Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='caliblue15']Good luck getting Saint's Row 2, as most stores don't have it in stock anymore, unless a resurgence happens this week.[/QUOTE]
Dude, just because your BB doesnt carry it doesnt mean others dont. Every best buy within a 30 minute drive of me have it in stock and I was just at one of the stores the other day and they had what looked like more than 20 copies!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't forget about Let's Tap for the Wii, which is also supposed to be free as of next week.[/QUOTE]

Is that up for the Suggestive Title of the Year award? :p

[quote name='Yoda-JM']Man, why did SR2 have to be PS3 only? :([/QUOTE]

Because they knew that my next console purchase was gonna be a PS3.

:bouncy:

Ill have to go at opening Sunday for some free Fairytale Fights.
:)

and possibly got for Saints Row 2 on Monday. Wish it was for the 360 too. :/

Is there anyway someone can post scans of the coupons, or are they member specific? I'm a Rewards member but I'm having issues signing into their site.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Is there anyway someone can post scans of the coupons, or are they member specific? I'm a Rewards member but I'm having issues signing into their site.[/QUOTE]

I second that!

[quote name='dabamus']It worked fine with GH: Smash Hits last week. I'd think it would work this Sunday too.[/QUOTE]

Not for me. The cashier tried scanning it 3 times, and it kept discounting $0.00. He then looked at it and said "I don't think this is going to work. It says it won't apply to sale pricing."

[quote name='tribefanisu2003']Not for me. The cashier tried scanning it 3 times, and it kept discounting $0.00. He then looked at it and said "I don't think this is going to work. It says it won't apply to sale pricing."[/QUOTE]
The discount does not appear right away.

You need to have your RZ info entered (i.e. scan RZ card or give cashier your phone # so they can pull up your RZ info) and the cashier needs to hit Total before the discount will appear.

Im just curious how you are all planning on getting SR2 for the PS3 for free when that $20 coupon is no longer in the deals area on the RZ site?

I know someone will say well its on the first post but if the coupon was pulled off the site and you people printed some its going to be severly YMMV because technically the coupon dont exist if its off the site...

Anyone have any of those SR2 coupons saved that could share?

[quote name='Derrick1979']Im just curious how you are all planning on getting SR2 for the PS3 for free when that $20 coupon is no longer in the deals area on the RZ site?

I know someone will say well its on the first post but if the coupon was pulled off the site and you people printed some its going to be severly YMMV because technically the coupon dont exist if its off the site...

Anyone have any of those SR2 coupons saved that could share?[/QUOTE]
The coupon doesn't have to exist on any website as long as it scans and the discount is applied. Managers and cashiers don't have time to check the website to verify your deal (especially when they're swamped).

Based on their history over the last 8 months, where it seems the left foot never walks in stride with the right (advertising-who creates barcodes and marketing-who actually prices merchandise), it should scan just fine.

does anyone actually have the coupon from when it was originally posted. I would love to get a copy scanned on here? or a link to it? I want SR2

[quote name='tattoojeep']does anyone actually have the coupon from when it was originally posted. I would love to get a copy scanned on here? or a link to it? I want SR2[/QUOTE]

I second this seeing I missed out on the coupon before it was yanked..

[quote name='Derrick1979']I second this seeing I missed out on the coupon before it was yanked..[/QUOTE]

I wish someone could post either a link or a scan on this site.

Ok, so I plan on going for Saints Row 2, but also the Pokemon game. Has the coupon been posted yet? Some folks are asking for a scan, and some folks are saying it hasn't been posted yet.

[quote name='AionTelos']This[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys!

See the problem is when OPs don't keep up with their thread and don't consolidate information on the front page.

It was actually posted and pulled within two days at the beginning of the month. did anyone get this coupon before it was ganked down?

[quote name='tattoojeep']It was actually posted and pulled within two days at the beginning of the month. did anyone get this coupon before it was ganked down?[/QUOTE]

I dont remeber seing it as BB had problems posting the coupons in the beginning of the month with the present coupons being posted a day late

[quote name='jgiovanni']I dont remeber seing it as BB had problems posting the coupons in the beginning of the month with the present coupons being posted a day late[/QUOTE]

Unless I was paying attention. I don't recall a SR2 (other then the current PC deal) ever being posted. They should have posted current coupons a few days before the deal but waited until the day after they were valid to post them. I don't think it was ever posted.

Now I just need to find a Best Buy in california that is on my way from Seattle to San Diego when I'm driving on Sunday to take advantage of the Fairy Tale Fights.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Metroid Prime Trilogy (wii) $19.99 and Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii) $19.99 Each this Sunday ;)[/QUOTE]

Do you need a coupon for this?

The deals were posted in their lil December gamers club pamphlet that they have at stores. The pamphlet didn't come with any of the coupons, but listed the days and sales of all the items. I believe they put the coupons up the day before the sale, and the bestbuy site even apologized when the last batch of coupons was updated late. I think everyone's cool. Like someone else said, BestBuy knows what they are doing, they probly just want us Cags to help clear some inventory and free up shelf space :)

The SR2 coupons WERE NOT posted YET (for the PS3 version). I've been checking the BB Reward Zone site almost every day & they have not yet been posted.

:bomb:

[quote name='WormFOODx']Thanks guys!

See the problem is when OPs don't keep up with their thread and don't consolidate information on the front page.[/QUOTE]
SR2 is under 12/21 in the OP. It is not near 12/21 yet (or 12/20, which is when I assume it'd go up). Why would the coupon be up (especially after previous coupons = free games)?

More than enough information in the OP if you think a little bit ;)

I just recently watched some gameplay videos of Saints Row 2 & I must say that I think I'm gonna keep a copy of this for myself for when I get my PS3. I don't typically play games like this, but all of the costumes & customization really pique my interest. Especially w/ it being a FREE game.

Why is SR2 being free? I don't get this promo.
If it's at $20 and they drop it by $20, then that's free. Don't get it at all.

[quote name='Casteor']Why is SR2 being free? I don't get this promo.
If it's at $20 and they drop it by $20, then that's free. Don't get it at all.[/QUOTE]

What's not registering? Is it the fact they giving it away for free after the coupon? The game is 20 bucks there is going to be a RZ gamer coupon for 20 dollars off making it free. It's not rocket science, and Best Buy has done this before(see x blades a few months ago).

some people may be interesed in this, for the pokemon dungeons games they are $20 off, but for those of you who have a game crazy near you they are marked at 14.99 in this weeks ad, but it is only valid 12/15-12/21. the coupon says it will work on 12/21, so i dont know if they will give you the PM and activate the coupon but if they do they will either owe you money or you will just get the game for free either way i know i am going to try on the 21st

[quote name='wrencrest']Dude, just because your BB doesnt carry it doesnt mean others dont. Every best buy within a 30 minute drive of me have it in stock and I was just at one of the stores the other day and they had what looked like more than 20 copies![/QUOTE]

Um, I work at best buy. It was a heads up, as we cleaned house at all stores. Saints Row 2 was in the clearance bin a long time back. It was a simple warning, that you should check before going in, as there should be a resurgence for the specified sale, but alot of the time I know there isn't.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']What's not registering? Is it the fact they giving it away for free after the coupon? The game is 20 bucks there is going to be a RZ gamer coupon for 20 dollars off making it free. It's not rocket science, and Best Buy has done this before(see x blades a few months ago).[/QUOTE]

There's always a catch. Nothing is ever free.

How do you know if you're eligible as RZ gamer?

[quote name='caliblue15']Um, I work at best buy. It was a heads up, as we cleaned house at all stores. Saints Row 2 was in the clearance bin a long time back. It was a simple warning, that you should check before going in, as there should be a resurgence for the specified sale, but alot of the time I know there isn't.

Don't get your panties in a bunch.[/QUOTE]

No worries. You are right, everyone should always check before they go if they dont want to waste gas. But that should be a given.

[quote name='Casteor']There's always a catch. Nothing is ever free.

How do you know if you're eligible as RZ gamer?[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily I have gotten lots of things free with no catch. :)

All you have to do is if you have Reward Zone log onto to your reward zone account. Find the cross bar at the top and you should see a label for "Community and clubs". When you put the cursor on this label a pull down menu will appear with "reward zone gamers club" click the link. If you are a member(which is free) you just need to check "special offers" around the 21st and the coupon for SR2 for ps3 should appear. If you're not a member there should be a screen that tells you to join. Once done you can reap the occasional benefits the gamer club has to offer.

Also FYI if you have unlimited text you can sign up for mobile alerts by texting "gamer" to 332211.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thebytewasbit']I just recently watched some gameplay videos of Saints Row 2 & I must say that I think I'm gonna keep a copy of this for myself for when I get my PS3. I don't typically play games like this, but all of the costumes & customization really pique my interest. Especially w/ it being a FREE game.[/QUOTE]

You are doing yourself a favor by keeping a copy. I cannot overstate how awesome of a game it is. To me, it's my second favorite game of all time (my top is C&C: Red Alert 2). I've played all of the GTAs and do love them (own multiple copies across platforms), but SR2 exceeds in fun (not story).

However, the best experience is story mode co-op. I think that's where SR2 really shines.

i very recently signed up for RZ gamers club, would i be able to use this coupon? or it only for long-tern members? all i want is that fairtale fights. :)

[quote name='NEgami']i very recently signed up for RZ gamers club, would i be able to use this coupon? or it only for long-tern members? all i want is that fairtale fights. :)[/QUOTE]

Anyone :)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']
Also FYI if you have unlimited text you can sign up for mobile alerts by texting "gamer" to 332211.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but have you gotten anything recently?? All I remember are the MW2 12-mos and the Band Hero (?) deal that they texted..nothing since those..

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Anyone :)[/QUOTE]

As long as you have signed up for a RZ account (Which is FREE btw.), then even if you don't have a physical RZ card for them to scan, you can just give them the phone # that you used to sign up for the account.

I am not aware of any short term or long term RZ member's accounts.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Not necessarily I have gotten lots of things free with no catch. :)

All you have to do is if you have Reward Zone log onto to your reward zone account. Find the cross bar at the top and you should see a label for "Community and clubs". When you put the cursor on this label a pull down menu will appear with "reward zone gamers club" click the link. If you are a member(which is free) you just need to check "special offers" around the 21st and the coupon should appear. If you're not a member there should be a screen that tells you to join. Once done you can reap the occasional benefits the gamer club has to offer.

Also FYI if you have unlimited text you can sign up for mobile alerts by texting "gamer" to 332211.[/QUOTE]

I don't see SR2 PS3.

Edit- I guess you got to wait until around the 21st until they post it.

[quote name='token2k6']yeah, but have you gotten anything recently?? All I remember are the MW2 12-mos and the Band Hero (?) deal that they texted..nothing since those..[/QUOTE]

No, I just saw it on the Gamer Zone site so I decided to sign up.

bread's done
Back