2002
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
X2 Wolverine's Revenge
XGRA

Gamecube
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
Freedom Fighters
Freekstyle
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
I-Ninja
Jeremy Mcragth Racing
Looney Tunes: Back in Action
Lord of the Rings Two Towers
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
Prince of Persia Sands of Time **
Smashing Drive
Skies of Arcadia Legends
UFC Throwdown
WWE WrestleMania XIX

GBA
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Cat in the Hat
Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku
ESPN International Track & Field (GBC)
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
Earthworm Jim
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBA)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBC)
The Incredible Hulk
Legends of Wrestling II
Madden NFL 2004
Metal of Honor : Infiltrator
Midway Arcade Greatest Hits **
(Midway version, not Majesco version, check by looking at the bottom right corner of the front)
Pinball of The Dead
Pinobee
Razor Scooter GBA
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

[quote name='jacobv']Nice find. How many copies did they have?[/QUOTE]

There were 3 left when I stopped by this morning. I'm fixing to run back into town and pick up one for a friend, and if they aren't completely sold out, I'll pick one up for you, Follandboy.

I think this might be leftover from the $1.99 clearance sale they had a couple of months ago, or possibly the beginning of a new one (fingers crossed). If anyone else can confirm it at another CC, that'd be great.

Great great find. This is a little hard to come by in stores. If you can find it by all means grab it. Gamestop B&M usually seems to have it. I picked it up there for about $7 when they let me trade in two jampacks and a $2 CC game for the extra $10 in credit (Got lucky with that one).

Anyone know how to post an image? I've got the receipt scanned and saved as a JPG, but it says I'm not allowed to post attachments. What do I have to do to be able to post it?

Your ISP should have given you some webspace that you can FTP up to. Then you should be able to link to it from there.

PM me if you have any questions.

[quote name='Maverick CRV']Anyone know how to post an image? I've got the receipt scanned and saved as a JPG, but it says I'm not allowed to post attachments. What do I have to do to be able to post it?[/QUOTE]

imageshack or photobucket. then use the

[quote name='psunami']Your ISP should have given you some webspace that you can FTP up to. Then you should be able to link to it from there.

PM me if you have any questions.[/QUOTE]

I use RoadRunner, but I have no idea how to access that webspace or even upload the file to it. I'm a total n00b when it comes to stuff like FTP.

I'll try again later, but right now I've got to run back up there and make sure I get the last two copies. Also might check for some more $1.99 games. Wish me luck.

[quote name='psunami']Hey, if there is still another left... I'd take a copy too.

If not, no biggy.[/QUOTE]
I want to be third in line... if all three copies are still there... :)

Edited to add: nm, I just realized you said you were picking up a copy for a friend. But if anyone else finds a copy, I'd like one too.

Yep, confirmed. I picked one up in the Scottsdale Pavillions, AZ store a week ago. They only had one, though-- the excited employees checked their inventory for themselves before I could ask. :D
EDIT: In case of AZ Cagers, I know that the two Circuit Citys in Mesa do not have a copy too.

Well guys, no dice. Apparently someone caught wind of this earlier this morning (probably after I bought my copy), because all of the copies are now gone. I doubt they could have been purchased already, so my best guess is one of the employees was told to pull them off the shelves. Interestingly, the PS2 and XBox copies are gone too, although I'm not sure if they are part of the deal or if they were just already sold out.

I also tried to scan some other suspiciously tagged GC games to see what they'd ring up. The only "deal" I found was Sphinx & the Cursed Mummy ringing up for $9.99 instead of the marked $19.99.

For those of you who are looking at CC later today, let me know how it goes. I hope at least one other person gets in on this deal.

As far as the receipt scan goes, is it possible that somebody could post it in this thread for me if I e-mailed it to you? I really don't want to mess with all the FTP junk.

Then don't mess with it--just go to image shack and upload it there :)

Just go to www.imageshack.us, click "browse", choose your file, then click "host it!", and then copy the URL it gives you into a CAG post. It seems too easy to be true, but it works.

[quote name='evilmax17']New addition to the $2 clearence or something?[/QUOTE]
Yea, theres probably a few more titles out there that aren't discovered at $2 yet. Its just a matter of store stock since it can differ so much with what you can find. I already made my store runs for the day but hopefully I can find one tomorrow. Anyone going today should also check the other versions and try a few other games.

[quote name='projecteightysix']I hope to God thats not will smiths cd you purchased.[/QUOTE]

A UPC search on Google says it's "Genesis" by Joy Williams, who, by the way, is pretty hot.

cdjoywilliams_genesis.jpg

Was this a greatests hits copy or orginal. Thats a great price for that game. It really is pretty good. I hate platformer games and loved this one.

[quote name='Scorch']A UPC search on Google says it's "Genesis" by Joy Williams, who, by the way, is pretty hot.

cdjoywilliams_genesis.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Gotta love UPC searching :D

Thanks for the news, OP. I can afford 2 bucks for a game like PoP. I've barely played it, but I really enjoyed the PS2 version. I'll be checking my CC for the GameCube or Xbox version tonight.

[quote name='jer0009']Does not work on xbox version[/QUOTE]

I was just about to ask if it worked on the Xbox version, since only the PS2 version is still for sale at CircuitCity.com . If I go to Circuit City later, I'll see if there are any GameCube copies left.

It's too bad that original $1.99 sale thread went off topic and got locked. Like it was already mentioned in this post, there are probably still games out there that are $1.99 that haven't been found yet, so additions like this would have kept the thread going.

Yea that sucks, if that thread stayed nice and clean people might have been more motivated to try more titles. We should have even compiled a list of games that didn't work and what they rung up for if it was cheaper than the label. I have the list saved on my comp and I have a printed out one that I added the last few additions to.

Just got back from my local. Had them check stock (when I couldnt find any) Computer (I saw) listed Zero, but the $1.99 price was there. Oh well.

I'll go down to my CC to check it out now, if I see multiple, I'll get maybe 2 or 3 extra copies for yall, I don't want to get TOO greedy :) I'll keep you posted.

Nice, I've been meaning to pick up PoP:SoT. I'll check my local CC and see if they have any left. Also, can anyone pick up a copy for me just incase I don't find one. Thanks!

Darn! I have been wanting to pick up POP:SOT for such a long time, but I checked my Circuit City and not a single copy was to be found. Oh well!

BrerDan

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Was this a greatests hits copy or orginal. Thats a great price for that game. It really is pretty good. I hate platformer games and loved this one.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the GC version has gone players choice yet, so it would be the original version.

And yeah, this is a great deal. I was amazed to find it. I was expecting it to ring up at $19.99 instead of the $39.99 at which it was tagged, but when $1.99 showed up, I almost had to change my pants.

If I were smart I would have grabbed every copy right then and there. DANG IT.

Hmmm...well...I want this, but I already have it for PS2...I'd like to play it on Cube, but I'll be fair and leave it for someone else, I guess.

I still need to check on 1 cent MAT2...

I bet all the copies were grabbed by the employees (they play games too & love a great deal).

When I worked at Sears, I routinely bought cheap games. Minus my store discount, they came to ~$3.00 each. Also got my hands on several PS1 LCD screens for only $5. Then I turned around and sold the games for $30 each, to help pay my bills.

If I was working at Circuit City, I would have grabbed those games off-the-shelf as soon as I finished handing you the receipt.

Troy

[quote name='electrictroy']I bet all the copies were grabbed by the employees (they play games too & love a great deal).

When I worked at Sears, I routinely bought cheap games. Minus my store discount, they came to ~$3.00 each. Also got my hands on several PS1 LCD screens for only $5. Then I turned around and sold the games for $30 each, to help pay my bills.

If I was working at Circuit City, I would have grabbed those games off-the-shelf as soon as I finished handing you the receipt.

Troy[/QUOTE]

I don't like you and I hope you're banned from the site.

[quote name='electrictroy']I bet all the copies were grabbed by the employees (they play games too & love a great deal).

Troy[/QUOTE]

Just a hint - some people don't take kindly to 1) Bragging hoarders and 2) Bragging hoarders who then sell the games for a profit, thereby denying other CAGers a piece of the deal.

ala Scorch.

Troy[/QUOTE]

Second post and already been hated lol. Poor you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back