Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems everyone is still paying $5. The issue w/ the coupon is if you want more than one copy, coupon is limiting to one. so bring extras, or maybe the cashier will re-scan same one..

[quote name='Casteor']Let me get this straight, how many times can you use one individual coupon to get how many PS3 SR2?
How much paid in total?[/QUOTE]
It's one per transaction from what I can gather. I don't believe multiple coupons remedy the problem within the same purchase.

[quote name='Jodou']You end up paying more in the long run, so it's a waste of money in most cases. I.e. Amazon generally has games for $10-15 off what GS lists them for so you're using up that 'extra' credit on savings you would have normally got elsewhere. This isn't true in all cases, but you'd be hard pressed to find a deal where this truly works to your advantage. If Amazon still had that $30 trade promo, totally different story.[/QUOTE]

When it comes down to it, I agree I don't think he made a deal at all. Gamestop rarely puts games on sale... not only that you have to factor in a) gas and b) time.

On another note, I feel for a bunch of your (=CAG members) friends and family having to receive crappy/subpar games for Xmas (SR2 and Fairyfighters or whatever that crap was called).

I used my one coupon to get 3 copies of SR2, but had to make it 3 transactions. And btw, I'm not hoarding, 1 is for me, the other 2 will be gifts :)

the Flower Mound, TX BB (at 2499 and 407) has about 20 more copies of SR2 marked $19.99. However, they scan at 24.99, and YMMV over getting it adjusted to FREE for multiples. I felt the $4.99 each was more than a steal as it is, since this is a really good game.

They also had a bunch of Red Factions marked 39.99 ($10 less than the website).

Has anyone tried to price match this to 19.99 from another store? / Has anyone tried this on the collector's edition of Saints Row 2?

[quote name='lordopus99']When it comes down to it, I agree I don't think he made a deal at all. Gamestop rarely puts games on sale... not only that you have to factor in a) gas and b) time.

On another note, I feel for a bunch of your (=CAG members) friends and family having to receive crappy/subpar games for Xmas (SR2 and Fairyfighters or whatever that crap was called).[/QUOTE]

True except if he waits for a used buy 2 get 1. Then he did alright. I am guessing that will come shortly after xmas as well with tht 50% promo running on trade ins.

It seemed like I could have got 1 copy for free, but my greed overfilled me and I tried for 3. The manager price over-rided the computer 3 times to lower it to 19.99 and gave me $20 off each time, but at the end I still had to pay for the other 2 so I said nope. They then ran them through $5 each 1 at a time and it worked but no price override. The manager then went back and took all the SR2's off the shelf(probly to relabel them as 24.99 not 19.99. I went back an hour later and they were all gone...oh well. I think they will put them back up tomorrow after they put the right price sticker on, they had about 20 left in south city STL.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']It seemed like I could have got 1 copy for free, but my greed overfilled me and I tried for 3. The manager price over-rided the computer 3 times to lower it to 19.99 and gave me $20 off each time, but at the end I still had to pay for the other 2 so I said nope. They then ran them through $5 each 1 at a time and it worked but no price override. The manager then went back and took all the SR2's off the shelf(probly to relabel them as 19.99 not 24.99. I went back an hour later and they were all gone...oh well.[/QUOTE]

Justice served.

Flipped some Fairycrapfights game at BBV and the guy goes 'you really are ripping off the system' and Im like 'thanx dude, i'll get 2 $50 psn cards.' it was funny too cuz the manager is like wow 22 is pretty high for a game I never heard of, and i said yeah it totally sucks too, and he says I guess we are giving away that much credit cuz we don't have any in stock. lol.

$35.32 credit at gamestop for each 3sum group tradein of SR2, FTF360 n FTFps3. peace out

I picked up SR2 for $5 and RF:G for $20 from Chicago Best Buy on Michigan Ave. There were like 5 copies of SR2 at noon.

The cashier had to scan the coupon first and then the item, then gave him my ph# for RZ. In that order, because he scanned the coupon last the first attempt and it doesn't apply the coupon. And had to do each on a separate transaction. Good luck to the rest of you. Thanks OP!

"Ripping off the system"?!?!? LMAO!!!

[quote name='Velo214']Flipped some Fairycrapfights game at BBV and the guy goes 'you really are ripping off the system' and Im like 'thanx dude, i'll get 2 $50 psn cards.' it was funny too cuz the manager is like wow 22 is pretty high for a game I never heard of, and i said yeah it totally sucks too, and he says I guess we are giving away that much credit cuz we don't have any in stock. lol.

$35.32 credit at gamestop for each 3sum group tradein of SR2, FTF360 n FTFps3. peace out[/QUOTE]

I picked up SR2 at my local BB in a clearance bin for $10. Didn't bother with the coupon. Also got Resistance in the same bin

yeah, cuz I traded one at first just to get in the system. i mean, i had to give them all my creditcard info and where i live and all that stuff, so i'm not leaving without credit. they asked where i got them and i was like got them all for cheap on craigslist, lol.

the gamestop could care less bout multiple tradeins, they just laughed and asked how the game was and we all started talking about how terribly bad it is even tho none of us ever played it. good times. oh yeah and they looked at the backs of the games and were like 'oh wow, looks perfect'. ... no shia sherlock we just unwrapped them in my car.

the dude at bestbuy was even 'why do you always have to come to my register and make me give you these deals. haha, he said i deserved to get them free but it wasnt gonna work with all three. I know the manager and she came over and even overrided the system all 3 times but no good cuz the one pass per coupon so oh wells. The only, only person that you should feel sorry for is the ultra rich ceo of bestbuy. cry tears for him. the employees at gamestop, bestbuy, blockbuster could really care less, they just want their hourly wage and a customer to be nice and human to them :)
oh yeah and they made me get that blockbuster value card or else you can't get psn credit, etc. I got psn cards and a $30 American McGee Alice painting for my wife.

[quote name='Velo214']Flipped some Fairycrapfights game at BBV and the guy goes 'you really are ripping off the system' and Im like 'thanx dude, i'll get 2 $50 psn cards.' it was funny too cuz the manager is like wow 22 is pretty high for a game I never heard of, and i said yeah it totally sucks too, and he says I guess we are giving away that much credit cuz we don't have any in stock. lol.

$35.32 credit at gamestop for each 3sum group tradein of SR2, FTF360 n FTFps3. peace out[/QUOTE]

When I was getting my FFs at Best Buy and they rang up at $0 the cashier (with manager next to him said) "Yeah, some guy was in here earlier and walked out of there with a huge stack of these for zero dollars, crazy deal" at which point my wife (who doesn't generally participate in all this nonsense but was enjoying the show) said, "Yeah, it's like legalized stealing!" at which point the cashier and the manager both nodded in agreement and chuckled as they handed me my receipt.

It was a fun deal, would do again A+++++++++.

[quote name='handsomepete']When I was getting my FFs at Best Buy and they rang up at $0 the cashier (with manager next to him said) "Yeah, some guy was in here earlier and walked out of there with a huge stack of these for zero dollars, crazy deal" at which point my wife (who doesn't generally participate in all this nonsense but was enjoying the show) said, "Yeah, it's like legalized stealing!" at which point the cashier and the manager both nodded in agreement and chuckled as they handed me my receipt.

It was a fun deal, would do again A+++++++++.[/QUOTE]

What I'm not understanding is did you do that all in one transaction?

[quote name='62t']Am I the only one who is getting Let's Tap even at $10?[/QUOTE]
While paying nothing would have been preferable, I have a feeling this purchase will take a lot less effort.

Best Buy in Garland had one copy of SR2 for PS3. Went to cashier, says she can't do it, because $24.99 is a sale price. Asked to talk to store manager. Store manager says he can take $20 off of $59. Pointed out to him that game is "greatest hits", and those are at most $29. Store manager says he will go to gaming section to find out if I'm correct. Wanders back approximately 5 minutes later and tells cashier to scan coupon. After giving my RZ number, total comes to $4.99 before tax. More work than I would have liked, but still worth it.

Supposedly a profile of BB CEO will be on Dateline or some crap tonight (it was on their twitter) I bet they won't mention anything about how they have multiple glitches in their system time after time..

Get 150 RZ bonus points with these games -- Valid 12/21/09-1/3/10
MX vs. ATV Reflex
The Saboteur

Anyone know anything about the 150 RZ points when buying MX vs ATV Reflex or The Saboteur? I'm not seeing anything on Best Buy's Reward Zone site, nor their Gamers Club site.

[quote name='token2k6']Supposedly a profile of BB CEO will be on Dateline or some crap tonight (it was on their twitter) I bet they won't mention anything about how they have multiple glitches in their system time after time..[/QUOTE]
Uh...why would they mention that on Dateline?

[quote name='botticus']While paying nothing would have been preferable, I have a feeling this purchase will take a lot less effort.[/QUOTE]More effort since you need to open your wallet.

Yeah. My wife says that we did nothing wrong. I totally agree with her. We needed a card. We needed coupons. We needed to even know about the deal. Most people had no idea and ignorance is bliss but there is nothing illegal at all about taking advantage of deals that they give out. She says this is just like her grocery n walgreens rebates that come out to .01, but that's what they want you to do or they wouldn't issue the coupons. She was more upset today about the let's tap coupon change. The sr2 thing was expected.

just curious but how long ago was the x-blades deal...just to get a timeframe of when the next glitch might be?

[quote name='Ronin317']Uh...why would they mention that on Dateline?[/QUOTE]

i was kidding. I just think its sooo funny how they'll run this big story on how Best Buy is flourishing in a dwindling economy by giving consumer's "cheap" prices on electronics and stuff. Like they're doing us all a favor by being in business. Heck, I hope they stay in business and keep giving us free games. Sure, I couldn't get my kicks on the Let's Tap deal, but another one will come around, and we'll all be ready :D

Traded 2 copies of each :360::ps3: FTF for $18/each cash ($22.50 credit) at Fyes. Pretty easy transaction. They just asked for my ID and walked out for $72!

I got Madworld for $10 and SR2 for $5 with the coupons. The system wasn't taking off both coupons in one transaction so we had to ring them up as separate transactions.

I gather this is similar to what others have found, but I thought it was odd that the one-deal-per-transaction thing seems to apply even with 2 different coupons.

effing-a BS!! I have a million BB's and GS's near me, but only 3 FYE and none are close!! No trades until after the 'holiday's' I didn't even get a specific date..

Saints Row 2 is so awesome. Co-op in the next few weeks should rock if any cags wanna tear of Stilwater together. I never tried multiplayer but I could see this week getting a boost in population.
lol, how do i put my psn in my cag thing to the left... i just went to the forum this weekend.

[quote name='The Linguist']I got Madworld for $10 and SR2 for $5 with the coupons. The system wasn't taking off both coupons in one transaction so we had to ring them up as separate transactions.

I gather this is similar to what others have found, but I thought it was odd that the one-deal-per-transaction thing seems to apply even with 2 different coupons.[/QUOTE]

So you needed to bring more than 1 copy of the same coupon and do them in different transactions, but was able to do the transactions with the same cash register?

[quote name='Casteor']So you needed to bring more than 1 copy of the same coupon and do them in different transactions, but was able to do the transactions with the same cash register?[/QUOTE]

SR2 and madworld are different coupons. You can't use two coupons in one transaction.

[quote name='sasukekun']Traded 2 copies of each :360::ps3: FTF for $18/each cash ($22.50 credit) at Fyes. Pretty easy transaction. They just asked for my ID and walked out for $72![/QUOTE]

does your fye sell games??

i have a fye that doesnt sell games and they said they dont take used games...

[quote name='allure']does your fye sell games??

i have a fye that doesnt sell games and they said they dont take used games...[/QUOTE]

I didnt check if they sold new/used games. Honestly I never shop there because all their stuff is so overpriced.

Their online site sells games though, you might be able to use the store credit to buy gift cards and then use the gift cards online.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']SR2 and madworld are different coupons. You can't use two coupons in one transaction.[/QUOTE]
right, that's what I (and the cashier) discovered.

Picked up two copies of :ps3: Red Faction: Guerilla (one for myself and another as a gift), as well as a copy of :ps3: Saint's Row 2 (also as a gift). I did each as a separate transaction, though that wasn't my original intention. I'd wanted the two gifts together (with a gift receipt), and a single RF:G for myself on a separate ticket.

If you're having trouble getting this to go through, this might help: it looked like the teller needed to scan both my RZ card and the coupon for each title for which the coupon is valid. It's counter-intuitive, yes, but I was in line for a bit with first the cashier, then a more-seasoned cashier, and finally the manager. We went through the entire gambit: only one title is eligible for $20 off and not all three (well, no, that's not what it says), or it's not the right system (actually, yes, it is), or SR2 is already discounted. We tried ringing it up several different ways, so my experience today as well as past experiences (where I recall having to scan something several times but not remembering quite what) leads me to my suggestion.

I hope this helps. In the end, I got each RF:G for $20, and SR2 for $5. No manual override needed.

As an aside, I tried to PM TRU's Beatles: Rock Band but was told, unequivocably, that BB didn't match gift cards. Forgive me CAGs, for I have sinned: I didn't bring a copy of their policy with me with which to do battle, so I just picked it up at TRU later.

Sorry. totally baked on that last post. we totally knew it was a glitch in the system cuz the fine print no sale thing. it was the let's tap she was upset bout cuz it seemed legit. and the fact they pulled like 10 sr2's off the shelves after we got 3 for $16. but maybe they will put them back up tomorrow. who knows, im a happy cag

Madworld is a pretty sweet game, I've had it for some time and enjoy going back to it every now and then. It's actually very well done for a beat em up game and incredibly stylized and memorable for anyone who might be on the fence about it. It's just too bad there will never be a sequel due to it's incredibly poor sales. Just another example of Nintendo's poor marketing and weak support of the hardcore gaming segment in action ... but then you guys were all picking up Let's Tap .... ammm I rite!?!

[quote name='etcrane']Madworld is a pretty sweet game, I've had it for some time and enjoy going back to it every now and then. It's actually very well done for a beat em up game and incredibly stylized and memorable for anyone who might be on the fence about it. It's just too bad there will never be a sequel due to it's incredibly poor sales. Just another example of Nintendo's poor marketing and weak support of the hardcore gaming segment in action ... but then you guys were all picking up Let's Tap .... ammm I rite!?![/QUOTE]

I was going to get Let's Tap if it was free. $10 seems like too much though.

I got a copy of Sr2 for me and one for a buddy. Had to have manager override price to get 20 off the second one. I also found them in the discount bins in the video game section.

[quote name='needavacation']Got shot down... RZ coupon not valid on sale prices.[/QUOTE]

its not a sale price. fight them

and can anyone confirm gs trade in is still 9 dollars and what are the chances its still 9 tomoroow? :whistle2:#

Yeah, the coupon / register is so stupid. It says limit 3 but you can only get $20 one in a single transaction. The Manager overrode it for me. Took 10 mins of arguing.

ANyway, picked up 3 SR2 and a copy of Fairytale Fights on a whim. ($20) Is that game any good?

[quote name='needavacation']Got shot down... RZ coupon not valid on sale prices.[/QUOTE]

LAME! I'm gonna try anyways. Thats kinda crappy huh

bread's done
Back