(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='schultzed']Did anyone ever find out about this one? a local BB had $5 copies of this for Xbox and GC . . . I guess I can call later.

has anyone tried Freestyle Street Soccer?[/QUOTE]

The Gamecube version is POX. Not sure about the Xbox one.

Traded in:

R: Racing Evolution (GC) $1.50 (TRU 90% off DEAL)
Trivial Pursuit (PS2) $3 (TRU $5 coupon deal)
Devil May Cry 2 (PS2) $8.39 (Best Buy $5 deal + Shipping Cost) Traded for it

Total: $12.89
Profit: $27.01

Grabbed Ape Escape which I will return for something else.

[quote name='schultzed']Did anyone ever find out about this one? a local BB had $5 copies of this for Xbox and GC . . . I guess I can call later.

has anyone tried Freestyle Street Soccer?[/QUOTE]

I used to do these till people found out....as soon as they did they got flooded and they became POX....sometimes tellin about these deals also ruins them....unfortunate...XBOX version worked about 4 weeks ago

[quote name='JJAPPLE']Traded in
Powerpuff girl (GC) $3.98 (TRU) and got EB store credit for $17[/QUOTE]

Just by itself? Without any promotion?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Bloodrayne on ps2 dropped to $7.99, not sure it it's still PO but Rygar used is $7.99 and was PO last week.

Also, while searching for PO games yesterday at eb, I noticed that the Star Wars/Tetris worlds bundle was labeled PO, so that could work out well if you find some place dumping them for cheap.[/QUOTE]

yeah that's one of the games I'm gonna trade in, The guy oked it the other night when I went...

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']They are both POX. Your better off ditching those games at an fye store since they go for $17 a piece.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, when was this last done? I haven't bought the games yet.

FYE is so nuts!

[quote name='Daddy']I used to do these till people found out....as soon as they did they got flooded and they became POX....sometimes tellin about these deals also ruins them....unfortunate...XBOX version worked about 4 weeks ago[/QUOTE]

I agree . . . I would have traded in one or two of each, but when we are all doing this or one of us drops 30 copies . . . then it ends.

I like these deals but you can easily over do them,

[quote name='schultzed']Seriously, when was this last done? I haven't bought the games yet.

FYE is so nuts![/QUOTE]

i got $17 for both XB and GC versions weekend before last

It's still $17. You also have to get 'lucky' to trade it in, or at least persuade someone to scan it to see that it has an actual value. Some fye employees will refuse to accept it because of the Blockbuster logo.

I'm going to try to make my second to last run at this deal today. Hopefully somehow I'll end up with Darkstalkers and Lumines. At worst I should end up with two Sony games. The last run of this deal will come once MLB comes out.

[quote name='schultzed']I agree . . . I would have traded in one or two of each, but when we are all doing this or one of us drops 30 copies . . . then it ends.

I like these deals but you can easily over do them,[/QUOTE]

I have been doin these since 6 months ago or so....

[quote name='FFMooglestar']I'm going to try to make my second to last run at this deal today. Hopefully somehow I'll end up with Darkstalkers and Lumines. At worst I should end up with two Sony games. The last run of this deal will come once MLB comes out.[/QUOTE]

well I'm making it last a little longer. I have pre-ordered ATV about twice now at two different stores and have switched the pre-order to Hot Shots at one store. When i go back to the other this weekend (they won't let me switch them over the phone) I'll switch the other to Infected. Both are in the computer, so they can pre-order them this far out. It's a nice way to make sure you'll get some games down the road from this deal well after its over.

So I really want to take advantage of this deal to get a PSP. I have read most of this thread, and also been reading the thread on the Best Buy $5 dollar coupon. The only thing I am worried about with combining them is time. Since they are sounding fairly strict on the one per person per household, I am not sure I can pull this off in under 3-4 days. I know the eb deal runs until the 10th, but they may stop it early at some of my local ebs.

So my question is.... what else can do I do to get cheap PO games and turn a profit? I do NOT have much on me, as I got rid of my $5 CC games awhile ago, and I was never part of the TRU green tag sale. Please help a fellow CAG with some quick ideas! Thanks =).

blockbuster is the best, quickest way to go. Take a list with you, buy out several stores of cheap PO games and trade them into EB for PSP games. Take the games to another EB and get store credit. If you have several EB's around you can use that credit to get more cheap PO games and hence more PSP games. Your time limit is your biggest obsitacle, sounds like a real CAG challenge. If there were CAG olympics, completing this would get you the gold for sure.

I'd second that. With Blockbuster's B2G1F sale, and the fact that they have some recent games for cheap, you can get some decent credit going. Last week I coupled this with Gamestop's `trade 3 get $10 extra' deal and _their_ B2G1F and it starts to work out pretty quickly. =)

Ok, I'm about to set foot out of my house. With a mere $20 and transportation, I am about to attempt to get my PSP fully paid for, and at least a couple games. I am about to make CAG history. Wish me luck I'll post more when I get home.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Ok, I'm about to set foot out of my house. With a mere $20 and transportation, I am about to attempt to get my PSP fully paid for, and at least a couple games. I am about to make CAG history. Wish me luck I'll post more when I get home.[/QUOTE]

ROFLMAO... $20? good luck man.

[quote name='fivecardstud'] If there were CAG olympics, completing this would get you the gold for sure.[/QUOTE]

yeah but once you get gold in the CAG olympics... it only unlocks the platinum challenge.

believe me.... i know.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Ok, I'm about to set foot out of my house. With a mere $20 and transportation, I am about to attempt to get my PSP fully paid for, and at least a couple games. I am about to make CAG history. Wish me luck I'll post more when I get home.[/QUOTE]

"...... and we never heard from Renegade_Zero again.

The End."

(just kidding... good luck!)

I saw these games at Best Buy B&M and was wondering if anyone can confirm or deny their use in this deal. None are physically on the POX list.

PS2: Cabela's Big Game Hunter
PS2: Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
PS2: Conflict Desert Storm
PS2: Terminator 3 Rise of the Machine and Redemption (POX list only states Terminator 3 so will one of these work?)

My Wal-Mart won't let me return anymore games without a receipt. NOOOO!!! I am screwed! I have 2 copies of Twisted Metal, 1 Wipeout Pure, and 1 Ape Escape.

I have to pray that Target will take these games as a return and give me a gift card or else I'm f*cked, big time.:whistle2:(

[quote name='Vinny']My Wal-Mart won't let me return anymore games without a receipt. NOOOO!!! I am screwed! I have 2 copies of Twisted Metal, 1 Wipeout Pure, and 1 Ape Escape.

I have to pray that Target will take these games as a return and give me a gift card or else I'm f*cked, big time.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

YOU KNOW....

this reminds me.....

EVERYONE LISTEN UP!

When you trade-in three games at EB... and get the Free PSP game.... be SURE to also ask for a gift receipt.

This make exchanging back at EB infinately better since the receipt doesnt say how the item was paid for.

Ya dig?

Hey
My accomplishments so far,
Yesterday: spent $82 got all 6 games that are out now = net +157
Today:spent $~40 got wipeout and exchanged for metal gear acid and lumines = net +79
Problem is I still have all the original 6 games that I dont want and the 3 eb's in the area wont give me store credit nor will walmart. The eb's said cause its a promo that they cannot give store credit and walmart said I needed a receipt to get store credit. I am going to try target next. Any other suggestions would be awsome.
Peace

edit. I also got home to late to see the suggestion of getting gift receipts

Driv3r 12.99
Syphon Filter Omega Strain 9.99
Hitman Contracts Free

Driv3r 12.99
Hitman Contracts Free

[quote name='joystickz']YOU KNOW....

this reminds me.....

EVERYONE LISTEN UP!

When you trade-in three games at EB... and get the Free PSP game.... be SURE to also ask for a gift receipt.

This make exchanging back at EB infinately better since the receipt doesnt say how the item was paid for.

Ya dig?[/QUOTE]

exactly what I, did but 3 games too late. The gift receipt is the way to go!

On another note this has got to be an early contender for Deal of the year!!!!!!

[quote name='coltcannon']Hey
My accomplishments so far,
Yesterday: spent $82 got all 6 games that are out now = net +157
Today:spent $~40 got wipeout and exchanged for metal gear acid and lumines = net +79
Problem is I still have all the original 6 games that I dont want and the 3 eb's in the area wont give me store credit nor will walmart. The eb's said cause its a promo that they cannot give store credit and walmart said I needed a receipt to get store credit. I am going to try target next. Any other suggestions would be awsome.
Peace

edit. I also got home to late to see the suggestion of getting gift receipts[/QUOTE]

Really? That's gay as fucking hell. I definitely don't want Wipeout or Twisted Metal. But: I know that Sam Goody will take stuff back without a receipt, so that's a perfect means. I think Target will do that too, but I know Sam Goody's safe.

edit: Nice Shaq-Fu there, CheapyD.

[quote name='Chacrana']Really? That's gay as fucking hell. I definitely don't want Wipeout or Twisted Metal. But: I know that Sam Goody will take stuff back without a receipt, so that's a perfect means. I think Target will do that too, but I know Sam Goody's safe.

edit: Nice Shaq-Fu there, CheapyD.[/QUOTE]

Uhm...you're not suppose to do that. You can't post about abusing stores' return policies.

Some of you posters are crossing the line into definite fraud territory. I can't tell you to stop doing what you are doing and you each are responsible for your own actions....but you should stop bragging about it in these threads. There is a line that should not be crossed, and some of you have...more than once. I know you Mods know what I'm talking about. Let's get those posts out of here. We may be BB devils, but there is a line.

[quote name='m_d_amore']
On another note this has got to be an early contender for Deal of the year!!!!!![/QUOTE]

who would go up on the podium for the acceptance speech?

EBGames? or me?

both of us together would be awkward.....

maybe i shouldnt go up... i'd just exchange the award statue for store credit anyway.

[quote name='lurknomore']Some of you posters are crossing the line into definite fraud territory. I can't tell you to stop doing what you are doing and you each are responsible for your own actions....but you should stop bragging about it in these threads. There is a line that should not be crossed, and some of you have...more than once. I know you Mods know what I'm talking about. Let's get those posts out of here. We may be BB devils, but there is a line.[/QUOTE]

EBGames has my name, phone number, and address.

I give it to them every time i do trade-ins... and every time i do exchanges.

If they have a problem with me... they can call me.

If they had a problem... they wouldnt accept anything.

You think they don't know that a small amount of customers are making out on this deal?

.....please.

If they HAD a problem with it.... this deal would be over by now....

maybe you didnt read Gamespot's EBGames CEO interview...
and if you did read it... maybe you didnt read between the lines...
lemme find it.

[quote name='lurknomore']Some of you posters are crossing the line into definite fraud territory. I can't tell you to stop doing what you are doing and you each are responsible for your own actions....but you should stop bragging about it in these threads. There is a line that should not be crossed, and some of you have...more than once. I know you Mods know what I'm talking about. Let's get those posts out of here. We may be BB devils, but there is a line.[/QUOTE]

here it is---> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/30/news_6121334.html

[quote name='EBGames CEO Interview']GS: Can you take readers inside those meetings with Sony, where allocation was discussed? Is it always a tense subject? What does Sony look for from its retail partners?

JG: We've had a very long and healthy relationship with Sony. I think we both know each other's strengths, and they've always identified us as a retailer that does very well introducing new technology.

I feel like the allocation we received for launch was fair, based upon the size of the company.

GS: Any reaction to EB sell-through from Sony.

JG: I think Sony was very pleased with our sell-through over the weekend, and I think they're very pleased with our high ratio of software sales. So I think that they'll look at that overall performance, and I think that we should feel pretty confident that we'll continue to get a pretty nice allocation of the follow-up shipments.

I think our relationship with them has always been very professional, and it's been very much centered around how we work together to build the business for both of us. I think if a company like EB didn't exist, it would probably cost them a lot more money in marketing to help introduce their products. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Daddy']I have been doin these since 6 months ago or so....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I've gotten about $400 in trade-in then return credit but I did my first last summer with some CC leftovers. Did a bunch of it with TRU stuff (got Steel Battalion). But mostly I did it with stuff on hand (trade copies that on wanted or games that I discovered sucked) not from buying specifically to trade in . . . not that there is anything wrong with it. I haven't done a ton in any one day . . . I've done them slow and steady.

Two of my BBs have nothing really good (looking at spending at least $15 for non-POX games . . . spending over $30 to get $40 just wouldn't be worth the hassle . . . I think I can put together two sets of 3 with stuff I have laying around (some of it still free-$2 stuff from TRU the magic coupon (RIP) days.)

Will I ever play Hitman 2 for PS2? And even if I could trade my extra copy of Manhunt PS2, I'd pay $2.50 for shipping . . . add that to the $13.33 tradein credit and that's $16 of EB purchase value . . . that's a $20 game before codes.

[quote name='fivecardstud']i think he was referring to some people returning EB games at other stores[/QUOTE]

i dont necessarily condone that either....
not to say i havent dont that in the past...

but for this deal... i like to think of it as EB Centric....
building up store credit getting PSP games... then exchanging them back TO EB ONLY!

why?
well... because you can... and they will take them back.
its not fraud...
its just YMMV.

[quote name='joystickz']Originally Posted by EBGames CEO Interview
GS: Can you take readers inside those meetings with Sony, where allocation was discussed? Is it always a tense subject? What does Sony look for from its retail partners?

JG: We've had a very long and healthy relationship with Sony. I think we both know each other's strengths, and they've always identified us as a retailer that does very well introducing new technology.

I feel like the allocation we received for launch was fair, based upon the size of the company.

GS: Any reaction to EB sell-through from Sony.

JG: I think Sony was very pleased with our sell-through over the weekend, and I think they're very pleased with our high ratio of software sales. So I think that they'll look at that overall performance, and I think that we should feel pretty confident that we'll continue to get a pretty nice allocation of the follow-up shipments.

I think our relationship with them has always been very professional, and it's been very much centered around how we work together to build the business for both of us. I think if a company like EB didn't exist, it would probably cost them a lot more money in marketing to help introduce their products. [/QUOTE]

basically....

the more of Sony's PSP games EB moves... (regardless of whether they are exchanged or not...)
the more sales data they have to proove to sony they should get price breaks and larger allotments of hardware to make more money on.

belive it or not.....
this helps EB in the long run.

this is WHY THEY HAVE THE TRADE IN DEAL!

does anyone esle understand this?

if you do....
kick yourself for not getting in on this deal yet.
everybody wins.

[quote name='Vinny']My Wal-Mart won't let me return anymore games without a receipt. NOOOO!!! I am screwed! I have 2 copies of Twisted Metal, 1 Wipeout Pure, and 1 Ape Escape.

I have to pray that Target will take these games as a return and give me a gift card or else I'm f*cked, big time.:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I agree that people should stop posting about returning merchandise from EB to other stores. If you fail to return at EB . . . try another EB store. Or dump it on ebay . . . even for your own sake, retailers are collecting this kind of info on customers now.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Anyone have a problem returning game with regular receipt at a different location to get store credit?[/QUOTE]

probably recommended....
(that's what i've been doing.)

[quote name='m_d_amore']Anyone have a problem returning game with regular receipt at a different location to get store credit?[/QUOTE]

This is what I want to know. I don't want to have to use other stores to return the stuff, but if I really have to...

[quote name='joystickz']probably recommended....
(that's what i've been doing.)[/QUOTE]
they give you any shit about it being a game from the promo?

[quote name='m_d_amore']they give you any $$$$ about it being a game from the promo?[/QUOTE]

i've only had that problem once, so i swapped the game for another one at that store. From the swap i got another reciept that didn't mention the promo and used THAT to get return credit at another store. But Joystickz says you can ask for gift reciepts which would make it much simpler.

I've tried to keep the deal EB centric as well, but sometimes I find a game that FYE will pay a ton for and have to pick it up. Nothing too shady though.

[quote name='MrSneis']Driv3r 12.99
Hitman Contracts Free

Driv3r 12.99
Hitman Contracts Free

and that comes out to how many % off? Better than paying full price.

bread's done
Back