Deals to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cheap!

quadomatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I figure I'm not the only one that wants to save some cash buying Brawl on launch. I figure we should compile all the coupons and deals that can be used to get the game cheap on launch.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171563
-10% off Coupon for BestBuy
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171110
-10% off Coupon for Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp
-20% Trade in Bonus towards SSB:Brawl at Gamestop/EB Games
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172792
-Trade in 2 select Wii games, get Brawl for $9.99 (trade in 2 copies of Heatseeker, $10 to $15 each at Circuit City)
http://www.strikebang.com/showthread.php?p=35273#post35273
-$10 off $50 at Play-Asia.com

Buy 4 copies of Pimp My Ride for $30 and trade in to GameRush for $60

Please contribute!

[quote name='CaliforniaKing']What store should I go to buy this game? I want to be in and out as fast as I can!

Someone please help! Thanks.[/quote]
Get a Gamer's Club card at CC ($20) and buy SSBB there.

The card gives you 10% off all games and pre-orders for 1 year.

Buy the Gamer's Club card first since you won't actually get the card that day (has to validate on the web). However, you will get a 10% coupon in the packet.

Right there you'll save $5.

CC has lots of clearance games so I save the 10% on those.

They also have $10 gift card deals on new release games pretty often.

Either way, you'll over the $20 you spend on Gamer's Card in 1 year.

I've saved over $20 in 1 1/2 months already.

I plan to get GOW COO for the PSP soon. That'll cost me $36.

Will they sell it on Sunday w/o pre-ordering? I don't want to fill out forms or anything like that..just want to get it and get out. Also, I would buy that gamer's card, but I don't plan on buying many games...Especially since I'm always busy with work and school, I don't plan on buying more than 3 games in a year.

[quote name='Busyman']I'm going to do the same thing. However, you didn't have to preorder.

There's a $10 gift card if you just buy it when it comes out.

It'll end up being $35 + tax.[/quote]

I'm not too sure about that, it always sounded like a pre-order deal to me.

Also, who knows if they will even have enough copies to cover pre-orders?

[quote name='Busyman']Get a Gamer's Club card at CC ($20) and buy SSBB there.

Buy the Gamer's Club card first since you won't actually get the card that day (has to validate on the web). However, you will get a 10% coupon in the packet.

I plan to get GOW COO for the PSP soon. That'll cost me $36.[/quote]

It's the only place that gives you discounts on new (unused) games. I saved at least $50 picking up clearance titles over about six months.

CC sucks major ass around here otherwise I'd get it there. I'm just going to get it from EB. I don't mind paying full price for this game and plus I got a gift card that needs to be used.

I have a noob question. I called up Circuit City to find out when I'd be getting my $10 gift card if I preordered in store. I was told that they would be mailing it to me. Is this normal? I was under the impression of getting it in store when picking up Smash.

[quote name='maximumzero']I guess I'll just use the 10% coupon for Best Buy and be done with it.

Here's hoping they have ample supply.[/quote]
You'll be fine. Even Best Buy doesn't screw up major releases like this. There was similar chatter when Super Mario Galaxy came out and they had no stock issues and honestly, SMG was a bigger game for the bulk of Wii owners than Brawl will be initially.

I'm also going to break from my CAG ways and just get it at Gamestop. Only place I could find with a midnight release, and I have to renew my hardcore tag by doing something like that at least once a year. :D

We received our shipment at Costco today. It's stickered at $43.79... Not bad. We got a ton of them too, so it should be easy to find...

[quote name='callmesteam']We received our shipment at Costco today. It's stickered at $43.79... Not bad. We got a ton of them too, so it should be easy to find...[/quote]
Nice! That seems pretty low, even for Costco!

[quote name='Busyman']Get a Gamer's Club card at CC ($20) and buy SSBB there.

I plan to get GOW COO for the PSP soon. That'll cost me $36.[/QUOTE]

Is the card some type of barcode they scan in, or do the employees have to do something manually? If it's a manual override, I'll pass on the card because the employees at my CC would rather make up reasons why I didn't get the 10% than figuring out how to do it.

callmesteam, what Costco are you at. Hopefully the ones in the San Jose, CA (Bay Area) receives that many as well. The price is right too. :D

Sat. midnight fast approaches, I have a plan due to lack of better plan.
I preordred it at gamestop where i work. I will use my checkout to borrow the game (which means I'll finally return gitaroo man, breaking that addiction) and figure out how to get it cheap later.

[quote name='malibu_rod']callmesteam, what Costco are you at. Hopefully the ones in the San Jose, CA (Bay Area) receives that many as well. The price is right too. :D[/quote]
Albuquerque.... and we're a new store, so our shipments are comparatively small. The bay area is the biggest Costco hub in the US. so big in fact, its considered to be two regions on its own! the rest is split up into stuff like northwest, texas, etc. so yeah.... you should be MORE than fine as far as quantities go.

i should note... i'm not sure when it streets elsewhere, but Costco has a street date of March 9th, so it wont be out before sunday...

Hmmm, I did the "Trade 2 WIi Games and get a bonus $10 credit" trade in deal at Gamestop...traded in 2 Wiiplay game only's (bought them on clearance at WalMart for $25 each...sweet deal on WiiMotes) and with the bonus and Edge, I got a little over $30 in credit.

That along with the 10% off any purchase email coupon will make this a very sweet deal indeed.

unless you had a gift card or something at best buy this deal sucks considering you get a $10 gift card at CC without the extra 40 dollar game.

[quote name='Jaruss']Sweet, so I'll try Costco Sunday morning.[/quote]
Me too. I just hope mine will have it. It didn't get Galaxy for awhile.

[quote name='Prolific']Why not Saturday? Or do they usually get their games in late?[/quote] We have it now, but it has a street date label on it and it reads "Do Not Sell Until 3/9"...

Generally though, we do put games out a bit late. I just put out Army of Two today. Technically, we received it yesterday (or maybe even Tuesday) but it didn't make it out to me on the floor until this morning.

If you're expecting something, you can always ask them to check the back, but it's then up to the employee to actually go look through freight in the back. After they receive something, they bundle it up and stick in on a pallet 'in the steel' (ie. in the rafters out of reach) so they won't often go searching for anything that's not on the floor.

[quote name='Prolific']Me too. I just hope mine will have it. It didn't get Galaxy for awhile.[/quote]
If you give me the address of your store, I can check stock. Even better, if you can give me the store number (it's on any receipt, just to the right of the time at the bottom, 3 or 4 digits) it would save me a lot of legwork. you can PM me if you don't want to announce it. I can't check until tomorrow though.

The best buy deal isn't that great. It's in an e-mail and you get a 10 dollar gift card if you buy smash bros and another game 39.99 and up.

[quote name='callmesteam']If you give me the address of your store, I can check stock. Even better, if you can give me the store number (it's on any receipt, just to the right of the time at the bottom, 3 or 4 digits) it would save me a lot of legwork. you can PM me if you don't want to announce it. I can't check until tomorrow though.[/quote]

3/4ths of the NW costco's are getting 144 in. Just to help out.

I guess I'll just go to bestbuy...since i have a giftcard. So you guys think that I dont need to preorder it? There should be enough in stock? I may go in the afternoon tho...

[quote name='Busyman']I'm going to do the same thing. However, you didn't have to preorder.

There's a $10 gift card if you just buy it when it comes out.

It'll end up being $35 + tax.[/quote]

really? so if i can buy it at CC on sunday with no preorder I will still get the $10 gift card?

Question, I have read in the terms of the Circuit City Gamer card. That the discount only applies to regularly priced items, "10% discount is good for regularly priced in-store purchases only and cannot be combined with other offers" so does that mean that any deals they run this wouldn't apply like the edge card on top of it?

ok, so i got my brother to preorder today at CC, but the receipt showed full price at $49.99, with no mention of a gift card. Should i be worried, or will they give me the giftcard anyway at purchase?

From my experience, Costco normally puts their products out earlier than release date...

I might check the one on Lawrence, Sunnyvale to see if it's out early.

[quote name='briandadude']I'm not too sure about that, it always sounded like a pre-order deal to me.

Also, who knows if they will even have enough copies to cover pre-orders?[/quote]
When I checked in the store and on the website, it says

Free $10 gift card with purchase

Free $10 gift card with pre-order

[quote name='me_schnitzel']CC told me they wouldnt have the game until Monday, So I changed my reservation to BB[/quote]
Mine didn't say that, if it isn't there Sunday someone is getting a mouthful. It even says the 9th on the receipt itself.

[quote name='bradr']Is the card some type of barcode they scan in, or do the employees have to do something manually? If it's a manual override, I'll pass on the card because the employees at my CC would rather make up reasons why I didn't get the 10% than figuring out how to do it.[/quote]

The card is and so are the coupons in the packet. Remember, you will have a card on day one so you have to use the coupon.

I did this when buying a bunch of clearance items back when CC had games for $8.96 and $16.96. I saved about $8 that day alone.

The CC employees have to honor it since it's their own club.

After you get the packet home there is a code you enter on the internet. The card arrives like 2 weeks later. It has your name on the card + ID #.

It does have a barcode.

[quote name='aea414']Question, I have read in the terms of the Circuit City Gamer card. That the discount only applies to regularly priced items, "10% discount is good for regularly priced in-store purchases only and cannot be combined with other offers" so does that mean that any deals they run this wouldn't apply like the edge card on top of it?[/quote]

You are still buying it at regular price. CC walks away with your $50.

I bought DMC 4 during release week (didn't per-order), used my Card, and it took off $6 + I got the $10 gift card.

WTF, I went to CC today and they told me they aren't doing pre-orders anymore. Is my store sold out or did I just get an idiot?

[quote name='prateeko']Is my store sold out or did I just get an idiot?[/quote]

That is something you could have easily inquired about the very moment you were there.

[quote name='djkunai']It's the only place that gives you discounts on new (unused) games. I saved at least $50 picking up clearance titles over about six months.[/quote]
Not quite. fye's Backstage Pass gets you 10% off anything in the store except consoles. And my store has been pretty good about having new games at retail price, though older titles may sometimes be ~$3 above retail.

I preordered mine from Amazon a long time ago (last year) and just checked my order status and it says it's shipping soon!:D

[quote name='blackbird3216']ok, so i got my brother to preorder today at CC, but the receipt showed full price at $49.99, with no mention of a gift card. Should i be worried, or will they give me the giftcard anyway at purchase?[/QUOTE]

if you are really worry just keep a copy of the weekly ad

bread's done
Back