*DEAD* X Marks the Spot Scavenger Hunt - Official Xbox 360 contest with daily prizes

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'll take it :D

Did you get a letter in the mail notifying you of your winnings?[/quote]

Yup, just a regular letter saying to expect my prize in a few weeks.

[quote name='yukine']Yup, just a regular letter saying to expect my prize in a few weeks.[/quote]

Does it ask you to reply or confirm anything, just curious incase I overlook(ed) a prize letter and trashed it. Now that I know who to expect it from, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

[quote name='chines37']The letter is from some law(?) firm who is handling the prize distribution on microsoft's behalf. I don't remember the name of the firm but it is Somebody & Somethingorother (meaning 2 names). Just don't think it is junkmail and throw it out.

I won a 3rd place daily prize of a *game to be named later*. They stated it would be a retail price of $50, so I guess it won't be orange box or something sweet like that. I suppose it is better than gum!

Good luck everyone.[/quote]

My guess is something like Madden or NCAA

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Does it ask you to reply or confirm anything, just curious incase I overlook(ed) a prize letter and trashed it. Now that I know who to expect it from, I'll keep my eyes peeled.[/quote]
Nope, you only contact them if you need to update them on a change of address.

The letter is from a company called "Marden-Kane Inc" if that helps.

I didn't get to see this until the last two days, but thanks to everyone who did post those clues. I doubt I'll win anything, in fact, I know I won't, but thanks anyway :p

[quote name='kensterdotnet']I'm going to leave the page open and see what happens after the countdown.[/quote]

It just says, "contest is over"

Good luck in the drawings, everyone!

I hope more people start getting letters in the mail.

[quote name='Miranda']It just says, "contest is over"

Good luck in the drawings, everyone!

I hope more people start getting letters in the mail.[/quote] How did you do that! Time traveler.

Good job guys. Now it's the waiting game.

[quote name='danked']drawings on the 14th, right?[/quote]

People have already been receiving letters for the first round of daily and weekly drawings. I believe the big drawing is the 14th but the daily and weekly drawings have already started.

[quote name='archangelreb']Free stuff is good.[/quote] Yea, free stuff is always good.

[quote name='Vanilla Gorilla']WOOT! Another $20 Dominoes card for a CAGer.

I can't believe I won something. Thanks for the answers guys.[/quote] Congrats dude.

[quote name='Vanilla Gorilla']WOOT! Another $20 Dominoes card for a CAGer.

I can't believe I won something. Thanks for the answers guys.[/quote]

Congrats man.

CAG winners so far:

Daily Prize Drawings:

1st prize (Mt. Dew mini-fridge): 1
2nd prize (SCH-I760 phone): 1
3rd prize (Xbox 360 game): 6
4th prize (Activision sweatshirt): 0
5th prize ($20 Dominos GC): 4
6th prize (Big Red gum): 0

Weekly Prize Drawings:

Grand prize (Xbox 360 Elite): 0
1st prize (Zune): 0

Grand Prize Drawing:

Grand prize (Pontiac G6 Coupe + gum): 0
1st prize (Ultimate Home Entertainment & Gaming System + gum): 0
2nd prize (5 day/4 night trip for 4 to any Beaches Resort): 0
3rd prize: (Adidas "Game On" Package): 0

I say wait until the 20th to start worrying if you won anything or not. Not everyone will get their letter or whatever they send in the mail at the same time or week. Just be patient, my young padiwan.

sweet!!! i won a serivce contract letter re-telling me about my extended waranty for the 5th time!!! o wait I didnt win that???

[quote name='kensterdotnet']When you get a letter in the mail saying that you won something.[/quote]

so the mail? not the email?

[quote name='Kryptinite']I'm ranked 228 so I better win something.[/QUOTE]
If only rank had anything to do with winning. (I'm 30 in rank)

tough to say the exact number, but assuming the roughly 46000 entrants submitted half of the available answers, that would be (180*46000), or 8,280,000 entries. just figure in the number of entries you submitted and the number of each prize available.

edit: that number doesn't really apply to the weekly drawings as those are dependent on entries submitted in a particular week. my bad.

[quote name='xtremedum']sweet!!! i won a serivce contract letter re-telling me about my extended waranty for the 5th time!!! o wait I didnt win that???[/quote]

:lol: I got another one as well and thought that I had won something.

I think I won something.

I missed the UPS guy today, so he left a note on the door. The package was shipped from YAC - which is Young America, and they handle a lot of the Pepsi/ Mountain Dew prizes. I don't know any other contest I could have received anything from.

I checked the tracker online and the package weighed 23 lbs - which, if memory serves, is what the Mountain Dew fridge I won from the Transformyoursummer contest weighed; and I remembered they were giving fridges away in this contest, too.

Oh well - I'll know tomorrow when I pick it up on the way home from work.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I think I won something.

I missed the UPS guy today, so he left a note on the door. The package was shipped from YAC - which is Young America, and they handle a lot of the Pepsi/ Mountain Dew prizes. I don't know any other contest I could have received anything from.

I checked the tracker online and the package weighed 23 lbs - which, if memory serves, is what the Mountain Dew fridge I won from the Transformyoursummer contest weighed; and I remembered they were giving fridges away in this contest, too.

Oh well - I'll know tomorrow when I pick it up on the way home from work.[/quote] Did you ever get the letter? Oh yea, congrats. :)

[quote name='kensterdotnet']Did you ever get the letter? Oh yea, congrats. :)[/quote]

No, I didn't, but the Pepsi side never send letters (and I have won in the Every10Minutes, TFS and Callyourplay contests).

There is a chance I am wrong - but honestly, the only thing I am waiting on to arrive is a copy of Mass Effect, which obviously isn't 23 lbs. :lol:

And it is YAC, which means I won somehting somewhere, but the weight makes think it is a fridge.

[quote name='jtokchain5']whats the possiblility that u will win something from all the prizes including the car?[/quote]

Alright check this out. I decided to make a prize break-down. As far as I'm concerned all prizes will be awarded at the end (December 14th). Here we go.

FINAL (1 Drawing)
1 Grand Prize - Pontiac G6 GXP Coupe Automobile.
1 First Prize - Ultimate Home Entertainment & Gaming System* and the Plen-T-Packs Package**.
1 Second Prize - 5 Day/4 Night Trip (Airfare included) for 4 to any Beaches Resort.
1 Third Prize - Addidas "Game On" Package***.

WEEKLY (5 Drawings)
1 Grand Prize - Xbox 360 Elite Gaming Console and 12 Plen-T-Paks of Winterfresh Gum.
1 First Prize - Microsft Zune.

DAILY (36 Drawings)
1 First Prize - Mountain Dew Mini-Fridge.
1 Second Prize - Samsung SCH-I760 Phone.
14 Third Prize - Xbox 360 Game of Your Choice.
1 Fourth Prize - Activision Sweatshirt, 2 Activision T-Shirts, and 1 Plen-T-Pak of Big Red Gum.
6 Fifth Prize - 4 $5 Domino's Pizza Gift Coupons ($20).

Alright there are all the prizes to drool over. But that's not all, I went ahead and did all the math for you, that's right, all of it.

Let's see here we have 842 prizes total given out over the course of the sweepstakes. If you find all 360 Xs then that would give you 303,120 chances to win something. So you know how many entries you have, what are your chances of winning?

Let's assume that every contestant that is in the sweepstakes gets all 360 Xs (which we know isn't true), giving them 360 entries. Let's also assume that 50,000 people will enter this sweepstakes. In total that is 18,000,000 entries. This means that your chances of winning something are 303,120:18,000,000. This breaks down to about a 1:59.5 ratio. In non-mathematical terms this means that out of every 60 people that enter, one of them will win something.

I decided to break the sweepstakes down for people to have hope about winning. This does not take into consideration that you can only win the daily prize once and various minor rules such as that. For those that do not know, a winning ratio of 1:60 is not bad. Have hope, and happy X finding.

Oh and I most likely made a math or logical error somewhere, feel free to correct me if you find one. I only did this for fun purposes.

*Ultimate Home Entertainment & Gaming System consists of an Xbox 360 gaming system, a Panasonic HD Projector, a selection of Xbox 360 game titles that you will choose, a Bose Surround Sound Speaker System, a Zune, and the Plen-T-Packs Package**.

**The Plen-T-Packs Package consists of 12 packages of Wrigley Big Red, Winterfresh, Doublemint, Spearmint, and Juicy Fruit gum.

***The Addidas "Game On" Package consists of a head-to-head competition via Xbox Live with an Adidas Athlete, Adidas sports equiptment autographed by an Adidas athlete, and an Xbox 360 Elite console.

Posted back on page 44.

bread's done
Back