Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shotgunshine']I went to the Gamestop for the Buy 2 get one free sale right by my house but they pretty much had nothing I was interested in...well actually they had one game I wanted...Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne but it was $29.99 which is a little steep for me... I still considered buying it but there wasen't two other games I wanted. So I went to another Gamestop where they had SMT: Nocturne but for $17.99...was very happy when I saw that...so I scooped that up along with Dead Space 2 and Dead Island.[/QUOTE]

the first gamestop didnt change the price tag yet. SMT:Nocturne is down to $19.99/$17.99 PUR.

I had the same store that are lazy to update prices. One game i was eyeing was a used Viewtiful Joe 2 priced at $12.99 in that store, actual price of the game right now is $3.99. bought it in a heart beat.

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']make sure you enter the right code for your power up rewards, top numbers on the back of card[/QUOTE]

:p Oops. Works now.

I'm having seconds thoughts on the dot.Hack games now...My main issue being getting Quarantine and Rebirth

[quote name='elessar123']Yes, but on your free game (so no).[/QUOTE]

Ex. Batman $27 , borderlands $18 and dead island $18. Use the coupon towards batman. Would this work?

[quote name='ironmenpb']Ex. Batman $27 , borderlands $18 and dead island $18. Use the coupon towards batman. Would this work?[/QUOTE]

You can't choose what the coupon applies to, it goes to the cheapest game I believe. So it would be Batman, $27, Borderlands/Dead Island $18/$3(free).

And even if it did work that way it still would be a waste overall. Total for those games before coupon would be $45. With coupon Batman would turn into $14. So it would then be $18+18+0=$36 for a saving of $9 instead of $15.

Got some random e-mail about having 30 dollars store credit at GS. Got all excited. Found out it wasn't true. Bummed.

Might grab Asura's Wrath, Gears 3, and Dead Island or something. I'm in the minority that had a good time with AW.

[quote name='karyadi']Frontlines, Project Gotham 3 helps move GS credit to BS. Just a heads-up.[/QUOTE]

Oh geez, that will take forever at $2-3 plus bonus each. Too much work for too little gain especially given the trade in limits.

But thanks anyways.

[quote name='bob330i']Oh geez, that will take forever at $2-3 plus bonus each. Too much work for too little gain especially given the trade in limits.

But thanks anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's just moving credit though. Kinect Adventures is a good filler as well. You still make out though.

I'm probably going to go with LEGO Star Wars III, LEGO Pirates Of the Carribean, and Resonance Of Fate. Probably ends up being about $34, which is the credit I have on hand.

[quote name='TheLongshot']I'm probably going to go with LEGO Star Wars III, LEGO Pirates Of the Carribean, and Resonance Of Fate. Probably ends up being about $34, which is the credit I have on hand.[/QUOTE]

Seems like great choices, I was thinking of going for Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection, Blazblue and maybe Mass Effect 2. Is the cerberus network that important?

Blah, GS never has any games I want in stock, or at least in the same store so I can do these B2G1 deals. No vita games online at all, and all the HD collections I want are at different locations.

[quote name='karyadi']Yeah, it's just moving credit though. Kinect Adventures is a good filler as well. You still make out though.[/QUOTE]

Lmao. Filler for what? At that rate, you'll reached the 50 game mark and will have gotten a whopping $100! :D

[quote name='mr_top_hat']:p Oops. Works now.

I'm having seconds thoughts on the dot.Hack games now...My main issue being getting Quarantine and Rebirth[/QUOTE]

I got rebirth during the last PS2 B2G2. Was a nice score along with the 2nd one and Devil Summoner 1.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Lmao. Filler for what? At that rate, you'll reached the 50 game mark and will have gotten a whopping $100! :D[/QUOTE]

Army Rescue works as well. If you can find me some decent lower price -> higher price ratio from GS to BS by all means go ahead. Army Rescue $2.99 -> $4, Gotham Project $1.99 -> $2 and Kinect Adventures for $1.99 -> $2. I have a $45 BB gift card waiting to shift into an $50 Amazon gift card so it works for me. Buy these 3 with my gamestop credit, hit $50 mark.

Probably going to do a return/rebuy on Borderlands GOTY I got on Monday, then grab Dead Island and.....need 1 more in that price range. Problem is I've played everything and tend to get bored with certain types of games very quickly these days.

GUYS HELP

I can't decide between Pokemon Rumble Blast or Mario Kart 7. ;_;

Also, I'm at Gamestop now. Any votes some time soon would be appreciated. :3

NVM, I got Mario Kart 7.

My local Gamestop has a terrible selection of used games (smallish town will do that I guess). I got AC: Brotherhood, Captain America, and Mirror's Edge for ~$41. Had that in credit so no money out of pocket.

Okay, I think I'll use my B2G1 on Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection, Blazblue and Mass Effect 2 and the two 20% off coupons on Kinect Adventures/Project Gotham. They don't have Army Rescue near my local Gamestop, too lazy to travel.

[quote name='karyadi']Okay, I think I'll use my B2G1 on Ultimate Sega Genesis Collection, Blazblue and Mass Effect 2 and the two 20% off coupons on Kinect Adventures/Project Gotham. They don't have Army Rescue near my local Gamestop, too lazy to travel.[/QUOTE]

You're going to use a 20% off coupon on a $2 game? You've got to be kidding.

[quote name='karyadi']Army Rescue works as well. If you can find me some decent lower price -> higher price ratio from GS to BS by all means go ahead. Army Rescue $2.99 -> $4, Gotham Project $1.99 -> $2 and Kinect Adventures for $1.99 -> $2. I have a $45 BB gift card waiting to shift into an $50 Amazon gift card so it works for me. Buy these 3 with my gamestop credit, hit $50 mark.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. As long as you get it moved over. It does help that they're b2g1f.

[quote name='Tsel']You're going to use a 20% off coupon on a $2 game? You've got to be kidding.[/QUOTE]

Yep. :)

[quote name='weeman43302']My local Gamestop has a terrible selection of used games (smallish town will do that I guess). I got AC: Brotherhood, Captain America, and Mirror's Edge for ~$41. Had that in credit so no money out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

Mine had a great selection yesterday. Went back today and magically just about everything good had disappeared. Getting sick of this shit - I have a bunch of GS credit but I can never use it because of this garbage.

Went in today, didn't really see anything. I'm on the lookout for Dead Space: Extraction, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles and House of the Dead: Overkill. Unfortunately, my store didn't have all of them.

Hopefully next B2G1 I'll be able to wrangle them in.

[quote name='Mugatu']Mine had a great selection yesterday. Went back today and magically just about everything good had disappeared. Getting sick of this shit - I have a bunch of GS credit but I can never use it because of this garbage.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying they moved it or you got there too late? If it's the latter, it's your fault for not getting there when they opened....since you're getting sick of it...it must have happened before.

If they move it to the back, that's shady.

Random question: I read this before, but don't remember the answer. I bought something at GS, can I change the payment to GS credit and get the cash I spent back?

[quote name='mattcube64']That's dumb as fuck.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure he'll enjoy the gumball that he'll be able to buy with his savings.

Anybody know if I pay a portion in credit and rest in cash for games, will I get tax on it?

I usually pay off games completely with credit and wasn't charge tax but this time doesnt have enough credit.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Are you saying they moved it or you got there too late? If it's the latter, it's your fault for not getting there when they opened....since you're getting sick of it...it must have happened before.

If they move it to the back, that's shady.[/QUOTE]

Well they opened at 10, I got there at about 10:20 and there was nobody else there. Unless I missed a huge rush of people by seconds there's no way they sold out and this usually happens at this store - whenever there's a sale or special all the good deals disappear.

It's too bad because this store used to be very nice and friendly then GS opened another one about 15 miles away and most of the good people moved there (guess they lived in that part of town or something) and the manager changed. Since then it's pretty crappy.

I'd go to the other store but that one's out of my way for everything and I just wanted to rant a bit :lol:

Everybody mad because I be styling on yous. Could get LOTR: War in the North, flip $12.59 gamestop credit into base $14 best buy with 20% off coupon. Doesn't.

[quote name='Mugatu']Mine had a great selection yesterday. Went back today and magically just about everything good had disappeared. Getting sick of this shit - I have a bunch of GS credit but I can never use it because of this garbage.[/QUOTE]

I recommend using Pickup@store, it will save you the headache of having to track down the games you want. For instance I didn't want to risk not finding MGS HD so I used pick@store and its being held for me right now as we speak :)

Got: Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway 360 5.99, Ghost Recon 2 360 5.99, End War 360 Free. All get $4 at BB. 3 games get 25% bonus at BB equals a total TIV of $15. used FFXIII-2 coupon. Got it with just paying the tax.

[quote name='rey6eric']I recommend using Pickup@store, it will save you the headache of having to track down the games you want. For instance I didn't want to risk not finding MGS HD so I used pick@store and its being held for me right now as we speak :)[/QUOTE]

with a generic case probably

[quote name='karyadi']Everybody mad because I be styling on yous. Could get LOTR: War in the North, flip $12.59 gamestop credit into base $14 best buy with 20% off coupon. Doesn't.[/QUOTE]
Nobody's mad. We're dumbfounded by your idiocy.

[quote name='Tsel']Nobody's mad. We're dumbfounded by your idiocy.[/QUOTE]

I.E. you mad. I'm wondering if I should get 2 copies of Blazblue, and LOTR: War of the North instead. Just trade-in LOTR, to Best Buy and give the copy of Blazblue to my friend. The choices, the choices.

[quote name='Mugatu']Well they opened at 10, I got there at about 10:20 and there was nobody else there. Unless I missed a huge rush of people by seconds there's no way they sold out and this usually happens at this store - whenever there's a sale or special all the good deals disappear.

It's too bad because this store used to be very nice and friendly then GS opened another one about 15 miles away and most of the good people moved there (guess they lived in that part of town or something) and the manager changed. Since then it's pretty crappy.

I'd go to the other store but that one's out of my way for everything and I just wanted to rant a bit :lol:[/QUOTE]

They sound like a mess.

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']with a generic case probably[/QUOTE]

Lmao.

[quote name='tepro']Anybody know if I pay a portion in credit and rest in cash for games, will I get tax on it?

I usually pay off games completely with credit and wasn't charge tax but this time doesnt have enough credit.[/QUOTE]

In Texas, I had to pay the tax. YMMV on what state you purchase from.

[quote name='karyadi']I.E. you mad. I'm wondering if I should get 2 copies of Blazblue, and LOTR: War of the North instead. Just trade-in LOTR, to Best Buy and give the copy of Blazblue to my friend. The choices, the choices.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm fuming with rage because someone on a forum has let it be known that they are going to save 40 cents.

Someone please calm me down.

[quote name='tepro']Anybody know if I pay a portion in credit and rest in cash for games, will I get tax on it?

I usually pay off games completely with credit and wasn't charge tax but this time doesnt have enough credit.[/QUOTE]

You'll only be charged tax on the amount you owe after the credit. For example, the game is $60 and you use $50 credit. You'll be charged tax on $10.

[quote name='Tsel']Yes, I'm fuming with rage because someone on a forum has let it be known that they are going to save 40 cents.

Someone please calm me down.[/QUOTE]

Oh, we got a professional bad-fuck over here. :lol: Not sure I'm going to use my 20% anymore, anyone want it? I think it's justifiable enough to use the B2G1 get 2 copies of Blazblue/LOTR: War of the north, and just trading in LOTR. Pretty much 3 games for about $34.99 and getting back BB credit later. I don't intend to move more than one copy of LOTR anyways which seems the best.

Not sure I'm going to use my 20% anymore, anyone want it?

Hey sure.

Anyone have a clarification about the amounts of available credit stated in some of those e-mails that went out? Is it likely that I have 30 bucks floating somewhere in the Gamestop ether or do you think it's just an outdated value?

I know this is pretty silly, but is there any way to get each game at a different location, but still get the b2g1f? Three gamestops in my area don't have all the three games I want in one single store.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Not sure I'm going to use my 20% anymore, anyone want it?

Hey sure.

Anyone have a clarification about the amounts of available credit stated in some of those e-mails that went out? Is it likely that I have 30 bucks floating somewhere in the Gamestop ether or do you think it's just an outdated value?[/QUOTE]

Just PMed you the code.

Damn, just checked Amazon, might as well get 3 copies of LOTR War in the North. Trade-in's $14 as well. Trade one to best buy, and 2 to Amazon. Sorry games I wanna get.. maybe next time.

[quote name='camb1986']I know this is pretty silly, but is there any way to get each game at a different location, but still get the b2g1f? Three gamestops in my area don't have all the three games I want in one single store.[/QUOTE]

Buy Game 1 at Store A, Game 2 at Store B, return/rebuy those at Store C and pick up the third game there as well.

That's the only way I can think of.

Picked up my Metal Gear Solid HD PS3 during my lunch break. It looked brand new. Very happy about that. I was going to get Splinter Cell HD too, but I bought it at Newegg for $16 new instead. So I picked up a couple random games to flip, since all I wanted to MGSHD. Now I need to find 200 hours to play all of the MGS games...

Was going to get the CoD MW3 preowned for the B2G1. Found out that the price would be about $55. Instead I went for the spring break deal on it, and brought 9 other games. :)

[quote name='rapturestar']Was going to get the CoD MW3 preowned for the B2G1. Found out that the price would be about $55. Instead I went for the spring break deal on it, and brought 9 other games. :)[/QUOTE]

The price for MW3 used is 37.99, and I know the sales stack because I picked up Catherine

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back