[DEAD] The WAR goes on Demon's Souls 33$+10GC at Amazon

Amazon, walmart, even gamestop and k-mart. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!? Did publishers start selling games to retailers for 30 at launch or something? This is crazy

[quote name='dino88']Seriously, how many fucking Demon's Souls thread do we need?[/QUOTE]

No Shit! Tomorrow it will be $29.99 next.

[quote name='menikmati']If it drops to $29.99, it may warrant me getting pissed off at the game when it gets tough.[/QUOTE]

You mean as soon as you put the game in your PS3? :lol:
This game punishes you from start to finish and it never stops. The thing is, you'll like it, and you'll ask for more!
Totally worth full retail price, imo. This is a crazy deal!

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']man this is tempting.

worth 32.99$?[/QUOTE]
Worth $60. Maybe more. I bought this, now I have to just find a PS3. Had some credit built up, only 23 spacebucks was too goddamn tempting. Probably borrow or hang out at a friend's to play it until I get my own system.

With all the money I'm saving on this game I can afford to buy an extra Dualshock 3 for when I throw my first one out the window.

[quote name='Puffa469']With all the money I'm saving on this game I can afford to buy an extra Dualshock 3 for when I throw my first one out the window.[/QUOTE]
Wrist-strap is your friend. ;)

Love it Love it Love it. :D

It's like their egos depend on it. I really hope this trend will carry over to other games. FFXIII is showing signs of this...

This is becoming extremely difficult. I've got a massive enough backlog as it is thanks to all the sales this year. But I don't know if there will be as sweet a deal 6 months from now. The $10 credit would essentially get me 3D Dot Game Heroes for free. Very, very tempting. If it drops sub $30 I'll have to bite...

HEY AMAZON GUY, I know you're reading this!

Match the kmart $30 bayonetta price so I can finally buy it!

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

[quote name='Vortextk']Amazon, walmart, even gamestop and k-mart. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!? Did publishers start selling games to retailers for 30 at launch or something? This is crazy[/QUOTE]

Publishers have ALWAYS sold games to retailers for $30 at launch. At least to BIG buyers like Walmart, BestBuy, Amazon and Gamestop.
Mom and pop shops might pay $35-$40, but either way they are making $20-$30 profit per game.

There hasn't been much price competition until recently so the margins have held. Now all hell is breaking loose.

I'm not surprised to see a retailer with no B&M cut margins to $10/game and make it up on volume.
And I'm not surprised to see Gamestop matching that ($45 new releases) in order to maintain their marketshare.
Remember if Gamestop loses games sales it cannot make them up in other departments.
Look what happened to Blockbuster and Hollywood when Netflix came around. Empires are crumbling.
All other retailers, and especially Amazon, make profits on a wide variety of other items, so stealing gamestop marketshare is a no lose for them.

good part is at gamestop u can use the 15new code and get $4.95 off lol so makes it $28.04 b4 tax tho it expire today the 15new code so got to love usin that code to get it for $28 then u get that
Get $10 off a future order when you purchase Demon's Souls. The $10 coupon code will be emailed within 24 hours of order shipment. Online Offer only

[quote name='raiser']Publishers have ALWAYS sold games to retailers for $30 at launch. At least to BIG buyers like Walmart, BestBuy, Amazon and Gamestop.
Mom and pop shops might pay $35-$40, but either way they are making $20-$30 profit per game.

There hasn't been much price competition until recently so the margins have held. Now all hell is breaking loose.

I'm not surprised to see a retailer with no B&M cut margins to $10/game and make it up on volume.
And I'm not surprised to see Gamestop matching that ($45 new releases) in order to maintain their marketshare.
Remember if Gamestop loses games sales it cannot make them up in other departments.
Look what happened to Blockbuster and Hollywood when Netflix came around. Empires are crumbling.
All other retailers, and especially Amazon, make profits on a wide variety of other items, so stealing gamestop marketshare is a no lose for them.[/QUOTE]

Having worked for a large studio with a video game publishing arm, I can state for a fact that this is 100% incorrect. Even big retailers only get a 20-30% discount on new games. Most smaller retailers get 10-15% and that's only if they buy a minimum of five copies. That's why many mom and pop stores specialize in used games or even go to those sales at TRU or elsewhere to stock up on games as they will get them for less than they pay from their distributor. Sometimes, a publisher will provide incentives in the form of credits to spur sales, but it usually is not right at launch and it's not cash back, it's credit against future orders. These sales are designed to gain market share, not actually squeeze out profits in the short term and it is unlikely that they are making anything on these games.

Decided to bite. Cancelled my 3DDGH order and used the credit + GC to get Demon's Souls for $16. I'll just wait for a deal on 3DDGH and use the $10 towards that :)

Thanks OP.

[quote name='SDC']Looks like GTA: episodes from Liberty City is down to $30 to match GS, though.[/QUOTE]

This is a great deal for the GTA Episodes. Just $29.99 plus free shipping and no tax and a $10 gift card. Just bought it!!!

[quote name='Skoad']Worth $60. Maybe more. I bought this, now I have to just find a PS3. Had some credit built up, only 23 spacebucks was too goddamn tempting. Probably borrow or hang out at a friend's to play it until I get my own system.[/QUOTE]

It might be one of a very, very small group of games this generation worth $100.

If Amazon gets close on FFXIII, I'll bite. I have the $10 from the Bioshock 2 deal earlier this week, so that'd put it close to $20 dlvd with my Prime account.

Um, if you haven't played this yet, you should buy this right now. $33 plus another $10 towards another game is a fantastic deal for this game.

Damn you, OP.

With this purchase I've officially spent too much money over the past week. BUT - ....I'm not buying at full price, and if I continue these credited purchases, I'll eventually have enough to get a free new release game.

But still, damn you OP.

Price back up to $49.99 at Amazon? Still comes with $10 gc though.

Edit: On the right side of the page, the price is $32.99 :)

[quote name='inanim8']Price back up to $49.99 at Amazon? Still comes with $10 gc though.

Edit: On the right side of the page, the price is $32.99 :)[/QUOTE]

this deal is still alive for $32.99, just click on the link to the right side of the page.

I bought this based on all the great reviews from fellow CAGs even though i have a feeling im going to be selling this w/in a week of playing it. At least i will still get $10 credit

bread's done
Back