Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling next week BB is almost going to wish they allowed it with another purchase or something. Went to two best buys on my way home Sunday, each one had like 20 copies and clearly no one even eying them up. Whats better is that the one store had only 2 copies on Saturday, so they got more for the sale. We're going to see them on clearance very soon.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I have a feeling next week BB is almost going to wish they allowed it with another purchase or something. Went to two best buys on my way home Sunday, each one had like 20 copies and clearly no one even eying them up. Whats better is that the one store had only 2 copies on Saturday, so they got more for the sale. We're going to see them on clearance very soon.[/QUOTE]

Someone bought all 12 copies at my local BB on 12/26, likely in plans to return/rebuy with coupon. Sweet sweet justice.

[quote name='token2k6']so is anyone confirming that if you buy other items the coupon will work?? b/c that's what it sounds like to me..[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have to buy 6 $9.99 blu-rays and then the coupon works like it did for that ONE guy.

Deal's dead dude.

[quote name='token2k6']so is anyone confirming that if you buy other items the coupon will work?? b/c that's what it sounds like to me..[/QUOTE]

yes i believe so a couple of my buddies did this and got some free copy's ymmv though

[quote name='maxim2boobles']transformers worked for me at BB but was allowed only one copy on coupon[/QUOTE]

Did you purchase anything else?

[quote name='kodave']Did you purchase anything else?[/QUOTE]

You need to purchase something as much as you need to wear a blue shirt. If you got the game free you got very lucky, that's it.

Got denied in the north suburbs of Chicago, these coupons are highly ymmv because of the clause that states they can't be used on sale items.

However, still bought MadWorld for $9.99 + tax. =D

[quote name='dino88']You need to purchase something as much as you need to wear a blue shirt. If you got the game free you got very lucky, that's it.[/QUOTE]

Correct. I tried purchasing SMB Wii and either of the three games and NO COUPON worked for me. And the employee that helped me was pretty clueles...she scanned away the coupons, pressed enter, and still, no discount.

[quote name='dino88']You need to purchase something as much as you need to wear a blue shirt. If you got the game free you got very lucky, that's it.[/QUOTE]

I have an odd suspicion people are posting that it worked to mess with my head.

I tried buying Transformers the day the sale started. I tried it with a legitimate purchase and it did not work. It doesnt work people, give it up. A free game isnt that big a deal.

[quote name='LordSMVS']I have an odd suspicion people are posting that it worked to mess with my head.[/QUOTE]
They probably do work...with an override. I'm pretty sure people are scoring their copies because that certain Cashier has the authority to override (without approval). Others are scoring by having a Manager (who's not reading the fine print on the coupon or paying attention), overriding the system.

But everyone's correct, the deal is dead (I'd give it up. It would suck to get banned from a BB like I hear others reporting because of T:ROTF).

[quote name='chatgirl4']Anyone else unable to log onto their Reward-Zone Membership account?[/QUOTE]

holy sh*t!! I cannot either!!?!? It says I've entered the wrong info..

EDIT: uhhhhh, guys and girls???

What happens from time to time is they do maintenance and the site is down. If you call them, they will tell you that. I also cannot log in but I did not use this account for the fairytale issue, I used my extra account. :) I have not called them, but this is what they told me last time I got the same message. So someone just needs to call, I would but i'm about to head out.

[quote name='Estebon']What happens from time to time is they do maintenance and the site is down. If you call them, they will tell you that. I also cannot log in but I did not use this account for the fairytale issue, I used my extra account. :) I have not called them, but this is what they told me last time I got the same message. So someone just needs to call, I would but i'm about to head out.[/QUOTE]

extra account? care to share?? just under someone else's name?

and I just placed an order for a DVD and on the order summary it confirmed my Premiere Silver status, so I'll go with all is well and its just maintenance (fingers crossed)

[quote name='chatgirl4']Anyone else unable to log onto their Reward-Zone Membership account?[/QUOTE]

I can't login either. I've had this happen in the past though too, and several hours later I can login no problem. Try a little later, their site may be experiencing some problems right now.

[quote name='token2k6']holy sh*t!! I cannot either!!?!? It says I've entered the wrong info..

EDIT: uhhhhh, guys and girls???[/QUOTE]

Yeah, happened to me before too. Just give it a try again later and it should work.

[quote name='polishpride212']I have a friend that works at BBY. I could go to him and hopefully have him override it, but is it really worth Transformers?[/QUOTE]

It is when TF is worth a $20 gift card at GS.

I am also unable to login to my RZ account but unlike most of you bastards I was snowed in and couldn't partake in the Fairy Tale Fights shenanigans. It's a simple website glitch, no one should be alarmed.

[quote name='Cindaddy']It is when TF is worth a $20 gift card at GS.[/QUOTE]
I much rather bend the rules for a game I want rather for a game I am just going to flip.

[quote name='polishpride212']I have a friend that works at BBY. I could go to him and hopefully have him override it, but is it really worth Transformers?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cindaddy']It is when TF is worth a $20 gift card at GS.[/QUOTE]

If he's really a friend then no. It's not worth him getting in trouble for $20 in Game Stop credit.

Well, I went into my Local Best Buy with my wife. I gave her a coupon and I had one. I took 3 copies of Transformers up as did she. We both with NO PROBLEMS walked out. The Manager just overrode the price to $.01. So I walked out with 6 copies. Traded 1 in at a Gamestop for a $20 PSN Card plus got $2 added to my edge card. Did the same thing at another Gamestop and got a 1600 pts card and got $2 added to my Edge Card. Still have 4 copies to go. GOTTA LOVE IT.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Well, I went into my Local Best Buy with my wife. I gave her a coupon and I had one. I took 3 copies of Transformers up as did she. We both with NO PROBLEMS walked out. The Manager just overrode the price to $.01. So I walked out with 6 copies. Traded 1 in at a Gamestop for a $20 PSN Card plus got $2 added to my edge card. Did the same thing at another Gamestop and got a 1600 pts card and got $2 added to my Edge Card. Still have 4 copies to go. GOTTA LOVE IT.[/QUOTE]

can you send me one? come on give me some CAG love over here!

I decided to stop at my local BB and saw Merc. 2 in a bin for $19.99...

With the coupon would it ring $0.00?

Sorry if this has been asked but I have skimmed this thread and searched and found nothing...

[quote name='iHack']I decided to stop at my local BB and saw Merc. 2 in a bin for $19.99...

With the coupon would it ring $0.00?

Sorry if this has been asked but I have skimmed this thread and searched and found nothing...[/QUOTE]

Mercs 2 is not included on any of the coupons, so no, it would not work.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Mercs 2 is not included on any of the coupons, so no, it would not work.[/QUOTE]

Wow... I am so out of it...

I was thinking SR2 when I picked it up...

MYYY BADDD, thanks for the fast reply

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Well, I went into my Local Best Buy with my wife. I gave her a coupon and I had one. I took 3 copies of Transformers up as did she. We both with NO PROBLEMS walked out. The Manager just overrode the price to $.01. So I walked out with 6 copies. Traded 1 in at a Gamestop for a $20 PSN Card plus got $2 added to my edge card. Did the same thing at another Gamestop and got a 1600 pts card and got $2 added to my Edge Card. Still have 4 copies to go. GOTTA LOVE IT.[/QUOTE]

Wow... what a manager you have at your BB...

I don't believe anyone that says they got a price override unless they can get a receipt scan in. BB managers are not that stupid to ever do something like that.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Well, I went into my Local Best Buy with my wife. I gave her a coupon and I had one. I took 3 copies of Transformers up as did she. We both with NO PROBLEMS walked out. The Manager just overrode the price to $.01. So I walked out with 6 copies. Traded 1 in at a Gamestop for a $20 PSN Card plus got $2 added to my edge card. Did the same thing at another Gamestop and got a 1600 pts card and got $2 added to my Edge Card. Still have 4 copies to go. GOTTA LOVE IT.[/QUOTE]Receipt scan or it didn't happen.

[quote name='token2k6']holy sh*t!! I cannot either!!?!? It says I've entered the wrong info..

EDIT: uhhhhh, guys and girls???[/QUOTE]I'd recommend calling in and checking to see if you can do it through the automated phone system, if it's still in existence. I'd also call into the toll-free number for RZ Customer Service and see what they have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wrencrest']I tried buying Transformers the day the sale started. I tried it with a legitimate purchase and it did not work. It doesnt work people, give it up. A free game isnt that big a deal.[/QUOTE]

I got in on this deal. I also picked up the Energizer induction charging pad for the Wii controllers, and used a $5 RZ cert and the coupon for Transformers. The cashier rang it up and scanned the coupon, and of course it didn't apply the discount, and after the cashier tried to tell me it did apply 3 times (which was amazing, as she was actually trying to do the math) she actually looked at it and saw that it did not apply, called over a manager, who told her to give me $10 off each item in addition to my RZ cert , since the game was only $19.99 before any discounts. Probably didn't hurt that there was a huge line, and she wanted to keep it moving.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

picture.php

Pics of my Wifes Receipt. LOL.
You thought I lied about all of them. So I put a Pic up. If you're that much of a tool that I need to put ANOTHER receipt when this one CLEARLY shows that it was done already thats your problem.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Pics of my Wifes Receipt. LOL.
You thought I lied about all of them. So I put a Pic up. If you're that much of a tool that I need to put ANOTHER receipt when this one CLEARLY shows that it was done already thats your problem.[/QUOTE]

Uh, he's a different person. And he didn't ask for pics of the receipt. He asked for pics of your wife. Obviously, a joke. Hence, the smiley face at the top of the post.

you guys are crazy and awesome!! Glad some people got the Transformers :D, and sorry about my freak out when not being able to log in. Yes, about 2 hours later it was fine. Never happened to me before, even though I try to log in daily in the mornings to see what purchases posted. Guess I never caught it at an update time or whatever..

You thought I lied about all of them. So I put a Pic up. If you're that much of a tool that I need to put ANOTHER receipt when this one CLEARLY shows that it was done already thats your problem.[/QUOTE]

if you don't want to put up pics of your wife on this board can you just email them to me, nude ones preferred!

You thought I lied about all of them. So I put a Pic up. If you're that much of a tool that I need to put ANOTHER receipt when this one CLEARLY shows that it was done already thats your problem.[/QUOTE]The coupon didn't work. That's a manual price adjustment, not the coupon taking the money off.

If the coupon worked, it would have made those items $0.00, not $0.01, since it's a $20 discount off of a $19.99 item. That would have made it $0.00 if the coupon was doing its job. The register reps can't manually adjust a price down to $0.00, only $0.01. They had to do this when X-Blades dropped in price $10 and I went in to get the price adjusted after picking it up for $9.99. They could only adjust it down to $0.01, not $0.00.

I'm glad you could get the copies for $0.01 each, though that's not any proof of the coupon working.

[quote name='shrike4242']The coupon didn't work. That's a manual price adjustment, not the coupon taking the money off.

If the coupon worked, it would have made those items $0.00, not $0.01, since it's a $20 discount off of a $19.99 item. That would have made it $0.00 if the coupon was doing its job. The register reps can't manually adjust a price down to $0.00, only $0.01. They had to do this when X-Blades dropped in price $10 and I went in to get the price adjusted after picking it up for $9.99. They could only adjust it down to $0.01, not $0.00.

I'm glad you could get the copies for $0.01 each, though that's not any proof of the coupon working.[/QUOTE]
Wow, give it a rest, you asked for proof then he gave you proof, now you're saying its not actual proof that the coupon worked. Apparently if he didnt have that coupon he would not have got the deal, so the coupon did allow him to get the deal= Coupon worked for him.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Wow, give it a rest, you asked for proof then he gave you proof, now you're saying its not actual proof that the coupon worked. Apparently if he didnt have that coupon he would not have got the deal, so the coupon did allow him to get the deal= Coupon worked for him.[/QUOTE]

Again, a huge YMMV because of an idiot manager. The coupon does not work in the system. Just wanted to clarify that because people might get confused.

bread's done
Back