*Dead* Tron: Legacy $5 DMR Coupon

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/tron-couponTron: Legacy

The coupon is stated to be for the 4-disc or 5-disc set, but has been proven to work with 2-disc as well. The Target ad states this coupon may not be combined with the $8 off (when buying Legacy and Classic together) promo, but the register WILL combine them if the cashier is clueless.

If you're experiencing issues printing, try using IE or Chrome as FF may conflict with the coupon printer app.

Coupon is now dead; leaving open for discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Target one might be a Target coupon and not an MFR. So its possible to combine if that's the case.

Best bet is that it will be $5 though, since Amazon had that $5 off clipped coupon deal a while back.

If you have the five-disc set pre-ordered at Amazon, you might want to think about getting the two-disc Tron Classic set and the four-disc Tron Legacy set at Target instead. Here's why:

Tron Legacy 4-disc set: $24.99 @ Target (2D BD / 3D BD / DVD / DC)
Tron Classic 2-disc set: $19.99 @ Target (BD / DVD)
$5 DMR coupon: -$5.00
$8 off combined purchase: -$8.00

Total for both would be $31.98 AC.

[quote name='wormraper']here's really hoping that DMR puts out a coupon for Tron classic as well. I'm surprised they didn't already[/QUOTE]

Given Disney's recent history with the coupons.. $5 off the 4 Pack with 3D thats about it most likely.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you have the five-disc set pre-ordered at Amazon, you might want to think about getting the two-disc Tron Classic set and the four-disc Tron Legacy set at Target instead. Here's why:

Total for both would be $31.98 AC.[/QUOTE]

WOW I will have to check this out. When does teh coupon come out and where do I get it?

[quote name='shrike4242']If you have the five-disc set pre-ordered at Amazon, you might want to think about getting the two-disc Tron Classic set and the four-disc Tron Legacy set at Target instead. Here's why:

Oh boy...decisions decisions.....buy them at target for around 32$ or get the collectors edition for 70$, man I cant believe I'm that much of a sucker for collectors editions!

EDIT: Eh screw it, I'll pick them up at Target, not only do you get an extra disc but its a far better price. I'll pick up a collectors in the future in the price drops and if not its not that big of a deal I suppose.

Target deal is toast unless you get lucky.

*ad scan removed, which states:

Get a $5 off coupon for a Tron Legacy 4- or 5-disc combo pack! See Target.com/movies for details. Coupon good until 04/10/11. Cannot be combined with $8 instant savings offer above. *

See, that's complete crap, since they get the $5 reimbursed back from Disney because it's a manufacturer coupon.

My guess is that the register will nullify out the $8 savings if you use the coupon, or they may just refuse to scan the coupon.

Without the $8 savings, it's $39.98 AC.

I might do this then sell the 3D Blu disc for ~$15 on eBay since I don't have a 3D TV. Both Tron movies for >$20 sounds about right for me. I love this site.

If these prices are accurate doesn't that make the 5-disc set way overpriced? Without coupons I can get 6-discs for 44.99+tax at Target, or forgo the DVD of the original movie and pay 5$ MORE at amazon? Seems like a price adjust is in order.

Do we know what the 5-disc set will be at Target? That LE edition looks awful.

Side note, anyone know why no digital copy of the first Tron? I'd rather have that over a DVD.

Ugh, if Target isn't accepting both coupons, I'll just keep my order for the 2-disc sets of both at Amazon. Assuming they price-match Target's ad, I'll actually be saving money since I won't be paying 8% tax and gas.

[quote name='junglalien']Target deal is toast unless you get lucky.

*ad scan removed, which states:

Get a $5 off coupon for a Tron Legacy 4- or 5-disc combo pack! See Target.com/movies for details. Coupon good until 04/10/11. Cannot be combined with $8 instant savings offer above. *[/QUOTE]
Lol, well if they want to shoot themselves in the foot, more power to them. I was only going to buy Legacy for $14.99, but both for $32 was tempting. I'll still try for it, but their loss if they want to be tools about it.

[quote name='shrike4242']See, that's complete crap, since they get the $5 reimbursed back from Disney because it's a manufacturer coupon.

My guess is that the register will nullify out the $8 savings if you use the coupon, or they may just refuse to scan the coupon.

Without the $8 savings, it's $39.98 AC.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they've got some deal with Disney where Disney is reimbursing them for some or all of the $8 in place of the coupon? I don't know, that's the only way I can make sense of it. Still, they've gone from definitely making a sale to "maybe" with that one.

[quote name='shrike4242']See, that's complete crap, since they get the $5 reimbursed back from Disney because it's a manufacturer coupon.

Without the $8 savings, it's $39.98 AC.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you go for the $8 instead of the coupon and make it $36.98 if they won't do both?

[quote name='stubadub']Why wouldn't you go for the $8 instead of the coupon and make it $36.98 if they won't do both?[/QUOTE]

Basically, the coupon is for if you're only buying Tron: Legacy, whereas the $8 deal is for if you're buying both. All they're saying is they won't let you combine them. Not that I'm not going to try anyway. ;) I just need to decide in advance whether I'm still going to buy them or not if I get shot down.

[quote name='stubadub']Why wouldn't you go for the $8 instead of the coupon and make it $36.98 if they won't do both?[/QUOTE]

You speak the truth.

is anyone else having a problem with the site? i can get the first page open thru the OP's link but when i try to get the actual coupon the site isn't found... is it not available until sunday?

[quote name='vanton619']is anyone else having a problem with the site? i can get the first page open thru the OP's link but when i try to get the actual coupon the site isn't found... is it not available until sunday?[/QUOTE]
I was just able to print my two coupons without issue. Maybe try again now?

[quote name='vanton619']is anyone else having a problem with the site? i can get the first page open thru the OP's link but when i try to get the actual coupon the site isn't found... is it not available until sunday?[/QUOTE]I was also able to print the coupon. Think I'll just pick up the 4 Disc BluRay at BB.

Just a heads up, I didn't want to pay over 50 bucks for 2 movies so.. I ordered the 2 blu-ray pack on Amazon.uk. Since most Blu's are region free, it wil play on my PS3 and I am only paying $28.96 shipped. Just thought this would help those like me who can't stomach the high prices for the Blu-ray sets in the US.

[quote name='ceck3969']Just a heads up, I didn't want to pay over 50 bucks for 2 movies so.. I ordered the 2 blu-ray pack on Amazon.uk. Since most Blu's are region free, it wil play on my PS3 and I am only paying $28.96 shipped. Just thought this would help those like me who can't stomach the high prices for the Blu-ray sets in the US.[/QUOTE]
FYI, their release date is over a week after US (and if you factor in how slow Amazon.uk is notorious for, even longer) so unless you can't get the deal to work at Target, it may not be worth the wait.

Because the coupon is for use on the 4 or 5-disc, I'm almost inclined to think this might work on Tron: Classic 2-disc. If they deny me on stacking the $8 promo, I'll give it a go.

Annoying... I tried printing it twice and it was sent to a printer that isn't on my network. By the time I fixed the printing setup, the site said I had already printed it the maximum number of times. Any way around this?

[quote name='Transformah']Annoying... I tried printing it twice and it was sent to a printer that isn't on my network. By the time I fixed the printing setup, the site said I had already printed it the maximum number of times. Any way around this?[/QUOTE]
None. You'll need to print again from another PC.

Man, I missed out on this yesterday with the ad scan mention. If it is $40 for both movies at Target, why the need to pick up both the same day? If the $8 savings is nullified, then you're no longer pressed into having to buy both. I mean surely the og Tron will be $10-$15 by Black Friday, pick it up then! I'm just gonna get the new Tron from wherever it comes out to be the cheapest.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Will Best Buy have the 4 disc version for 24.99 next week?[/QUOTE]
We don't know yet, but Target will for sure so you can PM.
[quote name='token2k6']Man, I missed out on this yesterday with the ad scan mention. If it is $40 for both movies at Target, why the need to pick up both the same day? If the $8 savings is nullified, then you're no longer pressed into having to buy both. I mean surely the og Tron will be $10-$15 by Black Friday, pick it up then! I'm just gonna get the new Tron from wherever it comes out to be the cheapest.[/QUOTE]We don't know that for sure, because there's always a chance the register still allows it. We also don't know if the coupon will work on Tron: Classic, so there's still that possibility of both for $30-35.

[quote name='token2k6']Man, I missed out on this yesterday with the ad scan mention. If it is $40 for both movies at Target, why the need to pick up both the same day? If the $8 savings is nullified, then you're no longer pressed into having to buy both. I mean surely the og Tron will be $10-$15 by Black Friday, pick it up then! I'm just gonna get the new Tron from wherever it comes out to be the cheapest.[/QUOTE]

I'm baffled that people keep pulling this "the $8 savings is nullified" crap. If you want the $8 savings, don't use the coupon. It's really that simple. Now, if you say "the $5 coupon is nullified", then that I'm totally down with, and yeah, it sucks. But it makes no sense that you'd choose the $5 coupon over the $8 savings.

So, yeah, $37 for both movies at Target. Unless, of course, the registers aren't actually programmed to only allow one of the discounts, which is very possible (it would, I would suspect, take a major software overhaul to make it either/or with a Target register discount and a scanned manufacturer's coupon, as that's not something they normally do).

The $8 savings may be nullified if you buy both and use the coupon, or it may not. We're just guessing here, though if it's not programmed into the registers, you might be able to pull it off.

Due to the chance of it being a low supply for the movies (this is Disney we're talking about), I'm going to Target early on Tuesday morning and I'll try using both to see what happens. If they both work, great, otherwise, I'll go with the $8 package savings.

[quote name='rexflexall']Where is this $8 off coupon from Target everyone is talking about?[/QUOTE]

There is no coupon. It's listed in next week's Target ad, and will happen automatically when both movies are rung up at the register together.

I'm definitely going to at least try to see if I can use the $5 DMR coupon in addition to the $8 combo discount. Target employees have unwittingly let me get away with a lot in the past.

[quote name='shrike4242']The $8 savings may be nullified if you buy both and use the coupon, or it may not. We're just guessing here, though if it's not programmed into the registers, you might be able to pull it off.

Due to the chance of it being a low supply for the movies (this is Disney we're talking about), I'm going to Target early on Tuesday morning and I'll try using both to see what happens. If they both work, great, otherwise, I'll go with the $8 package savings.[/QUOTE]

Yep, this is definitely an 8am Tuesday sort of deal to try to get in on, both due to Target's abysmal stocking levels of Disney movies (I'm thinking Legacy might be well stocked, the original Tron not so much) and the confusion about how the stacking will be disallowed.

C'mon, East Coasters-- we're relying on you!! (you also have the best chance of it all working, it might be shut down by the time 8am PDT rolls around..)

[quote name='Justin42']Yep, this is definitely an 8am Tuesday sort of deal to try to get in on, both due to Target's abysmal stocking levels of Disney movies (I'm thinking Legacy might be well stocked, the original Tron not so much) and the confusion about how the stacking will be disallowed.

C'mon, East Coasters-- we're relying on you!! (you also have the best chance of it all working, it might be shut down by the time 8am PDT rolls around..)[/QUOTE]
Agreed...early tuesday morning deal. I'll let ya know how it works here in WI

bread's done
Back