Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eugaet']Couldn't be helped, had to attempt. Was shot down at HW169/71st Tulsa, OK trying to get 1 copy of Let's Tap.

EDIT: I would have picked up Let's Tap for $5...but I just can't be bothered for $10 for some reason.[/QUOTE]Tulsa CAGS unite!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Wow, give it a rest, you asked for proof then he gave you proof, now you're saying its not actual proof that the coupon worked. Apparently if he didnt have that coupon he would not have got the deal, so the coupon did allow him to get the deal= Coupon worked for him.[/QUOTE]The coupon worked for him because someone price adjusted it, not because it did what it was supposed to do. I'm pointing this out so that tons of CAGs don't get their hopes up about it working, nor tearing that posted a new one because it worked for him and nor for them.

[quote name='Josef']Again, a huge YMMV because of an idiot manager. The coupon does not work in the system. Just wanted to clarify that because people might get confused.[/QUOTE]Exactly the point I was trying to make.

[quote name='Brother Daz']But the coupon DID work for him, yes/no? And of course its YMMV, every one of these free game deals at BB has been YMMV.[/QUOTE]If BB has the item sale-price marked in RSS, the coupon won't work. If the item isn't sale-price marked, then it will work. It's very simple that way. If BB does their work on their end, the coupon will work as the restrictions would allow, and if not, then it'll stack with sale prices and work to get free games.

can we just get pics of the wife already, or is she so ugly that the only way the dog will play with her is if you tie a bone to her neck?

[quote name='ballbarfer']can we just get pics of the wife already, or is she so ugly that the only way the dog will play with her is if you tie a bone to her neck?[/QUOTE]

Wow mods haven't deleted this tools post's yet ?

i actually kinda wanted transformers after tryin out the demo wasnt soo bad... was thinkin of pickin it up from gamefly but free is much much better esp for a 'so-so' game...

but looks like the general consensus is this is a no go for 90% w using the coupon on any of these sale games right? debating if i even wanna bother tryin i wish i knew about it when i was pricematching the live card.. or when i went back to add in the sherlock holmes pack haha... would of tried it while i was in there anyway

Damn, I was hoping that I could get $20 back after getting 2 Let's Taps last week. Eh, no biggie though, LT is fun enough for me to warrant it.

[quote name='The SPism']i actually kinda wanted transformers after tryin out the demo wasnt soo bad... was thinkin of pickin it up from gamefly but free is much much better esp for a 'so-so' game...

[/QUOTE]
I picked up Transformers from GF, IMHO its definitely worth $10

[quote name='Brother Daz']I picked up Transformers from GF, IMHO its definitely worth $10[/QUOTE]

alright cool.. i'll see if anyone has anymore feedback on whether its worth trying to get it for free.. if that don't work maybe i'll scoop it up from gamefly or somethng

yeh so i gave it a shot at my local bestbuy after work and no go on transformers

the coupon wouldn't scan cause it was a sale item.. talked to both a cashier and manager.. both of which were real nice but didn't hook it up.. it's all good mayb ill scoop it up from gamefly

only thing i think is kinda stupid from a company standpoint is why even have this game listed on this coupon and then plan a sale at the same time making this coupon worthless for some of the games listed on it... but whatev

doesn't this coupon run for a little while? maybe when the sale ends sunday the retail price could drop making the coupon valid? i dunno

well goodluck to all

The game has been out for a while now(TF:ROTF), so it is possible that it might drop to $19.99 MSRP sometime soon. Will it drop prior to the end of the coupon? It might. You never know.

But if the ROTF game is more of the same from the first movie game, then I'd pass on it even if I had a 360 to buy it for. The first one was so-so, but if they fixed the issues from that one in the current game, it'd definitely be worth at least $20.

But really, no game is worth over $20 anymore to me. CAG(and these sales/glitches) have really spoiled me and I doubt I can ever be a normal MSRP paying shnook consumer anymore.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Pics of my Wifes Receipt. LOL.
You thought I lied about all of them. So I put a Pic up. If you're that much of a tool that I need to put ANOTHER receipt when this one CLEARLY shows that it was done already thats your problem.[/QUOTE]

That manager has to be either a friend , relative or he is a total idiot. I wonder if Best Buy corporate would like to know about this transaction... hmmm. I wonder if they would give me a reward for reporting this :lol:

[quote name='Brother Daz']Wow, give it a rest, you asked for proof then he gave you proof, now you're saying its not actual proof that the coupon worked. Apparently if he didnt have that coupon he would not have got the deal, so the coupon did allow him to get the deal= Coupon worked for him.[/QUOTE]

The coupon did not work. That's like me taking a piece of toilet paper and telling the cashier to scan it to see if I get a free game. Any BB manager can override anything to 1 cent to their buddies but I am sure they dont want to get fired.

Just a dumb manager I guess. I HONESTLY didnt know the game was on sale. I came on here after I got the Sweet Deal and saw that it was on sale. Didnt even notice is said sale on the receipt till someone wanted a pic of it. I can't help the Manager didnt know it was on sale, hey I didnt either. Oh well. Like I said. Not my Fault.

Some say the coupon didnt work. Well sort of didnt and sort of did. WITHOUT the coupon they wouldnt have been, "Oh, the game needs to be discounted another $20." So in that sense it worked. Without it I would have paid $20.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The game has been out for a while now(TF:ROTF), so it is possible that it might drop to $19.99 MSRP sometime soon. Will it drop prior to the end of the coupon? It might. You never know.

But if the ROTF game is more of the same from the first movie game, then I'd pass on it even if I had a 360 to buy it for. The first one was so-so, but if they fixed the issues from that one in the current game, it'd definitely be worth at least $20.

But really, no game is worth over $20 anymore to me. CAG(and these sales/glitches) have really spoiled me and I doubt I can ever be a normal MSRP paying shnook consumer anymore.[/QUOTE]

$20 too expensive? lol why not pirate games, thats always free

[quote name='bringerofdeath']$20 too expensive? lol why not pirate games, thats always free[/QUOTE]

With how many games that have been released broken on release date, I've actually considered it. But I prefer to have the legit versions rather than steal them.

But with so many games coming out and quite a few of them being ones I want, combined with me having a big backlog of titles I still have to play through, that $20 pricetag isn't far off since many of the titles I want will be bargain bin by the time I get around to getting them.

I typically won't pay more than $10 for any game. I have literally a few hundred titles in the backlog, I'm in no rush whatsoever to play anything even remotely new.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']With how many games that have been released broken on release date, I've actually considered it. But I prefer to have the legit versions rather than steal them.

But with so many games coming out and quite a few of them being ones I want, combined with me having a big backlog of titles I still have to play through, that $20 pricetag isn't far off since many of the titles I want will be bargain bin by the time I get around to getting them.[/QUOTE]

true I typically don't buy any games over $30 unless Its a must have like god of war 3 getting that on release

Yeah, same for me... My sweet spot pirce point for any game is $20 (but with PSP games, I often have to break this rule since the games I want don't seem to drop below $20 -- e.g. Class of Heroes, Phantasy Star Portable, etc.)

Ironically, it's on the next-gen systems that I really get my dollar's worth. The only exception so far is for me to cave in and pre-order FF XIII on PS3. Other than that, I can wait for the new releases to drop in value while I try to make some in-roads into my backlog of games.

I managed to get the downloadable version of GT (the Sony card with a code for the playstation store) for the PSP today for $19.00 at Best Buy in Seattle.

When the cashier tried to ring it up he said it was not valid and only for the UMD version, I stated that I have a PSPGo and no UMD drive and the coupon says GT for PSP. The manager came over and agreed with me. I walked away happy.

Brad

[quote name='bringerofdeath']true I typically don't buy any games over $30 unless Its a must have like god of war 3 getting that on release[/QUOTE]

I threw $5 down on GOW III, but only because the one cashier took 2 copies of Fairytale Fights without giving me the typical rigamarole of 'one of any title'. However, I may just wait and pick up GOWIII once I find a deal on it after release, since I still have a hellish backlog of 10+ titles to finish.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I threw $5 down on GOW III, but only because the one cashier took 2 copies of Fairytale Fights without giving me the typical rigamarole of 'one of any title'. However, I may just wait and pick up GOWIII once I find a deal on it after release, since I still have a hellish backlog of 10+ titles to finish.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the gamestop trade select game for $20 deal going on?
The cashier had no problem putting the $60 credit onto my edge card without any purchases. I will probably just use my in store credit to get gow 3 for nothing

[quote name='bringerofdeath']Are you talking about the gamestop trade select game for $20 deal going on?
The cashier had no problem putting the $60 credit onto my edge card without any purchases. I will probably just use my in store credit to get gow 3 for nothing[/QUOTE]

Actually, I did the 'trade 4, get an extra $20' deal last week a couple of times and at the time I thought I got a hell of a deal. Of course, now looking back on it I see I could've made an extra $5+ per copy, so now I'm pissed off at myself for not waiting an extra week.

But I figured the TIV on some of the games would tank, so I wanted to dump them post haste. I made up for that error with using HWV $5 sale games for the $20 off anything promo though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, I did the 'trade 4, get an extra $20' deal last week a couple of times and at the time I thought I got a hell of a deal. Of course, now looking back on it I see I could've made an extra $5+ per copy, so now I'm pissed off at myself for not waiting an extra week.

But I figured the TIV on some of the games would tank, so I wanted to dump them post haste. I made up for that error with using HWV $5 sale games for the $20 off anything promo though.[/QUOTE]

yeah gonna go to hwv soon to see if they still have some of those games i can trade to gamestop but i doubt ill find any

Probably nothing really good, though Red Faction for $20 and Saint's Row 2 for $5 were pretty damn sweet, though I had both for a loooong time before those two prices came about via the coupons.

But both games are well worth the price of admission.

goddammit...could BB's RZ site take ANY longer on processing my points?! I apparently spent over $150 on gaming stuff to get the free $10 coupon...and for the past 3 weeks...my points for it have been pending...

OMG...get a faster fuckin system! i was planning on using the points for Saboteur when it was $40...Ooop, didn't happen....then maybe on Saw with the extra $20 off before that coupon expires...oop...lookin' like that's not gonna happen either...

this is getting annoying

[quote name='jcp42877']goddammit...could BB's RZ site take ANY longer on processing my points?! I apparently spent over $150 on gaming stuff to get the free $10 coupon...and for the past 3 weeks...my points for it have been pending...

OMG...get a faster fuckin system! i was planning on using the points for Saboteur when it was $40...Ooop, didn't happen....then maybe on Saw with the extra $20 off before that coupon expires...oop...lookin' like that's not gonna happen either...

this is getting annoying[/QUOTE]

They have to make sure that before they credit the points to your account, you are past the date where you are able to return the merchandise that you bought to get the aforementioned points. If it worked in any other way, people would exploit the shit out of it.

[quote name='causticpork']yea i agree cheapest but prolly in february is when I would expect another "glitch" to happen. 2 Back to back glitches would be freaky[/QUOTE]

Actually February is probably going to be the month they drop about 20-30 game guides to a penny, since we haven't had a drop in a while from them.

Points for RZ have taken 35-40 days recently, then another week to process your reward certificate and another 3 days to be able to print it. My last 2 took almost 2 months from purchase.

[quote name='stonciddta']Points for RZ have taken 35-40 days recently, then another week to process your reward certificate and another 3 days to be able to print it. My last 2 took almost 2 months from purchase.[/QUOTE]

It took 34 days (site states 35 days) for my last points to show up. Once your points show up you don't have to wait any time at all to process a certificate or print. You must have a very slow printer.

Yeah, if you have read any posts from the last 3 days, you'd notice it is very, very, very YMMV since the coupon clearly states that it's not valid on sale prices.

[quote name='HCHecxz']Looks like TF:ROTF has dropped to $19.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Transfo...uId=9265038&st=9265038&lp=1&cp=1&ref=69&loc=2

So that Save $20 coupon will make it free....and it's in stock in my town according to the site, so I know where I'm making a pit stop in the morning LOL. Hopefully this works![/QUOTE]

Really??? You don't say.... all those pages 140+ pages of nonsense and finally a sane post!!
/sarcasm

It's unlikely that the price dropped

[quote name='Vegan']I typically won't pay more than $10 for any game. I have literally a few hundred titles in the backlog, I'm in no rush whatsoever to play anything even remotely new.[/QUOTE]

yay for n64 and ps1 games...

:roll:

[quote name='jcp42877']goddammit...could BB's RZ site take ANY longer on processing my points?! I apparently spent over $150 on gaming stuff to get the free $10 coupon...and for the past 3 weeks...my points for it have been pending...

this is getting annoying[/QUOTE]

That saw game sucks ballz. You should be thanking BB actaully.;)

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']That saw game sucks ballz. You should be thanking BB actaully.;)[/QUOTE]
You're right.

jcp42877: Hold off on Saw (should be $10 everywhere by the end of Feb). Game did horrible sales wise. I was trying to score a copy as a collector's item (I don't think they're going to make another one) and to try to get Tobin Bell to sign it (so I can put it with my other Horror memorabilia).

[quote name='dino88']Is anyone getting excited for Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't read in between the "banter", meaning I would give it a shot! Stay classy CAG!

[quote name='Doomstink']They have to make sure that before they credit the points to your account, you are past the date where you are able to return the merchandise that you bought to get the aforementioned points. If it worked in any other way, people would exploit the shit out of it.[/QUOTE]

Silver members can still exploit this, since they get 45 days to return anything, as opposed to 30 days for most merchandise for a regular customer.

Hey CAGs, I just got shot down with the attempt to pick up Transformers RoF for 360 with the coupon. Well, it was worth a shot even though it mentioned not for clearance items.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Silver members can still exploit this, since they get 45 days to return anything, as opposed to 30 days for most merchandise for a regular customer.[/QUOTE]

No, Silver member have to wait longer for the points to post.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Silver members can still exploit this, since they get 45 days to return anything, as opposed to 30 days for most merchandise for a regular customer.[/QUOTE]

If we did this, we wouldn't be silver members for long.

I thought there was price drop on Transformers and got excited and printed extra copies D:
its still on sale damn it

well at least I scored once with this..
failed 3 times though

[quote name='HCHecxz']Sorry I didn't read in between the "banter", meaning I would give it a shot! Stay classy CAG![/QUOTE]

We will. We... Will....

bread's done
Back