*Dead* Tron: Legacy $5 DMR Coupon

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/tron-couponTron: Legacy

The coupon is stated to be for the 4-disc or 5-disc set, but has been proven to work with 2-disc as well. The Target ad states this coupon may not be combined with the $8 off (when buying Legacy and Classic together) promo, but the register WILL combine them if the cashier is clueless.

If you're experiencing issues printing, try using IE or Chrome as FF may conflict with the coupon printer app.

Coupon is now dead; leaving open for discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='basketb']For this to work, all the cashier has to do is scan 2 DMR coupons (one applies to each of the Trons, you couldn't use two of those coupons on just one Tron movie), the $8 savings are automatic, and the $5 bunny munny coupon usually needs a manual overwrite (if the cashier were to read the DMR coupon and/or knew Target's restriction stated in the ad, then this obviously wouldn't work).[/QUOTE]
Ah, so my hypothesis from day one that the coupon might work on Classic was correct!

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Thanks for your heads up. I didn't have Bunny Munny, but I used the $5 coupon at Northgate Target without a hitch. I was already heading there, but when I saw your post I printed out the coupon. :D[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help a fellow Seattle CAGer! :)

I tried to pm target at best buy for the $8 off tron + tron legacy 3d and use the $5 dmr coupon... they wouldn't give me the $8 off but they gave me the $5 off they were doing in addition to the $5 dmr coupon... got both for $34.98+ tax

Tron was 19.99 at best buy, $5 off if you bought Legacy. I could've done both for 35.98, but I just got TL 3D for 19.99 after the coupon. The original is pretty good, but I liked Legacy a lot more looking back. I'll get the original one of these days.

[quote name='arcane93']For some reason the bonus doesn't show up on the "my recent codes" list on the main page. Go to "My DMR" and then "My Points" (if you don't land there automatically), and you should see the bonus points, listed as a separate line item.[/QUOTE]

when you enter the code, it lists it as 200 points for the 4 pack, but it actually gives you 400. out of the box it says "Congratulations - you've earned double points!"

if you click on my points you will see 2 entrys:
200 Tron: Legacy 3D Blu-ray
200 Tron: Legacy 3D Combo Pack Double Points

[quote name='Indiana Jones']So what are people finding for the best deal to get Tron and Tron Legacy?

I was just contemplating buying the box set with the identity disc, but now I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

I'm finding not a single store in my area even has any Tron OG's left in stock.

Sweet, it worked!

Just for reference. I got:(at Target in PHX)

Tron 3-D bluray 4 disc set
Tron OG bluray 2 disc

and used one DMR and the dvdtalk coupon. Came to 29.84 with tax!

Also I'm so pissed, the DMR site ran out of the Tron busts :(

I suspect the T-shirt at Best Buy originally supposed to come FREE when you buy the Blu-ray.. The receipt says "Gift with purchase" and BTW can you get this T-shirt else where too or it's a BB exclusive? The package doesn't say it's a BB exclusive T-shirt. Sucks that it can't be combined with DMR coupon :(

So I got my 5 disc set with the ID disc from amazon... and the lights don't work. Gonna contact Amazon about that. Target accepted the coupon and I ended up with the 3d pack and tron for $35 and change after tax. Whoohoo.

Also I went to best buy and picked up a T shirt. I'm confused about the sound tracks though. There's the Legacy sound track, is there now a remix of it? And is the original tron movie soundtrack also out? Too confusing.

Just a heads up for folks who only want Tron Legacy ... The comic TRU gives out with the blu-ray is awesome. It's actually a $10 bound graphic novel and not just a comic book. It's also the official prequel to legacy. I highly recommend picking it up at TRU with the $5 off coupon and scoring a cool book with it. Better than the Target deal for me personally

Really impressed with a quick skim through the original Tron, the Bluray looks really good, considering the age/processes involved with this movie. I was expecting the CGI to only look a bit better than DVD but some of the scenes are pretty impressive...

So is it cheaper to get the separate Tron: Legacy and Tron: classic sets vs
the 5 Disc Tron Legacy/classic non collectors edition double feature set(doesn't look like it's on sale really @ $69.99 at Target)?

I see the combo pack is on sale @ Best Buy for $50 so that may be the best bet with coupons?

Still trying to decide what versions to buy as there are so many choices lol

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']I suspect the T-shirt at Best Buy originally supposed to come FREE when you buy the Blu-ray.. The receipt says "Gift with purchase" and BTW can you get this T-shirt else where too or it's a BB exclusive? The package doesn't say it's a BB exclusive T-shirt. Sucks that it can't be combined with DMR coupon :([/QUOTE]

The shirt is not free, the ad for BB show that the shirt is 7.99 with purchase of legacy.

[quote name='mig0']I'm confused about the sound tracks though. There's the Legacy sound track, is there now a remix of it?[/QUOTE]No, but the soundtrack is horribly incomplete regardless. Depending on where you order or are in the world, retailers got exclusive tracks to promote pre-orders. IIRC no less than five different tracks were not included in the core soundtrack, which is bullshit if you're a Daft Punk fan. I wanted to buy the full soundtrack, but after learning about that I just downloaded the individual tracks instead.
[quote name='Sinistar']So is it cheaper to get the separate Tron: Legacy and Tron: classic sets vs
the 5 Disc Tron Legacy/classic non collectors edition double feature set(doesn't look like it's on sale really @ $69.99 at Target)?

I see the combo pack is on sale @ Best Buy for $50 so that may be the best bet with coupons?

Still trying to decide what versions to buy as there are so many choices lol[/QUOTE]Even before all the discounts you're better off buying them individually. You even get Tron Classic on DVD as a bonus for paying less. Their pricing model for the 5-disc set is incredibly stupid.

Is there any chance someone could post a scan of the DMR coupon? I cant print mine as I am at work and cant install the printer driver. Thanks if anyone can do this.

[quote name='mediviper']Is there any chance someone could post a scan of the DMR coupon? I cant print mine as I am at work and cant install the printer driver. Thanks if anyone can do this.[/QUOTE]Can't happen, sorry.

Each DMR coupon has an unique bar code, so scanning a copy of the coupon wouldn't work because the scan would have the same bar code as the paper coupon would.

[quote name='shrike4242']Can't happen, sorry.

Each DMR coupon has an unique bar code, so scanning a copy of the coupon wouldn't work because the scan would have the same bar code as the paper coupon would.[/QUOTE]

I was afraid of that. Thank you though!

[quote name='Jodou']
Even before all the discounts you're better off buying them individually. You even get Tron Classic on DVD as a bonus for paying less. Their pricing model for the 5-disc set is incredibly stupid.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up, I already have the original Tron 20 anniversary dvd, but it's nice to have a spare copy :) I'll probably get the two sets separately then.

Just wanted to report that I did use bunny money, DMR, and -$8 target deal together to get 4disc legacy and 2disc original for $27.....thanks CAG!!!!!

[quote name='LoveDragonDon']I suspect the T-shirt at Best Buy originally supposed to come FREE when you buy the Blu-ray.. The receipt says "Gift with purchase" and BTW can you get this T-shirt else where too or it's a BB exclusive? The package doesn't say it's a BB exclusive T-shirt. Sucks that it can't be combined with DMR coupon :(
[/quote]

[quote name='JPCERTIFIED']The shirt is not free, the ad for BB show that the shirt is 7.99 with purchase of legacy.[/QUOTE]

thats why he was saying "supposed to". Its just a guess but I bet he was right until best buy changed their minds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can somebody just link those of us that aren't following the wild goose chase of this "Bunny Money" thing? I go to DVDTalk, find nothing, I go to Slickdeals into the Tron thread, and a poster there says "go to the Tangled thread" and then I can't even find that because there are multiple threads.

It really shouldn't be this cryptic.

[quote name='dg7md']Can somebody just link those of us that aren't following the wild goose chase of this "Bunny Money" thing? I go to DVDTalk, find nothing, I go to Slickdeals into the Tron thread, and a poster there says "go to the Tangled thread" and then I can't even find that because there are multiple threads.

It really shouldn't be this cryptic.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. Just did some research too and found it here. Hope this helps you, and others. Just scroll down to post #39

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/588609-target-5-disney-blu-ray-coupon-2.html

The "bunny money" coupon won't scan just to let you guys know. Its not really a big deal but some Targets get funny about coupons that don't scan. I used one yesterday and didn't have any problems. Also in case anyone cares the Tron DMR coupon will scan and work for the classis Tron blu ray as well. So I got both blu rays for $22 plus tax after the $15 in coupons and $8 instant savings.

[quote name='cleaver']I didn't realize that
God from South Park was based on the master program
in Tron.[/QUOTE]
Dammit, now I feel old.

David Warner who is the 'bad guy' in the original tron is also Ra's al Ghul in Batman The Animated Series....i didnt know that till i watch this movie again and notice it right away.

Also i manage to pick it up at my local Walmart which pricematched the target deal for me. The nice bonus that Target doesnt have is that it has the special cover limographic(spelling?) for Tron 3D. I even manage to get it for the 8 dollars off price on top of $5 off coupon. They werent suppose to pricematch it but i figure, what the heck.

I had to go through all the dvd sets to find one that the stickers didnt ruin it and manage to find one after peeling off 10 different sets lol. I hate it when they add those stupid stickers on them.

[quote name='FireWarrior']Just went to two different Targets. Both were out of Tron the OC on BD.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went to like 3 Targets in my area (Phoenix East Valley), same thing.. I hope they get some more in by Saturday at least, while it's still on sale.. I guess I can try to go to Best Buy today and see if they can price match.

On Tuesday, they ran out of the Classic Tron and had a single 3D bundle Legacy (btw, was it supposed to come with a slipcase? because mine doesn't have one). So I bought it for Bunny Munny+DMR for 15+tax. Today, they finally had Classic Tron and I bought it using the DMR coupon. The question now is, should I try to be a Gree(e)dy sunovabitch to see if customer service would combine my orders to get me the 8 dollars off from combining them or just accept that i've already gotten this much off.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Don't call it that.[/QUOTE]

You got a problem with Tron being called a "classic?" Or just "OC?"

I just used the coupons on the Tron Legacy 2-disc Blu-ray, as a reminder, it WILL scan and work even on the standard Blu-ray set without the 3D. They were sold out of the 4-disc and the Tron Classic, but I didn't really want those versions anyway.

[quote name='nintendolink007']David Warner who is the 'bad guy' in the original tron is also Ra's al Ghul in Batman The Animated Series....i didnt know that till i watch this movie again and notice it right away.

Also i manage to pick it up at my local Walmart which pricematched the target deal for me. The nice bonus that Target doesnt have is that it has the special cover limographic(spelling?) for Tron 3D. I even manage to get it for the 8 dollars off price on top of $5 off coupon. They werent suppose to pricematch it but i figure, what the heck.

I had to go through all the dvd sets to find one that the stickers didnt ruin it and manage to find one after peeling off 10 different sets lol. I hate it when they add those stupid stickers on them.[/QUOTE]

What special 3d cover? Is your Target one of the evil ones that throws the slipcover away since they don't fit in the stupid security cases?

Thankfully my local Target woke up and quit putting new releases in the security cases. Was nice to get unmolested Trons this week. (also last week the new releases were bare)

Well luckily both Targets restocked Tron but one of them was out of Tron Legacy 3D so I went to just one to pick up both for 29.21 using both the the DMR and the Bunny Munny coupon! So glad I cancelled my B&N and Amazon orders!

[quote name='noone13']The "bunny money" coupon won't scan just to let you guys know. Its not really a big deal but some Targets get funny about coupons that don't scan. I used one yesterday and didn't have any problems. Also in case anyone cares the Tron DMR coupon will scan and work for the classis Tron blu ray as well. So I got both blu rays for $22 plus tax after the $15 in coupons and $8 instant savings.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, today I had a problem with the copy of the bunny munny coupon that wouldn't scan so they wouldnt accept it at Target. I managed to get Legacy there using one of my DMR coupons. However they they were OOS on Tron: Classic, so I went to the closest Best Buy and my other DMR coupon did not work Classic there at all, so I didn't bother to get it. How did you get it to work on Classic if the DMR says it only works on Legacy?

The Bunny Munny coupon scanned at the Target I went to but it took the cashier a couple of tries, holding the scanner pretty far away before it worked.

Dude, I made out very well at Target today. It was the only target within 4 hours of my house that still had Tron "Original" so I only had one shot at this.

Tron Legacy 3D 24.99
Tron "Original" 19.99
-5 tron coupon
-5 tron coupon
-5 easter coupon
-8 target promotion

=$22 Total. :) Thank you CAG.

Just for fun, how much are these 2 films going to cost next week? Tron Legacy 3D will be like $35 and Tron "original" will be like $30???
$22 sounds a lot better than $65

Not sure how I feel about you guys scamming Target with these coupons and sales which aren't intended to be stacked like that. Part of me feels that Target should know their own policies and should read the fine print on the coupons, but the more you guys try and take advantage of the sales and coupons, the less of them we're going to see in the future.

Went to target to get the 4 disc combo, was about to grab it when I had to chase my kids instead. Lady grabbed the last one as I was walking back to the display! Had to go to BB instead. had them PM the target $8 off plus the $5 DMR coupon. So I got Tron Classic and 4 Disc Legacy for $34. Got a second set of the Legacy with 2nd DMR plus $5 off of Tron Evolution on PS3.

[quote name='spmahn']Not sure how I feel about you guys scamming Target with these coupons and sales which aren't intended to be stacked like that. Part of me feels that Target should know their own policies and should read the fine print on the coupons, but the more you guys try and take advantage of the sales and coupons, the less of them we're going to see in the future.[/QUOTE]

I agree it's pretty shady. I wouldn't have known about it if I didn't read this thread. But I did the same thing when I got Toy story 1 and Toy Story 2 for $6 total. You're almost certainly right that these deals are going to go away in the future from us ruining it. Disney consistently gives out great blu ray promotions and hopefully at least they will continue to keep it up but who knows. Target probably won't.

I'm a target red card holder, so using the bunny coupon wasn't much of a problem except that it shouldn't have been combined with the other coupon. I admit using 2 Tron DMR coupons along with it was shady. I feel kind of shitty about it but hopefully Target makes enough revenue that I don't put them out of business.

[quote name='Sinistar']How did you get it to work on Classic if the DMR says it only works on Legacy?[/QUOTE]
Target simply has it set up to work in their system, where as BB does not.

[quote name='Jodou']Target simply has it set up to work in their system, where as BB does not.[/QUOTE]

OK cool I will try to go to target and try later. Thanks for info.

bread's done
Back