(DEAD) XBOX Live gold 12 Months Subscription 32.99 Buy.com on ebay

Thanks OP, I picked one up from AWD like 2 weeks back for $29.99 and this is close enough.

Thanks OP. I have a family gold now that is expiring in April and this works out to about the same price for me and my 2 kids. With the advantage being I don't have to enter my credit card info into my XBL profile and have to go through the hassle of trying to turn off auto-renew and getting the CC info removed again.

[quote name='jthieme']Thanks OP. I have a family gold now that is expiring in April and this works out to about the same price for me and my 2 kids. With the advantage being I don't have to enter my credit card info into my XBL profile and have to go through the hassle of trying to turn off auto-renew and getting the CC info removed again.[/QUOTE]

Are you able to use these cards towards family gold? I was thinking about getting it, but from what I could find on the xbox page it looks like there's no way around the $99 start up cost. I just assumed I would have to pay the start up cost, then use these cards to extend the time. Are either of those the case?

I started a gold account by taking one that had about 10 months remaining, and adding one of these cards to it. Also, any additional accounts you merge get months/2 added to the life of the account.

[quote name='barrit']Are you able to use these cards towards family gold? I was thinking about getting it, but from what I could find on the xbox page it looks like there's no way around the $99 start up cost. I just assumed I would have to pay the start up cost, then use these cards to extend the time. Are either of those the case?[/QUOTE]

It looks like you can do it by removing one of the members, redeeming the cards then adding them back. So with 2 of these I should be able to extend my family plan for another year. See the FAQ here under the heading Error: You can't buy this membership while your current Xbox LIVE Membership type remains active:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/family-pack-faq

And no, there isn't anyway to get around the start up cost as far as I know. And the caveat there is you will be tied to an autorenewing plan which will require you having a credit card tied to your xbox account. My card got hacked and someone used it to fraudulently buy XBLA content shortly after I purchased the family plan last year, the card on my account is no longer any good since I had to get it replaced but I'm not able to remove it from my account since it is tied to the family plan that is still active. There is no way I'm going to give them another card.

[quote name='bananafish900']I started a gold account by taking one that had about 10 months remaining, and adding one of these cards to it. Also, any additional accounts you merge get months/2 added to the life of the account.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks for the reply. I only need 2 accounts total, so I don't think it would be worth converting. Sounds like the month total would be the exact same thing as if I just add a card to each account.

I wonder what will happen to xbox live memberships that extend into the life of the new console? I'd stock up but I'm good until the beginning of next year.

[quote name='media_wonder']What an ass[/QUOTE]

I know, right?

Funny thing is that he's always telling me to be on the look out for cheap live cards. I know that his live expires in about three days, so maybe he went out and paid full price already.

It was unlike him to be so rude.

[quote name='ZForce915']I wonder what will happen to xbox live memberships that extend into the life of the new console? I'd stock up but I'm good until the beginning of next year.[/QUOTE]

Good question. Xbox Live cards for the original Xbox didn't work for X360. I wouldn't buy more than one or two.

[quote name='whitereflection']Good question. Xbox Live cards for the original Xbox didn't work for X360. I wouldn't buy more than one or two.[/QUOTE]

While the original Xbox live cards didn't work on the 360, you could migrate your xbox live account from the original xbox to a 360 and whatever months you had on your account transferred over from the orginal xbox to same number of xbox live gold on the 360. I would expect something similar when the next xbox iteration comes around. No way is MS going to give their most profitable customers a reason to hold back from giving MS even more $ when the next xbox comes out.

for silver (i'm guessing)
qQOp8.jpg

[quote name='Indignate']I know, right?

Funny thing is that he's always telling me to be on the look out for cheap live cards. I know that his live expires in about three days, so maybe he went out and paid full price already.

It was unlike him to be so rude.[/QUOTE]

Your friend probably already bought one for full price before you told him about the deal, then when you told him about the deal he was pissed off he just bought one. My theory anyway.

[quote name='jthieme']
My card got hacked and someone used it to fraudulently buy XBLA content shortly after I purchased the family plan last year, the card on my account is no longer any good since I had to get it replaced but I'm not able to remove it from my account since it is tied to the family plan that is still active. There is no way I'm going to give them another card.[/QUOTE]

Ya same thing happened to me earlier this month. I cancelled that card tied to my family account so when my Gold expires Microsoft will charge a card that no longer exists. Fine with me because I'm ditching this Family Gold. I bought two 12 month cards from this ebay deal, thx OP!

[quote name='whitereflection']Good question. Xbox Live cards for the original Xbox didn't work for X360. I wouldn't buy more than one or two.[/QUOTE]

I never had a problem redeeming them once the 360 hit. I bought a few original XBL cards for ~$12 lots of years back on clearance at Target. I miss those days :cry:

Lowest price I've ever seen on a 12-month XBL card, unbelievable. I thought the $36 price was insane (from MS and Amazon), but this beats that hands down. Finally bit and picked it up, thanks OP!

Are you sure? I'm not calling you out or anything, but I was under the impression they did work. My only basis for this is that I remember seeing Xbox memberships on Ebay and sellers indicated it worked on the 360's.

[quote name='fezlopez']Are you sure? I'm not calling you out or anything, but I was under the impression they did work. My only basis for this is that I remember seeing Xbox memberships on Ebay and sellers indicated it worked on the 360's.[/QUOTE]

I remember a thread about old xbox live being clearanced at some store and people taking advantage of it since it carried over to the 360.

[quote name='fezlopez']Are you sure? I'm not calling you out or anything, but I was under the impression they did work. My only basis for this is that I remember seeing Xbox memberships on Ebay and sellers indicated it worked on the 360's.[/QUOTE]

It's possible - you're not the only one in this thread saying so. Now that I think of it, the last card I tried was the one that came with Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes (from that eBay deal about a year or two ago that bundled it with Jade Empire for $5), which was a 1-month card. So either yearly cards always worked, or the cards stopped working more recently, way after Xbox 360 released - it might've been after the servers for all the original Xbox 1 games already shut down.

Lowest price I've ever seen for XBLG. Just picked one of these up. That'll extend me through October 2013, just about time for the next-gen Xbox if rumors are to be believed.

Wow, either lots of Live newbies or CAG newbies in here, cause these were $29 frequently at BB(and actually not long ago if your stores still had any old cards laying around that still say 49.99 if you use the semi-frequent $20 off text codes). I'm due up in August for renewal, and I'm out of cheap BB cards from 2 years ago(should've stocked up more), but the tax in IL makes it a good, but not great deal. Was disappointed to see the tax, because I used to get stuff from Buy.com a few years back, and didn't remember paying tax to them before.

[quote name='whitereflection']It's possible - you're not the only one in this thread saying so. Now that I think of it, the last card I tried was the one that came with Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes (from that eBay deal about a year or two ago that bundled it with Jade Empire for $5), which was a 1-month card. So either yearly cards always worked, or the cards stopped working more recently, way after Xbox 360 released - it might've been after the servers for all the original Xbox 1 games already shut down.[/QUOTE]

Now, that I remember, those Xbox cards DID have an expiration date!!! 'cause I remeber sellers describing that on their listing.

bread's done
Back