Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Isn't that the whole point of being on this site?:roll: If we all paid MSRP for our games, none of us would be here.[/QUOTE]

I'm so cheap, I don't even pay attention...:cool:

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I'm more worried about people on here. Flippers will be clearing out all the free games.[/QUOTE]

Fairytale Fights isn't worth the gas to go get it. If you don't get it, consider yourself lucky

[quote name='reddjoey']Fairytale Fights isn't worth the gas to go get it. If you don't get it, consider yourself lucky[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna flip it anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

Anybody else notice they raised the price for Saints Row 2 on the website? It is now $24.99. Don't prices on the website match the store prices?

[quote name='foster1887']Anybody else notice they raised the price for Saints Row 2 on the website? It is now $24.99. Don't prices on the website match the store prices?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Just noticed it myself and was coming back to post about it. Looks like we won't be getting a free SR2.

[quote name='foster1887']Anybody else notice they raised the price for Saints Row 2 on the website? It is now $24.99. Don't prices on the website match the store prices?[/QUOTE]

But $5 is still better than some manager saying 'you can't have this' at all. It's a great game and well worth at least $5.

If you have a lazy Best Buy, like mine, you still might get it if they don't change the price tag on the shelf. My store had three different prices on the shelf for Bionic Commando when they had that $20 coupon.

Won't matter whats on the shelf, it's what it rings up as. If you have them change it to the price on the shelf, the coupon will become void. No manager is going to give you a free game with a coupon. NONE!! Looks like I was right about them changing the price. Don't be surprised if Let's Tap raises in price too.

[quote name='Estebon']Won't matter whats on the shelf, it's what it rings up as. If you have them change it to the price on the shelf, the coupon will become void. No manager is going to give you a free game with a coupon. NONE!! Looks like I was right about them changing the price. Don't be surprised if Let's Tap raises in price too.[/QUOTE]

Total true. I tried to get a
iconxbox360.gif
GH Smash hits yesterday. The price was $19.99 on the shelf, but the checkout rang up as $49.99, so a manager overrided the price to $19.99 and then the cashier scanned the $10 off coupon and my reward card. The screen asks if it should apply the $10 off, the cashier clicked yes, but the price didn't change. So a manager came and explained that the coupon is voided if they matched the price of the shelf. She cited the "Markdowns taken from regular prices".

You can try to get it to match the price. I was able to do that with a blu-ray player (had a $50 coupon, then it dropped $50 the day after the coupon expired, so I netted $100 off).

[quote name='flameofdoom666']If I bought Fairytale Fights today with the coupon.... on the 20th... I can get the game pricematched?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it..seeing as it would be free.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']If I bought Fairytale Fights today with the coupon.... on the 20th... I can get the game pricematched?[/QUOTE]You would have to return it, then repurchase it with the coupon.

I ended up doing this with X-Blades, and they couldn't reduce the price to $0.00, so they changed the price to $0.01. If they did a return and repurchase, not a PM, it would have worked without any issue to make it $0.00.

[quote name='token2k6']they've gotten onto us! quick, who's the judas??[/QUOTE]

It was me.:D They offered me a $10 RZ certificate and some 'special services' from one of the prettier cashiers. I couldn't resist.;)

Kidding. Maybe someone at BB corporate is finally paying attention and found that little error before it could become yet another big giveaway. Still though, $5 for SR2 is a steal. There's a ton of stuff to do in it after the main story is done.

I remember somebody posting on the BB forums about the last glitch they had regarding the B2G1F promo (about the game rining up in the middle being free, regardless of value) -- to be fair, that person only highlighted that glitch near the end of the promo period. Someone from BB did reply to that post.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Less than a movie ticket I can live with that. :)[/QUOTE]

I haven't been to an actual movie theater in forever(since there hasn't been anything I've desperately wanted to see), so I couldn't even tell you what the price of a ticket is anymore.

But when I went last it was like $8 around here.

Personally, I miss the $1-1.50 theaters we had that popped up for a while round here. That's about what most of these films being put out now are worth per viewing.

Oddly enough, there are VERY FEW movies that I am remotely interested in watching...new or old. Personally I find videogames to offer SO MUCH MORE entertainment value per dollar. Especially games that take awhile to complete and/or offer a great multiplayer aspect.

Question: If I want to get SR2 for PS3, all I have to do is register for reward zone? Do I have to have certain amount of money spent at best buy to get this deal?

Isn't there always someone on this board who doesn't get in on a glitch in time and then complains to the business that he didn't get in, so as a result they cancel everyone's order?

FYI, the Chapel Hill, OH BB has changed their SR2 PS3 tags to $24.99

Galactic Command must have caught on to us in this case.

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, the Chapel Hill, OH BB has changed their SR2 PS3 tags to $24.99

Galactic Command must have caught on to us in this case.[/QUOTE]

Well there goes my Amazon store credit. :bomb::hot::whistle2:#

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, the Chapel Hill, OH BB has changed their SR2 PS3 tags to $24.99

Galactic Command must have caught on to us in this case.[/QUOTE]

well hopefully Let's Tap is free.

lots of copies of SR2 (ps3) at my bestbuy today and they are all still priced at $19.99. Is the price gonna jump to $24.99 at the register or is it YMMV? I thought 19.99 was the MSRP? I'm pretty sure the Fairytale Fights won't work though, cuz it's a sale price. The FF at my store was still listed at $59.99 ouch!

[quote name='Velo214']lots of copies of SR2 (ps3) at my bestbuy today and they are all still priced at $19.99. Is the price gonna jump to $24.99 at the register or is it YMMV? I thought 19.99 was the MSRP? I'm pretty sure the Fairytale Fights won't work though, cuz it's a sale price. The FF at my store was still listed at $59.99 ouch![/QUOTE]

Well, the coupon isn't out yet for SR2 $20 off PS3. You never know if it'll go up to $24 when it comes near the date.

Damn guys...
"out of site, out of mind"
this really has merit!
Just consider chilling on all the posts about intent to abuse and maybe an excellent gaming deal will actually manifest itself.
You just keep adding to the lurkers info and taking down your own chances of being successful in scoring.

[quote name='donut']Damn guys...
"out of site, out of mind"
this really has merit!
Just consider chilling on all the posts about intent to abuse and maybe an excellent gaming deal will actually manifest itself.
You just keep adding to the lurkers info and taking down your own chances of being successful in scoring.[/QUOTE]

Actually, all of the hoarders from here and SD who grabbed all of the copies of X-Blades within a 100 mile radius of their houses for flipping or whatever purposes screwed themselves out of this deal as it would seem that BB has finally caught onto their own mistakes.:lol:

And I couldn't be happier, since maybe that means there might be a single copy of each game left for me now to buy for cheap Christmas presents.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually, all of the hoarders from here and SD who grabbed all of the copies of X-Blades within a 100 mile radius of their houses for flipping or whatever purposes screwed themselves out of this deal as it would seem that BB has finally caught onto their own mistakes.:lol:

And I couldn't be happier, since maybe that means there might be a single copy of each game left for me now to buy for cheap Christmas presents.[/QUOTE]

That's one way to perceive it, but I was thinking the coupons may not be posted...
btw...have you read up on Let's Tap? Honestly seems to be an awful game, place the remote on a hard surface and tap your fingers next to the remote? Read about it a week ago, and made me laugh and spit the drink I was drinking....
off topic but I did find wii Think Fast (Disney Trivia) for $5 on clearance at Target today...bought that for the present I was considering "let's tap" for...

[quote name='donut']That's one way to perceive it, but I was thinking the coupons may not be posted...
btw...have you read up on Let's Tap? Honestly seems to be an awful game, place the remote on a hard surface and tap your fingers next to the remote? Read about it a week ago, and made me laugh and spit the drink I was drinking....
off topic but I did find wii Think Fast (Disney Trivia) for $5 on clearance at Target today...bought that for the present I was considering "let's tap" for...[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're cheap. haha.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Any flipping that might would be done would be in order to do MORE gaming. I'm a cheapassgamer AND BROKEassgamer! LMAO[/QUOTE]

yes, yes, we have read about your flipping intents at least 20x in this thread, excellent newbie contributions...

This is what happens when promos/coupons get leaked almost 3 weeks before the actual deal. With X-Blades and Warhammer, I think (I could be wrong) the deal was leaked only a couple of days ahead of time. By time they inputted any changes to correct their mistake into their POS system, the damage was already done.

And if you don't think BB or any other company (software/publisher/retail) check websites like this and SD, you're fooling yourselves. Coke has a division which goes through magazines, stores and websites to see if someone is using their trademarked "red" color. Yes, they OWN their version of red used on their products.

And CAG (as well as SD) is full of corporate retail employees or newspaper personnel. How do you think any deal gets leaked days or weeks ahead of time? If it weren't for them, we'd all be grabbing the Sunday paper like the rest of "The Sheep". It's us CAGs who finds the loophole (coupon, promo, etc.) which makes a good deal a great deal.

I agree with most, $5 (without the hassle of being turned down) is still a slam dunk on SR2 new. If this was posted on Amazon during the Gold Box this week, it would have been gone in 2 minutes. This saves me the trouble of finding a filler.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donut']yes, yes, we have read about your flipping intents at least 20x in this thread, excellent newbie contributions...[/QUOTE]

I think your calculations are off by quite a bit. You may want to recheck those.

BTW you're acting as though I'm the only one commenting about flipping any games. Sure I just registered on the site not too long ago, but I thought this was the intention of the site: to post info on game deals...free or cheap. NOT be a total douchebag about people making comments about flipping games. If you actually did read my previous comments, you would plainly see that I was planning on keeping @ least one copy of SR2 for PS3 if it ended up being a free deal.

If somehow these BB deals don't work out (as in they raise the game prices & catch on), then yeah it sucks but w/e. I'm not gonna get butt hurt over it. Not like I'm losing anything out on it.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']
And CAG (as well as SD) is full of corporate retail employees or newspaper personnel. How do you think any deal gets leaked days or weeks ahead of time? If it weren't for them, we'd all be grabbing the Sunday paper like the rest of "The Sheep". It's us CAGs who finds the loophole (coupon, promo, etc.) which makes a good deal a great deal.
[/QUOTE]

Well this was printed in the Gamer Club guide or handout that you can pick up at the store.

So really wasn't a leak as it was more of a look this is what you can look forward too next month when you are a Gamer Club Member....

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I think your calculations are off by quite a bit. You may want to recheck those.

BTW you're acting as though I'm the only one commenting about flipping any games. Sure I just registered on the site not too long ago, but I thought this was the intention of the site: to post info on game deals...free or cheap. NOT be a total douchebag about people making comments about flipping games. If you actually did read my previous comments, you would plainly see that I was planning on keeping @ least one copy of SR2 for PS3 if it ended up being a free deal.

If somehow these BB deals don't work out (as in they raise the game prices & catch on), then yeah it sucks but w/e. I'm not gonna get butt hurt over it. Not like I'm losing anything out on it.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CAG where a large percentage of members are retarded/idiotic. :lol:

[quote name='Xellos2099']Well, even if Saint Row is 5 dollar after coupon, it is still worth it. Made the deal easier to be legit buy too.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. $5 is still a great price for this game. SR2 is a great co-op game.

bread's done
Back