Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
WORD OF WARNING: The game is so horrendous, you may throw your controller at the wall.

In the end, this game may cost everyone $40+ for a new controller.

I saw one copy left at my Best Buy when I went to pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy around 5PM today. Not enough Best Buys around here and they're too far apart to make it viable. I'd end up spending my whole day doing it.

Then comes the flipping which is just way too much effort for my tastes in this case since I'd have to spread it out so thin. More power to the CAGs that capitalized on this considering the developers can't even get people to play it when it's being given away.

who votes i get up early tomorrow, and stick it to the hording whore, by going to BBUY and getting all tap games, and give them to CAG's? Show that bitch she dont belong there! :)

[quote name='Xfactor19990']who votes i get up early tomorrow, and stick it to the hording whore, by going to BBUY and getting all tap games, and give them to CAG's? Show that bitch she dont belong there! :)[/QUOTE]

i hope she doesn't get all of this game since i would actually want to try this game out lol

ya man lol lets stick together haha if i can make it ill try and get you a copy and vise versa, god I hate her lol never in my life have I hated a hoarder til today

They have the rzpamphlet with the info on it at the store. So maybe I can just grab one and show a manager n get by, they are really cool people just doing their jobs. Lots of cags start thinking every bestbuy employee is a corporate hound but they could really care less. ;)

[quote name='zippon']as unpopular as it may be, i gotta say that britshady had a point. Problem is, he's trying to preach the values of "restraint" and "finesse" to the gimme!gimme! generation.

Deals like this are no different than slipping a dollar out of the register when the clerk is looking the other way. You do it quietly, a little at a time, and you get more in the long run. But we're so worried about the next guy doing it wrong and getting caught that we're tossing the whole register on the ground at the first opportunity. It's short-sighted and greedy. And it leads to tighter security.

Yeah bb has apparently screwed up like this before (i wasn't around for those). But they're catching on quicker. The point isn't that "best buy is evil so who cares" or "ftf sucks so who cares". It's that raping and pillaging rather than quiet pilfering leads to higher walls and more guards. Which means less deals down the road. :cry:

For the record, i bought and flipped 3, while also purchasing fallout 3 for $40. I could have bought many more. The first store i went to had a ton of ftf, but no fallout, and i didn't want to raise any flags with a big fat "$0.00" transaction. And the second store also had plenty, but i grabbed 3 because that seemed plausible. Yeah, it's conjecture, but if people weren't buying 12, 15, 17 copies, with no filler, the coupon might still be active, and more people might have been able to take advantage.

Now get off my lawn!!![/quote]

+1

[quote name='GEMONYTE']BBV sells Visa gift cards... Trade your games and buy a Visa Gift card. It will take you about $5 to activate but you'll have $22 for each game rather than $10 from TRU and then you can spend your money anywhere you want.[/QUOTE]

Oh god not Visa Vanillas again :roll:

My stores pulled them last year at this time. I thought pretty much all of them did?

I have one copy to trade in and was hoping to get a psn card. Does anybody know if blockbuster carries them?

[quote name='reddjoey']Believe me, no you don't.

Play Castle Crashers, it's 1000X better[/QUOTE]

should have specific, I was Let's Tap. Looks quirky and I'm pretty sure it would make for a great game to play with my friends when we're drinking

Yeah, BBV carries PSN, Live Points and Nintendo Points.

I called BBV before I went in to flip my haul from earlier and they said they'd give me cash, but couldn't. So they said they'd give me a Visa gift card, but they didn't have any. So I finally settled on a BBV gc which I used to buy 2 $50 PSN cards and some movies.

really, i read blockbuster didn't sell psn cards with credit. i was misinformed. i will try again.
I left copies for others at the 2 stores I went to, gave a coupon to a guy with the game and said it was free, and there were still 10 at the end of the day. I don't think they got rid of enough of these copies. just hope the t.i.v. won't plummet by the time i trade them in tomorrow cuz this game won't get anything on ebay/amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='omyard']Yeah, BBV carries PSN, Live Points and Nintendo Points.

I called BBV before I went in to flip my haul from earlier and they said they'd give me cash, but couldn't. So they said they'd give me a Visa gift card, but they didn't have any. So I finally settled on a BBV gc which I used to buy 2 $50 PSN cards and some movies.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply! I really appreciate it. ^_^

Dang I went to 3 different Best Buy's looking for FairyTale Fights, no luck. I know a few CAG members snag a few anybody willing to sell one? pm me.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Saint's Row 2 coupon is $10 off only, way to go Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

You're looking at the old coupons, the 12/21 coupons haven't been posted yet.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Saint's Row 2 coupon is $10 off only, way to go Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

that is an old coupon for the PC version.

[quote name='Zippon']Deals like this are no different than slipping a dollar out of the register when the clerk is looking the other way. [/QUOTE]

haha_oh_wow.jpg

'sigh....':roll:
This one expired yesterday and is not for PS3... Pay attention and review the original post.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']who votes i get up early tomorrow, and stick it to the hording whore, by going to BBUY and getting all tap games, and give them to CAG's? Show that bitch she dont belong there! :)[/QUOTE]

If I didn't have to drive 45 minutes to get to Westminster I'd go n help out!:bouncy:

Tally so far, $80 worth in Goozex points plus $44 at BBV. Total spent, $21.64 and I still have four FF copies left.

Waiting for the coupons...

BTW, where are you guys flipping FF? I see trade-in prices in this thread, but which stores will allow multiple trade-ins on the same console?

Well I still have an extra copy of fairytale fights for :ps3: and :360: if anyone wants to trade the games they got from holllywood video, then PM me, im looking for certain games for the PS3.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Waiting for the coupons...

BTW, where are you guys flipping FF? I see trade-in prices in this thread, but which stores will allow multiple trade-ins on the same console?[/QUOTE]

IMO Game Crazy is the best. $12 cash for each and they allowed me to trade in as many as I wanted.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']IMO Game Crazy is the best. $12 cash for each and they allowed me to trade in as many as I wanted.[/QUOTE]

FYE- $18 cash each , and the manager didn't bat an eye when I traded 10 in.

So I'm searching through the thread trying to find the order you are supposed to run this, because my father tried this today in the city he lives in for me (no Fairytale Fights at my BB) and the computer denied the purchase due to it being less than the coupon.

I just wanted to ensure I was gonna do it right because there are plenty of Saints Row 2 at my location (I just want 1).

[quote name='WormFOODx']So I'm searching through the thread trying to find the order you are supposed to run this, because my father tried this today in the city he lives in for me (no Fairytale Fights at my BB) and the computer denied the purchase due to it being less than the coupon.

I just wanted to ensure I was gonna do it right because there are plenty of Saints Row 2 at my location (I just want 1).[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, I found it from Shrike:

It's worked on whatever price comes up in the computer every time I've used it, so unless they changed it how the coupon works, it won't be an issue.

1) Hand cashier RZ card to scan.
2) Hand cashier game to scan.
3) Hand cashier coupon to scan.
4) Cashier totals out the transaction and accepts the package prices from the coupon.
5) Pay any remaining cost and head out the door.

[quote name='Zippon']As unpopular as it may be, I gotta say that Britshady had a point. Problem is, he's trying to preach the values of "restraint" and "finesse" to the GIMME!GIMME! generation.

Deals like this are no different than slipping a dollar out of the register when the clerk is looking the other way. You do it quietly, a little at a time, and you get more in the long run. But we're so worried about the next guy doing it wrong and getting caught that we're tossing the whole register on the ground at the first opportunity. It's short-sighted and greedy. And it leads to tighter security.

Yeah BB has apparently screwed up like this before (I wasn't around for those). But they're catching on quicker. The point isn't that "Best Buy is evil so who cares" or "FTF sucks so who cares". It's that raping and pillaging rather than quiet pilfering leads to higher walls and more guards. Which means less deals down the road. :cry:

For the record, I bought and flipped 3, while also purchasing Fallout 3 for $40. I could have bought many more. The first store I went to had a ton of FTF, but no Fallout, and I didn't want to raise any flags with a big fat "$0.00" transaction. And the second store also had plenty, but I grabbed 3 because that seemed plausible. Yeah, it's conjecture, but if people weren't buying 12, 15, 17 copies, with no filler, the coupon might still be active, and more people might have been able to take advantage.

Now get off my lawn!!![/QUOTE]

The sad part is it being the unpopular opinion when it's just plain common sense. These deals are meant to be for people that want these games to begin with. Not some money making Cash for Gold opportunity for kids that can't stand paying for anything.

For the few of us that just wanted a few games to ya know actually play??? we're SOL. As far as how good the game is.... I'm sure it's far from great but it's all up to whatever we want to kill a little time with. There's plenty of games that others just love that I can't stand to play and vice versa.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Not that half the people on here even get that idiom. I always thought the average age on here was older than it apparently is at the moment.

[quote name='Britshady']The sad part is it being the unpopular opinion when it's just plain common sense. These deals are meant to be for people that want these games to begin with. Not some money making Cash for Gold opportunity for kids that can't stand paying for anything.

For the few of us that just wanted a few games to ya know actually play??? we're SOL. As far as how good the game is.... I'm sure it's far from great but it's all up to whatever we want to kill a little time with. There's plenty of games that others just love that I can't stand to play and vice versa.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Not that half the people on here even get that idiom. I always thought the average age on here was older than it apparently is at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I was one that didn't mind a somewhat crappy game but my BB was cleared of FTF.

TBH, if I could've picked up 20 copies of FTF for free, flipped 'em at Gamerush and got a brand new PS3...all for free, yeah, sorry bros but I am gonna have to deprive you of your shovelware fun.

Unfortunately, I forgot about this deal until just now.

bread's done
Back